It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 1388 National Service Bill Passed Senate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Lets show the entire passage...

"Whethera workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed, and how such a requirement could be implemented in a manner that would strengthen the social fabric of the Nation and overcome civic challenges by bringing together people from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds."

Now I've highlight the important words here.

This passage states provision for further development, investigation into how viable such a proposal would be. It doesn't state that this will be the case immediately.

It does not, however, state that Mandatory service is required, as Alex Jones would have you all believe. Someone should really make sure he knows how to read and understand plain English before he starts "translating" things for an audience.

Despite this clear and glaring fact, what would happen even if it was to become mandatory?

Several countries have a mandatory military service requirement, and I don't see this mentioning military service. Perhaps it takes something like this bill to get the lazy kids out of bed and taking some responsibility?

Either way, I note that not one person has argued my point that none of you so vociferously against the very idea of this bill will actually argue or protest it. You'll just come on here and complain about it while making ever more fanciful claims about the intent and even the content.

I firmly believe this is all nothing more than another example of the people WANTING something to make them angry and suspicious. They really don't care one way or another. And they certainly won't actually DO anything about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

This passage states provision for further development, investigation into how viable such a proposal would be. It doesn't state that this will be the case immediately.

Still. A government study is gonna show what it wants. And they WANT this. A mandatory draft for everyone 18-25. And they've said PLENTY of times that they want to do it and WILL do it.

So don't let them have the chance to do it. The government is power hungry. Give them an inch, they take a mile.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I certainly appreciate your optimism. However, here are some other tidbits buried in HR 1444.

5) The effect on the Nation, on those who serve, and on the families of those who serve, if all individuals in the United States were expected to perform national service or were required to perform a certain amount of national service.

This sounds interesting and familiar. Sign up and get a free education with a curriculum that is chosen by the govt. especially for you.

7) The need for a public service academy, a 4-year institution that offers a federally funded undergraduate education with a focus on training future public sector leaders.

This sounds like indoctrination to me. Not for my children!! My kids learn from our family, church and local civic leaders. My local Kiwanis and Rotary clubs. That is how I learned as a child. I got more involved in philanthropy in college via my fraternity. We dedicated semester after semester to fund raising for Leukemia research and aid for specific local families. We also assisted the local elderly and special needs residents in our college town in a wide variety of ways.

Indoctrination clause.

8) The means to develop awareness of national service and volunteer opportunities at a young age by creating, expanding, and promoting service options for primary and secondary school students and by raising awareness of existing incentives.

This all stinks to me. Why was this pulled out of the original House document?

They will sneak this through just like they weaseled the GIVE act through. By the time HR 1388 made news it was already to late. It was rushed through with very little debate under the cloud veil of the AIG mess and Obama's Dog and Pony Road Show.

The govt. has no place in this arena. Our nation is the hardest working and the most generous of any nation in the world. Citizens who already have little for themselves often give the most to others who need it more. Americans will give the shirts off of their backs and the food from their pantries to those in need.

The last thing this nation needs right now is more bureaucratic red tape and greedy leeches (ACORN) fighting for their share of the $6billion allocated for this Government led Social Experiment. This scam is part of a much larger plan that Obama has for this nation.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I just watched Barack Obama sign the bill with several different pens. This makes a non-binding agreement. It NULLIFIES the bill! The signature must be made in one pen's ink.

The bill is NULL and VOID. You do not have to follow any of it's legislation, ever. And, that will hold up in any court, because it is common law.

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

O-315

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by organism315

I have never heard that. Source?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join