It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walkout at Iran leader's speech - UN Geneva

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Yeah and that is so much worse than the CIA's waterboarding, or Abu Ghraib or the US Media's constant onslaught of anti-Iranian propaganda.

It is so much worse than Israel's use of WP rounds in civilian districts. It is so much worse than pushing a race into a corner and bombing the daylights out of them.

Please.

There is 2 sides to every story. Just because daddy FOX says Iran is the big scary devil in the middle-east doesn't mean they are all monsters.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

Yeah and that is so much worse than the CIA's waterboarding, or Abu Ghraib or the US Media's constant onslaught of anti-Iranian propaganda.

It is so much worse than Israel's use of WP rounds in civilian districts. It is so much worse than pushing a race into a corner and bombing the daylights out of them.

Please.

There is 2 sides to every story. Just because daddy FOX says Iran is the big scary devil in the middle-east doesn't mean they are all monsters.

Water boarding a terrorist who is responsible for killing 3000 Americans is not the same as hanging a man because he is gay.

This thread is about the UN racism conference, not the government's methods to fight terrorism. You may think that the US and Israel are heavy handed in the "War on Terror" and you are entitled to that opinion.

However, this is a racism conference, and Iran has one of the worst human rights records when it comes to sexism, homophobia, and anti-Semitism.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

However, this is a racism conference, and Iran has one of the worst human rights records when it comes to sexism, homophobia, and anti-Semitism.

FYI - Iran may be the only country in the world where the Jewish minority is guaranteed (and receives) elected government representation and protection by the constitution.

Outside of Israel, I don't think there are any other countries that do that.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

Please.

Water boarding a terrorist who is responsible for killing 3000 Americans is not the same as hanging a man because he is gay.

This thread is about the UN racism conference, not the government's methods to fight terrorism. You may think that the US and Israel are heavy handed in the "War on Terror" and you are entitled to that opinion.

Your ignorance make my hate go ballistic.
You really dont get it, if you are against the Iranian Regime by posting those picture . Then you are only fueling the anger for a new war.
Sounds like you want that by supporting the IGNORANT claim that the SO CALLED al quadia did the 9/11. Boggy man is still scaring you. Turn the light on and see the man behind the BOGGY MAN MASK.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Reckon

Ah, so you think that the United States government took "innocent middle-eastern people" to a base in Cuba and caused them to be water boarded with absolutely no reason whatsoever. I see, there was no need to attempt to get information from these people, who happened be in Afghanistan - even though they are not Afghani - a place we know was a base for Al Qaeda to train.

Okay, so no "terrorists" attacked the US, Mumbai, Bali, Spain, UK, Israel? These are all false flag operations. Yeah, right. I'm glad you hate the truth.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Walkout at Iran leader's speech - UN Geneva

news.bbc.co.uk

Diplomats have walked out of a speech by the Iranian president at a UN anti-racism conference after he described Israel as a "racist government".

Two protesters, wearing coloured wigs, briefly disrupted the beginning of the speech by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad but he continued speaking.

Shortly afterwards a stream of Western delegates walked out when he attacked the creation of the state of Israel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Hello,

Since you took the time to find a link and post it for the general public to view, do you not think that posting and equal or biased source of media through the eyes of another cultures point of perspective be justified ?

Hey, i am only stating the obvious here..!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I give the Iranian president credit for having the nerve to stand up and talk about this issue in the long run it just gives the Israeli lobby more ammo to force the west into a war with Iran.I find it telling that the countries who did not attend where the ones with large native populations and we all know how the US Canada and New Zealand,Australia dealt with the natives in their nations much like the Israelis have been dealing with the Palestinians.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Reckon

Ah, so you think that the United States government took "innocent middle-eastern people" to a base in Cuba and caused them to be water boarded with absolutely no reason whatsoever. I see, there was no need to attempt to get information from these people, who happened be in Afghanistan - even though they are not Afghani - a place we know was a base for Al Qaeda to train.

Okay, so no "terrorists" attacked the US, Mumbai, Bali, Spain, UK, Israel? These are all false flag operations. Yeah, right. I'm glad you hate the truth.

Deny Ignorance.

And don not forget the founders of USA was terrorist also, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

There is many reasons to create war, and you are not in that position behind this computer wanting those benefits.

Start walk the walk and do not talk the walk.
I have in person seen suicide bombings, attacks and etc.
I know real terror when i see it. The smell of adrenalin of the dead corpses.
And what do you think Americans do to them self when they killed 2 million in Vietnam. And 1 more million in Iraq war.
Its like a duck screaming for attention, and you get it by the hunter.
And by killing one mans brother fuels hes rage to become a SO CALLED terrorist.

Go to the HIVE and feed your self. You still need the Matrix you are not ready for the truth.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Reckon]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Shortly afterwards a stream of Western delegates walked out when he attacked the creation of the state of Israel.

was he fibbing?

No he was not..

why do people get so miffffffffffed.......... i mean cmon people its the year 2009

what has changed? LOL

the human race is DOOOOOMED coz we are DUMB and still argue about DUST DIRT NAMES PLACES

ITS MY FOOTBALL IM GOING HOME

how pathetic...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Keep your flag high above the Middle East - Iran - you just get my full support!

Really?

That is really an obtuse thing to say, given Iran's history of human rights abuse.

You agree with them in one conceptual effort, and that abdicates them of all of their sanctioned sins? Full support?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It was a planned walk out. Its a sure fire way of dismissing Iran's views regardless of who pulls who's strings. What ever happened to freedom of speech?

Its seems to me like, yeah freedom of speech as long as we agree with what you say.

Is Iran really such a warmonger of a county? Yes they have views, rules and beliefs that are not right but so does the USA.

let me see, if the world leaves them alone then they WILL develop nuclear bombs and start blowing everyone up?? Come on.

The ONLY and I repeat the ONLY nation EVER to use nuclear bombs was the good old .S of A. Nobody called for their restriction until they thought hey we have enough to blow up the world over and over again!! Hmmm maybe we better start restricting our arsenal.

What I think is really going on is that the western super powers will lose their leverage against nations like Iran if they develop these weapons. The Iranians are not stupid.

Economic warfare is now I think the new tactic and I think the west has had their day. China, India are not in recession so they will (in my opinion) will come out on top.

Well done because he stood up and said what he wanted.

If western leaders can finger wag so can everyone else.

p.s. This is a rant

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bharata
It was a planned walk out. Its a sure fire way of dismissing Iran's views regardless of who pulls who's strings. What ever happened to freedom of speech?

Perhaps you should ask Ahmadinejad that question. This is president of a country that dispells any sort of freedom of speech whatsoever. Write so much as a blog criticizing the government and risk being inprisoned for life, without charge ,and thats if your lucky! You think the guantanamo inmates have it hard, Evin Prison in Iran makes it look like a 5* resort in comparison. So please, could you tell me why these diplomats should stay listen to racism at an anti-racism conference from someone crying freedom of speech when they suppress it at all costs?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Keep your flag high above the Middle East - Iran - you just get my full support!

Really?

That is really an obtuse thing to say, given Iran's history of human rights abuse.

You agree with them in one conceptual effort, and that abdicates them of all of their sanctioned sins? Full support?

Janus said earlier it is because he lusts after iranian women. Hormones can be a strong motivator, I guess.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Reckon

And don not forget the founders of USA was terrorist also, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

To a certain extent that is true: One man's terrorist is anothers freedom fighter...that much is somewhat true. However, the actions of those Freedom Fighters/Terrorist also define who is a terrorist.

Granted the following is my opinion, you may agree or disagree at your pleasure.

Terrorist thrives on creating, well, terror. A freedom fighter is fighting for, well, freedom. Is a freedom fighter going to strap on a vest of semtex and walk into a pizziaria and detonate? Somehow I doubt it. Terrorists are all about chaos, a freedom fighter is after a certain objective, freedom for their people.

It is, and I grant this freely, something of a gray area. This is all my not so humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by badw0lf

Really?

Janus said earlier it is because he lusts after iranian women. Hormones can be a strong motivator, I guess.

I think he said he had a pen pal sunshine,i dont think I heard him mentioning lusting over Iranian women?Mind you there nothing wrong with that!Or is your snide remark perhaps a thinly veiled slap in his face to hint that he is young and has a lot to learn in this world or his politics are ruled by his groin?
Either way I expect he will treat that comment with the respect it deserves,nothing

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Don't worry about Iran they are only playing with words its all heretic and mistranslation. They don't hate America or Jews or non Muslims so the video below is just one example of what could be your worst nightmare hidden in your kindness which can cause tollerance with blindness.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Excerpt from BBC News report - news.bbc.co.uk...

"The president supported his deputy's comments, while making one of his strongest tirades to date against the 'leaders of Zionism'.

Mr Ahmadinejad said that a handful - only around 2000 Zionists - dominated the centres of power in the West. They were atheists, he said, who wanted to dominate the world and plunder the wealth of nations.

And Mr Ahmadinejad argued that that many of those now living in Israel had been duped into moving to the country by that handful of Zionists. It was time to open the gates to let them return home. "

Whether you believe in them or not - they believe in you - this is the Zionists time to exercise power.

Simply start to openly rebuke Israels policies in Palestine - and watch them foam at the mouth - many US senators and congressmen are Zionists - speak against Israel, and watch them try to hold themselves back from crucifying you on the spot - "by their words you will know them".

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I am still looking for the transcript and/or full video coverage of the speech. If anyone comes across either or both, please provide a link.

From the quotes i have found thus far (from over a dozen articles), i don't see the reason for such a sophomoric protest. Ahmadinejad is only speaking the truth. Whether Israel is the "most" cruel and repressive racist regime, is up for debate but undeniably "Israel is a cruel and repressive racist regime".

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
They should let the Jews live in Mecca, that way we can test his so called double standards that are not equally religiously motivated. Yes Jews do live in Iran but they were there before Iran was called Iran and many of the churches were founded before Islam, but since then no more churches have been built without some form of persecution and second rate Dhimmi kaffa status.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
He opened his speech with:

"In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful…May he bestow upon his prophets… Praise be upon Allah, the Almighty, who is just, kind, and compassionate. May he bestow upon his prophets his blessings and his grace from Adam to Noah; Abraham, Moses, Jesus Christ, and His last prophet, Mohammed.
Peace be upon them all who are the harbingers of monotheism.."

What about the millions of polytheists,deists,atheists or people that beleive the abrahamic mythologies to be mistaken or fraudulent - would he prefer if they were all converted by the the sword?

Doesn't this inherently bigoted and divisive rhetoric wholly support the
mainstream view that 'organised religious opinion' should have very little to do politics?

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join