It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests greet Bush's first speech as ex-president

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Protests greet Bush's first speech as ex-president

news.yahoo.com

CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) – More than 100 protesters chanted "war criminal" and flung shoes in Calgary on Tuesday, angry that former U.S. President George W. Bush was in the Canadian city to give his first speech since leaving the White House.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
watch.ctv.ca
www.youtube.com

Mod edit: Replaced video source and title with an article. Could not find quote in video.
Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

Mod Note: Please do not edit posts after staff has made a correction.

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Hal9000]

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Albertarocks]

[edit on 3/18/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
George Bush came to Calgary Monday for a speaking engagement and was reminded by angry protesters that he needs to be arrested. The news link unfortunately contains a 20 second commercial that you'll have to endure if you'd like to see the CTV news coverage.

This report downplays the anger in the crowd and fails to mention that some of the residents of Calgary came with boxes of ammunition (shoes), which they hurled at Bush and a large picture of him that had been positioned on the street.

Calgarians liked the shoe idea because apparently in the Muslim world, that's a heck of an insult. And insults were exactly what Calgarians had in mind. They also reminded politicians that by Canadian law, Bush must be arrested simply on grounds of "suspicion" that he may have committed war crimes and that he must be put to trial. Unfortunately that arrest isn't likely to happen.

When Bush visited Canada in 2004, he was deemed "immune" to arrest because he was the current president of the USA. Today he is just another thug, so the arrest should have happened. By Canadian law, it must.

Olberman also did a nice piece with a Canadian lawyer who is pushing for Bush's arrest.

watch.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This just made my day. Makes me proud to be a Canadian I tell you!

Good ol' George, thinks he can come speak in our country of all places. He dragged us through 8 years of backwards politics that almost destroyed our own economic system.

But anyway, it's nice to see that we pay attention to international news and some people have the gulls to do it.

Long Live Canada.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The saga continues.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So was there an actual shoe "Cannon"?

And does it come in "boot" caliber?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA,

ditto, this just made my day.

Bush gets the foot up his *BEEEEEEP*

HA HA HA HA

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks

George Bush came to Calgary Monday for a speaking engagement and was reminded by angry protesters that he needs to be arrested.

For the life of me, I can't figure out who in their right mind would invite him to a speaking engagement!

Who cares what he has to say anymore, about anything!

Sad thing is, he probably got paid to speak, so I hope the crowd had enough shoes to hurl at whomever hired him!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

i may organize games like this at the next protest... throw a shoue... get you picture taken!
to be continued

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jb0311NY
reply to post by Scarcer

i may organize games like this at the next protest... throw a shoue... get you picture taken!
to be continued

Put a Bush impersonator in a dunk tank and have patrons throw shoes at the target.

I'd pay to do it. I'd even bring my own shoes.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me what it is exactly that George Bush did that was so wrong? I just dont get the anger towards him. I can not think of one war crime he commited. Can someone please help me on this?

[edit on 17-3-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

He started a war that didn't have any meaning what so ever. He sanctioned the torture of people in another country. He also ruined the economy by allowing Wall Street to run freely and make up the rules as we go along.

He killed like 5000 of his own citizens if you're a 9/11 believer. He spied on his own citizens illegally and then passed legislation making those countries immune to any prosecution.

Need I go on?

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Kieth Olberman talks again tonight about Bush being in Canada and raises the point that he is "arrestable'.

Personally, I think the Canadians should nab him right now and get on with the the crucifixion.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I hope this link takes you directly to Mr. Olberman's video article, and that you don't have to search for it on this link to MSNBC. If you have to search for this particular article, it's entitled "Canada Blames Bush".

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
He had grounds to start the war. Iraq was in violation of its peace treaty.

I dont know if it can be proven that he sanctioned torture. I guess it depends on the definition of torture

He didnt ruin the economy. The economy was wrecked by derivatives, the housing market, and a country full of people that want the government to wipe their buts for them. Plus a bunch of congressman who will offer to do it for just one more vote.

He didnt cause 911. It was caused by Osama Bin Laden and his band of merry men.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I hope this man lives out his days in constant fear and saddness that the entire world hates him, and wants him arrested.

Surely he knows, one day something will emerge that shows his involvement in lies, 911, iraq etc etc.

Mark my words, One day I will raise my glass and toaste to the arrest and incarceration of George.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Now I will give you that he let way too many spending bills pass, and he created a few too many of his own. I will give you that he could have been a way better communicator. But none of that is criminal.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Can someone explain to me what it is exactly that George Bush did that was so wrong? I just dont get the anger towards him. I can not think of one war crime he commited. Can someone please help me on this?

[edit on 17-3-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

Have you ever heard of the Iraq war? Well unless you've been living in a cave, you'd have heard by now that the war was launched because they said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. They went into Iraq based on that pack of lies supposedly with the intention of "getting" Saddam Hussein.

They got him. They quickly and illegaly hung him. So what are they still doing in Iraq? What in hell are they doing there? They're just over there murdering people and and destroying every piece of infrastructure they can find. There's no reason. There's no enemy. There's just a bunch of innocent people trying to defend their country from these invading basterd warmongering barbarians.

So I think it's time Canadians gave Bush some of his own medicine and legally hung him. Oh that's right. Canada will not put to death even the worst criminals. Hang him from his bush then for the rest of his natural life.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So does that mean that any country's leaders that sided with him and sent troops and intelligence assets to participate in this "atrocity" should be labeled as such as well? Better line up Britian, Canada, France, Poland...etc. etc. I can tell you at the Hague during WW2 just following orders wasn't a defense.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

Good video.

Thanks for the link.

He made a good choice in going to Calgary that's for sure. Alberta is as reform...ahem...I mean conservative as they come.
I have a feeling the protest would have been substantially larger if he decided to drop in to oh...I don't know...Toronto. His whole plane would have pelted with shoes.

I'm still wondering, who would actually pay $400 to see this clown speak? He's pretty much the worlds' pariah now.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by kommunist]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

He didnt ruin the economy. The economy was wrecked by derivatives, the housing market, and a country full of people that want the government to wipe their buts for them. Plus a bunch of congressman who will offer to do it for just one more vote.

Bush ruined the economy by deregulating the banking industry and wall st. thieves. Google is your friend.

www.atlanticfreepress.com...

Who are these Bush apologist that come out of the woodwork, try a little driveby posting and then disappear?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks

George Bush came to Calgary Monday for a speaking engagement and was reminded by angry protesters that he needs to be arrested. The news link unfortunately contains a 20 second commercial that you'll have to endure if you'd like to see the CTV news coverage.

When Bush visited Canada in 2004, he was deemed "immune" to arrest because he was the current president of the USA. Today he is just another thug, so the arrest should have happened. By Canadian law, it must.

Olberman also did a nice piece with a Canadian lawyer who is pushing for Bush's arrest.

Can the Canucks delve any lower into the deep reaches of absurdity, and pathetic childish ambitions?

Grow up, and get a life.

Also, before mentioning the need to arrest an American President (Ex, or Otherwise), maybe you should police your own corrupt Liberal Party for once.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join