It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

THERE WILL BE NO VACCINES OR "MARK" IN MY HOUSE!!

I don't know how I will get out of it myself, but my husband has severe allergies, so my plan for him is to use that as a reason nt to take any vaccines.

And you are right, time is runnig short. Those who have been pining for "them" to go to level 6, might want to reconsider....be careful what you wish for...I'm shaking right now, I' so upset. Thanks for all of your insights.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

THERE WILL BE NO VACCINES OR "MARK" IN MY HOUSE!!

I don't know how I will get out of it myself, but my husband has severe allergies, so my plan for him is to use that as a reason nt to take any vaccines.

And you are right, time is runnig short. Those who have been pining for "them" to go to level 6, might want to reconsider....be careful what you wish for...I'm shaking right now, I' so upset. Thanks for all of your insights.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Well the CDC usually puts up new numbers in an hour or so........we are at 3009..........

I am hedging my bet at 3701

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I'll buy that fer a Dollar!!!

WELL...I can't take no more...my Alcove is sending it's homing signals for much needed Re-Gen...I'll leave it to your capable multi-dexterous upper appendages to carry on...my wayward sun...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Good night! Thanks for the link to the Navy...I've sent that to the appropriate relative who will be going to a naval base later today..
-FMF

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

I would think that the people who had the money could travel to another country could get treatment and they say they are trying to protect the poor.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blc4r4
reply to post by pcgeek

I would think that the people who had the money could travel to another country could get treatment and they say they are trying to protect the poor.

In the US we have health care for the poor and elderly it is called welfare. Wich is better than the insurance that I pay for my family that costs 300.00 a month thru work.
This is just a bigger move to dictate who will get the care for the flu and other things when the SHTF, wich it is already starting to.

It is a scary time we live in and I hoped that I would never see this day and now we are living it. To put it bluntly, this really sucks!!

[edit on 13-5-2009 by pcgeek]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They haven't updated the state numbers but total count is:
states: 45
infected: 3352
dead: 3

CDC

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

It only sucks if we don't stand up.........

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Good Morning all! Hx3_1963, thanks for all your work! Many Stars! I see you have added new avatar, and your new official Omega Man title!

Swine flu fears evident as world's cases top 6,000 (real numbers?)
www.guardian.co.uk...

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 27
13 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 13 May 2009, 33 countries have officially reported 5728 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 2059 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 56 deaths. The United States has reported 3009 laboratory confirmed human cases, including three deaths. Canada has reported 358 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death. Costa Rica has reported eight laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Argentina (1), Australia (1), Austria (1), Brazil (8), China (3, comprising 1 in China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, and 2 in mainland China), Colombia (6), Cuba (1), Denmark (1), El Salvador (4), Finland (2), France (13), Germany (12), Guatemala (3), Ireland (1), Israel (7), Italy (9), Japan (4), Netherlands (3), New Zealand (7), Norway (2), Panama (29), Poland (1), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (3), Spain (98), Sweden (2), Switzerland (1), Thailand (2), and the United Kingdom (68).
www.who.int...

WHO International Map updated May 13th.

www.who.int...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Emergency Operations Center Update on Influenza A(H1N1) May 12
EOC Situation Report #18
Influenza A(H1N1)
Tuesday, 12 May 2009
6:00 pm

Status of Influenza A(H1N1) in the Americas

new.paho.org...

5 new swine flu cases reported in Kan.
www.nebraska.tv...
NTV - ‎10 minutes ago‎
AP - May 13, 2009 11:44 AM ET TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - Kansas health officials say five children in three counties are the latest people confirmed with swine flu ...

No. of confirmed swine flu cases in Iowa now at 60
www.woi-tv.com...
WOI - ‎18 minutes ago‎
AP - May 13, 2009 11:34 AM ET DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - The number of confirmed cases of swine flu in Iowa has increased to 60.

...Is this what Swine Flu feels like?
westlibertyindex.com...
West Liberty Index - ‎20 minutes ago‎
by Sara Sedlacek · May 13, 2009 Wednesday morning I woke up with a sore throat, stuffy nose and achy shoulders and neck. After what seemed like the longest ...

West Liberty residents react to new flu virus
westlibertyindex.com...
West Liberty Index - ‎32 minutes ago‎
by Sara Sedlacek · May 13, 2009 As more cases of the H1N1 virus pop up around the world and in Iowa, West Liberty residents are becoming more and more ...

Confirmed cases of swine flu rise to 208 in NY
www.pressconnects.com...
Press & Sun-Bulletin - ‎43 minutes ago‎
AP • May 13, 2009 Health officials say New York state has 12 more cases of swine flu, bringing the total confirmed to 208. ...

Swine flu treatment side-effects outweigh concerns for pregnant women
wstcwnlk.com...
WNLK - ‎48 minutes ago‎
By WSTC/WNLK Newsroom @ May 13, 2009 10:14 AM Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0) The Center of Disease Control and Prevention said pregnant women who ...

University issues swine flu warning for graduation in St. Louis
www.news-leader.com...
News-Leader.com - ‎50 minutes ago‎
AP • May 13, 2009 ST. LOUIS (AP) — Washington University has taken steps to reduce the threat of the H1N1 virus, or swine flu virus. ...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
US, Ohio: Two New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Brings State Total to 11.
about 1 hour ago from web

Mexico: 164 Additional Cases and Two Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed, Increasing Total to 2,446 Cases and 60 Deaths
about 1 hour ago from web

Panama City: Eight New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches 29 Cases Nationwide #swineflu
about 4 hours ago from web

Hong Kong: Food and Health Bureau confirm second influenza A (H1N1) case.

China: National CDC confirms second case of influenza A (H1N1); identified in Jinan city.

twitter.com...

MEMORANDUM FOR SECRETARY OF THE ARMY
SECRETARY OF THE NAVY
SECRETARY OF THE AIR FORCE
CHAIRMAN OF THE JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF
SUBJECT: Public Health Emergency Management ofthe 2009 HI Nt Flu
Attached is an update on Department ofDefense (DoD) activities in response to the 2009 H IN! Flu. DoD Directive 6200.3, "Emergency Health Powers on Military Installations," May 12, 2003, provides policy on special command authorities in public health emergencies and activities of PubJic Health Emergency Officers (PHEOs). This Directive will be reissued as DoD Instruction, "Public Health Emergency Management," which is now in coordination. Additional relevant current policy is in DoD Instruction 6055.17, "DoD Installation Emergency Management Program," January 13,2009.

DOD EMERGENCY BELLETIN

[edit on 13-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
sadly, we have one comfirmed case of mexican flu in Belgium now... not articles yet, pers conference in half an hour

I knew it would come this way :/

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The link.......fhp.osd.mil...(Final).pdf is not working.....Of course I wanted to take a peak......

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Winnipeg researcher charged with smuggling biological material into U.S.
www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The link to the DoD Memorandum isn't working; do you think they have taken it down already? I work with a girl in the National Guard, and she is really keen on any information out there. She says they aren't giving out anything to them concerning preparedness, and if there is a plan in place for using the Guard. So I was hoping to find something for her, even if it is for the main branches of the military.

Thanks!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

fixed it!

reply to post by GypsK

Sad this is making coverage around the world...spreading from human to human.

The World Health Organization and leading influenza research groups are investigating unpublished claims that the new H1N1 swine flu virus may have evolved in a laboratory, not in nature.

The Geneva-based agency was informed of the pending publication over the weekend by the author, a retired Australian virologist named Adrian Gibbs.

It scrambled to draw in researchers from leading human and animal influenza laboratories around the world in a bid to determine if the claim has merit and if it does, whether that changes the advice WHO gives member countries on the threat posed by the new H1N1 swine flu virus.

www.edmontonsun.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

I fixed it just checked twice should be working now also will repost here:

MEMORANDUM FOR SECRETARY OF THE ARMY
SECRETARY OF THE NAVY
SECRETARY OF THE AIR FORCE
CHAIRMAN OF THE JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF
SUBJECT: Public Health Emergency Management ofthe 2009 HI Nt Flu
Attached is an update on Department ofDefense (DoD) activities in response to the 2009 H IN! Flu. DoD Directive 6200.3, "Emergency Health Powers on Military Installations," May 12, 2003, provides policy on special command authorities in public health emergencies and activities of PubJic Health Emergency Officers (PHEOs). This Directive will be reissued as DoD Instruction, "Public Health Emergency Management," which is now in coordination. Additional relevant current policy is in DoD Instruction 6055.17, "DoD Installation Emergency Management Program," January 13,2009.

DOD EMERGENCY BELLETIN

[edit on 13-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
Winnipeg researcher charged with smuggling biological material into U.S.
www.cbc.ca...

Hummm...interesting article...I can understand not wanting to start from scratch...but to do something like that? Put it in your car trunk? What is the world coming to?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Re: fhp.osd.mil...(Final).pdf

That's an interesting article burntheships, thanks.

I was particularly interested in this paragraph on page 6:

When all available resources are insufficient to meet the health care needs of beneficiaries in a public health emergency, the MHS shall use the limited resources to achieve the greatest good for the greatest number. Under these circumstances, "good" is defined as lives saved and suffering alleviated. In an environment of insufficient resources, MHS commanders shall not require expenditure of resources if treatment likely would prove futile or if a disproportionate amount of assets would be expended for one individual at the cost of many other lives that otherwise could be saved. MHS commanders are to ensure the most competent medical authority is available, at the lowest level of command possible, to make medical judgments of this nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join