It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 1388 National Service Bill Passed Senate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
FYI The Senate has not yet cast the vote on this bill yet. It has been placed on the Senate calendar. The vote was to place it on the calendar and to proceed to the final vote. It was placed on the Senate calendar for today actually.

www.senate.gov...

Hang to your hats. If the Senate passes this, Obama just has to put his big old x on the line.

If you read through my first post to this thread you might have more cause to worry.

I wrote my Republican Senator telling him how against this I was, and to please not vote for it and why. I posted a copy of that letter here on the thread, to show people what I wrote and asked.

He wrote back yesterday as a matter of fact. A form letter in fact, telling me good news! He is very much in favor of all Americans, heading down a path to lifelong service to country, and about ServeAmerica Corp., which the Bill doesn't name the name of the corporation but the corporation dow have a name. ServeAmerica Corp.

I was so disgusted and insulted. He hadn't even read my letter just that it was about HR1138 and wrote back telling me how he apprciated I was for it, and he was for it too, in some form letter that I posted below the one I wrote to him.

We are screwed. This corporation is already set up to do business, and in fact they are all for it.

Mel Martinez by the way is a die hard Republican who came to Miami to flee Communist Cuba and hates Castro and Communism with a passion.

So if this sham of a Senator is for it considering all that? We don't have a hope anywhere to be found this thing isn't going to pass.

Forget holding onto your hat. Hold on to your gun, because they are comming, comming with new National ID Cards for us all, mandatory civil service, and a huge new security service, armed and wrapped up in this insane new idealogy.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
noone and i mean NOONE will tell me i have to work and not get paid for it.
if i feel like volunteering fine but DO NOT tell me i have too.
period
if i just want to sit at home and drink beer or maybe go fishing or hunting or golfing or even just fool around with my gf that is my business- don't tell me i HAVE to give up that time, and NOONE will tell me i HAVE to.
when i refuse and they come knocking they had better be well prepared for what will happen

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I read your well scripted letter and the mind numbing response from your Senator. I have tried to keep up with most of the threads on this topic and I really believe that we are in trouble with this bill.

I read through the roll call in the House and I was very disappointed to see the names of several well known republicans that actually voted for this.

FUBAR will be the new name for our once great nation.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The Federal Government is completely rogue now. Don't look for answers there.

Our only hope is with our States, County and local government. If we march anywhere it needs to be to our local and state reps and demand they stop this federal encroachment on our civil liberties at our borders.
If they do not bend to the will of the people, then they should be removed asap.

Boldly asserting State Sovereignty is our last hope.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
In reply to Visible Villain, William Cooper talked about the things currently happening in his book Behold A Pale Horse & at his lectures. Alex Jones has too much sensationalism and makes facts up out of thin air. I've listed to him and I don't hate him, but he sure isn't helping.

I am thinking that a good way to reach out to our fellow American citizens is to educate them about this. We have Youtube, visited by plenty of youth and adults. We can make a video in regards to this bill and every thing that it includes.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

Alex Jones has too much sensationalism and makes facts up out of thin air.

He certainly is a little high strung.

My quotation to part of your statement may well be the reason he's still sucking air ...

... I don't hate him, but he sure isn't helping.

Admittedly, there is a soft spot in my heart for Alex, and I know I may be in the minority, but at least he's trying, as imperfect as his efforts may be, and at least that's something.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

I read your well scripted letter and the mind numbing response from your Senator. I have tried to keep up with most of the threads on this topic and I really believe that we are in trouble with this bill.

I read through the roll call in the House and I was very disappointed to see the names of several well known republicans that actually voted for this.

FUBAR will be the new name for our once great nation.

My friend, I am sorry, and shocked to say that as I write this I am moments from finishing a phone call the included me talking to three separate staff members on Senator Martinez's staff.

At first they each sought to hastily apologize that I was sent the reply I was. That the simple apology alone would resolve the matter, with my opposition to the bill in question being simply a non-issue in their minds.

I told each staff member, that this was the 3rd occasion where this had happened. That I had written against renewing the Patriot Act and received a form letter back thanking me for being for the Patriot Act and the Senator was too, and why, that I had written against the Bail Out, and received a letter back thanking me for being for the Bailout and the Senator was too and why.

I asked them if my letters were even being read or if they were just being scanned by a computer for key words that generated an automatic reply on the Senator’s position.

They each said junior members of the staff read every correspondence, and I asked how it could be possible that each and every occasion that this was generating a response back to me for being in favor of what I was against.

Again they apologized for the inconvenience.

I asked if this is a representative republic, and the Senator is my representative and each and every time I write, well in advance of a vote, and my correspondences are not being read, and the Senator already has a clear position, with weeks to go before every citizen has had a chance to correspond and weigh in, how is he arriving at his positions then and who is he representing?

I asked is it the Government himself he is representing, is it the Corporate interests he is representing, is it the Foreign and Special Interest lobbies he is representing? For it is very clear he is not representing me, my letters aren’t even read or considered and if mine aren’t which citizens if any are?

I added, my concerns in regards to each of these issues are based on constitutional grounds. In regards to this one, I pay taxes already to the government to provide me services, and not to serve it. I want my representatives to either represent me or the majority of the constituents he serves, not for us to represent him, by accepting, what he deems best, without even considering what we have to say.

I said, perhaps I am not making myself clear, I want to know how the legislative process works today, that weeks before the vote is due, the Senator already has a firm position, and does not even consider what the citizens are saying to their representative. I said to each, as inconvenient as this phone call is for you, the reality is I and many Americans no longer believe our government represents us, and I and many other Americans are concerned about this. I then told each that not only has this same thing happened each time I wrote Senator Martinez, but Senator Nelson, and my Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lethinen, on all the same issues, I wrote explaining why I was against them, on constitutional grounds, and they just like Senator Martinez wrote back thanking me for being for them, and some unconstitutional grounds.

I asked point blank, is there any reason why citizens should even pretend or bother that their representatives in Washington, hear, consider, listen to them or represent them, or should we just all shut up and leave you all alone to give away our tax dollars, increase what you want in taxes, take away our liberties one at a time, and have our time volunteered for free and serve the government that was meant to serve us, and just leave you alone in the process.

This prompted my call to twice be transferred.

The third person hung up on me.

I do not know about the rest of the Senate or Congress, but I will clearly state, on record, and can prove, that Senator Bill Nelson, Senator Mel Martinez, and Iliana Ros-Lethinen all of the State of Florida do not listen, do not pay attention, nor do they consider the Citizens in their District. Democrat and Republicans alike.

People of this nation, it is time to stop with the letters, it is time to call, and call these people each and every chance you can and can afford. It is time to find out for yourself each and everyone of you who cares, who serves the constitution and it’s citizenry and who does not.

If they do not, we need to move on to protesting in their lobbies. For it is my humble opinion the government no longer serves us. I am saying why, and if you have not written your representative, or called your representative and weighed in on this issue or any other recently, regardless of whether you are a democrat or republican or they are a democrat or republican and you have the nerve to say this is not true, I submit to you that you have not tried to find out if it is true, but simply to assume and say it is not.

Citizens of this country were not born to pay taxes and labor for free, to a government that does not hear us or consider us.

We were born in this country to enjoy lives of freedom, liberty, the right to self determination and free speech.

Those who lack the courage, or discipline, or resolve, or desire to display that freedom and liberty and right to determine for yourself by speaking freely to your government is why government has become the beast that it has become.

Toss your fears and politically correct party line nonsense aside and have the courage to see if your candidate, your representative actually represents you and challenge them to do just that. While you still can, because it does not look like we in fact can, and that soon even that illusion will be gone.

[edit on 25/3/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A few change in the senate version.

SEC. 1508. AUTHORIZED BENEFITS FOR CORPS MEMBERS.
(B) in paragraph (6), by striking `Clothing' and inserting `Uniforms'; and

Brown shirts as part of the uniforms perhaps?

`(10) increase public and private investment in nonprofit community organizations that are effectively addressing national and local challenges and to encourage such organizations to replicate and expand successful initiatives;

So basically, anyone can give money to increase the size of any part of this force.

`(11) leverage Federal investments to increase State, local, business, and philanthropic resources to address national and local challenges;

Again, but by the government.

`(16) support institutions of higher education that engage students in community service activities, provide service-learning courses, and encourage or assist graduates to pursue careers in public service in the nonprofit or government sector; and

Go along with the government propaganda, more funds from the taxpayers.

`It is the sense of Congress that the number of participants in approved national service positions, including the Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA) and the National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC), should grow to reach 250,000 participants by 2014.'.

250.000 by 2014...

And the whole thing is set up that if they go along they'll have more federal money. What's school will refuse money in this economy? Federal money = federal control. Federal control = propaganda.

`(5) developing civic engagement programs that promote a better understanding of--

`(A) the principles of the Constitution, the heroes of American history (including military heroes), and the meaning of the Oath of Allegiance;

`(B) how the Nation's government functions; and

`(C) the importance of service in the Nation's character.

You know what version the government teaches : Principles of the constitution... yeah we march over it, there's only 2 parties the republicans and the democrats... Heroes of american history: Obama, Bush, Kissinger... Oath of allegiance is of course to the president. Nation government function: the government is god. Importance of service: you must do it, otherwise you're unpatriotic, a terrorist sympathiser scumbag.

`(1) providing technical assistance and information to, and facilitating the professional developement of, teachers and assisting in the planning, development, execution, and evaluation of service-learning in their classrooms;

In their classrooms, because it's mandatory as part of the school curiculum. You can't have your diploma if you're not a good slave and have good grade in slave-learning.

Not in the curriculum right?

`(4) assisting schools and school districts in developing school policies and practices that support the integration of service-learning into the curriculum.

And I just analysed the first section!

Except that this proposal is optional. Not mandatory. You're inventing facts that don't exist to further your hate-train.

You're right, except... if you're in secondary school and your school accept the propaganda, which it will since most teachers love Obama.

So all the next generations until this is repealed will be brainwashed into the system.

Anyway this whole thing is
It could get worse, if HR 1444 passes.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Some interesting History for those who wish to know more about this.

This is a revamping, and additions too H.R. 4330 The National Community Service Act of 1990.

We can thank George H.W. Bush for signing that into law. It's been amended multiple times through 1999. We can thank George W. Bush for putting an end to that nonsense.

Though George H.W. Bush signed it into law, it was William J. Clinton who in 1993 took it a step forward and combined the:

Ameri Corps - which included Volunteers in Service to America, National Civilian Community Corps, AmeriCorps National, and AmeriCorps State Programs

With

Learn and Serve America

With

Senior Corps

Into the current Corporation for National and Community Service

Clinton and the Democrats loved this progam and added to it throughout the 1990s.

The original Sponsor of H.R. 4330 was another Democrat and the oldest serving member in Congress at the time 4330 was written and passed.

Representative Augustus Freeman Hawkins was a founding member of the Congressional Black Caucus and a major sponsorer of several important Civil Rights and Labor Laws and was the first black man to be elected to Congress from the state of California, though he originally hailed from Lousianna. He belonged to the Democratic Party, and representative Maxine Waters currently has his seat in Congress. He retired in 1991 with this as his last major piece of Legislation and lived out the remainder of his years, living to the age of 100.

Senator Edward Kennedy then like now was the Sponsor of the Senate Version.

When H.R. 1388 refers to the corporation, the corporation is in fact currently the Corporation for National and Community Service.

It is being left for now in H.R. 1388 simply as the Corporation, because the future intent is to rename it...ServeAmerica Corp.

President Clinton jumped on this right away at the start of his term constantly adding and expanding to it.

It appears President Obama is also jumping on it right away and likely too will keep ammendments and additions to it rolling out of Congress throughout his term(s).

------

It strikes me as quite odd, that at a time, when most of the bailout money not going to the banks or AIG, is going in to State, Local and Federal Government Programs, why the push for Volunteering in a not so Voluntary way seems to be taking place at a rapid and determined pace.

It would seem to me, American's saddled with the deficits that these Bailout Packages are increasing at a staggering rate, should be out looking for part time jobs, to pay more taxes, to help bring that deficit down and not being forced to volunteer our time to a Government that does more for big International Businesses and the Government than it does for the citizens ultimately saddled with the debt.

A wise man once told me long ago, it is no longer a favor you are doing, if you take 5 dollars in gas money, a cheeseburger, a couple dollars to buy lunch from the person you are doing a 'Favor' for. He said, that makes it a service, and when you provide a service it comes with expectations of just that.

Likewise we pay our taxes, in exchange for services, and we do have a reasonable right to expect good service in exchange.

Likewise it is no longer volunteering, when you are forced to volunteer.

This is not quite the service I expect from my Government in fact it is the opposite.

If I wish to volunteer to do someone a favor, it would of course be my choice exclusively which is the only thing that renders the definition of those words accurate.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Thanks for your research. I am no expert in such matters, but I have read the entire bill and posted my "highlights" here www.abovetopsecret.com

What I understand is the "recipients" of funds aka The States, have a compliance quota and will press this issue in schools, churches, and so on and on. The word "volunteer" is used continuously but if you don't do it you will be deemed a loser of society. How about that turn us against each other, us, them, we, they. I feel this is just warming up the waters for MANDATORY to be induced at a later time. But I feel it is coming.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

Thanks for your research. I am no expert in such matters, but I have read the entire bill and posted my "highlights" here www.abovetopsecret.com

What I understand is the "recipients" of funds aka The States, have a compliance quota and will press this issue in schools, churches, and so on and on. The word "volunteer" is used continuously but if you don't do it you will be deemed a loser of society. How about that turn us against each other, us, them, we, they. I feel this is just warming up the waters for MANDATORY to be induced at a later time. But I feel it is coming.

The current version of the Bill is frightening. The reality is that the old Corporation for National and Community Service formed in 1993 by Bill Clinton had so many constant ammendments and additions being voted into it constantly that the ink could hardly dry on the last one, before Congress voted in yet another Amendment to it. Between 1990 and 1999 the original Bill that Hawkins wrote had some 162 additions added on to it. Thats about 18 times a year some Committee would sit down and say hey lets add this program to it, lets add that program to it.

Nothing was added to it during the Bush years, and what this brand new Bill does is reincorporate everything that exists from the 10 years of previous tinkering and additions to it. Starts out by adding some disturbing and signficant additions, and you can expect them to keep coming out with one law after another to add to it, out of committees about 18 times a year.

What is more disturbing about the additions they vote into existing Bills already passed into law, is they will often throw them into other Bills being voted on to hide them and get them passed. Some Republican needs a new bridge for his state, which is a tough sell in a Democratic House and Senate, so the Committee who worked up the latest additions to the Community Service Laws will say, put this in your Bridge Bill that you need in your District, because this portion of the Public Service Law has to do with Bridge repair, even though it might have 14 other items in it too. I will get you the Democratic votes you need in the Senate to to get your Republican Bridge built.

The Bridge for this District comes up for vote, you are like no big deal, it's a bridge who cares? Meanwhile a year later you find your standing out there for free knees deep in the muck clearing brush along the river bank for them to lay the foundations of it, and someone at the other end of the country is stuck volunteering in an Aides Hospice because that was included in it too.

That's why even though things like forced/voluntary civil service aren't very republican, the republicans will vote for the main bill, because they know there will be lots of additions coming down the pike that the democrats will want to sneak through and in, that helping them do that means they get pork for their state, and their pet projects done even thought they don't control the house or the senate.

This Bill is bad, bad news, based on the things that Obama was talking about during his campaign.

What I just described is how politicians built a basic frame work that a lot of people say, oh that's not so bad, having no idea, that it's just the foundation, and the worst parts of it are yet to come, and will be burried in other bills that unless you want to read the 4,000 pages or so of Draft Bills on everything under the sun, that get produced every day well get voted into law without hardly a sole catching wind of it outside of Congress or the Senate until it's too late.

I am checking out your Thread by the way, I am sorry I missed it at the time, feel free to put me on your U2U list and send me a message if you want when you are starting a thread and want to get it going.

Thanks my friend.

[edit on 25/3/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Did these guys not see Mr. Smith goes to Washington? I can definitely see how these things get slipped through the cracks. Like when the 1000+ page "stimulus" bill was put on the desk of the voters hours before they are expected to vote. There only seems to be one way out of this runaway train wreck of a system we have. I do not want to see it happen but people can only be pushed so far before the flash point. Congress can no longer manage nor represent with so much bacon on the plate. Lobbyist are the root of all evil in this country. NO MORE KICKBACKS.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that a black man has re instituted slavery in this country?

And am I just being nit picky when I point out that "mandatory volunteering" is an oxymoron?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

No you are not. We have already been through all of that way back in these threads. I don't care if he's purple. He's a puppet. Do you really think all this is his idea? It is for shock factor. They used to hide their agenda, now they hide in plain sight. They know the majority of the John Q. public is too dumb to see.

edit to add: They don't even hide anymore. Now it's in your face.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Oh, sorry I missed it earlier. That's what I get for trying to read while the puppy is chewing on the power cord. Little distracted.

And no, I don't think it's Obama's idea. I know full well he's a puppet. Even Kissinger said that Obama's role was to bring in the New World Order.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

Did these guys not see Mr. Smith goes to Washington? I can definitely see how these things get slipped through the cracks. Like when the 1000+ page "stimulus" bill was put on the desk of the voters hours before they are expected to vote. There only seems to be one way out of this runaway train wreck of a system we have. I do not want to see it happen but people can only be pushed so far before the flash point. Congress can no longer manage nor represent with so much bacon on the plate. Lobbyist are the root of all evil in this country. NO MORE KICKBACKS.

The Corporate, Foreign and Special Interest Lobbies on Capital Hill are a huge problem, in fact they take up so much of the representatives time, they really don't have time to consider citizens except very influential citizens.

Worse still are those special interests of a politician you don't see lobbying him, but one simple phone call or a round of golf back in his home district will do.

In the example above, I created the typical hypothetical situation where a Minority Party politician wants a bridge build with Federal Money in his district and cuts deals with the Majority Party to get votes for it, by attaching a piece of their not related legislation to it, to package it together.

You almost walk away thinking wow, this is what my poor Senator has to do right now to get my State a bridge since he is in the Minority.

Nine out of ten times though that state didn't really need the bridge. The Senator was out on the Golf Course with a dear old friend big in contracting, who says I tell you the wife just left, took me for half of everything, what a mess, I can hardly aford to keep my Cesnna Turbo Prop in the air these days. The Senator says, hey don't worry, let me see what I can think up here to give you a hand up, we could tear that bridge down on route 190 and put up another one, be a great contract for you, a nice shot in the arm. Gee thanks. Don't thank me your buying dinner!

Not always but half the time all these big bills are just pork and waste and gravy start to finish. Meanwhile the Senators buddy gets the contract for the bridge and hires illegal aliens to shave as much of his labor costs where he can. The local enonomy doesn't even end up getting that much out of the waste.

Between that kind of nonsense, voting night and day over whose name is going to go on the newest post office or government building or highway or which they are going to rename, making sure Isreal has it's weapons and its grants all taken care of, every civil liberty's group little project, the oil men can drill where ever in the world they want or need too, and the corporations all have the contract laws and tax breaks they want, they really don't have time for silly little thing like oversight of the Federal Reserve, Treasury, Wall Street or the Insurance Markets.

In their minds it's easier just to print them up a few trillion raise your taxes, so they get back to the next bridge, and Israels wish list, and making sure the Military Industrial Complex has a war brewing somewhere on the horizon to keep it all humming along.

It's out of control.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that a black man has re instituted slavery in this country?

And am I just being nit picky when I point out that "mandatory volunteering" is an oxymoron?

Actually some of us are still waiting for them to abolish slavery in this country. What you are seeing is in fact an obvious manifestation that in the government and corporations eyes we in fact are.

The Civil War was about States Rights and not letting States leave the union. They threw the slaves aren't allowed to own other slaves in there just for kicks.

Your Vital Statistics, and Birth Records aren't all under the Department of Commerce because you sell tomatoes beside the road. It's because your existence is a part of Commerce. The commerce of slavery.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Your Vital Statistics, and Birth Records aren't all under the Department of Commerce because you sell tomatoes beside the road. It's because your existence is a part of Commerce. The commerce of slavery.

Yes. Hence your name on any legal document being in CAPITAL LETTERS. Birth certificate, social security, drivers license, etc. You are not a person as much as an equity to the state. This is a hard thing to swallow. You are owned as soon as you pop out until you check out. I have nothing but love, can I be expunged please?

[edit on 26-3-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Sorry about that, it is a legitimate question. I have just seen it pop up so many times in this thread and the other one I started. Darn puppies. haha

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Wow, remember when the Nazi's started conscription in the lead up to world war II? Remember their arms build up? Too many similarities for my liking here, what are they preparing for?

Same dance, different song.

EMM

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join