It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever feel an "evil" presence (especially in the dark)?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have felt a presence many times. I would not consider it evil. It is more like a pest. I feel a static electrical tingling sensation. The more I open myself up for it,the stronger it gets. I have learned how to get rid of it,and it has not been back since. Nice to know that I'm not the only one.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Anyone with a word of encouragement for the OP?
I had sleep paralysis frequently since I was about 20. Usually it came when my sleep schedule was disturbed. I did meditation (TM) sometimes even when I could not sleep. Around the age of 22, some sort of presence was circling me regularly so I was getting to be afraid of falling asleep. Around those times I was heavily into Castaneda, but when this thing came over me, I did not know if I was a boy or a girl... On top of it, it usually transmuted into a regular dream that was more intense and there was an element that frightened me. Like my dead grandpa introduced me in the other room to an "old friend" who had five eyes...
Anyway, based on Jung, I concluded there is something archetypal around it, and I thought shamanism was more ready to give me a detailed answer. So there was one crucial night when the same presence was entering my room - I saw the knob turn.
Then a Buddhist thought hit me, since I had been raised in a family with a lot of Tibetan Buddhist influence:
WE HAVE A COMMON ROOT with whatever it is. The Universe is basically ONE - and so are her creatures. There is nothing I should do against this being. As soon as I thought these thoughts through, a sphere of light came into the room and JUMPED INTO ME.
Well, I had not had that fear ever since! And I woke up more energetic than ever. The Sun was shining and there was absolute peace in the room...
On the other hand, if you feel a dark presence while you are awake, there are certainly methods you can work with. Prayer or mantras or casting a circle would do as a bandaid. If this happens regularly, why don't you try a method like NLP's Core Transformation to change it? It is pretty safe and it bypasses psychology. BTW, Jung would say you are fighting the Shadow... No matter what form it takes, aliens or demons or wild animals etc. an honest shaman would sooner or later decide to FACE IT. After all, you are the best qualified person ever to face your own shadow...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think that you may be overly sensitive. Lack of quality stimulation in your waking life? I find sleep paralysis to be uncomfortable, but not as intensely as you probably do. When it happens I just shake out of it and it goes away.

My fear of the dark stems more from a fear of bumping into things, than a fear of being encountered or attacked by an unknown entity. I've gone to the park late at night after the lights go out, and walked by other people, etc. It's very peaceful.

I don't drink coffee or take drugs or alcohol. I eat sugar sparingly and I get lots of water. I keep myself physically fit and I know martial arts. I also don't believe in ghosts or any sort of cryptozoology.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Virus...
Non sentience that plots to annihilate sentience, the smartest virus, a reality gone rogue

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have felt the evil presence in the dark for all of my life.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

Well, perhaps you have been spared. That's good for you (I am not saying that sarcastically).

But apparently it's a subjective thing... I just really don't think it's in our heads, and I don't think meds would solve the problem.

Don't get me wrong, cryptozoology does sound whack at first, but then again, check this out:

We are born here and we are taught what we are taught and we believe (most of us do at least) everything we see on the TV, what the authorities tell us, and etc. Is it really that strange to think outside the box?

There are labels for everything. Seems to me just an easy way to explain things.

For heavens sake, we have no IRON CLAD proof of why we are here or how we got here. All we have are theories.

Who's to say modern psychology is correct? That's not objective, it's subjective. They can't take a brain apart and know for sure why people have these mental illnesses and such. It's all theory. We do not know the brain that well! We haven't even decoded our DNA 100%. And as far as the psychology thing - most of it is from the person's own account. How can you substantiate something that way???

Same thing with sleep paralysis, I think. There is no way to prove that sleep paralysis is just sleep paralysis and nothing else.

Don't get me wrong. It's the same thing with ET's and Interdimensionals. But if ET's exist (There is proof out there), then that most definetly means that everything I have been saying COULD be true.

Archetypical beings have been around forever. I thought these things were just urban legend, but they have to come from somewhere. There is always some truth to a rumor.

Hope I made sense. I think my sentences may be out of sequence, and I apologize for that, for I edited it a little...

Peace.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The only time I;ve felt that is around negative, sick people like a lot of people in a prior workplace. If you are an outwardly happy person and have things going for you that attracts it like a magnet!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I quite often feel an evil presence stalking me in the middle of the night. Usually, it's just the cat though... :-)
In all seriousness, however, as a child I was terrified of the dark, and would have vivid nightmares. Happily that passed as I grew up; now in my late 30s about the only time I have nightmares is if I'm stressed out or have fallen asleep listening to coast to coast when they talk about ghosts, and especially shadow people.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I absolutely know what you are talking about.

I feel as though there is something in my closet all the time... And I know it sounds vaguely like something out of a childhood nightmare, but you know what they say: the folklore have roots in reality.

Sometimes I feel comfortable sleeping in my bed in the closed room, but sometimes I feel very conscious of another presence in the room, and it is an ambiguous presence. I have no idea if it's a good presence or an evil one.

Darkness isn't technically an attraction for spirits, spirits can come out in the day too, but darkness IS an attraction for demonic or otherworldly entities that use the night as cover or energy to feed on. I'm afraid maybe what you are feeling IS one of these entities.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

My brother told me of a similair experince. Our father passed away from cancer in 2004 well almost a year later we were all having family issues, and one night he said he woke up with his tv on but it was static...my brother never falls asleep with his tv on. and he too told me that he felt like someone was holding him down. He couldnt move but could blink his eyes. He said he felt a presence there and then he heard my fathers voice telling him how much he loved him, when my brother tried to turn his head to look in the direction of the voice **he too was on his stomache and his face was facing the wall** our dad told him not to look at him. He told him he was proud of him and would always be proud of him and to take care of me and our mom. he was 23 at the time and i was 19... I dont know what to think other then the fact that my brother had a visit from our father. But for you I think once you no longer fear opening your eyes after meditating and you no longer fear the evil presence in the dark I think things might work out for you... But I can understand where your coming from. I've been doing alot of research on underground bases and things of that nature and I felt an negative presence behind me.. so bad that I woke up my fiance LOL Lastnight I couldnt seem to bring myself to go into our dark bedroom **he fell asleep on the couch** so again I woke him LOL I know I wont be reading up on that for awhile Good luck to you!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I took my son to look out mountain to where the battle above the clouds had taken place. He was out looking at one of the cannons close to the tree line and I was about 20 foot away from him.

I started walking towards my son and the closer I got to where he was I felt this evil as I got nearer the feeling of evil was stronger. I don't know why but I felt it was focused on my son and what ever it was it was just inside the tree line in the shadows. Before I even got to the cannon I was yelling to my son to get over where I was. He couldn't understand why I was yelling when one I don't yell a lot at him and two he hadn't done anything wrong.

Whatever it was just seemed to be in that area since as we got further away from there the feeling got less strong until it wasn't there at all. I do know I'll never take my son back there again. I myself would go back to that spot because I didn't feel it was me it was interested in but him.

This happened in the morning in broad daylight. But then again whatever it was that was giving off that evil feeling kept to the shadows.

By the way my son was 8 at the time. Seems like these things have a thing about children.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by napayshni57]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thank you everyone so much for sharing your stories...
And for the advice.
Something is definetly out there, and everyone's stories in this thread seems to validate that.
I mean, our stories are slightly different, but the meat and potatoes are there... Creepy.
Some part of me just wants to talk smack to these things and taunt them, but I have a feeling I would be making it much worse...
Now, I hear about projecting love out to these things to get them away. I would have no problem with that, but it seems something blocks me from doing just that. It's a little more complex than what I just said.
It's weird... Damn it... I wish I could explain it better.
No problem...
Peace.

Edit to add: My avatar is the story of my life... That's why it is my album cover

[edit on 4/4/2009 by impaired]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
imp
have you tried to talk to God about this,sounds like to me you need to.
not gonna preach,just gonna say that call on the name of the Lord and he will protect you.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

We break down into two groups, those with experiences and those without, so with that in mind I would like you to consider an alternative explanation as to why you may be having these experiences and who they may be from.

I want you to consider that they could be "stepping stones" to a higher awareness of God, and that they are from God himself.

My life and the lives of those around me has been peppered with strange experiences, so much so, that I use to leave my light on, lose sleep and pray hard that I wouldn't feel or see things. But I now know things that I didn't know before and I really believe we are living in exciting times.

Just the mere fact, that you can sense "something" around you that seems like it is violating your private space is enough to put a person on edge. Now, add to it fthe element of darkness and a person can easily become petrified.

It's important to remember that God himself is Spirit and there has to
have been a pre-ordained way for physcial and meta-physical things to..... let's use the word communicate. Many people who have had Near Death Experiences say they have a body but most say it is made of a different essence; light. They also say their senses are all in tact; touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight. In fact, they claim the senses are heightened.

So you sensed something, or felt something sit or lie down on you and it scared you. You're actually not fearing the dark itself - but of the things that are unknown to you. The things you can't readily explain.

Did you know that the Bible clearly states that the "fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge?" And did you know that most of the wonderful, mystifying, miraculous things he did were do so under the cover of darkness?

So ask yourself - did what you experience freak you out enough to set you on a course to become more knowledgable about your experience? And could it be remotely possible, that God himself is working in the dark- trying to get your attention?

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
imp
have you tried to talk to God about this,sounds like to me you need to.
not gonna preach,just gonna say that call on the name of the Lord and he will protect you.

Hey HDH...
Well, my version of God is a little different. My version just Light, Love, and everything good. I tried. Nothing yet...

I even tried praying to God God, but nothing either...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Everything you said was dead-on, but forgive me for saying that I don't believe in the bible God... Not one bit.

It's a totally different topic, but that book has been tampered with throughout the years for one, #2 - OT and NT God are totally different with different intentions...

With #2 in mind, here is #3. Any "God" That kills as many people as he supposedly killed in the bible is no God to me. Especially when he killed (supposedly) for the most ridiculous reasons:

God burned to death an unknown number for complaining (Numbers 11:1)

God burned some to death for offering incense (Numbers 16:35)

That's just 2. I have plenty more .

I'm sorry. I TOTALLY 120% see your intentions and I graciously thank you for that, but like I said, any God who does things like that over BS is not something I want to pray to and ask for help (anymore at least).

I did most of my life and it still got me nowhere...

And I just did pray to that God recently just to see if it would work. Nothing...

So that's my stance on that. I hope I didn't offend, and if I did I am very sorry... I mean no harm.

Peace

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

imp
just keep on prayin and the answer will come,it might not look like it but it will

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Have you ever been in a darkened Christian church alone? Yikes. Why did I feel such evil presences there?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

You didn't offend me in the least. Like I said it is just an alternative explanation and I myself have had many experiences that are just mind boggling to say the least, and it took years and years to figure this stuff out.

In another post I read that your idea of God is light - and that is absolutely fantastic - because he is. Sometimes it's nice to know that you are so loved by this light - that it would go completely out of it's way, on more than one occassion attempting to let you know 'Hey, I'm really here."

I hope you gain the wisdom and understanding you seek.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
To imp , the old testament isn't really used anymore and a lot of the words tand metaphors they used is not literal god punishes yes he does but god gives to those who ask... but at the same time you can't ask and not believe I am christian I have family that is split between baptist / catholic and my father even practices buddism as long as you focus your thoughts on something positive those evils will not persist

Mnmcandies needs church on the real " I feel evil prescense all the time?" Dude start praying or meditating on positives

Imp I don't go by the bible I've read it but I go by my own personal belief that if you are good you don't lie cheaat or steal and you are a good hearted person you will go to heaven...well yyour spirit that is.

Everyone just stay positive

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join