It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests greet Bush's first speech as ex-president

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

He started a war that didn't have any meaning what so ever.

Yes it did. If the real Iraqis were so against it then why so many went to the polls in stagering numbers even when the insurgents/terrorists were attacking Iraqis in polls, and commiting suicide attacks to stop the polls?

Why did most of the tribes in Iraq, and even outside Iraq united to fight against Insurgents/terrorists?

Most Tribes in Anbar Agree to Unite Against Insurgents

By KHALID AL-ANSARY and ALI ADEEB
Published: September 18, 2006

BAGHDAD, Sept. 17 — Nearly all the tribes from Iraq’s volatile Sunni-dominated Anbar Province have agreed to join forces and fight Al Qaeda insurgents and other foreign-backed “terrorists,” an influential tribal leader said Sunday. Iraqi government leaders encouraged the movement.

Twenty-five of about 31 tribes in Anbar, a vast, mostly desert region that stretches westward from Baghdad to the borders of Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia, have united against insurgents and gangs that are “killing people for no reason,” said the tribal leader, Sheik Abdul Sattar Buzaigh al-Rishawi.

www.nytimes.com...

He sanctioned the torture of people in another country.

The terrorists used worse forms of torture, and even thou it is immoral, wars are not moral in the least.

He also ruined the economy by allowing Wall Street to run freely and make up the rules as we go along.

He didn't. It was Clinton who signed the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act in 1999, destroying the safeguards against another Depression.

According to the Constitution the only form of government that is guaranteed to all states is/should be a Republican form of government...

Remember that this is a Representative REPUBLIC....

He killed like 5000 of his own citizens if you're a 9/11 believer. He spied on his own citizens illegally and then passed legislation making those countries immune to any prosecution.

He didn't. The claims that it was a demolition are not sound. There is no real proof of this. Even on videos you can also see that WTC 7 also collapsed in parts, not in the form of a demolition.

Need I go on?
~Keeper

Please do try. If some of the corruption charges are true, then ex-president Bush should awnser for them. But the war was neither illegal, and it wasn't because of ex-president Bush that we are in the current economic mess.

There were things he did he shouldn't have done, and things he shouldn't have said.

If there are Americans, and there are a few, who have/had terrorist ties we should make sure those people are not free to do as they please. however.

Do you know that there are at least 35 Islamic extremist camps in the United States and we can't do anything against them until they commit an act of terrorism because "mainly" the left has given more rights to the criminals than to the law abiding?...

Yes, even the Republican party has deviaded in many ways from what our forefathers envisioned, but this has happened because policies, and programs have been implemented by many Democrat administrations which were made legal and which slowly deviated our Representative Republic into a Democracy in which the CORPORATION will be in power if certain bills are approved by the mayority Democrat House.

Yes, there are/were Republicans who are corrupt, and have done things that shouldn't have happened, even though at the time it seemed as one of the only ways. But a Republican form of government as envisioned by our forefathers is the only one guaranteed by our Constitution, and guarantees the Republic to be a Representative Republic...

Mod Edit: Use External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/18/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

U.S. Constitution - Article 4 Section 4

Article 4 - The States
Section 4 - Republican Government

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

www.usconstitution.net...

Why is it that we have a Democrat party, and why even the Republican party has deviated in some ways from what it is, and was intended to be is a looooog story.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

Mod Edit: Use External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A question sos. If this thread were about, oh, let's say Jimmy Carter, Clinton even, would you be supporting the protesters?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
BTW, I am not condoning corrupt Republicans. If there is "real proof" of corruption they, as everyone else should awnser to the law.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
Meh.
I still don't get why all the anger is on one man.
America isn't a monarchy.
Everyone is focusing all their anger at Bush and not realizing that the problem still exists, and it doesn't lie on one man.
It just seems incredibly... what's the word... shortsighted.

My point exactly....Canada is no better we just havnt shown our true colors yet, Bush shouldnt of gotten in to canada, period.
Weve been had.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
A question sos. If this thread were about, oh, let's say Jimmy Carter, Clinton even, would you be supporting the protesters?

No. Neither one of those guys did anything to spark such outrage and shoe-throwing either, unless you think cheating on your wife with a White-House intern is something that would justify American hatred in a president. Yes, Clinton lied straight-faced to America about his affair, but that doesn't make me hate the man and want to see him killed or his family hurt like some people here on ATS have commented on Bush. It just makes me question what else he's capable of lying to the American people about with a straight face. I don't trust Hilary any further than I could throw her, but that doesn't make me hate the woman or wish her physical harm, either.

This is an example of a man I would expect the world to boo and throw shoes at if he had ever made a public speaking appearance when he was alive.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Can the Canucks delve any lower into the deep reaches of absurdity, and pathetic childish ambitions?

Grow up, and get a life.

Also, before mentioning the need to arrest an American President (Ex, or Otherwise), maybe you should police your own corrupt Liberal Party for once.

Wow, is all I have to say. I'll admit our Liberal Party #ed up and dished out somethin like 150 million to Liberal friendly marketing and advertising firms, that's a disgrace. How about the lesser known scandal that followed suit with the Conservative Party? When the Ad Scandal first got out, Harper (the leader of Opposition at the time) attempted not once, but TWICE two have a vote of no-confidence within our Parliament to oust the Libs. How did he do it the second time? How about offer Chuck Cadman, (an Independent MP who's vote made all the difference) a million dollar life insurance policy because he was months away from dying of skin cancer! It is ironic that Stephen Harper and the Conservative Party found themselves accused of breaking rules in an election campaign that they had won for their promises of more government integrity and ethical behavior.

But regardless...neither of these parties even came CLOSE to the corruption of Bush's administration. I will agree with all of you who claim that we can't focus our hate on one man, because it wasn't just him. You're absolutely right that Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the rest of his cabinet all are just as accountable. As well as the elite bankers who run the show from behind the curtains (good luck ever prosecuting Rockefeller). The bottom line is, that doesn't make Bush LESS guilty.

As for those people who are saying 9/11 wasn't an inside job and that that is ridiculous, look up the think-tank PNAC (project for a new american century). They knew that in order to keep America the global powerhouse that it is, they needed Iraq's untapped oil fields. But they were also aware of the fact that it wouldn't be possible to get any of it without some form of catastrophic event. Who ran PNAC? Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Jeb Bush, and Lewis Libby. Right before the invasion of Iraq, the UN was about to lift sanctions on Iraq, and they had already promised their oilfields to companies in Russia, China, France, and even Canada. At that point Iraq weren't an evil force to be reckoned with,(and I am in no way condoning Hussein's actions) they were a crippled, penniless regime that needed to start selling their oil to other countries to survive. If 9/11 hadn't happened, you wouldn't be in Iraq.

It's easy to make the of 9/11 being an inside job sound ridiculous, because it automatically makes it sound like Bush set this all up. They didn't do the dirty work on it...they just did absolutely EVERYTHING in their power to pretend like they didn't see it coming. They LET them do it. If you have Agencies like the CIA and FBI that have the technology to know exactly what's going on everywhere in world, they definitely knew it was coming.

Now these men reap the benefits of millions of dollars in retirement funds (and still growing)from murder of thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians, and you guys are going to have the nerve to ask what did they do wrong?

Side note: There would be thousands more protesters in ANY other major city in Canada other than Calgary or Edmonton. They're Canada's conservative headquarters, which is obvious why Bush chose there rather than say Ottawa or Toronto. I'm still proud that there were a lot of people out there protesting in Canada's most right-wing city, makes me proud to be Canadian.

Mod edit: Fixed quote.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Canada's Aid to the U.S. Effort
Canada has aided the United States in the following ways.

Canada helps train police and army officers in post-war Iraq.
Jean-Pierre Kingsley (a Canadian), served as head of the international team observing the Iraqi legislative election, January, 2005.
In the summer of 2005, A group of Canadian experts was sent to help Iraq write its new constitution, including former Ontario premier Bob Rae. Both of these groups were based in Jordan due to security concerns.
Canada did allow its NORAD stationed Air Force members to fly combat missions and deploy with the USAF E-3 AWACS during the war and allowed its exchange officers in the Army, Navy, and Air Force to deploy and fight with their US units. 40-50 Canadian Military Members participated in the conflict, the majority flying on the E-3 AWACS, based out of Tinker AFB, OK, where they are stationed as part of NORAD.

Canada's Iraq involvement

Yes the number is small but Canada still got it's hands dirty. And as for other countries being duped by U.S. Intelligence reports, so everyone RELIES on our intelligence and does NOTHING to verify or debunk these reports? No other country involved in the "atrocity" had access to it's own intelligence assets and solely relies on U.S. intelligence to tell tehm what is going on in the world.......riiiiiiiigggghhhhhtttttt

Btw: edit previous post on page one to remove Hague and insert Nuremburg

[edit on 18-3-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think it's hypocritical of Canadians to act like this when serious injustices have taken place right under their own noses and by people in their own judicial system while the Canadian governement stands by and does nothing.

As much as I don't care for the GWB Admin's actions, I take the position that Canadians should clean up your own judicial system before thinking about putting US citizens on trial in their country. In Canada, you have judges that ignore the law, the Charter, rules of evidence, etc. I have a Rant on BTS regarding Film Censorship in Canada if you want proof. I would link to it but I don't know if that would violate the rules.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
reply to post by Solomons

Exactly. Well said.
I don't think the majority understands the real problem.
Focusing all your anger at 1 man makes it seem as though the problem is fixed.

Yay. We got rid of 1 out of 109289845 corrupt politicians and business men. Let's still focus our anger on that 1 rather than the 109289845 who are still in office and running our country...

Right now I don't think it is simply about putting 1 man behind bars. Right now the focus is to send the message that we KNOW what is going on. To send a message we need to bring the puppets down first. Once that happens we can begin to follow the strings to the real puppet masters. But if we try to take on ALL of the corrupt at once we will never make a dent. Start at the bottom (where Bush and Cheney and the likes are) and work our way up the strings.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I believe the first person to almost derail Canadas government & economy was actually a group of people namely, the Rolling Stones whenever they decided to eat from the buffet that was Margaret Trudueau. Oh & Keith Richards bought off one of the honorable Canadian Judges on a Heroin Trafficing charge, how quaint.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Go Canadians go!!!! Though I can't be there in body, in spirit I join with the shoe throwing and have my bullhorn out completely. I'm also happy to see many of the protestors are well informed by alternative news sources in Canada, but then some of the things CBC mentions aren't on US news. Also, I was surprised when I started talking to my sons friend's mother, that she knew all about nwo, fema camps, microchips and seemed fully comprehending. More people in my own home town are aware than I thought.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
I think it's hypocritical of Canadians to act like this when serious injustices have taken place right under their own noses and by people in their own judicial system while the Canadian governement stands by and does nothing.

You are right John Matrix. Canadians don't at all profess things are perfect here. Yes, our own government is also party to the NWO agenda. We all wish our leaders in power would show some true Canadian balls (snowballs if you like) and refuse to take orders from the oligarchs. But if they did that, the repercussions from the powerful banking sector (IMF) would be crushing. None-the-less, I wish our leaders would man up... and we suffer the consequences if need be. In the end, Canada (and all countries if we stood together) would be better off.

Most countries are very friendly with Canada and if Canada just stood up and took a defiant stance... it would be noticed all around the world. We might suffer the wrath, but it's better than what's coming down the pipe if we do nothing. Alas, I fear such a wish is just that... a dream.

This protest isn't so much against Bush personally. It's a protest aimed directly at the NWO bastards and to awaken our brothers that tyranny is upon us. It's all about 'awakening' the sleepers.
www.infowars.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
bush is innocent of all of this and time will show it.

the iraq war is not illegal, congress keeps voting to keep it going
Iraq is not full of "innocents" defending their country. there is nothing to

defend against considering that the US is not in there committing war crimes

Saddam hussein killed his own people and was the biggest genocider of his time, that reason alone should have caused an invasion

i will laugh everyday that he is out free.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I keep hearing on here, about how Bush was just a frontman, Puppet, he was a ignorant man.

But then I hear, he constructed these huge conspiracies, and spent all his time coniving, and passing secret bills.

And when did all this talk start up about abusing and torturing, if you don't want Guantanomo inmates tortured, then why even imply the crucifiction of W. Bush.

For me, I was fine with his slightly less then trillion dollar debt, I can deal with wiretappings, im not doing anything wrong.

Though I can't deal with a nearly 2 trillion dollar debt, and the possible mandatory volunteer work, a 450 billion dollar earmark (imperfect, but, oh what the hell I need something to sign).

I feel personally, that the more we look and blame Bush, is like staring at the ground while instead we should be dodging meteors in the sky.

Of all thats going on today people are protesting an Ex President, Closing down of Starbucks (remember). C'mon people.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You act as though Bush is the first U.S president to ever do these things. Other leaders throughout history across the globe have made what Bush did look like child's play. Read up on stuff our past commander in chiefs have done that goes against what the United States stood for. I have never agreed with both wars, and have always been against war, but at least the Iraqi's don't have Saddam running their lives. He killed millions of his own people with his son's adding onto the body counts. In different countries throughout Africa, genocides pretty much go unnoticed by the international press, but no one ever says that those leaders need to be arrested. But then again, no one cares about Africa right?

I'd also like to see how it would turn out for Canada if they had arrested Bush. Many Americans may not like him, but I highly doubt that many citizens would like it that some other country detained one of our ex presidents. Besides, for those Canadians that feel all this pride about this protest, wasn't it your own leaders that put your country into "our mess"? Maybe you guys are throwing shoes at the wrong person. Hating Bush is popular right now, but once the dust settles, no one will really care.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Google is your friend.

Google is not your friend, they are leading the way in censorship of the Internet. That is why Google CEO Eric Schmidt was at the last Bilderberg meeting.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by itinerantseeker
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'd also like to see how it would turn out for Canada if they had arrested Bush. Many Americans may not like him, but I highly doubt that many citizens would like it that some other country detained one of our ex presidents.

Our leaders don't have the courage to follow our own laws, otherwise Bush would indeed be arrested.

I doesn't matter whether Americans would like it or not if we arrested Bush. The law is the law, and Bush must be arrested according to the laws of most countries. And to tell you the truth, I don't think many Americans would get after us too much if it happened. But I do understand why you say that and I don't really blame you for it.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Originally posted by whaaa
Google is your friend.

Google is not your friend, they are leading the way in censorship of the Internet. That is why Google CEO Eric Schmidt was at the last Bilderberg meeting.

BINGO! Star this guy's (Diplomat's) post. It's critical that we spread the word on the issue of internet sanctity. They are truly planning on censoring the internet and if they do, sites like ATS will absolutely be banned.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Can the Canucks delve any lower into the deep reaches of absurdity, and pathetic childish ambitions?

I'm sure that we could - but not all of us Canucks are created equal. I personally love my shoes far too much to throw them at a man bearing the calibre of George Bush.

My first question - What the hell was he doing up here in the first place?

Also, before mentioning the need to arrest an American President (Ex, or Otherwise), maybe you should police your own corrupt Liberal Party for once.

Expressing my personal opinion of your ex-president, is a right I will exercise - especially when he is in my Country for a "visit" and throwing around his words of wisdom.

Expressing my personal opinion of the Thieving Liberals, is a right I will also exercise - especially since I pay taxes, and I am a Canadian Citizen. Thank you for pointing out that we also have corrupt people in power - considering some of our Political Issues get little coverage.

- Carrot

I personally have no problem with Canadians in general, but I simply digress with the idea that many of the allegations being leveled against our Ex-President involve issues with American Citizens, and little else. We have a right to Criticize, Cheer, Celebrate or Deride any decisions which effect us, but I do believe that President Bush has done very little to cause any harm towards the Citizens of Canada. He in fact increased the Commerce between our two Nations, and for that alone he should be given some acknowledgment.

Even if I disagreed with the Policies or Actions of your Canadian Prime Minister, I would still treat him with the deserved dignity and respect so granted to him by his status as the rightful leader of your Nation (Ex, or Current), and as a guest of the United States.

Maybe it is just me, but I believe in Hospitality and Decency, especially when it involves a Respectful Neighboring Nation, and Ally.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join