It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever feel an "evil" presence (especially in the dark)?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I like the dark.Night time is my world.I do feel the presence of aliens when i am out side at night.They are always watching me Inside and out.I sometimes feel the presence of spirits.Just try to stand out side at night whens its very quite and with a strong warm breeze in your face.The wind is your freind.Feel the earth breath.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Only when my mother in law was in the house.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by impaired

I do not think one gets sent to Hell for a few crimes. Its how you lived your life as a whole. Which side of the balance is up and which is down, you know? Or it could be based on the very last deed you do while alive. Or maybe child molesters and serial killers and W get to chill with us in the afterlife. HAH now that I think about it if there is no God or Hell then we have free reign to do whatever we want to whoever we want. So how about it? Lets enjoy life! No thanks I will take my chances and be a fool in heaven than ignorant and in Hell. As far as the OPs fear do not worry I sleep with lights on. Too much evil and too many morons without a conscience running around for me to sleep peacefully in the dark. And I never sleep more than 3 hours straight. I take 3 naps everynite with a 30 min break between each nap. Could be caffiene also. Or past drug abuse. Melatonin works wonders though.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've had that feeling about the dark for a long time. I've had instances where even my cat reacted to what I was experiencing. The scariest thing I ever had happen was a daylight attack. It was like fifteen years ago, I woke up and got a drink of water then laid back down. Back then I had a water bed and I was laying on my left side when I felt someone moving from behind me. I was alone in my room at the time. I felt her hair brush over my shoulder and then a pair of hands pinned me by the wrist. The whole time my brain was screaming at me to do something, but I couldn't. Now the part that will make eye's roll is what I did next. I reached inside myself and released a psychic attack, with that I was finally able to move my arms and open my eyes. I received way to much stimuli too have been asleep and I was analyzing everything in a near panic. Now I lived there from 94-95. Eight years ago I moved back in to the same place just different room.
My family owns the place and I'm not the only person to have things happen here. Odd thing is sometimes I sense a evil presence here, my ex claimed to get the feeling something in the place didn't like her and she had quite a sensitivity to spirits. Other times I sense a more timid presence.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I am generally very uncomfortable in the dark. Even though I rationalize that dark is but the absence of light. I still usually get an errie feeling like something is behind me. Falling asleep and staying asleep is where I have problems. When I start to relax after my eyes have been closed a little while, I sometimes get this tingling sensation usually on my face and sometimes the top of my head. So I often look like I am swatting away flies when I get this strange sensation. On 2 occasions so far, these were very recent. I awoke abrutly as if I was having a nightmare, but I don't remember dreaming. One time I looked out of the bedroom door. The fish tank light was on in the living room so there was faint light coming in the room. I saw a strange black smoke coming in through the door. It didn't really look like smoke. The effect was more like if you drop black ink in a glass of water, it moved and spread around but not upward like smoke would. By the time I woke my spouce, it had gone. The second time I awoke abruptly, on another night, soon after. I looked up and again I saw something dark grey, going on black. It was above my chest about 30 cm (12 inches) above my heart area. It was shaped like when you look at fireworks that are beginning to fall to earth, sort of like the effect of rain drops gliding down a window pane. Just strange. When I awake I awake terrified, even before I see this.

I heard of reptilian entities that suck out people's energy while they sleep. They supposedly operate out of visual range. I just thought these stories could have something to them after all.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It's in your DNA to be afraid of the dark. Why? Because over the past thousands of years, thats when you've been hunted. I have a unique optical defect which allows me better vision in low light and darkness than most. Excess rhodospin isn't all its cracked up to be. I have to wear sunglasses almost all the time. Headlights kill me.

But night is associated with evil. With bad things. Always has been. Your body and your mind may percieve things you don't notice. Listen to your gut, your fight or flight response should be paid attention to. Your intellect can overcome it, but it often shouldn't.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Imo it's all in your mind, considering what dreams can feel, taste, smell, hear and how real your mind can make it look.

Haven't really encountered anything unusual myself but I don't believe in much either.

Can think of 2 things that feels pretty evil though. Waking up in the middle of the night still half dreaming with cramps in your legs, that's half trippy.

Sometimes when I try to sleep, right after closing my eyes a sudden flash surges through my body and it feels like I'm falling down from something, short and very vivid but after it's just like "moar snoooze, less evil spirits" and sleepy time it is.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I feel most uncomfortable in the dark when there is light such as a flashlight, or a booklight or even a bonfire. When I am in complete darkness, I am totally fine. It's when there is light that I feel as if evil is lurking outside the light and waiting in the darkness.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

good idea, have a prayer group pray for you
bad idea, seek seers and boards and stuff that will only make it worse.
i would imagine these things are all around all of us constantly like a roaring lion, seeking to devour..
scary thought but any awarness should be proof enough the other side exists and an opportunity to
see the truth.
hummm..one of my best examples that happened was in the early morning..I felt this horrible presence
and began to panic..later, one hour or one day???? a girl was killed in a wreck just up the road..that made
me think though there may have been no connection. It need not happen in the darkness..it IS the
darkness. Think I read somewhere not so long ago..lady's spiritual eyes were opened and she saw these
beings ( demons ) peering in through the church window(s)? during the church service. ..so no, it's not
all in your head despite any mental disorder..but God does have the power to keep them at bay or from
doing their will..less we give them free reign ..now I'm not up on these matters so don't quote me okay?
It's just these things have been around for a very long time..recall the story in the bible when evil
spirits ( LIKE FROGS ) were cast out. If you believe it, then these entities are easily
identified. If not, you will seek answers elsewhere. It's the individuals choice.
I have a great deal to learn myself.
www.openbible.info...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
in my dream i felt an evil presence in my dream during sleep paralysis there was a black figure with me in that specific dream, the first time i actually saw that black figure and in only 19...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
I have had weird experiences with what some would call sleep paralysis, but I think there was more than that.

I think near enough the whole of your post listed symptoms of sleep paralysis; hallucinations, panic and a sense of danger. I have experienced something similar to your being held down, it happens in dreams where im dreaming but im still in the same room and in bed. Or am I dreaming? Dun Dun Duh. Seems like maybe you just have difficulty differentiating.

I like the image of your mum destroying the hand. You have any worries and she makes a cast of it and then proceeds to destroy it infront of you. Wish my mum would do that. I'd get her to destroy a cast of the neighbours cat who always perches on a tiny railing at night, so it looks like its floating and then it gives me sinister stares through the window. I've complained to the neighbours but apparently, 'he does what he wants.'

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Erekose

Cats can look scary sometimes but if you know it is on a railing and not really floating why worry? Let the poor animal enjoy it's short life.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
When I first became pregnant with my daughter I felt a dark presence hovering over my stomach. I never felt anything like it before the pregnancy. I kept getting this feeling like it was looking at my stomach, so I would place my hand on my stomach in an attempt to keep my child safe. The feeling would come and go but always I would feel it wasnt after me. It would leave me feeling breathless with fear. My mother told me it was my protective instincts kicking in. But to me it felt like it was more than that. Well its been almost two months since I had my daughter. And its still there only its gotten worse. I was laying in my bed with my daughter sleeping next to me, when I felt it again looking at her. I was instantly filled with fear and the instinct to protect my daughter. So again I placed my hand over her and thought " u cant have her, u can have me but not her." Almost instantly afterward I sensed the presence wasnt looming over us. But felt a deep rage fill my body, I could not explain where the anger came from. Knowing that there was no reason for me to be mad, I controlled the emotion. And the presence didnt come back for the rest of the night.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
i think its all in your mind.

i can sit in the dark for a while but then i start to imagine these horrible creatures staring at me and grabbing me.

of course i cant see, hear, smell or feel them but i "imagine hearing, smelling and feeling" them and thats what makes me turn on the lights.

i believe you're your worst enemy, and in the dark thats all there is, just YOU.

you know exactly what scares you, your weaknesses and limits, the things that make your skin crawl.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yes next to me in bed every night. It's called my boyfriend ....

Wait did I say that out loud?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
My whole life, there have been times when I get the crawling sensation up my spine, the feeling you are being watched. It usually happens in the dark, when I have to walk from room to room or up the stairs or whatever. It doesn't usually happen when I am lying in bed, but it has happened a couple of times while I've been in bed.

Each time I get that feeling and I look to see if there is actually something behind me, I actually do see something. It's almost like an afterimage, like I was staring at a light too long. It has always looked the same, like the classic artistic paintings of demons from the renaissance. I know it must all be in my head, like a kind of hysterics, but it is disturbing nonetheless.

I say a little prayer and imagine myself clothed in "the armor of the lord" and usually the sensation will go away.

Like I said, I believe this is all in my head....but it doesn't make it any less distressing when it happens...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hello,

About sleep paralysis and the evil presence:

I dont know why you all are feared about this "evil" "demonic" presence. It has been there, always.
The only thing that is different, is your mind waking up before your body, experiencing this sleep
paralysis.
If you forget all what you know about Demons, Evil, Satan and such things, while in this sleep paralysis state,
you will see, that it wont do anything to you. Its only a Feeling of fear.
When you can calm down your mind to the state where you can enjoy this sleep paralysis, you would
soon start to feel vibrations in your body, (or in a part of it).
With this vibrations you could consciously send your astral body to anywhere you want.

If you dont want to experience it, to get out of the sleep paralysis, rapidly open/close your eyes and/or change
your breathing to a faster one.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

John 8:12 - Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

I think that's a great verse for this thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This thread is extremely long now; I haven't read the whole thing, as it's too time-consuming. I do want to add one thing though, something that HOMBRE had added to the convo. Wherever he received the information about the "sleep paralysis", and how it can be turned into a very pleasurable experience is true. I found this out myself, first-hand. I had three negative experiences with sleep paralysis before I discovered that it can be turned into whatever you want it to be, based on what you think of when you are in that state. I wish I knew how to bring HOMBRE's quote here so that I can remember all of what he said. He was dead-on point though. The only thing I wasn't sure of was at the end where he said that you can wake yourself up by blinking very fast or increasing your breathing rate. That is probably true also. Once you start experiencing this dream state, where your body is still asleep, but not your mind, you can actively think of anything and start dreaming about it, with the dreams being a lot more vivid than actual dreaming. The best part of it is that you are completely conscious and know what you are doing, and can think of absolutely anything you want!

I was in prison when I figured this out - in solitary confinement. I can't remember exactly now how I figured it out, but with the knowledge of how to control the paralysis also came HOW to make it happen. It happens right after you have been to sleep, wake up and are trying to go back to sleep again. At that time, you can "catch" yourself falling asleep right at the time where your body is asleep before your mind. It is a very small time-frame. You can feel it happen though, it's a deeply relaxing feeling that happens, and your body feels weighted down. At that time, you can test it by trying to move your fingers of your hand, or trying to move your hand up, if you feel the resistance, then you know you are in that time-frame. This is always a great and exciting feeling for me (now). Guess what I was thinking about? Mind you, I was in prison, had been for 6 years already when I found this trick out. In solitary confinement, with only old Curves Magazines to keep me company. Those women in the mags definitely came to life in these dreams, tell you what.

The thing about it is that as soon as you start thinking of things that you want in your dream, you actually fall asleep totally (at least I think so), and you are free to move however you want. But you are still under the realization that you are dreaming, and that you control everything in it now! That's the best I can explain it. It's freakin awesome.

The only problem I wonder now is if this thing I've stumbled upon is evil or not. I have no idea. I'm glad to hear someone else talk about it though, so I have a little relief that I'm not the only one that can do it. I'm going to do some research on that now.

I'm probably never going to visit this page again, as I am not really one that blogs or does forums like this. I just wanted to share my opinion, which I haven't been able to share with anyone yet because I thought it was too weird to mention to anyone.
edit on 1-3-2015 by BEAST32 because: I noticed the word "window" was omitted from my original post when I reviewed it. I went in just now and changed that word to another word that I suppose will be more appropriate to your rules.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
does an SP experience count? If so, i've felt a dark and evil presence on both two times i had SP, something that jumped on my back while i was laying on my stomach but i was awake i'm sure of it. i've never felt so scared and in panic then in those 2 times.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join