It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walkout at Iran leader's speech - UN Geneva

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Of course democracy is not perfect but let the world be run by Sharia law or communism or some dictator and then say not have democracy. Don't knock the freedoms you have, once your know your neighbours in China and Saudi Arabia you may count your own democracies as the nearest thing to heaven.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
BTW; the Iranians are not the only ones convening a legal gathering to consider prosecuting Israeli leaders for war crimes. NORWAY already has such a legal process in the works and may be issuing indictments soon. Are the Norwegians involved with the Iranians? I think not. Perhaps their incredible sense of social justice compels them to go public with what they perceive as injustice in the world.

We need a more realistic view of Israel in this country, especially since the majority of major spy cases in the USA over the past 20 years have involved passing military secrets to Israeli intelligence. There has also been allegations that Israeli intelligence was aware of or involved in the 9-11 event.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by unlikelycandidate

Last time I checked, we don't publicly execute homosexuals in the US or stone women for walking with unmarried men.

The above described actions are carried out by the Iranian government.

Sure, you'll have racism everywhere, but in Iran, it is the GOVERNMENT that is racist, oppressive, and totalitarian.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by vBreezo

Really, thats funny, I thought all the biggest espiange cases in US history involved China and Russia.

Can you cite to a link that supports your position?

In any event, all countries spy on both their freinds and their enemies. If you think that we don't spy on everyone, your nuts.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Here is a video of Støre's speech.

The Norwegian Minister of Foreign Affairs counters the Iranian president during the Durban II UN summit.

Better than walking out, imo.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
reply to post by unlikelycandidate

Last time I checked, we don't publicly execute homosexuals in the US or stone women for walking with unmarried men.

The above described actions are carried out by the Iranian government.

Sure, you'll have racism everywhere, but in Iran, it is the GOVERNMENT that is racist, oppressive, and totalitarian.

Let's be real...That is there country...until we have a President of the United States of Iran....we can't say S%#T. Really...we can't. The fact that we think that we can makes us just as bad as someone who does anything that our country doesn't agree with morally. We are not the moral authority we. We are just rich beacause we used slaves to make profits on the backs of free labor. I know that's our past but that is our history.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Reckon

Freedom fighters are terrorists huh..? Thats the most stupidest thing I've ever heard. Freedom fighters dont go training little kids to use weapons and dont go about blowing themselves up and killing a dozen people around you....And freedom fighters dont fight for the cause of forcing people to follow certain rituals or religious laws that they think is appropriate....Implementing Sharia??? Is that freedom fighting...? If you have read the Bible you would know that "Cyrus" a persian leader reconstructed Jerusalem and led the jews back to their land and to their Holy temple...Ahmedinejad should have spoken about the issue that was the purpose of the conference, not talk about Zionists where it was not required....It sounds like wherever they go, they talk about Israel....Is that the only issue at hand or do they think that they are the only people in this World....?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join