It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactions to Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

#7 would be a little easy to work out as there are only a few mainstream religions left that I can think of.
Islam and Buddhism. Anymore that I've left out?
Islam being the most extremist , I guess it could point to the anti christ coming from the Islamic faith and with Obamas links to that religion through his family......

Will also read up on those links too to find out what this is all about.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

There are many things that are strange coincidences.

Im quite surprised people are finding him odd, I was not expecting that.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My list for fun.

1)He will be Jewish with ancestral roots to king David and Abraham. (Possibly from the tribe of levi?)
2)He could be a she or androgynous.
3)It will be of virgin Birth either devine or man made.
4)It will be born in Bethlehem, or there abouts.
5)There will be various signs of its miraculous birth, and only the "elite" humans will see it.
6) It will grow with stature learning "occult" secrets from various sources.
7) It will realize that it is the Son of the "so called" god.
8) It will be circumcised, and be fully jewish in name only.
9) It will be miraculously "called" and suffer oppression\temptation from various worldy desires.
10) It will embrace asceticism, and other forms of denial. Yet in secret embrace every desire in its heart.
11) It will teach a message of peace, preform miracles, proclaim the "gospel of the beast" and perform many miracles to lead the "elect" of yeshua astray.
12) It will grow in power in the world and control some type of allegiance based upon the city of seven hills, Rome.
13) It will be Charismatic, Wise to the world, friendly, seemingly loving of All. It will be like a Dali Lama\Mother Tereasa with a hidden agenda.
14) Most of the world will love it, Some will hate it. Other ignore it, others embrace it for advantage, etc. (Think general human love\hate\ambivalence)
15) It will Grow in stature until it seeks all devotion onto "itself". It will become jealous of other "Gods". It will proclaim itself the sole God, and seek to eradicate all religions except itself. It will proclaim itself the only God, IT will state "I am Allah, I am Braham, I am Jesus, I am Buddha, I am all avatars in one, I am the totality of all existence, and all existence springs from me. I am the Alpha and Omega, And I control all." or something like that.
16) It will establish a "temple unto itself" in Israel. Those who do not worship its image, will neither be able to buy\sell\eat, etc. It will harness the worlds armies unto itself, And declare war on all those who oppose it.
17) A muslim terrorist will pretend to worship him, when he gets close to him, he blows up, and it is wounded with a fatal wound. It dies for three days, And then Revives. Most of the world will now embrace him, The Islamic people of Essau will be eradicated, Jacobs lineage will come next.
18) It will come to control most of the world, It will become more mad with power, desperate, knowing its time is short yet believing it will win.
19) The World consisting of the whore of Babylon is consumed by its quest of power. The Illuminati will cease to exist at this point.
20)The writers imaginative skill has become bored at this point, and quits.

Quick summery: The Anti-Christ will appear to be Jesus, but will truly be the exact opposite in secret. The inspiration of the above ideas comes from a Jesus who succumbed to temptation and embraced the world "ways." The writer also took a little inspiration from Jewish tradition interpreted from a Christian perspective. But also note the writer is only guessing, and is to be taken with a grain of salt, and vinegar. As of now, the writer is tired of writing in third person, is hungry, and is getting caffeine withdraw.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I wonder if Obama might be a "Nation of Islam" member and has a hidden plan to remove the "white Devils" off the place of this planet.

OR he could simply be a secular humanist in love with himself, who thinks his poop doesn't stink?

[edit on 30-3-2009 by msnevil]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

There are many anti christ, and yes the first time I laid eyes on Obama I had him figured,

It is interesting to note he has no church now, only spiritual advisers, the odd way inauguration ceremony was flubbed, the the re-swearing in, and Obama conveniently forgot the Bible.

The extreme state of the world today, China and Russia coming to the forefront.

Hatred for what is good and what is moral, hatred of Christians,

It doesn't look good.

I could go on but I am sure you all have heard it before.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well since the first page is full of "Well, I'm not a christian posts" let me come in here for a minute...

I am what some would call a Christian Agnostic, as in I was raised southern baptists, but I don't buy into the dogma of the modern church; Instead I study the teachings of Jesus Christ and utilize them as a moral compass in my life...

That Said, as a Christian (so I think I would have at least a little more understanding of my faith that you non-Christians) let me just inform you that the ANTI-Christ is not a PERSON or Organization that will ever exist in the Modern day.

The Anti Christ was Nero Caesar, He is proven on more than one occasion to be the beast who's name equals to 666. Now if you want to make comparisons between Obama and Nero be my guest, BUT....

It's going to be damn hard to find evidence that Obama:
1) Killed his brother and mother for power
2) Targeted Christians as the ones who "burned Rome"
3) Must commit Suicide after after 13 years of reign (only to be rumored to not really be dead and capable of returning to power at some point [whoa, sounds like the anti-christ story of dying and resurrecting to the full extent of their power])
4) must be condemned by historians on par with the ancient Tacitus, Cassius Dio, Josephus, and Pliny the Elder.
5) is involved in persecuting Christians enough to be termed "The First Persecutor"
6) Is involved in the death/murder of two great Christian Leaders.
7) lastly, When treated as Hebrew Numbers the Characters for his name must add up to either 616 or 666.

So... Those of you claiming Obama is the second coming of the Anti-Christ (Nero Caesar) then please do those of us a favor who follow the religion you are stealing this idea from...

Prove it!

I've provided 7 examples above, Now you do your part of the work and find me 7 examples of Obama doing JUST THAT. when you don't please make note of it in the hateful part of your mind that seems to spite our current leader.

Good day!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I like him.

He has undone some of the environmental horrors that the Bush administration perpetrated, rather than running off to his ranch in Texas for half his first term he's stayed in Washington and has started the government doing things instead of sitting there and watching, and he's actually kept about 60% of the promises that he made when he was running for President... and it's not even 100 days out. I'll wait to give a full verdict until after he's been in for a year but it's off to a promising start. He's still a novice politician, and there are lots of things that can rise up and bite him.

In a way, I kind of classify him with Jimmy Carter.

Antichrist? I don't believe in him/her/it. Revelation was a controversial book when the Bible was put together (many of the bishops wanted another book instead), and even Martin Luther (founder of the Protestant religion) wanted it out of the Bible some 1200 years later. As was said, the "prophecy" fits Nero very very well and seems to have been one of those inspirational books (there are others) written during a particularly dark period in Jewish history.

Many Protestant religions teach this -- that it's Nero who is indicated in the book. Many Christian scholars have written in support of this.

But those who believe in the Antichrist (generally the Evangelicals, a movement that rose within the last 150 years) continually play "pin the tail on the Antichrist", picking people that they dislike as candidates. Over the years, I've seen declarations that no less than a hundred different people are currently the Antichrist -- a number that does NOT count the people who stand up and say, "Hey! I'm the Antichrist!"

I realize the Conservatives are feeling the same sort of disgust and despair that I felt during the Bush years -- but Bush wasn't the Antichrist, either, and neither is Obama.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven
Well since the first page is full of "Well, I'm not a christian posts" let me come in here for a minute...

I am what some would call a Christian Agnostic, as in I was raised southern baptists, but I don't buy into the dogma of the modern church; Instead I study the teachings of Jesus Christ and utilize them as a moral compass in my life...

That Said, as a Christian (so I think I would have at least a little more understanding of my faith that you non-Christians) let me just inform you that the ANTI-Christ is not a PERSON or Organization that will ever exist in the Modern day.

The Anti Christ was Nero Caesar, He is proven on more than one occasion to be the beast who's name equals to 666. Now if you want to make comparisons between Obama and Nero be my guest, BUT....

It's going to be damn hard to find evidence that Obama:
1) Killed his brother and mother for power
2) Targeted Christians as the ones who "burned Rome"
3) Must commit Suicide after after 13 years of reign (only to be rumored to not really be dead and capable of returning to power at some point [whoa, sounds like the anti-christ story of dying and resurrecting to the full extent of their power])
4) must be condemned by historians on par with the ancient Tacitus, Cassius Dio, Josephus, and Pliny the Elder.
5) is involved in persecuting Christians enough to be termed "The First Persecutor"
6) Is involved in the death/murder of two great Christian Leaders.
7) lastly, When treated as Hebrew Numbers the Characters for his name must add up to either 616 or 666.

So... Those of you claiming Obama is the second coming of the Anti-Christ (Nero Caesar) then please do those of us a favor who follow the religion you are stealing this idea from...

Prove it!

I've provided 7 examples above, Now you do your part of the work and find me 7 examples of Obama doing JUST THAT. when you don't please make note of it in the hateful part of your mind that seems to spite our current leader.

Good day!

I have not heard of this before.

Are you saying that the book of revelations has happened in the past, is a farce or both. I have never heard anything with regards to reincarnations etc.

It looks like your speaking about numerology, bible codes etc?

I wont be one to argue who is right or wrong but maybe you can point me in a direction as to where you learned of this?

It would help me to form my own opinion.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I am reminded of the The removal of the ‘restrainer’ “he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way”.

Now years ago I remember an ancient teachings of a group of holy men that keep in check the balance of the planet, and that eventually they will be taken out of the way, now i know Christians believe the restrainer is the holy spirit .

About Bush
www.grist.org...

I did a lot of research on his positive environmentalism.

The Clear Skies Act of 2003

Initially announced by President Bush in 2002,[39] the Clear Skies Initiative was aimed at amending the Clean Air Act to further reduce air pollution and expanded the emissions trading programs to include new pollutants such as mercury. The goal of the initiative was to reduce the sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, and mercury emissions of power plants over the course of 15 years, while saving consumers millions of dollars.[39]

Among other things, the Clear Skies Act states that it would[40][41][42]:

* Cut mercury emissions by 69 percent, - the first-ever national cap on mercury emissions. Emissions will be cut from current emissions of 48 tons to a cap of 26 tons in 2010, and 15 tons in 2018.
* Cut emissions of nitrogen oxide (NOx) by 67 percent, from emissions of 5 million tons to a cap of 2.1 million tons in 2008, and to 1.7 million tons in 2018
* Cut sulfur dioxide (SO2) emissions by 73 percent, from emissions of 11 million tons to a cap of 4.5 million tons in 2010, and 3 million tons in 2018.
* Emission caps will be set to account for different air quality needs in the East and the West.
* Section 483 of the Bill exempt some older building from many of the provisions of the Bill, but must still meet carbon monoxide standards

And I thank god for Bush's stand on Kyoto, which would lay most of the financial burden once again on the United States,

Over a scam

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You need to remember it is not only a Christian teaching, also Buddhist speak of the

en.wikipedia.org...

Main article: Buddhist eschatology

Siddhārtha Gautama (Sanskrit; Pali: Siddhāttha Gotama) was a spiritual teacher from Nepal and the founder of Buddhism. The time of his birth and death are uncertain but a number of 20th-century historians have dated his lifetime from circa 563 BC to 483 BC. Some more recent scholars, however, have suggested dates of 410 to 400 BC for his death.[13]. This alternative chronology, however, has not yet been accepted by other historians.[14][15]

This founder of Buddhism said that his teachings would disappear after 5,000 years[16], when no one anymore practices Buddhism. According to the Sutta Pitaka, the "ten moral courses of conduct" will disappear and people will follow the ten amoral concepts of theft, violence, murder, lying, evil speaking, adultery, abusive and idle talk, covetousness and ill will, wanton greed, and perverted lust resulting in skyrocketing poverty and the end of the worldly laws of true dharma.[citation needed]

As part of Buddhist eschatology, it is believed that the era leading up to the coming of the next Buddha Maitreya will be characterized by impiety, physical weakness, sexual depravity and general societal disarray.

Commentators like Buddhaghosa predicted a step-by-step disappearance of the Buddha's teachings. During the first stage, arahants would no longer appear in the world. Later, the content of the Buddha's true teachings would vanish, and only their form would be preserved. Finally, even the form of the Dharma would be forgotten. During the final stage, the memory of the Buddha himself would be forgotten, and the last of his relics would be gathered together in Bodh Gaya and cremated. Some time following this development a new Buddha named Maitreya will arise to renew the teachings of Buddhism and rediscover the path to Nirvana. Maitreya is believed to currently reside in the Tu#a heaven, where he is awaiting his final rebirth in the world.

The decline of Buddhism in the world, and its eventual re-establishment by Maitreya, are in keeping with the general shape of Buddhist cosmology. Like Hindus, Buddhists generally believe in a cycle of creation and destruction, of which the current epoch represents only the latest step. The historical Buddha Shakyamuni is only the latest in a series of Buddhas that stretches back into the past.

www.miguelgoitizolo.ws...

[edit on 103131p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There is no way to say with any certainty who the anti christ is, or will be, But Obama is a prime example of how we can be fooled into following .

[edit on 103131p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
There is no way to say with any certainty who the anti christ is, or will be, But Obama is a prime example of how we can be fooled into following .

Why some people are more easily led then others I don't know, perhaps they want a saviour, I always had problems with authority figures.

I don't trust anybody. I learned that a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

I have not heard of this before.

Are you saying that the book of revelations has happened in the past, is a farce or both. I have never heard anything with regards to reincarnations etc.

It looks like your speaking about numerology, bible codes etc?

I wont be one to argue who is right or wrong but maybe you can point me in a direction as to where you learned of this?

It would help me to form my own opinion.

This is very common debate amongst Christian scholars. that said it is more commonly believed by those who study the classic biblical authors lives, the story of revelations, and the comparison of Revelations to the time period of when Nero lived.

Add in that Nero historically persecuted the Jews and Christians (the Only reason he didn't destroy Jerusalem was out of fear of retaliation from the Jewish God) and you have a perfect opportunity to slam this evil leader with a historical hit piece by simply portraying this person as a "great Beast" and "Destroyer of Worlds" which if you asked many ancient Christians both terms perfectly described Nero.

The Numerology Aspect is just that... Ancients used Numerology and other now debunked 'pseudo sciences' such as alchemy and blood letting. So it is reasonable to believe that Numerology could lead to an answer to 'who is the Antichrist' by applying the equivalent Hebrew Numerals to the corresponding Romantic Characters, you get that Nero Caesar's "number" equals that of 666.

If you want to read Further about it Here are a couple of Wiki Links (so as to surmise both the life of Nero and the equation of him to the Anti-Christ)

Nero Caesar Article on Wikipedia

The Number of The Beast Wiki Article

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

this should sum it up for you....

www.youtube.com...

you better watch BEFORE they take it off and ban it, lol

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Okay does the bible really say that. If so can you give me the verse. I am like your spouse where I am Christian and I believe in fellowship of man but not necessarily religion and dont go to church or preach my beliefs to people that are not open to it. I remember the first time I saw Barrack Obama on Jon Stewart and he said something and then put a cubs hat on to try to seem more down to earth. Then and there I just had this feeling he was the antichrist even though he seemed down to earth I knew he was evil. I have a good memory but I dont remember anything else that was in the news back then, but because of this feeling I got I remember that little clip.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ladies and Gents...Obama is just the warm up act for what is going to follow...

He is just another step to the CHAOS that will change everything, as it is perceived. Is he the Anti-Christ? One that is Christian, or influenced by Christian beliefs, may think so. When the REAL THING shows up, the reactions many of us have had to Obama will be amplified to the nth degree.

It is an intuitive call on my part, I "feel" when someone rubs me wrong, whether I know them personally or not, all I need to do is hear their voice, watch their actions, etc...in otherwords, WATCH and LEARN. We are in for a very informative "ride".

~Holly

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LokiNinja
Okay does the bible really say that. If so can you give me the verse. I am like your spouse where I am Christian and I believe in fellowship of man but not necessarily religion and dont go to church or preach my beliefs to people that are not open to it. I remember the first time I saw Barrack Obama on Jon Stewart and he said something and then put a cubs hat on to try to seem more down to earth. Then and there I just had this feeling he was the antichrist even though he seemed down to earth I knew he was evil. I have a good memory but I dont remember anything else that was in the news back then, but because of this feeling I got I remember that little clip.

Here are the verses that I based the list of the 19 points from.

Daniel 7:11
Daniel 7:24
Daniel 7:25
Daniel 8:9-12
Daniel 8:23
Daniel 8:24
Daniel 9:27
2 Thessalonians 2
Matthew 24
Revelation 13
Revelation 17

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Antichrist? I don't believe in him/her/it. Revelation was a controversial book when the Bible was put together (many of the bishops wanted another book instead), and even Martin Luther (founder of the Protestant religion) wanted it out of the Bible some 1200 years later. As was said, the "prophecy" fits Nero very very well and seems to have been one of those inspirational books (there are others) written during a particularly dark period in Jewish history.

Ive checked this out and you are correct.

No need to comment.

Got my Martin Luthers mixed up

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I read somewhere... not here, but I'm sure if i bothered to search it will have been posted here, that Jesus in the bible describes Satan as:

"Lightning from On High"

....which translates into hebrew as:

"Baraq O/U Bama"

Nice little coinqidink I thought

I personally am an atheist, but I respect your views and will never preach what I understand to be absolute. I simply found this correlation very interesting...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by conspi

Seriously?

I've watched that Crap Documentary 5 times now... Seems to me Mr. Jones has lost touch with how to investigate a documentary; as not only were many of the accusations the same as against the Bush Administration (to the point of making the EXACT same claims, but just showing an Image of Obama instead of Bush) but also, reused the same footage from past Bilderberg/G20/CFR protests.

Man, you think as evil as this guy is made out to be, Jones could have gotten some kind of actual dirt on him, and not the same circumstantial spin that he put on Bush during his term.

Basically this movie made me realize Alex Jones isn't out to save America. He's out to make money off the individuals foolish enough to think they alone can take back their country by force. This is not only disrespectful of all True Patriots everywhere, it's blatantly disrepectful of his audience.

Sheep come in all colors... Including the Sheep of Alex Jones.

*puts on Flame retardant Clothing*

bring It...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join