It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lose your property for growing food?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There is only so much more the people will take.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

You want to do something, start calling, e-mailing and writing you government representatives in congress about the scam this people are running.

This is nothing than another corporate control pusher kissing up to their masters in the private interest group.

fight it people, I am going to e-mail against this Right now.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is very disturbing news, I had heard about some of this activity but now see it is accelerating.
If the Corporation Monsanto and the FDA join this destruction of basic human rights, the ability to grow their own food , it will lead to more uprisings by the States to rebuke Federal Authority.
We are at a tipping point and I think it was started many years ago, these plans have time constraints.This is the final stage.

Just like the mythical Sky-Net in Terminator. The machines are coming to takeover humankind and are leading us to our doom.

REBEL!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Well I did my duty I send two -emails telling my representatives what I feel abou thtis bill.

This is a link to a site that will help you people tell your representatives how you feel.

www.congress.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is for commercial growers, that intend to sell their products and not just home owners or etc who eat their own produce. Of course some of the rules and regulations are really 'out there', but when your buying from some market or farm, you expect better than supermarket food. I mean why bother with local home grown stuff, if your supermarket gives you better.

But there is in no way any statement that is being made that states if you grow your own food etc, you will be regulated. Its commercial produce, which in itself is another problem. I heavily suspect that its competition time for the big guys who don't want the little people selling their produce, without a teeth and fist fight.

But thats how its always been hasn't it? The big guys bully, and create rules in order that the little ones need to go to lengths.

As a farmer though these would apply to you (If you intend to sell the produce), not as your title suggests that growing your own food would result in all those legislations.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

It’s interesting that the government would do this to protect the public, yet have the authority to come and take your food at the same time. When the food shortage hits we may see Feds in our back yards. At this time if every man, woman and child in the US ate the recommended portions of fruits and vegetables recommended by the USDA there would not be enough food. I live in Washington State. We already have too many food regulations. There are apple quarantine signs everywhere, especially the closer to Canada you get. I think by law we may also be required to have the RFID chip in all livestock, including chickens. I'm sure I read the Feds have the right to take all our personal belongings, under HR6 I believe. Freedom?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Also Nelllis can be ruled out as a Fema Concentration camp. No trains or barbed wire fences there.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sorry wrong post on the above Nellis Air Force Base and runways. Sorry about that.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Lol I had a laugh then, I was thinking you were actually replying to this thread
But yes I think concentration camps as punishment for people growing food would be really a big sign of bad things to come ;P

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I hope they really DON'T put an RFID chip in chickens, think of how many Americans will choke to death as they tuck into their KFC bargain buckets or MaccyD's nuggets.
Thinking about it , they should be alright though , as there's no real chickens in any of their products.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
wow, these new laws remind me of fascism. Sometimes I feel its already here and we are writing the future history books right now. Can only hope the masses wake up soon before they do something even greater.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aoxoa

That is why I oppose to this stupid control fascist bill, I live in the south, I support local growers and local markets that is what is left over in my neck of the woods.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Like I said in a different thread I have been farming organically for years and I have never had any problems, most cops in my area know me well (how could they miss me I'm 6'3" and 345 lbs of pure organic muscle). Just let me say this I'm a pretty peaceful guy but when it comes to my way of life and some girlie feds show up and start dictating to me how I should grow my food, they'll get a well deserved lesson in civil law that they'll never forget!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
well we(my family) have an organic plot leased by the town.....

WE WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR TRYANNY

WE WILL WIN
THE NWO IS SCUM
YOUR PUPPET SHADOW GOVT IS BEING EXPOSED AND IT WILL BE DECAPITATED

death to the New World Order

Your really thinking that this is acceptable? We will not take your GMO, your beast,. your death trap

ARRGH

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

That's funny, good point, however the insert the chip under the skin of the neck. I dont know if KFC uses all body parts to make their top secret Recipe. Ive read they use every part of the animal and waste nothing. Food for thought, no punn intended.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If mods could delete, sorry.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Space_Fetus]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
DP

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Space_Fetus]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

this can't be passed......theres no way........there would be an instant revolution, i mean think of how many people have small gardens or are medicinal marijuana users (there "gardens" would also fall under this bill). millions of people have small gardens, even people in apartments grow food on their porch and windowsills. this is INSANE.

thinking about it....in canadian law the maximum sentence for a non-gang related marijuana grow operation is 2 years in prison, a $14,000 fine and 2500 hours of community service.......thats for 1200+ plants.
how many years in prison will you get if you cant pay $1,000,000? 20 years?

if this does pass, there WILL be bloodshed. that can be taken as a promise.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Infadel]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The Organic food industry does need some regulations, as many of the larger companies are trying to get around the organic "rules", and have even done a good job of getting around the rules. Their are companies who are "defrauding" people by claiming their foods are organic, when they are not. Also their are regulations in place which allow a year for "conversion", especially in the milk industry. So I have had to research and find the companies that are actually doing what they say they are.

Provisions allowing up to 20-percent non-organic feed in the first nine months of a dairy herd's one-year conversion

www.organicconsumers.org...

I don't think this should be allowed, a farmer should, within this conversion year, sell the milk as non organic.

So, I think we do need some added regulations in place, but the fact that Monsanto is involved, tells me this can't be a good one.

www.organicconsumers.org...

Involving Monsanto, Kelloggs uses genetically altered beets for sugar for their foods. So I have a second reason to "boycott" Kelloggs.

The World According to Monsanto

90% of GMO's belong to Monsanto "Monsanto, where creative chemistry works for you"
They hold 70-100% market share for various crops.

Roundup, a Monsanto product, don't use it.

Who created "agent orange"? Monsanto, who created aspartame? Monsanto Bovine growth hormone? Monsanto

Monsanto Hid Decades Of Pollution

January 1, 2002 Monsanto Co. routinely discharged toxic waste into a west Anniston creek and dumped millions of pounds of PCBs into oozing open-pit landfills. And thousands of pages of Monsanto documents -- many emblazoned with warnings such as "CONFIDENTIAL: Read and Destroy" -- show that for decades, the corporate giant concealed what it did and what it knew.

"We can't afford to lose one dollar of business,"

The 1940s saw Monsanto become a leading manufacturer of plastics, including polystyrene, and synthetic fibers. Since then, it has remained one of the top 10 US chemical companies. Other major products have included the herbicides 2,4,5-T, DDT, and Agent Orange used primarily during the Vietnam War as a deforestation agent (and later proven to be highly carcinogenic to any who come into contact with the solution), the excitotoxin aspartame (NutraSweet), bovine somatotropin (bovine growth hormone (BST), and PCBs

To top it off

As of February 2005, Monsanto has patent claims on breeding techniques for pigs which would grant them ownership of any pigs born of such techniques and their related herds.

MON863 liver and kidney toxicity MON863 is a variety of maize genetically engineered to be resistant to corn rootworm[19] and intended for human consumption. A statistical analysis conducted on results of a Monsanto 90-day feeding study by Gilles-Eric Seralini, Dominique Cellier, and Joel Spiroux de Vendomois found it increased triglycerides in female rats by 20-40%, caused increased weight gain in female rats of 3.7%, a decrease in male rat weight of 3.3%, and increased certain indicators associated with liver and kidney toxicity.[20] Both Monsanto experts, and independent toxicology experts attached to research institutions and food safety authorities internationally did not indicate statistically significant adverse effects. The European Food Safety Authority has found that "the placing on the market of MON863 is unlikely to have an adverse effect on human and animal health or the environment in the context of its proposed use."[21] MON863 grain is approved for human consumption in Japan, Mexico, Canada, South Korea, Taiwan, the United States and the European Union.[22][23]

Monsanto is out for one thing, to make money and they don't care who gets hurt in the process.

Monsanto's brand of rBST, Posilac, has recently (March 2008) been the focus for a pro-rBST advocacy group called AFACT, made up of large dairy business conglomerates and closely affiliated with Monsanto itself. This group, whose acronym stands for American Farmers for the Advancement and Conservation of Technology, has engaged in large-scale lobbying efforts at the state level to prevent milk which is rBST-free from being labeled as such. As milk labeled as hormone-free has proved enormously popular with consumers, the primary justification by Afact for their efforts has been that rBST is approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and that the popularity of milk sold without it is damaging what they claim to be the right of dairy producers to use a technology that maximizes their profits. Monsanto claims that labeling of hormone-free milk takes advantage of consumers by allowing higher prices for the milk by suggesting that it is "better" or "safer" than BST milk, when in fact, there is no difference. Monsanto is requesting that companies that advertise their milk as "rBST-free" be required to add the FDA label claiming that rBST has been found safe for human consumption and no differences exist between hormone and hormone-free milk.

Well, I would say STOP USING rBST, and then you won't have customers buying different products.

Basically, for me anything that Monsanto has their "hands" into, cannot be a good thing.

Hope I did not quote from too many sources.

Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I actually agree with this. The aim is food safety. They want to ensure that if you are selling people food you are growing and treating it properly. All it entails is keeping track of what you use as fertilizer, insecticides, etc. A diary of a kind.

If you aren't going to sell the food it does not apply.

Again much ado about nothing. Farmers markets are going no where, you can just be ensured that the food you buy there is grown under accepted standards.

To say that you can't have a backyard garden is such a reach that it is not even worth discussing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join