It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study claims 'highly engineered explosive' found in WTC rubbl

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Iron is not an "oxidizing metal." You are confused about the chemistry

Am I?

Fresh iron surfaces are lustrous and silvery-grey in color, but oxidise in air to form a red or brown coating of ferrous oxide or rust.

en.wikipedia.org...

'Nuff said.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by greenorbs

I have always thought the reason WTC7 was pulled was because the plotters used the NYC emergency command center to run the entire op that day that was the nerve center for not only the towers but for the pentagon and Shanksville as well. As for the traces of termite when buildings the size of the towers go down you need a very powerful explosive to do it that's where perhaps a demolition team comes in.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Actually RR track is what thermite was origionally used for.Those huge welders don't work too well without a power source,like remote stretches of track in the laying,you see and thermite only needs a crucible to contain the reaction.And a fire source,such as a magnesium flare.Thermate has sulfur which is highly injurious to hot steel.

And nano particles must be ground fine,then screened,then mixed with other fine ground,screened m'trls.It's an art and so precise are the controls that samples can be identified as to source from micro examination.Could all this happen in a falling building?There are lots of other unique happenings that day,so why not?(Sarcasm)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Not wishing to interrupt this important thread, but I started the same topic a couple of days ago and the thread is still active here: Active Thermitic Material Discovered in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center

Not sure if there is some way mods can merge them.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
yawn, i stopped caring you can't prove things to people who don't want to know truth anymore these days. Hopelessly enslaved, i say if they want to be, let them. The truth is so easy to figure out, if they don't want to, so be it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
reply to post by greenorbs

I have always thought the reason WTC7 was pulled was because the plotters used the NYC emergency command center to run the entire op that day that was the nerve center for not only the towers but for the pentagon and Shanksville as well.

I believe you're correct. It's possible that the plane near Shanksville was intended to destroy the evidence at WTC 7. Maybe it got delayed or compromised and had to be shot down. The mayor of Shanksville and several Vietnam vets in the area distinctly heard Sidewinder missiles prior to the "crash." That's what amazes me about the government's official story. They're totally incapable of telling the truth about any aspect of 9/11, including details that could be justified or seen as innocuous. Nope, 100% lies from beginning to end. Hell, they didn't even bother coming up with alternate identities for the six or seven "hijackers" who were found to be alive and protested being identified as "terrorists." The only guys that I know for sure were involved in 9/11 (besides Cheney and Rumsfeld), are those dancing Israelis who were arrested on charges of plotting to blow up the George Washington Bridge. But thanks to Chertoff, they were released a couple months later.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by djvexd

You can't spot weld with a compound that burns at 3000C. It's higher than the melting point of steel, iron or even reinforced concrete.....[edit on 5/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]
You don't get out much do you? The whole point of an exothermic weld is to melt the metals together.

Contrary to popular opinion here... you CAN spot weld using exothermic welding compounds.

You get to use this cool little thing called a "mold" that attaches to the metal being welded ... oh, the mold is made of pure carbon by the way ... and you load the 'shot' (as we like to call it) in to the mold, load the primer (usually black powder which gets the 'shot' burning), and hit it with a striker (flint / wheel triggered from a distance) and "poof" a spot weld.

Exothermic welding is often used on high speed railroad rails for no other reason than it's high temp. The mold constrains the weld to the rail shape. Using a mold as opposed to other, more primitive, welding techniques means less 'finishing' is required to achieve a uniform profile on the joint and the higher temps produce thorough weld penetration of the joint and temper the adjoining steel to a consistant state, less likely to crack than if they were welded with even the best stick / wire feed welders.

We use it to provide structural and electrical bonds, often to 1/4" wall tubing and 1/4" thick copper buss bars and because of the mold, the materials we're welding survive the 3000+ degree temps - have to love the carbon molds... they let the metal melt and fuse, and conduct heat away fast enough, but not too fast, as well as physically constrain the metals so the materials don't warp.

In high-rise buildings, joints between vertical risers should have exothermically welded jumpers and/or splices to insure that a lightning strike to the building has an un-impeded path to / from ground.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by abecedarian]

[edit on 4/5/2009 by abecedarian]- grammar / spelling.

more spelling

[edit on 4/5/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mutant

Yeah Dr. Steven E. Jones just has a Phd in Physics and
I am sure you as the resident ATS expert have much more
vast field of experience in the field.

ATS is full of ppl that think they know more than ppl that have
worked in their fields for decades like jones.

These Disinfo agents are pathetic.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by daersoulkeeper
yawn, i stopped caring you can't prove things to people who don't want to know truth anymore these days. Hopelessly enslaved, i say if they want to be, let them. The truth is so easy to figure out, if they don't want to, so be it.

I know right? I wish Truthers would just shut up already, controlled demolition is obviously an abomination of the actual truth.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
I wish Truthers would just shut up already, controlled demolition is obviously an abomination of the actual truth.

Damned straight. Total abomination. Absolutely no evidence of any controlled demolition.

(disregard the news reports and police/fire references to "secondary explosions.")

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The mere fact we are dealing with nano sized particles is enough proof that advanced engineering is involved. This means there can only be a few sources of the material. It may also have a special "fingerprint" that is traceable. FBI, where are you? An immediate investigation is warranted !

Those equating the nano sized particles with that of paint chips should know better. It is like comparing a kid's toy rocket with a real shuttle.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I may be wrong, cause like I said, I'm just a housewife...but I think when he said iron wasn't an oxidizing metal, that what he MEANT - was not that it doesn't rust (form iron oxide on the surface) but that it does not give oxygen source to any combustible reaction.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by pteridine

Iron is not an "oxidizing metal." You are confused about the chemistry

Am I?

Fresh iron surfaces are lustrous and silvery-grey in color, but oxidise in air to form a red or brown coating of ferrous oxide or rust.

en.wikipedia.org...

'Nuff said.

Dear 'Nuff,
Iron forms oxides in air but is not considered to be an oxidizer, in the sense of the word.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

He has a PhD in physics, not chemistry. The paper shows that.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

It is the general consensus that the Shanksville plane was destined for DC; either the Whitehouse or the Capitol dome.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by CoffinFeeder

Read my previous post. Thermite is simply too hot to be used to weld common construction materials like steel, iron and corrugated metals because it would melt them instantly.

It simply burns at too high a temperature to be a useful welding medium. It might have limited use in welding heat-resistant compounds or fire-retardant materials used in skyscrapers but not ordinary steel and things like that.

Thermite is best suited to pyrotechnics and demolition.

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but no, this is not correct. Thermite is used for welding steel. Depending on the base used, it is also used for welding other metals too.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
These so called "Scientists" are, and have been "9/11 Truthers" since the very beginning. How does this allow for their work to be non-biased and completely, factually analytical in nature?

Also, to those who dismiss Thermite as a welding element for general steel, you need to realize that Thermite is not simply used as a Welding Medium, it is in fact used to create a Molten Metal of its own right which is poured between joints. It is not the same as your standard welding (i.e., involving Arcs), of which I believe many of you are under the impression when discussing such an issue. It is a common Welding Style used in the presence of Heavy Iron and Steel Sections of a structure.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I'm glad you posted that video as I saw it not too long ago. It's jam packed with witnesses, including firemen, who all attest to hearing multiple secondary explosions way lower than the impact site of the plane. They had helmets blown off their heads or were knocked back by the force of it. If you notice at around 7 minutes when they are showing the collapse of one of the towers, you can see a huge fireball partially obscured by the smoke the second it starts to fall. There is really no other explanation for that fireball and the multitude of witnesses to the many unexplained explosions other than to admit that explosives were planted in those buildings (like firefighters and police reported) and that they were used to bring those towers down. That's a great video compilation that I was going to post if no one else did.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

It is the general consensus that the Shanksville plane was destined for DC; either the Whitehouse or the Capitol dome.

The general consensus of who? My prediction indicators are probably different than yours. Unless Larry Silverstein had recently completed a lease-option deal that included a special terrorism rider, I don't think the White House or Capitol buildings were in any danger.

Also, the White House and Capitol buildings weren't highlighted in any of the Dancing Israeli's tourist/demolition maps. Not only that, but Odigo Paging didn't warn it's employees to stay away from these buildings and I doubt Dick Cheney would've risked messing up his office.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So I see a thread on some new evidence in the WTC case...

I open up the thread only to be bombarded by people going on about a topic they have little or no knowledge of what they're talking about,

and even making up facts as they go along to suit their arguments.

Jesus.

What is it about this topic that makes people so insanely stupid, and so eager to prove their viewpoint? I've never seen any other topic whereby people are so incapable of rational discussion. As silly as the idea may seem at first, it really does look like people ARE paid as disinfo agents to start arguments, and derail topics.
Yes, people act SO stupid in these threads, that is really does appear that way.

Anyway, my question is this -
I can't really find many or any examples of thermite welding being used for the actual construction of buildings. Even so, lets assume thermite welding was used in the construction of the WTC or for repairs.

Does the composition of these materials change over time, are they able to be dated?
Are we able to tell apart thermite which was used in construction 20 years ago, and thermite which was used a year ago?

How long has Metastable intermolecular composite ( Super thermite ) been in production?

Correct me in any of my points if i'm wrong. You see i LIKE to be wrong, it's a learning experience.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join