It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walkout at Iran leader's speech - UN Geneva

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

You're making it sound like only one side in being intransigent, and being unwilling to negotiate about anything...

It takes two to have an argument, or a negotiation. Both sides are guilty of it, not just "Zionists"...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Because it's all part of a larger scheme. This event isn't about that guy ranting or that other's face turning red.
I just happen to try look at the broader picture and figure that what's pissing the "ex-colonials" is the planned strengthening of sanctions against criticism of religion.
As understood by the "ex-colonials", a move by the muslim leaders to avoid desecration of Muhammad's image as happened in the crisis of the prophet drawings.

Them media focusing on this "rant" is just a way to blur what the real issue is.
What they're doing is drawing the battle lines in preparation of that civilisation conflict they want so much, antagonising christian and muslim world.
Where this conference should be about peoples coming together and sorting out their problems, it's just exacerbing the conflicts and them stupid politicians walking out is just part of the agenda...
They just don't want to end racism and wars.

A little bit of research could surely find correlations between those that walked out and the biggest weapon sellers of the planet.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Iran has not step away from any negotiations, or talks - yet ( and havent attack anywhere in 300 years either ) --- They have send highest official to places where there is a possibility to talk - but someone others are hiding, beating their wardrums and hysteria... I wonder if they will attend any negotiations after this embarassing insult, made by our damned "leaders"... Where is the freedom of speech from UN?

When I have follow years after years about "Iran threat" there is nothing what back ups Israels claims - but there is a lot what back ups Irans point of views.

Latest Gaza Op was a massacre, a warcrime and provocation - but who have been accused, where is the condemnation?

I am with Iranian government and its people - who I see are only truly resisting NWO - and I keep my stance no matter where this madness is leading us all. They are a sovereign nation - and they have right to all kind of technology or economy, religious or what ever - also nukes - than anybody else.

Irans innocent peoples should not be bombed, or strungle with economical sanctions because Zionist imperialistic will to lead New World Order.

International Banksters in Masonic Order - those I am truly against.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Does anyone not understand yet that this is all a big show?
The Illuminati call the shots and they are orchestrating this entire fiasco. Some claim Islam and some claim Judaism and some claim Christianity and they all get their feathers riled up but they all have the same allegiance behind the curtain.
Obama and Ahkmadiniwhatever have the same allegiance that the Pope does to bring about a New World Order. You cannot have a New World Order without first eliminating the old one. This is a prophetic warning to all Christians reading this post..... the Accuser is coming. Pray about it.
God bless.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
- And a picture will tell you a thousand words from this issue:

- Is this the ‘change’ we were promised?

desertpeace.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think many who are patting Iran on the back for a job well done realize that Iran did something incredibly stupid. This was a UN conference on racism, not on Israeli policy.

If Iran had actually taken the high road and hadn't singlehandedly ruined the conference, perhaps the delegates could have come together and made some meaningful decisions about GLOBAL racism. Instead, Ahdmenijhad's tirade ruined what little credibility the conference had.

Instead of choosing to work with others of an opposing view, he chose fiery rhetoric to make the mullahs happy.

But yeah, keep congratulating him on a job well done. I'm sure the following groups of people are going to be really helped out now that the conference is officially ruined:

Ethnic Nepalis in Bhutan
Kalings and any permanent resident not Malay Brunei in Brunei
Rahingya and Burmese Muslims in Burma
The Cham in Cambodia
Uyghurs, Tibetans, and Mongolians in China
Dalits in India
Melanesian Papuans in Indonesia
Non-punjabis in Pakistan
Non-Russian minorities in Russia

Okay so I think the point has been made from just listing the racism towards specific minorities in one continent. Listing Europe, Africa, and North and South America would take way too long.

But yeah, keep congratulating the wonderful Iran because he got some cheap shots in at Israel and started some real change!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Iran said untruthful & evil things like "Israel was created on the "pretext of Jewish suffering" from World War II. We all know that's not true right? [/sarcasm]

The fact is it was pre arranged that they were going to walk out on this guy even Fox News is reporting this fact. Racism is in all races and religions no doubt but I mean cmon take one read of the Talmud and you'll see not only is racism prevalent in the Jewish religion its sanctioned. Im glad not all Jews follow the Talmud and their teachings but to deny their teachings is just wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

We are well aware that racism is not confined to israel.Ahmadinejad made a point and singled out Israel as a racist,elitist warmongering nation.Im pretty sure the conference would have had many other views and shown other atrocities.The fact is,these members walked out when Israel was singled out,i can bet my right arm and left leg that if a speaker was talking about any other country there would have been no such walkout.Either these *representatives* of our nations are stupid or they are in the back pocket of israel via lobbies,it doesn't get much simpler than that.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

We are well aware that racism is not confined to israel.Ahmadinejad made a point and singled out Israel as a racist,elitist warmongering nation.Im pretty sure the conference would have had many other views and shown other atrocities.The fact is,these members walked out when Israel was singled out,i can bet my right arm and left leg that if a speaker was talking about any other country there would have been no such walkout.Either these *representatives* of our nations are stupid or they are in the back pocket of israel via lobbies,it doesn't get much simpler than that.

By making his point he ruined the conference. Had he left Israel out of the equation, the conference could have gone on, Iran would have earned some respect globally, and the Israeli lobby, US, and the Europeans that chose to boycott would have looked stupid for doing so.

You can bet every body part you want, but the fact is we can say anything we want if we're dealing in hypotheticals to make our argument work. The fact and truth is no other nation was mentioned so we can't really know what would have happened, now can we?

If this conference truly ever was to be about alleviating racism, then as a global community you can't single out nations because that nation and its allies won't take part. Want to actually prevent racism? Well then you concentrate on policies that discriminate and marginalize minorities: you don't concentrate on the states themselves.

Every nation attending and boycotting the conference knows this. Iran knew this; instead they chose to use it as a platform to slam Israel...which does what? Could anyone explain to me the benefit of Iran slamming Israel and ruining the conference?

Could any of you explain the benefit that Palestinians received because of this speech?

Oh, that's right...Palestinians won't receive any help or change in policy because we'd rather sit on this rhetorical treadmill and chase each other like rabid rats instead of getting things done.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The conference isn't ruined. Everybody will be back at the table tomorrow. This isn't the end of it. Other countries will be singled-out with each speaker taking the stand.
The problem is the media is only interested in showing what Ahmadinejad had to say.
Don't fool yourself into thinking that this 30 mins speech was the highlight and only event of a 5 days conference.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Hamas have asked for talks repeatedly,after they wont the election they asked for peace talks...Israel and America called them a terrorist organization and point blank refused to have talks or recognise them as the democratically elected government.The only avenue left is unveiling the supposed peaceful democratic nation of Israel for what it truly is,hope enough pressure mounts so that Israel has little to no say in the matter on creating a two state solution with Hamas as the government like the palestinian people decided.There is no bargaining with Israel,so people have to pursue other avenues.This one speech admittedly probably isn't the turning point of this debacle,but he told the truth and thats all you can ask right now.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Man, if I were an evil leader of a corrupt government I would be paying Ahmadinejad to say these things, because apparently the diplomats of some of these western countries are so thin-skinned that they can't stand anyone saying anything negative about their allies, even if it's truthful.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Once again, this was a conference about global racism, not Israeli policy. Iran is not somehow justified for its stupid hate rhetoric against one state. The conference was meant to address global problems with race. Instead, Iran ruined it (btw Chrysalis many of those delegates that walked out won't be returning the next day. Of course the 'show will go on', but it will be just that - a show).

But I suppose it's okay to put the problems tens of millions of others are facing on the backburner, becuase it was 'Ok' for Iran to use Geneva as a podium for another attack on Israel.

And a little side note: UN policy is that zionism is NOT racism. Who decided this? Well it was actually decided by majority vote in the General Assembly! So not only was his attack predictably ridiculous, it was the complete wrong place and time to make it.

Now I for one would like to state that I do not agree with Israeli policy towards Palestinians. I think their treatment of Palestinians is deplorable and hateful...and its reminiscent of the treatment US settlers gave towards Native Americans during the push to the West coast.

However, making this a single state, single issue conference is doing a great humanitarian disservice to the tens, if not hundreds of millions of marginalized races across the globe that could actually benefit from a conference like this.

Edit to Piemaker:
It's how world politics works. If France had gone up and started railing on China for its treatment of Tibetans, China and its allies would have walked out. You're not 'thin-skinned' for walking out on a conference that's going to be used solely to attack you or your allies - you're just not going to waste time when obviously nothing constructive is going to come of it.

But yeah, keep chasing the other rat on the treadmill...I'm sure someday and tons of lives later you'll get somewhere.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Avenginggecko]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If you love Iran so much, why not move there. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms as you are so likeminded with their leaders and you find Europe so repugnant.

You should try to live in a totalitarian regime before you are so fast to defend it. Put your money where your mouth is and try to live there. Then tells us "Viva Iran"

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Dozens of delegates have walked out of a United Nations conference on racism after Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran's president, described Israel as a "racist government".

Ahmadinejad told delegates at the summit in Switzerland on Monday, that after the Second World War the United States and other nations had established a "cruel, oppressive and racist regime in occupied Palestine".

"The UN security council has stabilised this occupation regime and supported it in the last 60 years giving them a free hand to continue their crimes," he told delegates at the Durban Review Conference hall in Geneva.

Dozens of diplomats from countries including Britain and France left the hall in protest as he made the remarks.

Ahmadinejad also asked the conference: "What were the root causes of the US attacks against Iraq or invasion of Afghanistan?

"The Iraqi people have suffered enormous losses ... wasn't the military action against Iraq planned by the Zionists ... in the US administration, in complicity with the arms manufacturing companies?".

Many delegates who remained in the hall applauded Ahmadinejad's comments.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

I wish it could be so easy... I suppose you gave your opinion with sarcasm.

But in matter of fact, I have recently started to write leters with few very beautiful Persian girls - maybe I really get some reason to visit that country some day... In pics it looks like nice place, and womans are very, very beautifull in Persia.

www.worldisround.com...

911 was inside job - so we should cut the crap from evil muslims too - that wont help us a bit, but causes destruction of many sovereign nations.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Since when did Iran hisorically care about Isreal, it only cared once it was established under Islam, Iran only cares because their prophet says kill all Jews, otherwise why would they even care today? I think they have an Arab global elite agenda in the same light. If Isreal goes back under Arabic control it would seem victory over anything Christian and Jews, even if they tried democracy as you have seen, Islam does not want to be run by another system and if it does you will always lose your rights and diversity will be sacrificed with no double standards on offer. So why does present Iran care about Israel again I ask?

en.wikipedia.org...

Relations between Iran and Israel have alternated from close political alliances between the two states during the era of the Pahlavi dynasty to hostility following the rise to power of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini. Currently, the countries do not have diplomatic relations with each other. Iran does not formally recognize Israel as a country, and official government texts often simply refer to it as the "Zionist entity " or the "Zionist regime."
Text

Like wise Iran is an Arabic regime.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
But then again, this conference was kinda doomed from the start because the U.S.A. and Israel have been boycotting it since 2001.
And the wars that happened since (Irak, Afganistan, Lebannon, Gazah...) didn't do much to improve their stance.
So Ahmadinejad speech or not, the issue would have been the same.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Iran isnt the bogeyman your media have force fed you over the many years.From what I have seen Of Iran,it looks a great place to live-and the ladies are HOT!Of course it isnt perfect but then again no country is.

I do have issues with harsh Islamic views,but then again I have the same issues with bible bashers

On topic,I heard this on the radio on the way back from work,and found it amusing the presenter was doing the normal anti Iran snear when he mentioned we walked out on his speech and in the background I could hear loud cheers and clapping proving the warmongers who walked out were the minority

UN is toothless,didnt do anything to America for the Iraq war.In fact I can remember the Iraqi Ambassador pleading with the UN prior to the Iraq invasion to stop the war from starting and that fat POS John Negroponte walked out on him!He of course later on became the USA's ambassador to Iraq and I expect lined his pockets very well with his year there looting

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

All I can say is you should've know it was gonna happen that way. Instead of trying to be helpful he went into typical destroy Israel mode. Lots of people with nuclear bombs couldn't convince this guy to change his ways. Maybe one day he'll wake up with some sense but I seriously doubt it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join