It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walkout at Iran leader's speech - UN Geneva

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The only countries in that region the US or any one needs to be friendly with are Iran and India.

Pakistan, Israel, and Saudi Arabia are the worst, and the biggest sponsors of terrorism in the world.

Iran isn't going to ever launch a preemptive attack on Israel. They only want Nukes as self defense/deterrent because Israel was allowed to "illegally" acquire nuclear weapons.

The only country I have any fear would launch a Nuclear weapon is Israel.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It just goes to show how bogus international courts and norms are. They're western controlled, not international. If you don't have the support of the zionists (gaza), then you don't matter. If you do (Israel), then you have carte blanche.

I guess the truth stings the ears of the deceitful.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Oh what a poignant scene! I guess they never saw such political intensity in the UN since the highest peaks of the Cold War.

The most amazing thing is that the speech actually met a wave of applauds in the crowd as the Western diplomats were walking away... following these neocon clowns.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

One more step for Zionist to blame Iran from "all the bad" in the world... Just full scale BS - and USA and EU is following zionist facist distorted views.

Wait, but I thought this speech was all about iran blaming Israel for "all the bad in the world", instead of the way you and others here have once again tried to spin it.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by seagull

Iran has not step away from any negotiations, or talks - yet ( and havent attack anywhere in 300 years either ) ---

Except, of course, when iran recently sent their minions hezbollah to attack Israel from Lebanon. So true, no direct attacks, but attacks by proxy? Iran is just as guilty as anyone else.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by finemanm

I wish it could be so easy... I suppose you gave your opinion with sarcasm.

But in matter of fact, I have recently started to write leters with few very beautiful Persian girls - maybe I really get some reason to visit that country some day... In pics it looks like nice place, and womans are very, very beautifull in Persia.

So, basically you are telling us all that your pro-iranian stance here on ATS is based on you having the hots for persian women. That's pretty sick, man ...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The stench of hypocrisy coming from this "conference" is overpowering. Israel has a right to exist. But so does every other state in the modern world, including Palestine. The Berlin Wall fell almost 20 years ago, and the apartheid system in South Africa is no more. The Israeli border wall dwarfs the Berlin Wall, and the treatment of Palestinian people far exceeds in brutality the Government treatment of different racial groups in South Africa. Have no lessons been learned from history?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

One more step for Zionist to blame Iran from "all the bad" in the world... Just full scale BS - and USA and EU is following zionist facist distorted views.

Wait, but I thought this speech was all about iran blaming Israel for "all the bad in the world", instead of the way you and others here have once again tried to spin it.

Were the delegates right in walking out? Yes, it was their right.
Were they justified? No, absolutely not.

Its surprising that the proponents of free speech cant see the country of israel for what it;exactly like apartheid S.Africa, with scant regard for a certain part of its population's lives based on their religion. Not that Iran is any better, but that does not make Israel right, does it?

The western world should look into its own soul if it is really committed to end racism.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98

I think you've missed the point of the conference. The conference was never, ever supposed to be about Israel, Palestine, or Zionism. It was a conference on global racism. If Western states gave this conference legitimacy the only subject matter that would be at hand would be a constant flow of condemnation towards Israel.

Any person with a minor amount of intelligence would know that you don't solve problems this way - at all. If Iran really, truly wanted to engage Israel and alleviate the plight of Palestine, they would have backed off the rhetoric and intentional targeting of Israel and instead worked with everyone in the global community to end policies of apartheid and racism.

But here instead we have Iranian apologists cheering on this idiocy instead of being critical that once again one of the players in the ridiculous Middle East conundrum has taken an opportunity at truly creating positive change and thoroughly smashed it to pieces in order to shore up their own misguided nationalism and political agenda.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

while i don't like Iran , but your support for hateful,racist,genocidal polices of Israel is disgusting , and the behavior of western nations disgusting and hypocritic, boycotting is no solution

If Israel, USA and Germany etc. had any objections to any part of this UN conference, they should have attended and made their point for all to hear.

Israel should go to the meeting, Iran isn't right but neither is Israel blameless.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Any person with a minor amount of intelligence would know that you don't solve problems this way - at all. If Iran really, truly wanted to engage Israel and alleviate the plight of Palestine, they would have backed off the rhetoric and intentional targeting of Israel and instead worked with everyone in the global community to end policies of apartheid and racism.

the only way of end apartheid by israel is to boycott Israel like North Korea

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Wow, well said.

IMHO, the UN has outlasted it's usefulness, and the United States should unilaterally withdraw from it. And then, lock the doors on the UN building in New York and send each and every delegate packing. Let some other country host the UN and deal with multitude of problems it creates, for it solves none. And let's not forget the 22% of the total UN budget that we contribute. I can think of 100 better uses of that money. If it must go to supporting other nations, at least we can sleep at night know it isn't being used to fund conferences used to promote hate speech while simultaneously eroding free speech.

When the UN Secretary General, the man who invited Mr. Ahmadinejad to attend this conference, referred to the Iranian President's speech as a too used to "to accuse, divide and even incite", what more needs to be said?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrysalis
Don't forget the countries that didn't show, boycotted the event from the start :
U.S.A., Canada, Israel, Germany, Holland, Italy, Poland, Australia, New Zealand.
Special mention to those that threatened to walk out : U.K. and France.
And all the sheep that followed the outgoing stream, doing as they had planned yesterday in an exceptionnal meeting of EU's foreign ministers.
What we see forming here is an axis of nations against the ones that raise the true issues, that confront the powers with their current and past mistakes.
How can they prone diplomacy when they just walk out ? Dialogues goes both ways, can't have a dialogue with only one side of the argument.
Sad day...

I'm afraid the writing is on the wall. The NWO bastards are at it again. Clearly, they instructed all the countries they own to walk out on the Iranian speech. And the reason is this:

The god damned dirty banksters do not control the banking system in Iran and about 5 other countries including North Korea. And they want it all.

Their solution? Bomb the hell out of those countries and set up their own theiving banking systems. Theft on the global scale... that's all they understand. They've already robbed America blind, to the point there's damned near nothing left to steal. The soulless bastard vampires need fresh blood. That's all this is about, and nothing else.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Watching this on the news, it just looked so orchestrated, Ahmedinajad's speech deliberately worded to cause offence, prompting sanctimonious walkout. A bit like picking at a scab that was about to fall off, provides relief, but opens up the fresh skin underneath to the air. Its what its supposed to provoke that worries me! and I don't get all this upsetting the NWO because Iran aren't in the loop, the leaders of Iran are as controlled as Brown and Obama!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fasrind
Watching this on the news, it just looked so orchestrated, Ahmedinajad's speech deliberately worded to cause offence, prompting sanctimonious walkout. A bit like picking at a scab that was about to fall off, provides relief, but opens up the fresh skin underneath to the air. Its what its supposed to provoke that worries me! and I don't get all this upsetting the NWO because Iran aren't in the loop, the leaders of Iran are as controlled as Brown and Obama!

fasrind, my post directly above yours gives my opinion on why this happened. But you might even be a step ahead of me. That would be horrifying if what you're suggesting is correct... and it well may be. I'll try to get a look at it and watch it with your idea in mind.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Chicken Walkout

Norway's foreign minister, Jonas Gahr Støre, didn't leave the conference like the other cowards did. Instead he stayed and addressed Ahmadinejad from the podium.

Norway's foreign minister draws fire for following Ahmadinejad at Durban II

News agencies quote Store as telling the conference that Ahmadinejad's words amounted to "incitement to hatred," making Iran "the odd man out" at the meeting by undermining the agreement so far on the conference declaration.

"Norway will not accept that the odd man out hijacks the collective efforts of many," Store reportedly said, adding the statements "run counter to the very spirit of dignity of the conference."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well done, Støre!
You did the right thing by deciding to stay. Freedom of speech! You did what the others should have done.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You know the best analogy I can think of for this, Wrestling where you get the wrestlers "loathing" each other, and arguing, making long speeches ect, but only reading from a prepared script. Only difference is everyone accepts wrestling for what it is, people really believe that actions like this walkout are due to a moral viewpoint, and nothing to do with obeying orders, same goes for the speech. Ahmadinejad may well believe what he's saying, but he's a puppet all the same!!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The truth hurts? I do not hear anything he says to be grossly inaccurate.

Western Diplomats Walk Out On Ahmadinejad Speech On Racism

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98

I don't support Israel's policies towards Palestine - I already addressed that earlier in this thread.

It seems that some of us can't wrap our head around the fact that this isn't supposed to be a conference that singles out Israel and Palestine. It is a conference on global racism.

The point I'm trying to make is that the political grandstanding does nothing for anyone other than Iran's nationalists. This conference wasn't supposed to divide, it was supposed to bring nations together to solve a common human problem. How exactly do you expect to solve anything by taking any and every opportunity to smear a nation with a large block of allies?

But you know what? The mullahs don't benefit from constructive dialog. They need to whip up hate against Israel. And the hawkish Zionists in Israel need to have an enemy like Iran to keep people from reflecting inwardly and reaching out constructively.

The difference in this situation was that Iran truly had an opportunity to rise above and bring nations together to create broad change to end racism. If they had actually done that this conference could have started to set the standards to end global racism, which would have done more for the plight of Palestine than this stupid speech ever would have.

If you (general sense) can't see that Iran doesn't give two s**** about Palestine and is instead just using them for political gain then I'm afraid you (general sense) need to stop applauding Ahdmenijhad's rhetoric for a moment and think about how he is just as responsible for the Palestinian situation as Israel.

And once again let me reiterate that this conference was and should never have been about any specific country. It should have been about addressing racist policies globally - and how the global community could work together to end it.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

reply to post by finemanm

In pics it looks like nice place....

Here are some nice pic from Iran!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join