It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife of Swine flu victim criticizes city's handling of illness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Wife of Swine flu victim criticizes city's handling of illness
www.newsday.com...
(per captaintrippy)

The wife of a Queens assistant principal in critical condition with swine flu said Friday city health officials told him he was "setting off a panic" last week when he expressed concern that the illness had sickened students at his school.

Bonnie Wiener, whose husband, Mitchell, is assistant principal of Susan B. Anthony Intermediate School in Hollis, one of three schools closed by the latest swine flu outbreak, said the city health department denied the principal's request to close the school because of suspected swine flu cases there.

"If he [the principal] was allowed to shut the school down, my husband would not be in this condition," she said.
More at Link...

This a sad story to begin with, but, for the "Officials" to twist the facts to "Fit" their "Story" on this Pandemic is even sadder...

Opinions?

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Sad how he was trying to be proactive and then he ends up getting into this critical condition.

Also interesting how his family dispute the "pre-existing condition" comment by the health authorities. Is a pattern emerging?

And, that he's also probably under age 65. Seems to be the pattern reported in Mexico

interesting, but depressing read

~

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

*I believe* a lot of "Pre-Existing Conditions" will turn up with these deaths...

The "Spin" on this is Gout is thought to have led to his condition...get real here...

Notice the other deaths also..."Pre-Existing Conditions"...all of them...

I hope they sue the city/hospital just as the Texas Teachers family is doing!!!

This man TRIED to instill a sense of responsible warning to TPTB...and they gave him

Maybe...IF this doesn't spiral out of control, the parents and family's will bring a class-action lawsuit against the .gov...I would!!!

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chirp

Well...I believe I've done it now...

Due to my incompetence and a nasty case of trolls...my poor thread is now lost...

Sorry...I thought this topic "might" garter some emotional response...

Guess "Comfortably Numb" is in now...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Swine flu afterlife of New York teacher
inside-business-news.ru...

New York Reports Its First Swine Flu Death
www.nytimes.com...

An assistant principal at a New York City public school died of complications from swine flu in an intensive care unit of a Queens hospital on Sunday night, the first death in New York State of the flu strain that has swept across much of the world since it was first identified in April.

Hours before the death of the assistant principal, Mitchell Wiener, city officials announced that five more Queens schools had closed.

On Friday, Dr. Daniel Jernigan, head of flu epidemiology for the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said there had been 173 hospitalizations and 5 deaths reported to the agency. But he emphasized that most cases in the United States — possibly “upwards of 100,000” — were mild.

In Japan, the number of swine flu cases soared over the weekend, and authorities closed more than 1,000 schools and kindergartens .

Mr. Wiener’s death, which came five days after he entered the hospital and three days after his school, Intermediate School 238 in Hollis, Queens, was shut down by health officials, raised the level of concern among the public, especially parents, but health officials played down the significance of the death to public policy.
More at Link...

This is exactly what their family feared...a very sad development.

All due to NYC's stubborn policy's...and for what...to not "rock the boat"...inconvenience people with their own children?

I think THIS death will wake up a few more...not to belittle the other deaths...officially reported as NAU Flu or not...mostly not I'd guess...

Swine flu link probed in Ark. man's death
www.fox16.com...

Worth remembering swine flu h1n1 surfaced about 4 weeks ago, whereas 1918 pandemic took 9months to go round the globe #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/18/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

top topics

join