It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ohio confirms 11 cases of Swine Flu
Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 8:51pm EDT
www.bizjournals.com...

Wisconsin Has 508 Confirmed Cases of H1N1 Flu
8:48 PM May 13, 2009
www.wsaw.com...

Pinal County officials identify first five cases of H1N1 virus
www.zwire.com...

31 new cases of swine flu confirmed in Canada
May 13, 2009 6:02 PM
www.vancouversun.com...

Back Door:
So much fer Cali seceding from the Union... .gov will own a piece of them and fire their Governor next
Da Terminator is "Terminated"

California formally asks Geithner for TARP assistance
May 13, 2009, 9:21 p.m. EST
www.marketwatch.com...

YouTravel: @myatlantadining no hype. My lawyer advised she was quarantined, as been deathly ill, and now takes swine flu very seriously. 2 minutes ago from web

zenseven: "were in a lot of trouble"If the states gov up the threat lvl to 6 they because of the h1n1 they can suspend the constitution.means deep sht 8 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I haven't lost interest at all. If anything, I get a little more worried everyday. Please don't let our infrequent posts stop you from doing such a wonderful job of data gathering!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Star 4 U!!!

I'm carrying on...

Swine Flu Vaccine Pushed as Severity Rates High in Studies
www.bloomberg.com...

May 14 (Bloomberg) -- Sanofi Aventis SA, GlaxoSmithKline Plc and other drugmakers may start plans to make a vaccine for the swine flu virus that health experts say causes higher rates of pneumonia and other complications than the seasonal strain.

Drug regulators and scientists will confer today at the World Health Organization with company officials to consider whether and when to begin the three-to-six-month process of making shots to protect people against swine flu, known as A/H1N1.

Pharmaceutical companies have been waiting for data on the flu’s severity to determine how soon to begin producing an inoculation. A study in the May 11 edition of the journal Science found that 4 of every 1,000 people infected with the bug in Mexico by late April died, and the WHO said the virus “appears to be more contagious” than seasonal flu.

“It’s almost a no-brainer,” Robert Webster, a flu expert at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, said yesterday in a telephone interview. “It makes sense for vaccine companies to get all their ducks lined up, as it were, to make a vaccine for this new strain.”
More at Link...

Assessing the severity of an influenza pandemic
11 May 2009
www.who.int...

Travel Health Warning
Travel Warning: Novel H1N1 Flu and Severe Cases of Respiratory Illness in Mexico — Avoid Nonessential Travel to Mexico
This information is current as of today, May 13, 2009 at 22:19 EDT
wwwn.cdc.gov...

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I found "The Stand" on cable tonight. I figured I would watch it for any inspiration I might get on where to look next!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Wheee...my favorite

Developments on swine flu worldwide
54 minutes ago
www.google.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hey.... The alert map is gone. They have replaced it with:

"Nothing happens unexpectedly, everything has an indication, we just have to observe the connections."

Is someone trying to tell us something?

EDIT: ahh nevermind, they just MOVED the Alert Map.... But still, that sentence is in it's place, where it used to be. Still odd. lol

[edit on 13-5-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

"Nothing happens unexpectedly, everything has an indication, we just have to observe the connections."

Thats odd..Kinda what we have been doing here....

Ive been looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack..Its out there some where

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Looks like my link got removed from the post.... Sorry about that.

Here it is.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Swine Flu—What Should I Do?
by Jerry Tennant, MD
April 30, 2009
drkentshow.com...

~
Except for the fact that the DNA of this virus is suspect, we should not expect to have an epidemic that kills many people. One of the reasons is that viruses usually do not kill people—they just make you feel bad. What killed the majority of people in 1918 was that the flu allowed people to get bacterial pneumonia from Streptococcus. That is what kills you. We are much better able to deal with bacterial pneumonia now than they were in 1918.

However, the genetically altered viruses like the AIDS virus have killed many. That is the reason for current concerns.

In 1897, the German company Bayer patented aspirin. Their patent expired in 1917, just at the end of World War I. Many of the returning American soldiers brought it back to their families. It was the first time that there had been widespread use of aspirin with the flu. It is known that when a virus attaches to a cell, it cannot duplicate if there is a fever, but it will make a million copies of itself if the temperature is low. Thus lowering temperature with drugs allows viruses to multiply! It is also known that aspirin and drugs like it suppress the immune system making it easier for bacteria to grow. This makes it easier for pneumonia to occur. It is not clear how much aspirin contributed to the spread of the 1918 flu. A current problem is that the antiviral drugs, Tamiflu® and Relenza® lower body temperature. It is not uncommon to see people get the flu and start one of these drugs. They feel better. Then a week later, they have pneumonia.
More at Link...

Why does your body temperature rise when you have a virus such as the flu?
health.howstuffworks.com...

How Viruses Work
health.howstuffworks.com...

Hmmm...
Low Body Temperature
www.kyrieology.com...

Hmmm...

What illnesses can cause one's body temperature to drop below normal?
www.answerbag.com...

Really bad infections (sepsis) can cause one to have very low body temps. Generally those folks are severely ill and are in bad shape. Chemicals like caffeine and nicotine can cause vasoconstriction of the peripheral arteries and make your hands cold but it probably raises or doesnt change overall temperature.
More at Link...

Hmmm...
Genetic resistance to porcine reproductive respiratory syndrome virus
www.pork.org...

Effect of Temperature on the Multiplication of an Influenza Virus
vir.sgmjournals.org...

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hey Omega how you doin tonight ?

I like the new avatar, especially the Omega man title

I haven't lost interest. Just some days i can't get on here often, grandbabies (believe me they let me know when grammy isn't payin enough attention to them :lol
, drivin my ma around, etc. I come on every couple hours to check the posts, just don't post sometimes because i really don't have anything worth posting
And i don't want to feel the wrath of the Mods for posting off topic, or non-contributing posts

I hope you know how appreciated your work is, especially for those like me that can't find the time to do all the research that you do
I would've missed out on a lot of useful info if you weren't here doin what you do, Thanks!

Now enough chit chat before the wrath of the Mods descends upon me

I really like this article...

drkentshow.com...

Especially this..

It is known that when a virus attaches to a cell, it cannot duplicate if there is a fever, but it will make a million copies of itself if the temperature is low. Thus lowering temperature with drugs allows viruses to multiply

That's why i don't take anything to lower my temp unless it gets way too high.

And this....

A current problem is that the antiviral drugs, Tamiflu® and Relenza® lower body temperature.

I wonder if this is why we're seeing these stories about some people having high temps and some having reduced temps ?

His theory on the vitamin D connection is interesting and it makes sense to me.

*Personal note* Grandson is out of school till at least monday/tuesday (Hmmmm 7 days) just like my granddaughter. They have him on antibiotics, antihistimines, and eyedrops. All the doc says is yeah it's goin around, but they won't say what "it" is

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Glad ya liked that article

I'm "Diggin'" trying to find some reasonable cause/effect to this NAU

So...is it possible to have a SIT-6 in the NAU and a SIT-5 in the EU???

Swine Flu Is Now in 33 Countries, W.H.O. Says
May 14th
www.nytimes.com...

Swine flu has reached 33 countries, the World Health Organization said Wednesday, and there have been deaths in four nations: Mexico, the United States, Canada and Costa Rica.

The agency, based in Geneva, is under pressure to change how it issues pandemic alerts, which go up as a new virus spreads even if it is relatively mild. But Dr. Sylvie Briand of the W.H.O.’s global flu program said it would be “not very helpful” to switch to alerts like those for hurricanes, which are based on wind speeds. A virus’s severity, she said, varies from country to country, depending on the population’s previous immunity, average age, the level of readiness of the health care system and the prevalence of diseases that could make people more vulnerable.

Mass hysteria over the swine flu in Japan
www.japanprobe.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Third Sarasota swine flu case confirmed; schools stay alert
www.heraldtribune.com...

WHO: Too soon to comment on human error behind A/H1N1 virus claims
May 14, 2009
www.lookatvietnam.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Hey nice work on keeping the news flowing! Coming off yet another 14 hour "NAP"
I should get ill more often then mabe I will sleep more than three hours a day all the time! I can't get over this! ; third time now I have done it and I didn't have a seizure either my son watched me the whole time. He said he kept coming in and shaking me to make sure I wasn't kicking the bucket on him....

Haven't checked any of my messages but will jump back here if I get any new info...till then

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

No we have way more cases than them don't we ?

Do me a favor and see if you can pull up the map of confirmed cases from this page, it keeps coming up a blank page when i try.

www.in.gov...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Got a hours nap or so, i'm up to 4 1/2 hrs of sleep in 2 days. . wooo hoo *LOL* i'll pass back out in a bit, but wanted to read all the updates and news.

So you were discussing about low body temps and people getting sick... So i did some research, found this..
www.herbalremedies.com...
Cayenne Extra Hot Formula Supplement is a blood warming herb that has an invigorating effect on several body systems including Chronic laryngitis, pain relief, poor circulation, skin irritation and urinary urgency.

they have a lower dose as well
www.herbalremedies.com...

May be worth stocking up on. If it can keep the body and blood temp up, then you may stand a chance to fight the sick ness if you get the flu.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Hmmm...strange...

Indiana State Department of Health: Live Map and Data Services
Stat's:
www.in.gov...

Indiana State Department of Health: Live Map and Data Services
Map:
isdhmaps.isdh.in.gov...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Cayenne Extra Hot
Be very careful with Cayenne pepper and if you are going to use it start with VERY small amount's.
A large number of people are senistive to it and small amounts work just fine in almost everyone. It is also used many time's for people with asthma or respitory symptom's helps to clean things out if you get my drift!
If you can't stand the heat of the cayenne in regular food then you will more than likely not be able to stand the pill capsule's. You can find red pepper's that aren't as hot and they will do the same work as the cayenne. It is actually a chemial compound in the red peppers that is the key.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Interesting, im going to have to do some searching for the other pepper formula's that are not as hot .

I love hot stuff, eat Jabanero peppers and hot sauce on a lot of stuff. But the other half cant take the hot as much.

Good info

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Confusion works so well on the masses...yes?

If you are trying to get accurate number's on the case load's go by local and county wide paper's for the area's you are checking. You can even try local news websites although many have stopped reporting on it and have now gone as far as to archive the new's they did have.
"They" don't expect people will go to so much trouble to get the number's from a local newspaper... so tally hoo my dear!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Yep that's where i was at, i check through each state's department of public health, but it won't let me pull up the map that they have a link to

I'm still tryin to find out why Il and Wi have such high numbers, but Indiana's are so low in comparrison. I would think that being that we are all right next to each other our numbers should be more in line with each other's, seems to be working out that way between WI and IL

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join