It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Kaarlela: Student Returning from New York Under Observation For Suspected Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 13, 2009 20:15 UTC Risk: Low ..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Magadanskaya Oblast: 992 Cases of Acute Respiratory Viral Infection and Registered between 4 and 10 May : Date: May 13, 2009 20:11 UT..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Swine flu vaccine won't be ready for next wave
13 May 2009
www.newscientist.com...

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Texas counties with confirmed cases:
Atascosa 1
Bee 1
Bexar 55
Brazoria 1
Brazos 1
Cameron 46
Collin 3
Comal 4
Dallas 63
Denton 6
El Paso 20
Erath 1
Fort Bend 8
Galveston 1
Guadalupe 29
Harris 31
Hidalgo 14
Jefferson 5
Johnson 10
Kendall 1
Matagorda 1
Montgomery 12
Nolan 1
Nueces 9
Starr 11
Tarrant 83
Taylor 10
Travis 5
Upshur 1
Webb 2
Wichita 1
Wise 2
Texas Residents 439
Non-Texas Residents 1
Total 440

Texas Confirmed Cases by County

Also, some headlines you guys might be interested in:
Obama's Supreme Court nominee may be California judge
Ron Paul says states have right to legalize marijuana
Republicans block Obama pick for Interior deputy
Obama reverses course on alleged prison abuse photos
Biggest meth seizure in eastern U.S. made

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
WHO will aim to improve severity assessment (Roundup)
mon stersandcritics.com

New model can predict immune response to influenza A
www.huliq.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
2 thumbs up to the new avatar Hx3.

Security procedures under review at National Microbiology Lab
www.cbc.ca...

2 more cases of swine flu reported in Manitoba, bringing total to 4
www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
www.abedia.com...
link shows a clinical trial in the UK of Haemagglutinin antigen from three different influenza virus strains 2006-2008.

13th Annual Report

GTAC 123:A prospective randomised double blind placebo controlled study to assess the efficacy of a trivalent DNA influenza vaccine administered by Particle Mediated Epidermal Delivery (PMED) against a controlled influenza virus challenge.
This is a related study to the above. Here, the protocol is designed as a vaccine for human influenza. The influenza virus each winter kills around 4,000 people in the UK and around the world between 500,000 and 1 million. Influenza virus affects mainly the upper respiratory tract (nose, throat and bronchi, rarely the lungs) and lasts about a week. Current circulating viruses are divided into two groups A and B. Subgroup A is divided into a further two main subgroups H3N2 and H1N1. Of all the influenza viruses, H3N2 has the greatest mortality rate. This vaccination approach uses a trivalent influenza vaccine made up of equal amounts of three individual influenza plasmids representing three common annual circulating strains, two from strain A, and one from strain B, as well as a plasmid containing the immunostimulator also used in GTAC 122. As with GTAC 122, the delivery system is Particle Mediated Epidermal Delivery (PMED). Subjects are then admitted to a quarantine facility in order to receive a dose of harmless influenza virus during the “challenge” part of the study. The main objective is to evaluate whether the vaccine is effective at preventing influenza symptoms in comparison to a placebo control group. The protocol was discussed by GTAC in July and received final approval in August

[edit on 13-5-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Military says it's prepared if swine flu strikes in Afghanistan

Canada's military says it will be prepared if swine flu strikes soldiers serving in Afghanistan.

Canadian military personnel have put in place testing procedures at the hospital inside the base at Kandahar Airfield.

"Part of our plan is to screen all incoming passengers into the area of responsibility here in Kandahar, so all of the personnel that we have are screened before they arrive," said Lt.-Col. Ron Wojtyk, a Canadian military surgeon and the head physician at the base's NATO hospital.

He said every new arrival is required to fill out a brief questionnaire.

The newcomers are asked if they have a cold, a fever or any muscle aches or pains. They are also asked if they have been to Mexico and if they have come into contact with anyone who has had an influenza-like illness.

"If they say 'Yes' to any of those then they have to see a medical person," Wojtyk said.

In the next few months, 21,000 American soldiers will be deployed in the Kandahar area where they will join more than 1,000 Canadian military personnel.

Around 70,000 foreign soldiers are serving across Afghanistan.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Pardon this Re-Post...

Someone pointed this out in the comment section of this article...Hmmm...

Opinions???

Update On Swine Flu (Influenza A H1N1) Infections - California and Texas, April 2009
April 26th 2009 01:00 AM
www.scientificblogging.com...

~
Secuence of artificial hibridization of new virus called “New Swine Influenza” done in the General Health Laboratorios, Trípoli, Lybia. (Ibn Hayan Project) in June/2008.

Materials:

1) Live Simple (In Tissue Culture) Human Influenza.(H3N2) (Source Bragstad)

2) Live Simple ( In TC.) Aviar influenza (H5N1) (Source Viseshakul)

3) Live Simple (In TC ) Swine Influenza.(H1N1) (Source Sakamoto)

Methods. (Annex 002 detailed)

Low magnetic field bio-reactor in human tissue culture.

(H3N2)Segment PB2 (Transcriptase Bind)
(H5N1) Segment HA (Haemagglutinin)
(H1N1) Segment M2
(Membrane protein)

mNRNA (+)
vRNA (-)
cRNA (+)

Fusion (uncoating)
Fusion (uncoating)
Fusion (Uncoating)

The hybrid strain “Al Najem” 0281. was selected.

Packed in desodorant spray cans .

Path of fedayeens with “Al Najem” virus : Trípoli --Panama--Mexico City – El Paso –San Francisco-
(Ad libitum) (Feb./2009)

(Contact e-mail to Ali Suleiman : [email protected])

Comm. Send in Panama City.

Anonymous (not verified) | 04/30/09 | 13:44 PM

* Reply to This »
* Link
More at Link...

#H1N1 case alert: Jerusalem, Israel: 1 probable case.4 year old boy.Source: Qatar News Agency (Arabic) (English)Date: 13..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

@ ZS:

Fewer than a third in US would get swine flu jab
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
2 more cases of Swine Flu in WNY
www.wivb.com...

Wisconsin H1N1 cases top 500
Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 4:08 PM
www.wrn.com...

Four more Hawaii residents confirmed to have swine flu
Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 11:34am HAST
www.bizjournals.com...

China Confirms Fourth Flu Case

2009-05-13
www.rfa.org...

Student's Swine Flu To Close School For Next Week
wfmz.com...

Conrad Weiser West Elementary School closes for a week because of confirmed swine flu case
www.readingeagle.com...

WHO Avoids Assigning Severity Scale to H1N1 Flu: The World Health Organization (WHO) said today it is unable to .. cli.gs... minutes ago from twitterfeed

AMC delivers 30,000 H1N1 prevention kits to South American countries
www.618tacc.amc.af.mil...

Orbicularis: lotta swine flu masks in this airport 16 minutes ago from txt

SALSM: is getting ready to go to chicago and get swine flu :-( 16 minutes ago from web

MissJenn23: great now theres 4 more cases of the swine flu in Hawaii... i think ppl are going overboard....really...this is getting rediculous!!!!!!!!!! 14 minutes ago from web

kadefast24: 29 cases of swine flu in Polk County!! I'm scared! 14 minutes ago from txt

Lucid_Dreamer81: Experienced something worse than swine flu. Yawning on a packed bus and realizing that I've just smelled a bystanders methane release. 16 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This NAU Flu likes all kinds of weather it seems...from Yukon to Hawaii

NHS staff flu absence may hit 85%
The NHS may struggle to cope if there is a flu pandemic because of the number of staff who will fail to turn up for work, a report suggests.
news.bbc.co.uk...

More H1N1 Cases In Henry County
Cases Tied To Eagles Landing Christian Academy
www.cbsatlanta.com...

New H1N1 Cases Reported In Delaware
cbs3.com...

Confirmed cases of H1N1 rise to 214 in NY
05/13/2009 06:01 PM
news10now.com...

US, Colorado: State Officials Confirm 48 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Statewide #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Hawaii confirms four more swine flu cases, bringing total to 10
www.honoluluadvertiser.com...

5 more cases of swine flu reported in Las Vegas area
www.lvrj.com...

Atascosa County, Texas, USA
1 confirmed case.
Source: Texas Department of State Health Services
Date: 13 May 2009

Columbia County, Wisconsin, USA
2 confirmed cases.
Source: Wisconsin Health Department
Date: 13 May 2009, 20:00 GMT

Swine flu: Scottish school to close for seven days in virus scare
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Interim Guidance on Case Definitions to be Used For Investigations of Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Cases*
May 11, 2009 8:30 PM ET
www.cdc.gov...

Back Door:
Obama letter to Pelosi on funding the IMF
www.foxnews.com...

Telework Advocate: Swine Flu a Wake-Up Call for States and Locals
www.govtech.com...

Poll: Americans Split On Seriousness Of H1N1 Flu
www.cbsnews.com...

pts: So now we are, no joke, going to sit in our landed plane for an hour while Japanese health inspectors check us all for H1N1. 13 minutes ago from Birdhouse

realsarah: Oh lovely, just heard on the news, "a suspected case of Swine Flu in a Susquehanna Valley school." Wonderful, joy joy. 10 minutes ago from twhirl

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Canada: The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) states that a total of 389 cases of influenza A (H1N1) have been recorded nationwide.2 minutes ago from web

US, Iowa: State Officials Report 60 Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu6 minutes ago from web

US, Pennsylvania: State Officials and CDC Confirm 22 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

Nine New Probable Cases of Swine Flu Identified
www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...

US, New Mexico: State Officials Confirm 44 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

US, Missouri: State Health Officials Confirm 19 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu1 minute ago from web

US, Louisiana: State Officials and CDC Confirm 33 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1)2 minutes ago from web

WHO foresees problems with pandemic severity index
www.cidrap.umn.edu...

'Probable' case of NI swine flu
news.bbc.co.uk...

US, Idaho: State Officials Confirm Third Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

How can we avoid a swine flu pandemic?
news.bbc.co.uk...

Confirmed swine flu cases in Wash. jump to 236
www.spokesman.com...

Breath test refused over fears of swine flu
www.dailyregister.com...

*Update* Effective Friday, May 15, 2009, all correctional facilities will resume their normal visiting schedule.
www.cdcr.ca.gov...

westy154: I'm confused. Are we still going to die of Swine Flu, or are the MPs expenses somehow going to do it instead? 9 minutes ago from TwitterFox

michellepang: my boobies hurt. SWINE FLU !!! D; 11 minutes ago from web

number__6: @bonobo_fr Haven't seen any swine flu masks yet. With my luck the one clown who's infected forgot his mask.... 4 minutes ago from TwitterRide

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hmmm...I guess interest in the NAU Flu is waning or everyone has it and are in hospital beds...Hmmm...

Georgia H1N1 cases now at 8
www.wtoc.com...

Three more swine flu cases confirmed in New Jersey
www.nj.com...

Officials: Calif. Spent $10M Monitoring H1N1
www.kcra.com...

H1N1 Influenza Virus Biosafety Guidelines for Laboratory Workers
www.cdc.gov...

USA Ill-equipped for a swine flu pandemic
www.usatoday.com...

H1N1 flu cases now reach 92 in B.C.
www.ctvbc.ctv.ca...

sirwiggum: Swine Flu in Northern Ireland. Waiting on Madagascar visa. Shut. Down. Everything. http://(link tracking not allowed)/jTkgN (expand) 2 minutes ago from web

AnalyticalDiva: In Chicago: Sitting next to a person wearing a surgical mask. Really? Are we still ON swine flu?! 1 minute ago from TwitterFon

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I wonder myself where every one went this is far from over I hope they are ok.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blc4r4

Fer real...even the "Bacon" thread is bare...

Kinda scary in a way...hopefully they just have lives and will get back with us soon

Saskatchewan: Four Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed: Date: May 13, 2009 21:57 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple international media outl..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

Kuopio: One Possible Influenza A (H1N1) Case Under Observation: Date: May 13, 2009 21:48 UTC Risk: Low Helsingin Sanomat, a national ..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

Laval: One Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Provincial Case Count Reaches 26: Date: May 13, 2009 21:17 UTC Risk: Medium The Cana..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

British Columbia: Nine New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; National Case Count Reaches 389 : Date: May 13, 2009 21:06 UTC Risk..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

State no longer testing for swine flu in mild cases
www.floridatoday.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by blc4r4

Fer real...even the "Bacon" thread is bare...

Kinda scary in a way...hopefully they just have lives and will get back with us soon

I am checking both of the threads all of the time and they are really bare as of late. I hope all of our fellow ATSers are still paying attention to this.

I am still preparing and buying supplies for this or any other situation that may pop up.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I got a kick out of this.www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Still there!!! Just busy trying to deal with stuff at work and home

And...still appreciating all of the work you guys are doing! (I hate drama!)

Gotta go, unfortunately,
FMF

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Star 4 U!!!

I got a big 'ol vacuumed pack of varied seeds, BOB packed, and just put together my 2 Gas Masks !!!

Nice to see my questioning post drew a couple of lurkers in

Peru lifts ban on Mexico flights after flu fears
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hey all, looks like our 'omega' has been buisy as well as others.
I have had a friend in the hospital, so have not had much time. Wont be on long, i gota get some rest, i've had 2 hrs sleep since yesterday, as soon as lil butt passes out (which may be a bit he is still bouncing off the walls, way past nap time) I'm going to crash for a few.

I didnt know you could vaccume pack sceeds, though it would harm them, at least from what i read, taking the moisture out was the best way to preserve them for long term storage, that and cold temps... interesting i have a vaccume packer....

in odd happenings had a dual blade Huie ? ? fly over the house today.. military all the way... real unusual for here.. been here in the same place for over a year and never seen one go by, nor had anyone tell me about them being here... flying low and slow... we do have a military base here, but not air, so could be something to do with that, hard to tell, just found it odd..

I hope people are keeping up with all of this, we have not even seen the tip of what is to come yet. If they are ignoring it, they are in for a big suprise...

Man i'm beat... anyone know a good way to knock a little one out, besides a rock *LOL*....

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hx3_1963...thanks for keeping us up to date! Stars for all that posted info as I was working today!

I am pondering the verbage of the DOD memo, along with wording from The Chest, and then thinking more about the care patients that were cited in the one article that was tracking the flu virus mutation. Maybe those folks work for incubation better than eggs!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blc4r4
I got a kick out of this.www.youtube.com...

An interesting take on it...you never know!

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join