It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Stepped away and was watching the news with my son for a minute. (he likes to watch it in the morning) I had to make him turn it off even at his young 15 years he caught on when the news reporter on fox I believe said that the health officials where at the school the previous week and told them "they would be more likely to catch flu on the sidewalk than in the halls". "Now their principal is in the hospital on a breathing tube, and hundreds of the kids are sick."

Talk about coming out of the closet!

geeze now he is all worried about me again...

I should have turned it off as soon as they started talking. Have been trying to keep him away from it. dang it! will be in and out from here on out have to keep him calmed down for a bit.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Swine flu will probably spread to new regions: WHO
www.news.com.au...

2 more cases of swine flu confirmed in Wichita Falls
www.timesrecordnews.com...

Malaysia confirms 1st A/H1N1 case, New Zealand adds two
2009-05-15 23:17:17
news.xinhuanet.com...

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Morning all, buisy few days. Thanks to everyone that has been keeping the info flowing. Took a while to get caught up and read everything.

So the mutation begins...... seems we are seeing the infancy of stage 2.

This could be nasty over the next few days / weeks

Swine Flu with a vengance, Raged PG 6'Under

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
pressrepublican: Clinton County has its first confirmed case of swine flu. Read about it soon on our Web site. half a minute ago from web

US, Kansas: State Health Officials Report Two New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in Ford County and Riley County; State Total Rises to 30 h ...6 minutes ago from PingVine

Mexico: 210 Additional Cases and Four Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Increases to 2,656 Cases and 64 Deat ...6 minutes ago from PingVine

gotswineflu: MOFA issues yellow travel alert for Belgium over swine flu ow.ly... 1 minute ago from HootSuite

Rabbit_normal
callous: US Swine Flu numbers growing exponentially. Media is no longer communicating good public health habits. Uh oh. 1 minute ago from mobile web

nnabs: @sarahmars scary right!swine flu is so near to us right now half a minute ago from Power Twitter

aschnitzer: Bloomberg just read a statement live about swine flu while coughing... I love new york half a minute ago from web

MackThKnife: Because the end of the world will surely be brought about by zombies. 4 Weak Spots of Swine Flu Zombies - http://(link tracking not allowed)/12VXXt (expand) half a minute ago from web

terraohhsofab: all nite i kept thinking about swine flu and "I Am Legend". less than a minute ago from web

BlueSwirl: @MrPointyHead Yup. Everyone died from swine flu, and we're the only people left. Want to repopulate the earth with me? less than a minute ago from TwitterFox

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Countries urged to share swine flu samples
www.breakingnews.ie...

Swine H1N1 Cases Explode in Queens New York
Recombinomics Commentary 12:57
May 15, 2009
www.recombinomics.com...

1 new H1N1 flu case in Ind., total 71
www.wishtv.com...

2nd Swine Flu Case In Jacksonville Confirmed
www.news4jax.com...

GumpB: H1N1: Come on WI(613), you will have to try harder to be number one. WY(0), what's your problem? You're not even trying! less than a minute ago from TwitterFox

aladine: So...how many have really died due to the pneumonia caused by the flu? "Partly" due to swine flu? (last link)...BULL! less than a minute ago from web

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
V. Shinde and Others. Triple-Reassortant Swine Influenza A (H1) in Humans in the United States, 2005–2009. 10.1056/NEJMoa0903812
submited by kickingbird at May, 9, 2009 7:50 AM from 10.1056/NEJMoa0903812

Background Triple-reassortant swine influenza A (H1) viruses — containing genes from avian, human, and swine influenza viruses — emerged and became enzootic among pig herds in North America during the late 1990s.

Methods We report the clinical features of the first 11 sporadic cases of infection of humans with triple-reassortant swine influenza A (H1) viruses, occurring from December 2005 through February 2009, until just before the current epidemic of swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) among humans. These data were obtained from routine national influenza surveillance reports and from joint case investigations by public and animal health agencies.

Results The median age of the 11 patients was 10 years (range, 16 months to 48 years), and 4 had underlying health conditions. Nine of the patients had had exposure to pigs, five through direct contact and four through visits to a location where pigs were present but without contact. In another patient, human-to-human transmission was suspected. The range of the incubation period, from the last known exposure to the onset of symptoms, was 3 to 9 days. Among the 10 patients with known clinical symptoms, symptoms included fever (in 90%), cough (in 100%), headache (in 60%), and diarrhea (in 30%). Complete blood counts were available for four patients, revealing leukopenia in two, lymphopenia in one, and thrombocytopenia in another. Four patients were hospitalized, two of whom underwent invasive mechanical ventilation. Four patients received oseltamivir, and all 11 recovered from their illness.

Conclusions From December 2005 until just before the current human epidemic of swine-origin influenza viruses, there was sporadic infection with triple-reassortant swine influenza A (H1) viruses in persons with exposure to pigs in the United States. Although all the patients recovered, severe illness of the lower respiratory tract and unusual influenza signs such as diarrhea were observed in some patients, including those who had been previously healthy.
www.flu.org.cn...

hey I have some breaking news for you guys it is going to blow your mind they just brought in the FBI and surrounded the Novato California water plant and are keeping people from coming anywhere near it! IT INVOLVES THEM FUNNELING MONEY TO RUSSIA!
Got a newspaper article here am going to type it out for you.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

WTF man this just gets crazier and crazier... interested in reading the article.

Very interesting since no real cases reported in russia yet, ? i think ? at least i dont remember any being reported.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Egyptian boy contracts bird flu - MENA
www.reuters.com...

5-year-old female from Egypt's Tama District has been diagnosed with a human case of bird flu, the Ministry of Health confirms. 3 minutes ago from web

# Inverclyde: One Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) : Date: May 15, 2009 15:25 UTC Risk: Medium The British Broadcasting Corporation..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Greenock: Mother And Child Confirmed With Influenza A (H1N1) : Date: May 15, 2009 15:25 UTC Risk: Medium The British Broadcasting Cor..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Brno: Second Individual Hospitalized For Suspected Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 15, 2009 14:47 UTC Risk: Medium Medifax, a national ..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# New Zealand: Two More Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed; Nine Cases Total: Date: May 15, 2009 13:49 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple media ..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

Probable Swine Flu at Philly Elementary School
www.nbcphiladelphia.com...

Two Swine Flu Cases Confirmed in Saline County
www.ksallink.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Federal agents shut down the offices of the Novato Sanitary District on Thursday as part of a criminal investigation.(THEY ARE STILL THERE)
snip a few about who they are etc...
About a dozen FBI agents took over the building at about 8AM leaving only essential employee's to run the district's plant. ANYBODY approaching the building was stopped at the property line and told to stay away.
the manager said it has nothing to do with the 2005/2007 incident where over flow got into an adjacent pasture......nor does it have anything to do with an ongoing investigation of bank fraud where $500,000 was "electronically lifted" from bank accounts and traced to FORMER SOVIET REPUBLIC"S...(yeah right)

JAMES THE MANAGER HAS NOT BEEN TOLD WHY THEY ARE THERE WHAT THE ALLEGATIONS OF THE SEARCH ORDER ARE AND WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR....

An EPA spokesman said they could not confirm the reason for the search warrant because it is an ongoing investigation.

It goes on to talk about them being reprimanded over spills and not reporting them but says absolutely nothing else other than a small snippet about a "private" contractor being brought in to take over....wonder if it is a federal "private" company.

Okay so a federal search warrant to shut the place out from the public.. it isn't over money being funneled over to Russia or spills that happen when an overwhelm happens...what could it be?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Mexico confirms two more flu deaths, toll at 66

Mexico has confirmed two more deaths from swine flu, bringing the death toll to 66.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
How come there is such a delay on the updated lists? We have a total of 4 cases in Belgium now, two that went to the US and two that came in contact with them.
The two travellers where on different planes so eveyone on the planes is tested now. Could become more... and its such a smaaaaalll country!

I just came from the doctor, not for flu. There where 5 ppl in the waiting room, mostly reading the magazines. I was watching them and i noticed how many lick their finger before turning a page. I was so grossed out! comon, your in a doctors waiting room! sick people go there! don't lick your finger when you just touched something that a hundred sick people touched before you!!! jeeeez..... (just letting off some steam, no worries
)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thailand: 2 confirmed cases.Source: Worldmap WHODate: May 15 2009, 06:00 GMT4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

monroe360: First Swine Flu Cases Reported In MS — MSDH to hold press conference today at 1 p.m.1 minute ago from TweetDeck

karatkake: pray for the healing of Mr. Weiner. He's one of the best people at I.S. 238 in Queens. May the Lord rebuke this Swine Flu. 9 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

KRIS 6 News has learned that a 33-year-old man from Nueces County, Texas has become the fifth U.S. fatality from swine flu. 3 minutes ago from web

Interesting... I live in Nueces county and havent heard of this yet but I havent really been looking either.
It looks like the Caller Times site is havint intermittent problems, for me at least.

Caller Times

well its up now, heres what the story has to say about his underlying conditions.

CORPUS CHRISTI — The Nueces County Medical Examiner ruled Friday that a 33-year-old man died on May 6 in part from the H1N1 flu virus. According to a Medical Examiner's ruling, Carlos Garnica, 33, of Corpus Christi died of viral pneumonia on May 6. The contributing factors in his death were hypothyroidism, hypertensive cardiomegaly, sleep apnea, morbid obesity and influenza A, sub-type H1N1. The H1N1 was determined from a Texas State Lab test that was reported Friday. Samples were sent to the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Berzerked]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Good question, 500K is realy not a lot of cash now days, nothing the fed's would get their panties in a bunch over.

Spills go on every day in thousands of companies, the Fed's dont come rushing in to shut it down and bring EPA with them...

There must be a bigger story here. Will be quite interesting to follow.

Whats the possobilities that its connected to whats going on with the flu? ? ? ? *remembering the reports a few years ago of how open our watter supply was to bio attacks from terrorist ***

[edit on 15-5-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Mutations make swine flu virus more dangerous than AIDS
english.pravda.ru...

WLBT: Miss. has 'first cases' of H1N1 Swine Flu, according to health dept.
2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

5 new cases of swine flu confirmed in Madison County
www.siouxcityjournal.com...

moose__: First swine flu death in AZ. Just saw at least 9 cop cars pass by me with lights on. Wonder if the news correlates. 10 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

Back Door:
Obama taps NYC health commissioner to head CDC
news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Lab didn't tell police 22 vials stolen
www.winnipegfreepress.com...

Community reps meet on lab safety
www.winnipegfreepress.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by several

You know it has me wondering to; because they got the piggy flu before us. More of the people here than in Novato work in the city and bay areas than in Novato. There has to be some sort of contamination going on with the supply. They wouldn't just kick everyone out and basically quarantine the place from EVERYONE for some stupid bank scam or minor spill that they had actually been able to clean up.

I am going to check and see if any other plants are under lock down.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Swine Flu: United States Swine Influenza, H1N1 Confirmed Case
Friday, 15 May 2009
www.imperialvalleynews.com...

Special Iowa H1N1 Clinic To Close
www.kcci.com...

FultonCoSchools: Health Dept today confirms H1N1 case of an Amana Academy student. School to be sanitized over the weekend. School remains open at this time. 3 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Isn;t that what I told them in the first place

Another scientific diddy for you guys

Novel Swine-Origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Invest. Emergence of a Novel Swine-Origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus in Humans. 10.1056/NEJMoa0903810
submited by kickingbird at May, 9, 2009 7:49 AM from 10.1056/NEJMoa0903810

Background On April 15 and April 17, 2009, novel swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus (S-OIV) was identified in specimens obtained from two epidemiologically unlinked patients in the United States. The same strain of the virus was identified in Mexico, Canada, and elsewhere. We describe 642 confirmed cases of human S-OIV infection identified from the rapidly evolving U.S. outbreak.

Methods Enhanced surveillance was implemented in the United States for human infection with influenza A viruses that could not be subtyped. Specimens were sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for real-time reverse-transcriptase–polymerase-chain-reaction confirmatory testing for S-OIV.

Results From April 15 through May 5, a total of 642 confirmed cases of S-OIV infection were identified in 41 states. The ages of patients ranged from 3 months to 81 years; 60% of patients were 18 years of age or younger. Of patients with available data, 18% had recently traveled to Mexico, and 16% were identified from school outbreaks of S-OIV infection. The most common presenting symptoms were fever (94% of patients), cough (92%), and sore throat (66%); 25% of patients had diarrhea, and 25% had vomiting. Of the 399 patients for whom hospitalization status was known, 36 (9%) required hospitalization. Of 22 hospitalized patients with available data, 12 had characteristics that conferred an increased risk of severe seasonal influenza, 11 had pneumonia, 8 required admission to an intensive care unit, 4 had respiratory failure, and 2 died. The S-OIV was determined to have a unique genome composition that had not been identified previously.

Conclusions A novel swine-origin influenza A virus was identified as the cause of outbreaks of febrile respiratory infection ranging from self-limited to severe illness. It is likely that the number of confirmed cases underestimates the number of cases that have occurred.

Okay so only 18% of the 642 confirmed case's had traveled to MEXICO, and 16% of those had gotten it from school. Dang that is an eye opener don't ya think! Where did the other's get it from if it isn't such a bad flu..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked

well its up now, heres what the story has to say about his underlying conditions.

CORPUS CHRISTI — The Nueces County Medical Examiner ruled Friday that a 33-year-old man died on May 6 in part from the H1N1 flu virus. According to a Medical Examiner's ruling, Carlos Garnica, 33, of Corpus Christi died of viral pneumonia on May 6. The contributing factors in his death were hypothyroidism, hypertensive cardiomegaly, sleep apnea, morbid obesity and influenza A, sub-type H1N1. The H1N1 was determined from a Texas State Lab test that was reported Friday. Samples were sent to the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta.

Looks like this flu is killing the young (toddlers, plus teen to 40) AND those with chronic disease.

...Seems like several different pathways in one bug, including the dreaded cytokine storm, as well as the traditional hit.

new topics

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join