It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study claims 'highly engineered explosive' found in WTC rubbl

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I guess you didn't read the paper? It might help.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Lets see - you have 2 110 story buildings with aluminium exteriors, add
to that 2 767 airliners built mostly out of aluminium alloys. In addition
much of the steel was cut using thermal lances, which are torches made
of pipe filled with iron/aluminium rods and feed with pure O2. It is lit
with acetelyene torch to create heat of 7000 degrees capable of cutting
through any steel or concrete

A thermal lance or thermic lance or burning bar is a tool which burns iron in an oxygen rich environment (n.b., not thermite) to create very high temperatures for cutting. It consists of a long iron tube packed with iron rods, which are sometimes mixed with aluminum or magnesium rods which increase the heat output. One end of the tube is placed in a holder and oxygen is fed through the tube.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here are pictures of it being used at WTC site

www.motorsportsartist.com...

So you would expect to find aluminium and iron oxides at such a location

Plus there is no such thing as "super thermite" - it is a fantasy invented
by conspiracy loons . Thermite is mix of aluminium/iron oxide used
to weld large pieces of equipment (rairoad track, steel mill rollers, etc)
which are too big to welded by ordinary means.

Military uses it as incendiary and as destruction device - to seize up
breech blocks or traversing gears of artillery pieces which have to be
abandoned

It is NOT used by demolition contractors to demolish buildings - witness
episode of MYTHBUSTERS several hundred pounds on automobile
and lit it - did not burn all the way through a car body much less cut solid
columns...

url=http://]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVPnkxPNLZE[/url]d steel

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm completely dumbfounded by the amount of people who immediately accept the conclusion that this is just aluminum & paint chips.

This is an international study authored by nine people with pretty sound credentials (university professors etc.)

They obviously know the difference & did the appropriate tests.

But keep on believing what you believe. It's pretty clear that nothing will change you mind unless the whole thing goes mainstream.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtc_wtf

Scientists find active 'super-thermite' in WTC dust

rawstory.com

A team of nine scientists have unearthed startling data from dust gathered in the days and weeks after the World Trade Center towers collapsed on 9/11. They discovered that scattered throughout the dust samples were red and gray chips of 'active thermitic material', or an un-reacted pyrotechnic explosive.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Please Flag the News so that Max people could read it !!!!

Thanks in advance ....

[edit on 5-4-2009 by wtc_wtf]

if explosives are being implied couldn't explosives have been on the planes!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
if explosives are being implied couldn't explosives have been on the planes!!!

First of all I don't think the physics work that way. If the explosives were on the planes they would likely have blown up with the planes. I'm also pretty sure that the thermite would have to have been distributed all over the towers to bring them down.

Second, I doubt that it would have been possible for the terrorists to smuggle that amount of explosives onto the planes.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by MrVertigo]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i would like to say that i've been looking at this for a long time and if people can't see whats going on then i think i'ts time to stop trying to convince these so called "skeptics".There is no more time for this.My belief is that these people would'nt admit to this or anything else even if the gov't came out and admitted to everyone,which will never happen.I say stop waisting time trying to convince people who already have their minds made up.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by earthship35]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
by conspiracy loons .

That's the funniest thing I've heard yet from the kool-aide drinkers.

Yes, nanoenergenitics are fantasy folks. Nothing to see here, move along. Classic. [/sarcasm]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

by conspiracy loons .

Uh yes there is.

It's called THERMATE and it's a widely known pyrotechnic composition that is composed of the same materials that thermite is, but in addition, contains: sulfur and barium nitrate, both of which increase its thermal effect, create a far more distinct flame in burning and significantly reduce the ignition temperature.

About Thermate

When sulfur is added to thermite the result is called thermate. Other reaction enhancing
chemicals may also be added. Thermate is said to have superior steel cutting capabilities
compared with thermite

www.journalof911studies.com...

It's exclusively used for DESTRUCTIVE purposes (because of the high temperatures), such as the US military Incendiary Grenades: ordatamines.maic.jmu.edu...

Demolition companies also commonly use thermate as a "cutting charge" to cripple steel supports or concrete pillars:

Spectre Enterprises’s patent for a linear pyrotechnic cutting device shows a stack of charge
containers that are cylindrical with a slit nozzle in the wall parallel to the axis of the cylinder.
The cylinder height is much smaller than the diameter. The molten liquid is forced out of the
nozzle into contact with the steel object to be cut.

www.journalof911studies.com...

No one in their right mind would try and use this stuff that for welding steel or any other benign industrial purposes.

The presence of Thermate at the collapse of the WTCs is enough evidence on it's own to imply there were indeed deliberately placed destructive charges within the towers.

Thermite is mix of aluminium/iron oxide used
to weld large pieces of equipment (rairoad track, steel mill rollers, etc)
which are too big to welded by ordinary means.

Utter nonsense.

Too big? How on Earth is a railroad track too big for an ordinary MIG/Arc welder to adjoin together?

What kind of railroad tracks are you talking about? There's no rail gauge in the world bigger than 1.8m

Obviously you've never seen the size of some industrial welders.

[edit on 5/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The evidence is undeniable.

It is both hilarious and disturbing to see people so easily and eagerly rationalize away irrefutable evidence to fit their preconceived notions.

Do some research.
Do some reading.
Do some critical thinking.

The evidence that 9/11 was an inside is beyond conclusive proof.

The fact that people still pretend the official story is even remotely realistic or believable shows how ignorant and complacent people have become.

Santa Claus is NOT real.

The Official Story is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadboy

Originally posted by greenorbs
I have a related question...

Why would they take down WTC 7 with a controlled demolition?

If I remember correctly there were a lot of financial records in WTC 7 that many were probably glad to see disappear.

This reminds me of what a law professor "confessed" to us in class in 2003. He came to our school in 2002, retiring after 25 years from a white-shoe firm in New York City. The course was Secured Transactions, which deals with lending money and getting a security interest in collateral. The security interest is filed with a state, but not always. You can read more about secured transactions here.

Anyway, one day the prof is lecturing about the situation where stock certificates are used as collateral. He was talking about how in the U.S., a stock issue is noticed by CUSIP number. The CUSIP number idenitifes each stock issue. If you own stock, your statement from the brokerage will list the CUSIP number, and the amount of shares, etc. If you are holding the stock in your own name, then you would have to keep track of the CUSIP numbers, quantity, and other data.

Now, the professor is explaining how one goes about taking a security interest in stock, i.e. loan money to A, and take stock as collateral. The main thing is keep track of the CUSIP numbers for the stock. He explained how records of such secured transactions must not be lost, for it they are not filed with a state, and are lost, then the holder of the security interest would have no proof of what the collateral is, which defeats the security interest basically.

So get this: as he tells us this, he digresses to 9/11, and about the records of secured transactions that were lost when the towers came down. These secured transactions were private, and not filed with a state, so things were bad for the security holders, so he said.

And then things got weird: he tells us about he knew people who died in the towers. Then, he tells us about one of his clients: the Department of Defense. He explains how he did work for companies that were controlled by the DoD. Some work involved secured lending by the DoD companies to other companies. Some of the collateral was stock. He then tells us, as if he were confessing, that his client, a guy from the DoD, showed up in his office in the summer before 9/11, and insisted that he provide ALL the CUSIP numbers to ALL the stock that was put up as collateral, on one sheet of paper. He told us it was hard for his secretary to put all those numbers on one piece of paper, and that the DoD guy demanded just one sheet.

I don't know if that means anything, but thought I would share it. I would not be surprised if they knew an attack was coming, but doubt that they did a false flag.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by greenorbs]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by thedman

by conspiracy loons .

Uh yes there is.

It's called THERMATE and it's a widely known pyrotechnic composition that is composed of the same materials that thermite is, but in addition, contains: sulfur and barium nitrate, both of which increase its thermal effect, create a far more distinct flame in burning and significantly reduce the ignition temperature.

OK. So did these 'samples of super thermite' also contain sulfur and barium nitrate?

From the 'article':

They claim their analysis has uncovered "active thermitic material": a combination of elemental aluminum and iron oxide in form of thermite known as "nanostructured super-thermite."

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
So why exactly isn't this being shown to the courts or start a legal battle which if this report is true proves conclusively that 9/11 was an inside job?
Instead of just talking why does no one ever take action?..

Well first off, there are a few required things still missing to prosecute anyone. First is a suspect, we all are fairly certain of whom is behind it (or at least in the foreground); however, we do not have any evidence that would stand up in court specifically linking one or more people to this, all we have as far as the court is concerned is suspicion. Second, there is no motive established, again we can all speculate, but nothing I have seen would stand up in a court. But this is the most important thing I am getting out of this.

It would have surely been known that these "scientist" were examining these dust and dirt samples and it would also been known that there was a strong possibility that they would find something. So why did this happen? My guess is that it is a tactic to distract people from something else. Perhaps, too many people are coming forward with information on the banking bailouts and the powers that be need to refocus attention away from those sources. I could even see the powers that be making a sacrificial lamb out of the younger Bush.

Besides, no-one has done any sort of an investigation as of yet and there is plenty of existing evidence to warrant an investigation (the 911 commission was not an investigation, but more of a side show at a circus). I am certain that everyone here has seen the video loose change. Look at the building shake before it collapses, listen to the MSM people continuously stating they heard secondary explosions, they have professional witnesses (policemen and firemen) stating they heard explosions. And what about all of that missing gold that was stored under one of the buildings? They found one abandoned semi full of it which accounted for approximately 5% of the total, surely this would have warranted an investigation right?

There is an abundance of existing evidence to support an investigation, if they have ignored all of that, some of which screams out "foul", what makes anyone believe that this would prompt any sort of action, unless of course as I said earlier, it is a diversionary tactic to refocus public attention.

To be honest, I think they are finally starting to fear "us" (the nutcase conspiracy theorists as they refer to us). I think that they realize that our message is finally starting to get out. I said this long ago on this site and it looks as though I might have been right. Once the economy collapses, that finally might be the fuse that was needed to wake the public up. The bailouts, economy, stimulus measures, and taxation was too much for them to try to do all at once, they have accidentally awoken the bear from hibernation. Now "the conspiracy theorists" are starting to look a lot more credible and people are finally starting to listen to their message and this poses a problem for the powers that be. The next thing I predict you will see in this country is deliberate wedges being driven into society to divide the people. I would guess that this will manifest itself in some sort of race related manner and will be predictably efficient and allow them to continue for a while longer.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenorbs

I don't know if that means anything, but thought I would share it. I would not be surprised if they knew an attack was coming, but doubt that they did a false flag.

Above I wrote about my law professor "confessing" to seeming to have inside info about 9/11.

Here's some weird cartoons the law professor made about secured transactions...you tell me what he is saying:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/2121c6fe2ab9a49e.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/ce37fc4a222ab938.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/43be75ae9152ad3e.gif[/atsimg]

The strip here is too wide, but notice the bottom right panel about lawyers knowing too much. Very weird.

Uncropped strip images:
media.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-4-2009 by greenorbs]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
"Civilian uses
Thermite reactions have many uses. Thermite was originally used for repair welding in-place thick steel sections such as locomotive axle-frames where the repair can take place without removing the part from its installed location.

A thermite reaction, when used to purify the ores of some metals, is called the Thermite process.

When thermite is made using iron (III) oxide, for maximum efficiency it should contain, by mass, 25.3% aluminum and 74.7% iron oxide. ΔH = -851.5 kJ/mol

When thermite is made using iron (II,III) oxide, for maximum efficiency it should contain, by mass, 23.7% aluminium and 76.3% iron oxide. gram of thermite mixture.

Thermite should not be confused with a thermal lance. "
All about thermite

It seems much more likely , if this story is true, that this compound was used to spot repair the interior steel.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

OK. So did these 'samples of super thermite' also contain sulfur and barium nitrate?

Barium Nitrate is an oxidising metallic element similar to iron. You have to remember the composition of "Thermate" is not uniform, just like other destructive compounds like C-4/Semtex/RDX (which are all plastic explosives).

Hence different corporations who produce Thermate will use different substitutes, instead of Barium Nitrate, they might have substituted with another oxidising metal like Iron.

The results are still the same. It still produces intense temperatures capable of cutting through steel columns.

The lack of sulphur in the analysis can probably best be explained by the fact that it is a multivalent NON-METAL and most of it burns up in the initial ignition reaction.

It wouldn't surprise me any traces of sulphur were not found, elemental sulphur is simply soft, malleable rocks that would probably all burn up in intense heat, nowhere near as durable or persistent as metals such as iron or barium.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

"Civilian uses
Thermite reactions have many uses.

That's THERMITE.

We're talking about THERMATE, a completely different and far more potent compound used exclusively for destructive purposes.

You can't spot weld with a compound that burns at 3000C. It's higher than the melting point of steel, iron or even reinforced concrete.

Thermate is extensively used for demolition though.

[edit on 5/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Those who believe the official story, trusting souls, should be the first in line for the bird flu vaccine.

You think?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

ACtually I was posting that in refernce to the OP..

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Iron is not an "oxidizing metal." You are confused about the chemistry.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

OK. So the answer's no. Thanks. I would think if they actually found evidence of 'super thermite', they would've said what compounds they found that make it distinctive from standard thermite, which they didn't.

Also, did they happen to record the trail of possession of these 'samples of super thermite' back to the WTC site? Seems it'd be pretty simple to fake something like this, especially 7 1/2 years after the fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join