It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests greet Bush's first speech as ex-president

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Can the Canucks delve any lower into the deep reaches of absurdity, and pathetic childish ambitions?

I'm sure that we could - but not all of us Canucks are created equal. I personally love my shoes far too much to throw them at a man bearing the calibre of George Bush.

My first question - What the hell was he doing up here in the first place?

Also, before mentioning the need to arrest an American President (Ex, or Otherwise), maybe you should police your own corrupt Liberal Party for once.

Expressing my personal opinion of your ex-president, is a right I will exercise - especially when he is in my Country for a "visit" and throwing around his words of wisdom.

Expressing my personal opinion of the Thieving Liberals, is a right I will also exercise - especially since I pay taxes, and I am a Canadian Citizen. Thank you for pointing out that we also have corrupt people in power - considering some of our Political Issues get little coverage.

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Can someone explain to me what it is exactly that George Bush did that was so wrong? I just dont get the anger towards him. I can not think of one war crime he commited. Can someone please help me on this?

WTF?!? You're kidding ...... right???

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
So was there an actual shoe "Cannon"?

And does it come in "boot" caliber?

Yes, there is a local dude who actually concocted some sort of device that would shoot shoes. I didn't see it but it's certainly symbolic more than anything else. According to the newscast, it was one of the people dressed in garb that resembled a Guantanamo Bay prisoner who had the cannon. It was quite ingenious, capable of shooting various calibres. Of course the cops took it away before he could blow Bush's head off with a size 10.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This must be where This guy tried to arrest him? Bush that is.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Can the Canucks delve any lower into the deep reaches of absurdity, and pathetic childish ambitions?

I agree with you on that one but for an entirely different reason.
Why lower yourselves on inviting such an imbecile, resentful, evil man to Canada?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA

Welcome to Canada jerkoff.
He goes to Iraq and gets a shoe thrown at him....then he comes here and we throw lots of shoes at him.

Its a good day to be a Canadian.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
When somebody gets to big for their boots then the Canadians throw shoes. Excellent! I would also like to throw something as well - the key to the cell designated for W. Bush. He is a wicked war mongering bastard.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Circle]

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Circle]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

He had grounds to start the war. Iraq was in violation of its peace treaty.

I dont know if it can be proven that he sanctioned torture. I guess it depends on the definition of torture

He didnt ruin the economy. The economy was wrecked by derivatives, the housing market, and a country full of people that want the government to wipe their buts for them. Plus a bunch of congressman who will offer to do it for just one more vote.

He didnt cause 911. It was caused by Osama Bin Laden and his band of merry men.

Bin Laden is an evil genius. He knew how to bring down three towers with two planes!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Seriously, who thought that George Bush doing a public speaking tour immediately after he gets out of office was a good idea? The man was the worst President in American history and destroyed virtually everything he touched and the entire world hates his guts. He's also a horrible public speaker. It's so ridiculous that I almost think there was a conspiracy put forth that George Bush wouldn't be arrested if he humiliated himself like this on a regular basis. It's just gotten so silly that as an American who had to live through the hysteria and backwards philosophy of America it just made me

I just hope the protests get progressively worse and these speaking engagements should he continue become absolute riots. This man at the very least deserves to be shame and discredited for the rest of his life.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I dont believe Bush is evil, although a lot would disagree. I think he was brought up in a world that never had much in common with the real America. He lived with his rich powerful family and probably has never had to wait in line or sit in A&E.

Because of this he couldnt relate with his fellow man. He has a high IQ, but no common sense.

This isnt an excuse for him, I believe he was placed in power (probably with a lot of help) and used by the people who put him there.

I dont think hes a war criminal. Dont listen to everything you hear on the news. I have friends in Iraq and they say most Iraqi's want us there. They are ruled by fear from the taliban and want our help.

Afghanistan is a hell hole and id pull our troops out and nuke the place!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks

Protests greet Bush's first speech as ex-president

news.yahoo.com

CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) – More than 100 protesters chanted "war criminal" and flung shoes in Calgary on Tuesday, angry that former U.S. President George W. Bush was in the Canadian city to give his first speech since leaving the White House.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
watch.ctv.ca
www.youtube.com

Mod edit: Replaced video source and title with an article. Could not find quote in video.
Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Hal9000]

Wow, more than 100 protesters? I would bet there would be way more than that protesting when the Leafs are in town to play the Flames

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
That's right, George, play to your strengths. Public speaking? Oh, you are 'da man'.

If he was sensible in any way, he'd take his riches, move down to Texas and disappear off the political map entirely.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I just wish they could of used the shoe cannon on him. That would of been a great you tube video, and would of defintly been worthy of a shoe monument.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
GOOD on Canada!!! I wonder if Bush will make a repeat visit...? I would bet that more than just myself would laugh whole-heartedly should Georgie get arrested, anywhere. It would be a poetic justice if a 70's draft dodger made the arrest...

Giggity

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What a friggin irony. When he was president he refused to come to Canada first as had been the custom with other presidents. He did his utmost to retaliate against us when we refused to join the Iraq debacle. Now, to make some money, here he comes - and to ultra conservative Alberta.

It is too bad, but as we would risk invasion by the U.S. if we actually did arrest him, he should at least have been refused entry.
This just shows the stupidity of the Calgary chamber's mindset for inviting him.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Why am I ticked off at Bush, why do I consider him a criminal? Well, for one the lies(yellowcake, wmd's, etc.) told to the American people in order to get them on board with a war that we should not have started. Don't get me wrong I would have loved to get the terrorist responsible for 911 as much as the next guy, but the fact is, we knowingly went into the wrong country based on bad intel. The real reasons for choosing Iraq as the battle front for terrorism had nothing to do with the attack on the twin towers.

What makes me really angry is our new policy on torture, and you can redefine torture all you want but it is what it is. Sadly, I no longer see my own country as the good guys, no instead we have become just as bad as the fanatical theocracies we wage war against. How can we blame the terrorist for the means by which they extract intel from our soldiers caught in action while we are doing the same to theirs. You see that is just it, they've been conditioning the public to view the opposing side not as traditional soldiers in a war, but rather as terrorist who do not deserve the humane treatment we have granted to captives of war in the past. I understand most of these are irrational fanatics who probably deserve what they're getting. My concern is what is says about me, as it is my understanding this country represents who we all are as a people or at least it SHOULD as it once DID.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I am telling you what. It makes me want to be canadian. Hell ya to you guys get him and get him good. Justice may be served sooner than later.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
To answer to questions:
He came here because he was invited by a private group to do a speech.
Some radio station mentioned that the attendees paid something like $ 400 cad. to attend.

Goes to show you that not all Canucks are pathetic children and whatever else the poster mentioned. Some of us are really smart and think there is something to be learned from listening to GWB.

Oh, and by the way, the last sentence was ironic in case you’re wondering

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Bush is probably being pushed out there by the Illuminati to continue an active role, as Ex Presidents do. He’s not doing these speeches for the money, that’s for sure. He and Henry Paulson made a fortune during his first term. Kind of like Hillary being coerced to join forces with Obamba, and then coincidentally ending up being his Secretery of State. Shoes flinging in Calgary. Now that’s funny. A good laugh always enlightens my morning.

Maybe after leaving Calgary he'll fly to Mexico to wrap up the North American Union. Obama may add lots of jobs to build NAFTA Superhighway.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

He started a war that didn't have any meaning what so ever. He sanctioned the torture of people in another country. He also ruined the economy by allowing Wall Street to run freely and make up the rules as we go along.

He killed like 5000 of his own citizens if you're a 9/11 believer. He spied on his own citizens illegally and then passed legislation making those countries immune to any prosecution.

Need I go on?

~Keeper

No he didn't. No he didn't. No he didn't.

And no he didn't.

And if you want to argue the case, I say prove it in a court of law.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by sos37]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join