It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever feel an "evil" presence (especially in the dark)?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Also id like to throw in this input...

The comparison to seeing and what your mind is seeing

We usually wake up when its morning and go to sleep at night but if you stay up from a period of at least 20 hours and to at the most 48 hours you can start to see things trust me its happened ... your brain sees images allday and your brain has to process them through sleepin usually but if you don't sleep your images can proscess while your awak and sometimes you might see things that aren't there and also in the dark your mind will play games with you and some things that appear to be scary in the dark are harmless in the light.

Like I said its all about perfection. But there's been instances where I've felt it in my spine something was there

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I know I have at least some psychic control seriously.... I've called certain events had dreams that become reality I forsee my future a lot and somethings change based on the life decisions I make. But yes your right about skitzos some skitzos might really be skitzos but some people might know how to use they're psyche to talk to spirits other dimensions and whatnot but have you ever seen that russel crowe movie I think mastermind? But he was skitzo but he was also one of the smartest people around so maybe what everyone has taught us to believe about voices in our heads and that makes us crazy and then you start thinking ok well what if I'm not and this is real these voices are psychic connections?

Invisible friend my ass those bruises are from something entirely different my brother had a twin that died and he had a imaginary friend and weird things like my brothers(deceased) toy train would start goin off randomly when I'm by myself or just my other brother j

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dallas87

I believe the movie is called A Beautiful Mind

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Haha my bad he was in master and commander too so I forgot ....yes a beautiful mind and thanks for re-minding me lol

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas87
I know I have at least some psychic control seriously.... I've called certain events had dreams that become reality I forsee my future a lot and somethings change based on the life decisions I make. But yes your right about skitzos some skitzos might really be skitzos but some people might know how to use they're psyche to talk to spirits other dimensions and whatnot but have you ever seen that russel crowe movie I think mastermind? But he was skitzo but he was also one of the smartest people around so maybe what everyone has taught us to believe about voices in our heads and that makes us crazy and then you start thinking ok well what if I'm not and this is real these voices are psychic connections?

Invisible friend my ass those bruises are from something entirely different my brother had a twin that died and he had a imaginary friend and weird things like my brothers(deceased) toy train would start goin off randomly when I'm by myself or just my other brother j

Sorry about your brother.

I think the movie you are talking about is A BEAUTIFUL MIND. I haven't seen it, but I heard about the plot. I have to see that, I've been wanting to. I like psychological movies like that. I just saw Donnie Darko and that was awesome (not on the same line as the Russel Crowe movie, but just as messed up, I'm sure).

Yeah, and it's funny how Western Medicine and Psychology does not acknowledge ANY sort of psychic phenomenon. It's all rubbish here. If you hear things, see things, are abducted by aliens, you are considered crazy and you need meds. I say funk dat!
Seriously, that's BS. Psychology and Psychiatry have been around for the better part of 100 years, give or take, and they think they got it all right (for the most part)... Funny how if you do research, most of it is all theoretical. Like how SSRI's work (antidepressants: Paxil, Prozac - hell, most psych meds). The so-called chemical imbalance that is supposedly the culprit for depression is only a theory. They have no idea how SSRI's work, and they barely even really work in the first place! Might as well give people placebos!
But yeah, I'm just saying that I think it's messed up how these experiences that some of us have have to be pawned off as "Mental Illnesses".
Don't get me wrong, some meds help some people and have changed their lives, but I don't think these meds should be taken long term, if at all.
We need to confront our fears. However that is done - I don't know yet.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Hey Steve... Very very true about that saying, "There is nothing to fear but fear itself". That is a great saying.
However, even with that great saying and logic, this fear I am talking about is still dormant.
I don't get it.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The dark, as a collective thing, I am not scared of... Certain places, bring out my fear.

I developed a fear of the dark about 2 years ago - and as a child was never scared or needed night lights. Then out of the blue (real life stress and nightmares) I woke up in the middle of the night terrified. I even went through a rough patch where I didn't sleep at night at all, but only in the day.

I've found - mostly because I've changed surroundings - that I am not scared, but uncomfortable in some places. At my parents home in Alberta, I need night lights. At my parents new home in British Columbia, I don't. Although my father has outfitted the entire house with enough night lights to light Central Park - they are not necessary.

The house in Alberta I think, has negative connotations with it, that bring out my fear. Especially the basement. Certain rooms in the basement make me extremely uncomfortable. My grandparents house in Souther BC makes me uncomfortable. My Aunt and Uncles house in BC makes me uncomfortable. My room on campus - doesn't.

I've come to the conclusion, that the energy in a particular setting is what bothers me. The "presence" I feel, would be energy.

- Carrot

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I've actaully have had something feel very very evil before. It's happened 2 times I believe or I can only remember two times. The first time I was sleeping only to be woken up just feeling something really really bad. I can't explain it other than the feeling of I need to get out of here so I ended up sleeping on the couch.

The second time I was sitting in front of the computer and this was years later I believe and I felt that same presence. I was talking to a buddy of mine who was in Iraq at the time and I just couldn't stand it anymore I had to get out of my room so I ended up sleeping on the couch again.

I think it's happened a few more times but not sure I just know a few times I woke up on the couch and don't remember how or why I got there.

I haven't felt that feeling for 6 years or longer. I can't explain the feeling other than it's a extreme feeling of danger and me telling myself I need to get out of here right now.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Impaired yeah its a beatiful mind I've seen it its good I mixed two movies together ... and about psychology its actually been around hundreds of years and medicine omg for psychological orders there's a pill for eveything ... xanax makes peoples zombies dosent make they're problems go away and all that other bull is a mask so americans with a disorder are more acceptable for the public when they should use conciling...

And the dude from canada your a long way from texas bro but I understand exactly whatchu mean... I can be at my grandmas and I'm fine crosses everywhere ill be at my homies in east dallas and at night I feel like I'm watched my dads I'm cool my moms old house and my childhood home helll nah its in port aurthur down by the bayous ...there's some cajun voodoo spirits down there bro no bull I believe in that # wild and bad # always happend there and right before my mom sold it the family argued a nd fought all the time now were out and we have the best relationships

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
You know what makes that feeling of impending doom even worse?

Creaks at night time. My computer desk always goes off making loud creaks at night time. I dont know if its because my ears adjust to complete silence and I can hear them better or there are certain things out there trying to trip me out. Nevertheless I dont think my physical body has ever been attacked by anything, although I have had some unexplained cuts.

Cant say the same thing about my astral body though. Sleep paralysis can be extremely painful and disorienting sometimes

[edit on 4-4-2009 by stevedel0]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
hey well i have seen a ghost it is called a shadow ghost or man.
when i saw it i was frozen in fear not able to move i thought i was alone until i googled what i saw. I was definatly not alone heaps of people saw the same thing. Since then ive had a fear of the dark, i can still go in the dark but i am always scared.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Yeah in my old house in port aurthur id go to sleep fine and one mornin I woke up and my mom said what happend to your face and I had scratches across my sheek like I was attacked ...I'm like wtf it wasn't like ok I'm subconciously intching and I scratched the sheet outta myself ... I believe in good spirits and bad ones and steve I also belive in the heavy footed ones holy # the attick creeks are the scariest like boom boom boom and somethings up there sounds I used to pray all night sometimes

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I was always afraid of the dark when I was a kid, wouldn't even go into darkend rooms, and for some reason, just taking a torch or something, wouldn't help, It'd have to be a light that covered most of the room before I felt comfortable.

I don't know whether it is a deeply ingrained fear like those who espouse Darwinism contend, or more a 'dr who' explaination, that there is a monster we comprehend but have never met/or can't remember in the darkness.

Personally, I'm more of the latter, I have myself suffered from night terrors and sleep paralysis for almost all of my life until I converted to religion. Still didn't exactly stop the unbearable fear, until I became really interested in faeries and their lore.

Sleep with a steel bar and some salt near the bed now, and now I get NOTHING, absoultely no terror, no visions, nothing, and its so weird, that it can stop it so abruptly, for a while I couldn't sleep because it was such a change.

I'm of the opinion that they are either amongst us (changelings?) and are in positions to influence human thought so they can carry on doing what they've always done, or that we are inherently wrong - either way its the same, we discount it when people say "daemon" or "fairy" because they are folklore, but these days "aliens" seem to translate as "vampire/daemon/faerie/shadow people/monsters in the dark" to me. Same name, different era. They don't change, only what we call them, and still we don't believe in them, even though we ALWAYS come up with a word to describe these watchers in the dark. Why would EVERY culture, and EVERY era have a word or name for something that doesn't exist? Surely science and belief would have made it non-existant by now?

Ok, you could say why do we still believe in God when science can supposedly prove his nonexistance, but, well...

No definitely believe these things exist, and its we that don't give them credit, they have always been here, we just discount them because we can't comprehend what they want, and we categorise them into one or another, when really, they are always here, just the name changes, or their modus operandi.

Seriously, try the salt and iron, whats to loose? A few $$$$ if you don't have a nail and some table salt handy. Older generations that DIDNT rely on science for answers, who had to find out their own cures, know a damn site more than we give them credit for.

F.e. they found that garlic has a chemical that has thinning effects on blood, amongst other things, so if vampires exist, and blood is their food, why would you ADD something to a food that dilutes it and makes you weak? Ergo, you avoid garlic. I've often wondered whether vampires died out in latter years because we USE garlic, and more and more people use warfarin and blood thinners now than before. And maybe why the blood banks always need more blood? Who knows, I can't donate so I'll never find out if they slurp my juice like a popsickle.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Have any of you who also have experienced this ever visit the site Truthism.com...It is a VERY long read,, But worth it..
I have also felt something... I will be 26,, and still don't like the dark...
I laugh at myself..

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WwUdNoW
Have any of you who also have experienced this ever visit the site Truthism.com...It is a VERY long read,, But worth it..
I have also felt something... I will be 26,, and still don't like the dark...
I laugh at myself..

Thank you very much for the link, WwUdNoW. This is exactly what page I am on!
Peace.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I too, have a fear in the dark, but only sometimes. I usually dont think about putting on lights in the dark, but sometimes, when walking in the dark of the late night house, I will feel a presence right beside me. I was never scared of the dark, never had experienced some tramatic event, to make me afraid.

Im a big guy, have no fear except in large crowds ( i feel peoples intentions or emotions and it can be overwelming)

When I was small, 4 or 5, I had a nightmare where I stood up on my bed to look out the window (lived on second floor of apartment building) and it was dark, but across from the little court yard, was another building like mine but opposite (the two backs facing eachother) In this dream, my eyes are scanning the darkness, and coming around the corner, and lurking against the building is a creature. This creature just follows the length of the building. Then all of a sudden it stops, and turns to look right at me. Its eyes glow red, and I am frozen in place. i always wake up at this point.
Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I still to this day have this nightmare. I get it every 12-14 months or so. I am no longer afraid when I wake up, and in fact try to go back to sleep to get a better look at the creature, to no avail though.

Could this be related to my fear of the dark? Something must cause this dreammare. Just wanted to share the story. Maybe someone has had something similar.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ok guys, this one is courtesy of WwUdNoW. I got this from www.truthism.com and I almost fell of of my seat. Let me try for my first external link:

Sleep Paralysis and the Fourth Dimension
When your mind wakes up from sleep quicker than your physical body, and you feel someone pushing down on you or "watching" you, it is a Reptilian (or other kind of alien) in the fourth dimension.

If your mind wakes up quicker than your body, then your mind cannot exist in the third dimension because your third-dimensional human body is still asleep. Thus, your mind switches to the fourth dimension and is able to experience fourth-dimensional reality.

Right now, we are in the third dimension. And, when we die here, we go to the fourth dimension (the astral world). The fourth dimension feels just as "real" as this, but the rules (Darkness's rules) are considerably different over there:

"The astral world is a 'place' where beings reside when they are not in the physical. The physical world is a 'place' where the same type of beings reside when they are not in the astral. The astral world is a complex place full of subtle entrapments just like the situation here in this physical world. In one sense it is far more deceptive than the physical dimension" (Amitakh Stanford, "The Spirit World").

Along with humans, the Reptilians also exist in both dimensions.

That was easier than I thought. And here is the picture that is right next to the text (get ready)!!!

I know I am jumping right into the Reptillian thing here, but damn it. Sometimes truth can be stranger than fiction.

Please read the entire thing at Truthism.com

Once again, thank to WwUdNoW for the link to Truthism.com.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
You're just making yourself scared and are probably slightly schizophrenic, go see a doctor.

Edit: And by the way there is a lot of scientific proof to back up sleep paralysis, it's not because of the imaginary hag that's hovering over your bed or laying on top of you.

[edit on 4/4/2009 by Masisoar]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have always had paranormal expereinces anywhere that I am. I have done some research, but can't remember now, where i found the information, but it said that entities have tendencies to attach themselves to people or objects, so if this entity has done that with you, that may be why there is always the feeling of fear or an evil presence.
I am a college student currently, and live on campus, which is 1 hour and a half away from my house. My mom called today and my brother said that he could've swore that I was home last night because he heard me coughing in my room at about 1 or 2 am last night. he walked by and saw that there was something there that he truely though i was there. he thought it was strange because he didn't see my car outside when he came in. I most deffinitely wasn't there though, which kind of scares me because there was something in my bed at home, and it is mimicking what i am doing up here at college. I woke up about 1 or 2 am last night and coughed a few times, because my room is extremely dry, and my throat gets really dry when i am sleeping. That's really weird to me because my mom said it looked like someone had been in my bed as well this morning because the sheets were dissheveled, more so than when the cat gets on my bed during the day.
I could go on all day about different experiences but that is one that is kind of strange to me. Good luck with your situation.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

I don't hear voices.
And just for the record, I don't think a pill is the cure.
Nor is talking to people (psychologists especially) who only know what they've been taught. Textbook doctors... No experience in the real world.
I'd rather talk to someone who has been through this.
I have my beliefs.
Thanks anyway.
(And by the way, all I have ever been diagnosed with was ADD, anxiety and depression). I failed the schitzo test.

Peace.

Edit to add: And I have seen plenty of doctors throughout my years. All they say is that I have ADD, anxiety and depression. Then they would write me a script.
Tried the med thing. Doesn't work! Actually, it either doesn't work, or it makes it worse. And who knows about the long-term damage from these SSRI's and Neuroleptics! These meds are tested for a few years and once the FDA approves, they're out there for us to use. These things haven't been tested on a life-time scale. Don't even get me started.
I'm sorry, but I just don't think psych meds are the answer! Some EXTREME cases, perhaps.
I mean, these meds are just masking the problem. I'd rather confront these things head on and nip it at the bud than mask my life away.
I gotta say this. I think science is more wrong than right.

[edit on 4/4/2009 by impaired]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join