It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever feel an "evil" presence (especially in the dark)?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
"i do believe the bible just not all of it because the bible was written ages ago and times have changed ...its outdated. now in 2009 ad we have many different veiws about the bible but one thing is sure call upon the name of the lord and he will help you ward off evil just belive in the light and the dark will subside"

****We can't pick and choose from God's Holy Word what WE WANT because WE think its true or not true. The entire King James Version is literal, true and up to date more accurately than tomorrows newspapers literally. the Bible is more up to date than any science manuel or current religious doctrine. the prophesies are coming true right before our eyes. You can call on the Name of Jesus but you must first believe in his word or he WILL NOT HEAR YOU.

www.tangle.com...

Matthew Chapter 7

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
i have two bibles 1 king james and one super old one my great grandma gave me i do believe the word but ...

do you believe that just because a person is islamic or buhddist and live very good lives and dont harm anyone or kill or cheat are gunna go to hell just because they believe in the same god but different prophets and messiah that they are goin to hell personally i dont i think thats horrible that god would send millions of souls to hell because they were born into islam or buddism and thats all they know i mean theres still jungle people in south america that dont even know about civilization or god. they havent had the chance to learn , are they going to hell? id hope gods nicer than that and i do belive he looks at other cultures and deeds good people a pass to heaven. he is a good god a caring god and a loving god .... as the bible says come how you are right? and if he does send those people to hell theyre the evil spirits we feel that are pissed off they didnt get to go and are stuck on this bitch of a place called earth

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
"do you believe that just because a person is islamic or buhddist and live very good lives and dont harm anyone or kill or cheat are gunna go to hell just because they believe in the same god but different prophets and messiah that they are goin to hell"

*****Yes they will. God would not give one group a set of rules and another culture another whole set of rules. God has set forth one set and man has nothing to say about it. We didn't create the universe and we have not and will never create life. We can't even destroy anything much less create anything. We just change the shape or chemical composition by burning or adding another created element.

"personally i dont i think thats horrible that god would send millions of souls to hell because they were born into islam or buddism and thats all they know i mean theres still jungle people in south america that dont even know about civilization or god. they havent had the chance to learn"

*****We don't know that they never had the chance to learn. When the last person has been given the gospel in any language the end times will begin. God doesn't send millions of souls to hell, they send themselves by the choices they make.

"are they going to hell? id hope gods nicer than that and i do belive he looks at other cultures and deeds good people a pass to heaven. he is a good god a caring god and a loving god"

****This is the foundation of the New Age Religion and will deceive many. God, Jesus Christ in human form has set the rules and he will not go against truth or his promises. to do otherwise would make God a liar. The Mormons believe that they will inherit their own PLANET when they die? No way! this is their core belief. So, if I become a mormon that means that I will have my planet to rule over. The Christian Belief is different, the Buddist believe that they will return over and over.....the Islamic fundies, believe its okay to commit suicide bombings, the Baptist are now slipping away into the occult and new Age Religion, that Jesus is not the only way.......Satan is running rampant and fulfulling prophesy by the apostasy of the church which is now happening in droves. He is a good God, caring God with a set of unchanging laws. He says vengence is mine, he is a jealous God but not in the way we look as being jealous, he has many characterics like us or we have many like him who created us in his image. good works WILL NOT get you or me into heaven and for many reasons.

.... as the bible says come how you are right? and if he does send those people to hell theyre the evil spirits we feel that are pissed off they didnt get to go and are stuck on this bitch of a place called earth

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Firstly God is opposed to religion and its structures. True christianity is a lifestyle, a relationship with our creator.

Secondly, I personally dont think its God's intension to send anyone to hell. We are his creation, he loves us all - even those who dont believe. However, we have been given the freedom of choice and will have to face the consequences of our beliefs and desicions.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hey....I apologize I certainly don't have much advice because I have not had to live with this kind of trouble but I have experienced it, while around others (or in homes of those) who have spirits attached to them or something going on.
My weirdest story:
...my mom has a friend in a city we travel through frequently. Her friend has had some messed up stuff going on ever since i met her as a child. She seems very 'opressed', and eventually came down with MS and lupus, her son lost his mind (he was the sweetest, nicest and smartest person too, it was completely unimaginable...). Anyway, she gave my mom her spare key for her apartment so we could use it any time we needed a place to stay in the City in case she wasn't there.
Twice we stayed in her apartments (she had moved to a new one the next time I stayed)
The first place - the moment I walked in, I felt a sickening, raw debilitating, head-buzzing exhaustion unlike anything I've ever experienced before. I couldn't tell if I was sick, or what was happening. I had a bath, and went to sleep in the main bedroom there (the lady's room, she was away visiting family and said we could use her bed)
I never fell asleep. I went into this weird lucid state. I could hear my mom and somehow could see everything that she was doing in the kitchen and living room (it was only 6pm ish, she was still up.) I was able to confirm these things with her afterwards.

Two spirits, for a very very long time, accompanied me in the room. One was a male that kept changing to look like my mom's friend's son. The other was a very thin, petite looking brown haired female but absolutely was not human. The male kept pacing back and forth at the foot of the bed and never took his eyes off me. The female wandered around awhile, tried to talk to me. Eventually she got right up onto my stomach/chest area and sat crossed legged with her hands on each of my shoulders and started demanding that I talk to her. I started feeling less in control of myself and more dreamlike, and eventually lost all fear and went into a conversation that seemed very casual and natural, totally forgetting just how freaking terrible this stuff was....she asked me a lot of questions and was right in my face the whole time. She was very domineering.
I started to 'come-to' a bit, and realized this was completely effed up and I wanted her to go away. The entire time, the male continued to pace around, watching me (or us I guess now). I freaked and tried to move, get up, but I was in sleep paralysis, though it certainly didn't feel like sleep other than when I was actually conversing with her in some strange state I guess.
I couldn't move and she just started laughing at me. She looked very elfish, young but there was something cruel in her face.
Anyway, she disappeared suddenly, and I whipped myself out of the bed and into the living room feeling just as clear in my head, like no transition had been made from sleep to wake. My mom was exactly where I had 'seen' her somehow remotely (even simultaneously during the events in the room) doing exactly the same things I 'saw'. So weird. I felt even more tired....
I went back to bed later, sleeping in a different room lol.....
The whole night I could not sleep despite my exhaustion, kept hearing banging and multiple voices from 'upstairs', and whenever I would finally drift off, I would wake suddenly to a man screaming horrendously, at the top of his lungs, directly into my ear. (Next day, I remembered, in the stairwell as I noticed where the stairs ended, that this apartment was on the top floor....)
I finally gave up and went to sleep in the double bed with my mom haha....
There was a weird light on the ceiling for about five minutes after I got in there and I could find no source for it....just when I chose to close my eyes and go to sleep, my mother rolled over and said "This place gives me the creeps..." Which she doesn't remember at all or remember even thinking.
Anyway, I'm outta spac

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
OK I was going to leave it at that experience cuz that was freaking long, but I do really want to describe the other one that happened at my mom's friends newer apartment that I stayed in just a few months ago. We had to go back to that city for my appointment, and I thought, ok it's a new apartment, it'll probably be much better there than her old one...
I got there. Same # feeling hit me...sick, weak, buzzy, depressed, wretched....

I decided I should again take a bath, to see if I would feel better. I got in this tub, and realized there was no plug and that the knob was jammed somehow so that you could take showers, but not run bath water normally. I was too weak to shower so I found a washcloth, stuffed it in the drain, and let the shower run to fill the tub.
When it finally got deep enough I got in and was soooo freaking happy that I'd be able to relax in the tub. I then felt something tickle me, ahem...kind of around my hip, top of my bum.....I thought maybe my hair tie or something fell in the water........I reached down and felt something really odd, and kinda...crispy....
I was like....ummm.....weird.....
I started to move around so I could make it swirl around me in the water so I could see it....then I noticed more objects in the water around my legs and feet. Some were stuck under my butt...
I didn't have my glasses on cuz they just fog up in the bath......I have horrid vision anyhow. I grabbed my glasses and dipped them in the water so they'd clear, and then put them on.
There were F***ing SPIDERS all around me in the bathtub. Some were alive, some were dead...they were ALL huge.....
It was the most disturbing, infuriating, creepy, disgusting thing...I'm a serious arachnophobic......

I figured out later, it was probably because nobody has ever taken a bath in there for a long time because of the shower being jammed. There were jets built into the tub. The bugs probably lived in there and never got washed out, but when I filled the tub, that did it. And I got to be in the middle of it.

So it's nothing paranormal, but why does # like this decide to happen at this woman's place of all places....really....
So anyway, I heard a lot of noises in that place, and continued to feel really messed up physically, but nothing at all as vivid or freaky as the other place. I smelled rotting flesh or something in some parts of the apartment which was really unsettling.
And like the other place, I felt right back to normal health and mental functioning as soon as we packed up and left.

After this I told mom, I don't care if we need to go broke for a hotel room, there is no way in hell I will ever go back to that woman's place to stay the night, ever again.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hey, impaired, I'm sincerely sorry you've been so harassed. I won't bore you with my stories, but I've had similar experiences my whole life even though I've been a professing Christian most of that time. I had them as a child and well into adulthood. I highly recommend you read some of Neil T. Anderson's books, such as Walking Through the Darkness, The Bondage Breaker, and Winning Spiritual Warfare. Or go to his website (ficm.org) for more information on his work. He's the leading expert on spiritual warfare in the Christian community, and he doesn't scratch the surface, he gets down to the nitty-gritty and addresses specific problems such as yours. His books changed my life.

And don't give up on prayer. Prayer is not a "spell". If you don't mind, I will be praying for you also. God may be trying to get your attention, but I don't believe it's He who is harassing you. He may just be allowing it to happen.

Best to you,
Judy

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
What keeps me leaving my TV on before I fall asleep are what are 'apparently' so-called: "hypnagogic-hallucinations," yet similarly, due to certain content, I feel there's more to it than that for me. Having had a very vivid, closed-eyed visual of a malevolent jester 'bonking' me on the nose (yes I know it sounds demented right here, but keep reading
and actually physically feeling this left me feeling under psychic attack from some dark force that I without doubt feel wanted to drive me bonkers- no pun intended.
Sounds messed-up I know- i must repeat that- but that's just one dark night for this soul...
Night is when it is dark and that is when we sleep- ideally- and sleep is a type of surrender of our volition in self-protection/preservation. Mental guards are down and we are susceptible to attack- be it physical, or whatever.
My experiences bring with them a sense of 'knowing' that there is an INTELLIGENCE at work in such attacks and I don't feel it is one's sub-conscious making itself 'known.' This 'Intelligence' seems strange (as in a stranger) and by now, if a person has the ability to articulate it, then he or she'd definitely have become familiar with the FAMILIAR quality of his or her own so-called sub-conscious...
So logically in discarding the blanket-dismissal of such being one's own mind playing-tricks, and subsequently determining that the content of such experiences to be agonizing in intent, what are we left to conclude besides: yeah, sure; some sinister force out there from some source is wishing to do harm- and is not doing it to just one person.
I leave this thought now as open-ended as it began- I know- but this way it leaves others welcome to their two cents, and hopefully will encourage a consensus resolution...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Well, I've learned to worry about other things, like the Illuminati.

That is true, we are taught to ignore or intuitive impulses. However, not every psychic impulse that we feel is intuitive. Sometimes disorganized memories or even boredom will cause the brain to make stuff up.

The whole point about religion is to seperate the useful stuff from the not-so-useful stuff. Christianity says that less useful stuff is from "Satan" whereas the useful stuff comes from "God" or "Jesus." Not that I'm religious, just that it seems as though people who are perfectly fine with denying what others have to say about spirituality tend to be frightened when they encounter unknowns. The point of systems of spirituality isn't to make your life a pain in the neck, but to prepare you for those unknowns. It's probably a moot point to mention, but people have been seeing apparitions for thousands of years. Somebody must have gotten it right somewhere down the line.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
God doesn't send us to Hell, we condemn ourselves by disobeying his laws. those that disobey and do not take Jesus as Savior will go to Hell and the torment is something that the mind cannot even begin to comprehend now.......

Jesus didn't die on the cross and rise again for nothing. Only through Jesus can we be saved from eternal torment. FACT.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
God doesn't send us to Hell, we condemn ourselves by disobeying his laws. those that disobey and do not take Jesus as Savior will go to Hell and the torment is something that the mind cannot even begin to comprehend now.......

As I mentioned before, God is opposed to Religion..this includes laws and structures. His new covenant with man is simple.....we are saved by His GRACE and not by GOOD WORKS. There is nothing that we can do that would make us worthy, but Christ did it for us on the cross.

Happy Egg Hunting!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Jesus didn't die on the cross and rise again for nothing. Only through Jesus can we be saved from eternal torment. FACT.

See, this is the stuff I am talking about. So my mother, who did everything right in her life is going to go to hell just because she doesn't believe in JC as her lord and savior???
Maybe if there was more proof than just a damn book that basically makes no sense and is HISTORICALLY INACCURATE, would people actually believe this nonsense!!!!!!
How does anyone or anything expect someone to just go on blind faith??? There is more proof of UFOs then there is of this bunk...
No offense to you, but damn it, this stuff is just ridiculous... I'm sorry!
A book is just not enough for some of us (not to mention the myriad of contradictions and the sheer murdering of people for ridiculous reasons in the OT!).
How much longer are people just going to believe this??? Have a mind of your own, people!
God doesn't have to be this tyrannical, murdering nutjob that is portrayed in that bible...
Oh, and by the way, if your religion was so correct, then why are there so many of them that claim that THEY are all correct? What is that telling you???
Just something for people to believe in when they are too afraid to really think outside the box...
Once again, I apologize for my bluntless and I really mean no harm.
I just can't stand how people try to impose this stuff on others and give the guilt trip when they have no more proof than any other religion.
If this stuff was all true, wouldn't God know that words and truths get twisted throughout the years? Wouldn't he have the courtesy to stick around to keep it real and show himself to us, instead of playing the invisible man??? If I created something, I would be there for my creation.
I wouldn't play these ridiculous faith and test games!

And you say this is a FACT that Jesus died for our sins... I wanna see the proof, and I don't want to hear anything about the bible. One book. If that is all the proof that exists in this case, then I don't wanna hear it...
Sorry for saying "you people" here, but you people base your lives on a book that has so many different versions and is almost 2,000 years old. And the thing that cracks me up is that everyone has their own interpretation of the bible... They conform it to their beliefs. That, to me, makes no sense.
If this thing was correct, why so many different interps and views???
Love and light!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
"God doesn't have to be this tyrannical, murdering nutjob that is portrayed in that bible...
Oh, and by the way, if your religion was so correct, then why are there so many of them that claim that THEY are all correct? What is that telling you???"

*****I certainly understand your point of view. We don't dictate how God will be. He tells us how he is. We don't make God up and pick and choose his character, personality, laws and plans. God created the Universe and sees more than we have the capacity to see. Man left alone is chaotic, murderous, disorganized and faithless......God provided a way that we can all be saved through Jesus. Now, there is a Satan and he appeals to our humanistic desires, inspires mankind what gives him the reign, and the battle rages on. We as humans are the anomly and temporary. The supernatural is the true nature of the universe and not the physical world. The UFO's are Nephilim, and the fallen Angelic beings that were given human form spoke about in Genesis 6:4.

Our ministers, Preachers, Popes, evangelicals are falling away to the New Age Religion, Billy Graham, Robert Shueller, Copeland, Osteen, Hinn, Parsely, Pat Robertson, Warren, and many more work for the New Age Movement set up by the Illuminati. The Masons are perverting slowly Biblical terms and truth. The different versions of the Bible are inspired by Satan to distort the truth ever so slightly to massive changes to cause confusion........

Its all coming to a head soon as the New World Order takes hold all around the US and we are then subjugated to the World Order as planned even by our own traitorous government.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Yes I can relate to you. But ever since I have cats, 12 years now, I do not feel it. In the beginning when feeling scared I would check them to see if they saw something and when I saw they were ok, I also would feel safe.

As much as I am open to all sorts of beings, I think the whole thing has more to do with inner anxiety caused by all sorts of reasons.

You could try something like allowing your self to be afraid and yet allow your self to relax. It sounds contradictory but it might just help. The more relaxed you are the less you tend to experience unsetteling things.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Read my post called put up your Cross, a lot of people forget that and need some spiritual faith to back your selves up when these things occur, but understand many ATS members these days to not believe you or your experiences so if I can help, use some faith and show it by having Cross somewhere near you.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
the Holy Spirit protects you with Prayer and asking for a hedge of protection......Angels protect you that you cannot see......the protection is there. Jesus protects you, nothing physical on the world can protect you, only the Holy Spirit and the Angels that are there for you in Jesus' name.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
"See, this is the stuff I am talking about. So my mother, who did everything right in her life is going to go to hell just because she doesn't believe in JC as her lord and savior???"

***I can't judge what is in someones heart when the cross over. Good works do not get us to Heaven. Only taking jesus as savior. Then, Good works are considered.

"Maybe if there was more proof than just a damn book that basically makes no sense and is HISTORICALLY INACCURATE, would people actually believe this nonsense!!!!!!"

****The Bible has never been proven historically inaccurate. Not once.

"How does anyone or anything expect someone to just go on blind faith???"

******God does.......Blessed is he that has not seen, yet believes"

"There is more proof of UFOs then there is of this bunk..."

****The UFO's, Aliens etc..are not aliens but they are demonic and can be found in genesis 6:4.

"No offense to you, but damn it, this stuff is just ridiculous... I'm sorry!"

*****No problem, as I don't take it personal. This stuff is hard to take in granted, but true nonetheless. We have only a four dimensional capacity to understand our universe.

"A book is just not enough for some of us (not to mention the myriad of contradictions and the sheer murdering of people for ridiculous reasons in the OT!). "

****God designed the entire universe. We can second guess him when we design and create our own universes. No disrespect intended, just a way of expressing or making a point.

"How much longer are people just going to believe this??? Have a mind of your own, people! "

****It appears that those that believe have a mind of their own as this is the believe that many are trying to deny especially preachers, ministers, evangelicals and priests....Many clergy are teaching that there are many different ways to heaven besides believing in Jesus.

"God doesn't have to be this tyrannical, murdering nutjob that is portrayed in that bible..."

*****He's not. We don't create God, God created us.

"Oh, and by the way, if your religion was so correct, then why are there so many of them that claim that THEY are all correct? What is that telling you???"

*****Easy answer. I and many of us don't believe in Religion. We believe in the one True Living God and his son Jesus Christ. Jesus didn't bring religion, he brought salvation and eternal life. No religion. Mankind and Satan designed religion to mislead and control. The King James Bible is the only truth in this world. The Holy Spirit when inspiring us that have accepted Jesus, also matches the Bible.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

"See, this is the stuff I am talking about. So my mother, who did everything right in her life is going to go to hell just because she doesn't believe in JC as her lord and savior???"

***I can't judge what is in someones heart when the cross over. Good works do not get us to Heaven. Only taking jesus as savior. Then, Good works are considered.

"Maybe if there was more proof than just a damn book that basically makes no sense and is HISTORICALLY INACCURATE, would people actually believe this nonsense!!!!!!"

****The Bible has never been proven historically inaccurate. Not once.

"How does anyone or anything expect someone to just go on blind faith???"

******God does.......Blessed is he that has not seen, yet believes"

"There is more proof of UFOs then there is of this bunk..."

****The UFO's, Aliens etc..are not aliens but they are demonic and can be found in genesis 6:4.

"No offense to you, but damn it, this stuff is just ridiculous... I'm sorry!"

*****No problem, as I don't take it personal. This stuff is hard to take in granted, but true nonetheless. We have only a four dimensional capacity to understand our universe.

"A book is just not enough for some of us (not to mention the myriad of contradictions and the sheer murdering of people for ridiculous reasons in the OT!). "

****God designed the entire universe. We can second guess him when we design and create our own universes. No disrespect intended, just a way of expressing or making a point.

"How much longer are people just going to believe this??? Have a mind of your own, people! "

****It appears that those that believe have a mind of their own as this is the believe that many are trying to deny especially preachers, ministers, evangelicals and priests....Many clergy are teaching that there are many different ways to heaven besides believing in Jesus.

"God doesn't have to be this tyrannical, murdering nutjob that is portrayed in that bible..."

*****He's not. We don't create God, God created us.

"Oh, and by the way, if your religion was so correct, then why are there so many of them that claim that THEY are all correct? What is that telling you???"

*****Easy answer. I and many of us don't believe in Religion. We believe in the one True Living God and his son Jesus Christ. Jesus didn't bring religion, he brought salvation and eternal life. No religion. Mankind and Satan designed religion to mislead and control. The King James Bible is the only truth in this world. The Holy Spirit when inspiring us that have accepted Jesus, also matches the Bible.

There is no god, no satan, no jesus, no heaven and no hell. I thought this thread was about people sensing evil things not about who is the most ignorant religious fool. Let's get back on topic.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Humans, and most other animals have an irrational fear of the dark, set in their minds from the early stages of their evolution. It's an instinct that tells us not to move around when we can't see what's in front of our faces, just in case we get eaten by a bear or totter over a cliff. It's believable, then, that we should imagine up such a menace as a means of self-preservation.
I'm not debunking the idea of things, spiritual or otherworldly, lurking about us when we can't see them, I'm just offering a psychological view on the matter. I'm willing to believe that things lurk about in the dark. It makes things more exciting.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
there is no evolution and never has been like global warming, all a hoax no kidding. Even Darwin scoffed at this own theory in the last chapter of the Origin of the Species. We were in fact created by God as he commands the particles. This is as much fact as there is gravity. There is in fact, no proof of Evolution, no indicators except what scientist from the paid off CFR has literally lied about and fabricated. The CFR in the invite chambers only as designed by Rockefellers is the Illuminati and the Plans for the North American Union and the New World Order. However, the RIIA runs the CFR and the American Illuminati, (Bush, Bush JR. Clinton, others that are masons etc.....) the American Illuminati is out of their class and not even close to dealing with the British and German Royal "Illuminati" family that also includes the Pope......Our own equal is Billy Graham, Robert Shueller Copeland, Pat Robinson, and many more are all false prophets and are lying about the true word of God. They are now following the New Age Movement as the pagan Oprah has been promoting. If you follow the evidence you will see clearly.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join