It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walkout at Iran leader's speech - UN Geneva

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Reckon

Difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter is that the terrorist targets civilians and the freedom fighter targets the government and military.

I doubt that George Washington would have sent teenagers to blow themselves up amongst British civilians. It’s the difference between men with honor and men without.

Again, I must repeat, that this thread was not started by our misguided OP to discuss a government's conduct in relation to terrorism. It is a thread about the UN Racism meeting. Ahmendijackoff is a racist plain and simple.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
I am still looking for the transcript and/or full video coverage of the speech. If anyone comes across either or both, please provide a link.

From the quotes i have found thus far (from over a dozen articles), i don't see the reason for such a sophomoric protest. Ahmadinejad is only speaking the truth. Whether Israel is the "most" cruel and repressive racist regime, is up for debate but undeniably "Israel is a cruel and repressive racist regime".

Hello,

Now sit back and enjoy democracy at work.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
I give the Iranian president credit for having the nerve to stand up and talk about this issue in the long run it just gives the Israeli lobby more ammo to force the west into a war with Iran.I find it telling that the countries who did not attend where the ones with large native populations and we all know how the US Canada and New Zealand,Australia dealt with the natives in their nations much like the Israelis have been dealing with the Palestinians.

I wouldnt say that to much, by that I mean in regards to New Zealand, we've had a recent change in government from a Labor to National lead parliament. If Labor was still in office id say we'd have gone, after all its perfectly fine for Ahmadinejad to criticise but acting petulant and walking out when you'd show a stronger message by staying and arguing the point with him would have been alot better. Im quite ashamed my new government also boycotted it, especially when we our selves have had grievances with Israel, after all, about 5 years ago MOSAD was caught trying to steal New Zealand passports and identities for use by their spies else where in the world, I mean what supposed friend does that to another?

Also our native people have faired alot better than any others in similar situations, heck they gave the British and colonial troops a right thrashing on quite a few occasions during the New Zealand wars (yes we had a war, wasnt really common knowledge until the last 2 decades). Not to mention we've done quite alot of good things to help them along in the last 100 years, and especially in the last 20 or so years (apart from some of the rather bad things that happened in the early parts of the 20th century, but alot of that was going on in the rest of the world with the whole eugenics movements and stolen generations). So I wouldnt lump us in that statement as treating the Maori like Palestinians... since its just a little insulting
and completely off base. Ill even stick up for my Ozzie neighbours and say that while they where also and for a long time very harsh to the Aborigines they've at least tried to fix alot of it recently.

Anyway,

While they didnt have to agree with the Iranian president, the walk out just made both cases for both sides alot stronger, both the pro and anti Israel. For me both countries attitudes and governments stink, infact the whole middle east is one big mess with no real way of solving it until each side gets its head out of its collective backside. Some good could have come out of this but unfortunately it didnt since every one was frightened of being called names or being criticised on genuine issues.

Canada really baffled me by pulling out since I thought it would have had no issues with going.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is one of the best, most enlightened speeches I have ever heard.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

BigfootNZ - Im affraid your understanding is totally compromised by your Zionist leaders and Zionist media.

Canada is a Zionist stronghold - they did not even let George Galloway into their country - at all!! The Jewish something-or-other department made the decision that should be made by government, and they did it publicly. In other words - that Zionist organization acts with impunity to over-ride the Canadian government. Dont think NZ is any different. I'm Australian, and we are totally owned and sold to the Zionists.

Listen to the above clip at the UN council - the Iranian speaker is totally truthful when he says 2,000 Zionists control those countries, and enslave the populations. They control the international security, politics and monetary systems.

Everything your told on your television is a lie - switch it off - go and learn from the net - you will discover the world is under Zionist control.

To break the Zionist control you need to be able to cut out the heart of Mossad and Zionists in all the western governments - there is only one way to do it. Everyone turns off their televisions, and learns their news from the internet - then a slow creation to critical mass - then revolution.

The global monetary system (US dollar hegemony) is breaking down - the US economy is dead, but on life support. The US govt is stealing money from its tax payers, cheating on gold and silver ETF's, perpetuating a massive real estate swindle to try and keep the dollar alive - but everyone with any sense wants it dead.

I think Saudi Arabia and China may be able to give it the death blow - I think Japan's govt is filled with people who have become enlightened that they are being swindled by the Zionists - I think the world is ready to turn on its former masters, and I think if those former masters are not scared - they should be.

They will try everything to remain in control - up to and including nuking the crap out of everyone.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

He believes strongly in what he says, (except for the merry christmas) and sticks by it. That's admirable, killing gays, well I don't know about that.

A rather odd statement on the basis that the clown hair and nose wearing zionists that disrupted the conference were not to concerned about Iran's anti gay laws. They just wanted to gag the debate.

Further still, you are more likely to find a Muslim in favour of Christmas than a zionist.

As for the influencing people and making friends comment, let's have a repose on the nature of real politique. Iran is Persian and Shia, while the Palestinians are Arabs and Sunni. Before the colonial creation of Israel, Arabs and Persians considered each other rivals. This attitude extends to this day amongst the local elite.

Into this mix appears Israel which aims to be a hegemonic power in the region over the surrounding nations fulfilling the role of client states. The use of the Jordan river, the Golan Heights head springs and the surrounding water tables that have been conquered by Israel is not about making the biblical lands green. In fact kibbutzims are total agricultural failures that manage to kill of the centuries old parcel farm lands. The purpose is for large Israeli corporations like Agrexco to be the sole provider of food in the Middle East.

The same is true for telecommunications and even internet access for which Israel has ensured regular blackouts for underwater networks it does not own coincidentally after having purchased two submarines from Germany. A few more times and regional commerce will be flooding to Israel for a more reliable service.

Other resources being monopolised includes intelligence services for regional regimes struggling to keep control of their own people and the sale of US know-how to the highest bidder.

Before this game could kick-off, large and relatively developed countries like Iraq had to be dealt with. At one time, Iraq was considered developed but was slowly disassembled with the coup de grace delivered by the neocons in the US. The next domino to be felled is Iran and it is for this reason that I am in no doubt that Iran is developing a nuclear programme with the potential of offensive capabilities.

Along this tack, Ahmedijad has mounted a highly successful propaganda campaign, not for western ears, but an audience that extends from the ME, to South America, Africa, Russia, China and the Far East. Because your ear (and I include Western governments in this) has been already borrowed by the Israeli narrative and influence, you are completely blind to Iran's resurfacing of the playing field. All you see is a jabbering strong man when in fact the task of stacking the deck is nearly over.

The moment Israel strikes Iran, you are likely to see a sustained and a asymmetric multilevel response that will quite possibly break Israel. Regarding Western economies, other parties after their own interests are likely to give the major economies a kicking to the kidneys if they try and intercede on Israel's behalf. China for one will not allow the US to jeopardies the state of the world economy any further or until it unloads its dollar reserve.

So you see, Ahmedijad is playing an artful game while the West ridicules him.

[edit on 083030p://pm3047 by masonwatcher]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
He opened his speech with:

"In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful…May he bestow upon his prophets… Praise be upon Allah, the Almighty, who is just, kind, and compassionate. May he bestow upon his prophets his blessings and his grace from Adam to Noah; Abraham, Moses, Jesus Christ, and His last prophet, Mohammed.
Peace be upon them all who are the harbingers of monotheism.."

What about the millions of polytheists,deists,atheists or people that beleive the abrahamic mythologies to be mistaken or fraudulent - would he prefer if they were all converted by the the sword?

Doesn't this inherently bigoted and divisive rhetoric wholly support the
mainstream view that 'organised religious opinion' should have very little to do politics?

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

Don't worry Karl, as long as someone takes the pulpit to hijack a conference in order to further a political agenda, who cares what they do? I mean hurrah, hurrah, Iran slammed Israel and now so much has been accomplished! Evil zionists...yargh!

(Please ignore the less known fact that some nations at the conference are pushing monotheistic rule and a crack down against dissenters of Sharia law and anyone who would defame Mohammed).

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
There is a storm coming to this world, the Ishmaelite decedents of an Egyptian and Abraham against the cousins of the Isaac. This has been going on for many thousands of years. The Bible even predicts Iran in prophecy before it ever became a possible enemy. But the same story does repeat itself through history and yet no one ever learns from it. This is no different.

On one hand you have the decedents of the Ishmaelite the Arabs against the decedents of the Jews, this will carry on through till the end of time, it sometimes remains dormant in history but it has always been there and is still waiting to happen. Not everyone on each side Jew or Arab or neutral support their history or religion or final consequences of the outcome. But there has to be spiritual answer to both sides eventually, the Bible and even the Old Testament predicts a final outcome involving Iran, the Bible goes by nations not by race and is not a command but a prdiction. The Qur’an goes by race or religion in predicting or hoping in wiping out the Jews, its always going to in their blood and thought process especially if they are in Israel.

They too can sort out Israel by accepting a democratic solution but they don't because of its stubborn laws, Iran don't care about human rights this is a religious agenda, they are not exactly stopping their Muslim fellows in Somalia or stopping the Budhists being killed in the Philippians in the name of Islam or saying Pakistan should be free for all under democracy and open harmony, quite the opposite really.

Either it’s you being lied to by Iran and the Middle East or it’s the West lying to you. But bare in mind that there is a loop hole in the Qur’an that says it's okay to lie to the enemy during times of war or conquest to gain the upper ground, it has that much more spiritual honour to do so.

I also see Americans a like questioning Barack Obama's faith, some say does it matter, what if he is not telling the truth in where his heart is really set on? Is that also based on the same spiritual honour and loop hole in which the nature of the Qur’an is written? Some may accuse us of not understanding it, funny how they keep misunderstanding their own scriptures even in their own language all these years. Anyway leave it to you people be in the middle undecided or trying to work it out.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
We the people.....

should be ashamed of ourselves.

To all the people screaming '' this is democracy at work ''

Is It?

Really?

Your saying its Democratic, to turn your back and ignore the one person who has the guts to speak the truth on a world stage when the strongest bullies are staring him down?

After all, this IS the truth.....

"What were the root causes of the U.S. attacks against Iraq or invasion of Afghanistan?" the Iranian president said. "The Iraqi people have suffered enormous losses - wasn't the military action against Iraq planned by the Zionists - in the U.S. administration, in complicity with the arms manufacturing companies?"

If your a 911 debater or not.. I think its in everyone’s best interests to finally accept that Iraq was nothing but a corporate plan, run by the government with common people being the sacrifice.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I guess that would be me, since i posted the video with the "Democracy" comment.

So in your opinion, how would you categorize his speech ?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

(Please ignore the less known fact that some nations at the conference are pushing monotheistic rule and a crack down against dissenters of Sharia law and anyone who would defame Mohammed).

Not accurate. You added a twist on that. In fact what some nations are trying to do is pass an agreement that the incitement of racial hatred be banned. It has nothing to do with the right of theological debate or academic discourse just the dehumanisation of peoples and their faith. Inciteful slander would be considered a hate crime just like anti-Jewish acts.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Thank you tristar, you rock!

Here are my notes:

0:45 - 1st clown
1:00 - 2nd clown
1:40 - "please forgive these people they are ill informed"
7:45 - "they established a totally racist government in the occupied territory of Palestine"
8-9 - about 1 tenth of room migrates out the door
10:30 - "root causes of attacks against Iraq and invasion of Afghanistan = zionist"
10:45 - called racist by people in the top back balcony
11:00 - you can see him grinning while holding back a laugh

Countries who left... noted by empty chairs captured by video:
canada, finland, france, hungry, jordan, honduras

Overall a very impressive speech, covered a lot of terrain.

Those who childishly interrupted him and stormed out, made themselves look like complete imbeciles.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Official Transcript from the Foreign Policy Journal

This is a rush transcript of the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s remarks at the United Nations Durban Review Conference on racism in Geneva, Switzerland, on April 20, 2009. Transcribed from the translation given in the U.N. webcast of the speech.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
Israel and Iran are as bad as each other, in my opinion. Israel has done some unforgivable things, but Iran does unspeakable things to its own people in the name of religion.

Yes it has -just look at how liberated the country was before organised religion took over:
mithridates.blogspot.com...

I'm reminded of this quote by Steve Allen:

"When the churches literally ruled society, the human drama encompassed: (a) slavery; ( b ) the cruel subjection of women;( c )the most savage forms of legal punishment; (d) the absurd belief that kings ruled by divine right; (e) the daily imposition of physical abuse; (f) cold heartlessness for the sufferings of the poor; as well as (g) assorted pogroms ('ethnic cleansing' wars) between rival religions, capital punishment for literally hundreds of offenses, and countless other daily imposed moral outrages. . . . It was the free-thinking, challenging work by people of conscience, who almost invariably had to defy the religious and political status quo of their times, that brought us out of such darkness."
Steve Allen

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

I hate to brake it to you but our track record on sexism and especially homophobia is just as bad if not worse. Just because we grovel at Isreal's feet doesn't make us less whatever-ist then anyone else. We are indoctrinated at school that the USA is the example for the world. Well thanks diplomats you just made a great example for the future leaders of this once great nation. You couldn't at least give the man the decency of giving his speech. Maybe...if you wanna make your point how about you don't back down...walk away...and let two clown wig wearing weirdos make a fool of the nations who are supposed to be taking the lead and or setting an example in this world.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

Originally posted by fooffstarr
reply to post by finemanm

However, this is a racism conference, and Iran has one of the worst human rights records when it comes to sexism, homophobia, and anti-Semitism.

I'm sorry I forgot to show what I was quoting...sorry new to repyling!!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thank you for the amazing quote karl, when you consider Allen's collective contribution in this area, he should be classified as a maverick of scholars. Unfortunately i don't think we was taken very seriously in his time, due to being type-casted a comedian. Now a days i could see his perspective well embraced.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
People wonder how easy it is to direct influence. Given the amount of post based on real life situations as the vid being posted, you can more or less understand the influence of today's society and its structured course that its easier to allow public access, rather than deny it.

P.S.

And people all over the world are asking for disclosure, as we once said, you could not handle the truth. So please, choose wisely what you would like to be exposed to.

wink..!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by unlikelycandidate

Did you say you just moved to China? Seems I have seen you around the boards spouting your rhetoric before. What is your experance?

And would you kindly stop speaking for the west as if you are part of it please.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Ummm...where did you ever get that I moved to China..I'm sorry you have the wrong person. But staying on topic, the "west" as you call it, is financing a world of oppression based of a the idea of freedom...that makes no sense. At least some other country leaders show some transperancy in there tyranny...we just lie and misinform people about ours!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join