It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walkout at Iran leader's speech - UN Geneva

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Walkout at Iran leader's speech - UN Geneva

news.bbc.co.uk

Diplomats have walked out of a speech by the Iranian president at a UN anti-racism conference after he described Israel as a "racist government".

Two protesters, wearing coloured wigs, briefly disrupted the beginning of the speech by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad but he continued speaking.

Shortly afterwards a stream of Western delegates walked out when he attacked the creation of the state of Israel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
One more step for Zionist to blame Iran from "all the bad" in the world... Just full scale BS - and USA and EU is following zionist facist distorted views.

Look to Gaza for god sake! - look to Palestinians, and what right wing facist regime is doing over there. Iran is asking just the right questions, and we all should demand some answers... But aggressors cant speak from their crimes, they only understand more violence, and see in the mirror their holy superiority towards other world.

Israel is not capable to talk - and this is what we going to see in prelude to new world war. Nuke "negotiations" will end just like this... And what then? A war is coming fast now...

My respect goes to Irans president and its brave peoples - who take chance to speak about great banned tabu - what is totally silenced western world - Israels devastaing policies, and threat to all human kind.

Keep your flag high above the Middle East - Iran - you just get my full support!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I watched it on BBC news...i dont like much of Irans laws and policies,but he had the balls to say it and i would have gave him a standing ovation if i was there.Its funny how all the countries that walked out are the ones who we *crazy conspiracy theorists* have always said are controlled by israeli lobbies while the ones who stayed are the countries that get raped and pillaged by such countries.Bravo is all i can say,he hit the ball out of the park and showed Israels true colours..hence the mass walkout from corrupt cowards controlled by a foreign country.It was blatantly obvious and everyone knows it.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
QUOTE FROM "AHMADINNERJACKET" ---

"What were the root causes of the U.S. attacks against Iraq or invasion of Afghanistan?" the Iranian president said. "The Iraqi people have suffered enormous losses - wasn't the military action against Iraq planned by the Zionists - in the U.S. administration, in complicity with the arms manufacturing companies?"

www.haaretz.com...

Me man, thats the question we want to hear in world politics!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, that doesn't seem very mature?

Protesting someone discussing the topic?

I tried to watch it but by the time I got to it it was over.

He believes strongly in what he says, (except for the merry christmas) and sticks by it. That's admirable, killing gays, well I don't know about that.

How to win friends and influence people here right? Just walk out when someones talking. Good thing the US didn't show up, they would of just walked out anyways.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Iran is not walking out from any talks, this just came up ---

Iran to open Gaza conference

Tehran steps up efforts to bring Israeli authorities to justice by opening an international conference on their war crimes against Gazans.

While the horrors of Israel's 22-day assault on Gaza sink into oblivion in the international community, some 200 legal experts from various Muslim countries will convene in Iran to put forward a case against the Israeli leadership.

The two-day summit ---which will open in Tehran on Tuesday--- is slated to explore legal and judicial ways to prosecute Israeli political and military officials for resorting to acts of genocide and crimes against humanity in the war against Palestinians.

- I think its highly related to the main issue Israel wants to hide...

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Im not a supporter of Iran or Israel but at least the Iranian President had the balls to go to Geneva and speak his mind!

But by doing so hes just giving the Israels and the American goverment just what they want....some more fuel for there fire!!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
bad news for peace. it is obvious that it is hard to listen to the truth when you used to lie for such a long time. but on that level they should try at least to start a disscussion instead of living the stage. well, it is a sign of some troubles on the way I suppose. will see.

star and flag

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't understand how his words are being misconstrued as anti-semitic or hate speech. Then again, since the people saying these things walked out almost as soon as he started speaking, it's no surprise that they would ignorantly label his words as such since they failed to truly listen to what he was saying.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by parrallel

I think there is no question in Iranian leadership, what is going to happen, if they dont at least TRY to do something to help them self... Speaking out the truth can maybe wake our lazy asses around here!

What other did he said than mention Israel - and then EU was out? ... Just nothing - and isnt there a freedom of speech in UN? - No, if you try to speak about Israel or its history... And why is that so - because its all based on lies.

- WTF! I am so shame to be European with such corrupted governments...

"Viva Iran!"

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yeah i totaly agree with you on this 1 janus!
Iran do not want to be bullied by Europe or the US so the only sane thing they can do is do it through the UN!

Where is that gona get them? Bloody nowhere is my guess!
Theres gona be a mega Poo storm coming and the media is gona blame it all on the Iranians as usal

Star and flag for this 1 janusFin

[edit on 20/4/09 by parrallel]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Don't forget the countries that didn't show, boycotted the event from the start :
U.S.A., Canada, Israel, Germany, Holland, Italy, Poland, Australia, New Zealand.
Special mention to those that threatened to walk out : U.K. and France.
And all the sheep that followed the outgoing stream, doing as they had planned yesterday in an exceptionnal meeting of EU's foreign ministers.
What we see forming here is an axis of nations against the ones that raise the true issues, that confront the powers with their current and past mistakes.
How can they prone diplomacy when they just walk out ? Dialogues goes both ways, can't have a dialogue with only one side of the argument.
Sad day...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Israel and Iran are as bad as each other, in my opinion. Israel has done some unforgivable things, but Iran does unspeakable things to its own people in the name of religion.

Anyway, what this shows me is that the UN is a complete waste of time. It needs completely scrapping and a more realistic and effective body needs to take its place. This current "United" Nations system is corrupt, two-faced, slow to act and wholly ineffective

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Oh, and forgot about Israel recalling its ambassador in Switzerland because their prez had a meeting with the Iranian president.
As if talking to an official that doesn't share your views should be considered an act of war or whaaaaaaat ???

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Oh, bummer, Ahmadinejad said something bad about Keepers of the Jesus Landing Pad, bad, bad, bad Ahmadinejad for having opinion which differs...

One more time UN proves to be bunch of sissy bureaucrats without guts and without any clue whatsoever

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

But Iran is actually making propositions to make the UN better, more partial, where Israel is just exploiting its flaws...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hmmm...

so diplomats walked out on President Amadinijhad (sp?). ...and? If you folks haven't figured it out yet, he's just as much a puppet as any of the other leaders. He says what he's told to say by the ones who wield the power in Iran, and that would be the mullahs.

I really doubt this will be used a pretext for an attack on Iran by anyone...this is merely another in a very long line of anti Israeli/West speeches by Iran's President.

Those countries who walked out exercised their rights to express their feelings about his rant, and make no mistake, it was most assuredly a rant.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It seems to me that our world leaders are a bunch of 8 year olds and the UN is there local creche and they are fighting over whos got the most toys!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrysalis

Zionist view of the world is so pure - and so black´n white...

"You are with us, or against us!"

--- How many will expect any negotiations in Middle-East, like really?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Its gona be time out for somebody soon......go and sit in the corner and think about what you have done!

Yes definatly black and white

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join