It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lose your property for growing food?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nineteen

Kissinger may have said it, but it's been true for centuries - from the beginning of agraraian society.

As for the new paradigm, we can turn the tide right now.

Some people are starting to speak up about excessive intrusion and control.

Unfortunately, the majority appear to be content to just exist and go along for the ride.

I've spoken out and let my reps. know what I think. I hope everyone posting here does the same.

jw

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This wouldn't apply to the home garden. Just anybody growing and selling food commercially.

If this is the result of all the poisonings we have recently, it should go the other way and that small local farms should be encouraged to produce locally instead of mega farms that are shipping and killing people all over the us. keep the food local, you keep the problems local.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I'm not a farmer, but I own land. I have livestock and a pecan orchard and sell the offspring and pecans each year. That brings me within the statute.

If you know the filburn case, you know that you DON'T have to sell to be included in the feds reach. Filburn was a farmer, but was sued by the gov't because of what he DIDN'T SELL, but kept for his own consumption at home!

They're coming, one step at a time.

jw

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
As I read all of these posts I see some mild irritation with this proposed legislation. However, I think this is one of the most significant issues put to the U.S. in years...This could easily be the beginning of food control! You can quell a lot of uprising by just cutting off their food supply...catch my drift. This is big and has to be stopped cold.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixDemon

Absolutley. At first, I thought they were going to go after ranchers first with methane taxes on livestock ( no joke, this is still pending) and EPA regs and reports.

But this has far-reaching implications. The intrusion into my pantry or garden is way too far for me. Even going after "farmers" who contribure their jams, jellies, salsas and candy at fairs and 'farmers markets' are about to get chopped at the knees and most people don't see it coming!

I've spoken out, but we need to DO something.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
If a small grower is selling within his state the feds have no authority whatsoever.

This is America. What, pray tell, does the 'law' have to do with the governments actions?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
like others here have pointed out, this is a bill is almost certainly lobbied by monsanto to make sure that their seeds are used by farmers and that is the only seed that is used.

Watch it people
The world according to monsanto

These people are evil and are the exact reason BillG and such have seed banks.

[edit on 18/3/2009 by spitefulgod]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Isn't that why there are sooo many senators so that the majority of senators
must be in aggreance to pass it. Any senator that doesn't support it can
expect a large donation from monsanto. So the whole Idea of the Senate
is pointless, it not about right,wrong but who's got the sack of money.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Why does it not surprise me that Monsanto is sponsoring this thing?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Striker122

Makes all the sense in the world, doesn't it?

You have to wonder why they go through the sham and don't just take the Senate seat themselves. Sure looks like they already own it!

jw

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Monsanto food is people!

I wish their company would burn to the ground.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
this is complete crap.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
No matter what we the people will not let any one else, or any government interfear in our right to grow floweres, vegetables or food....and the sooner we come together in unison to allow hemp the better we will be.

Take the pledge. I will grow carrots, onions, taters, peas, lettuce etc... and it's my property, so get the hell off!!!!

Is this even serious? come on, i know that hemp is an issue, but onions taters and corn????

like I say, try and step foot on my property and dig up my spuds!!! you ,may find some holes in yo' shoets

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It seems to me that in this bad economy that they wouldnt be doing this. The small farmers that sell at farmers markets are just trying to make a living and pay there Bills like the rest of us want to do. What ticks me off though. Is that they will do crap like this yet allow imported foods in here that may kill us. Or even give us cancer, and they dont check all of those imported crops.

My husband and I always grow some extra food. We also make home made butter and I sell it. So I guess if its not full of all of those preservatives and junk they pump the store bought food full of I will have to pay tons of fines. I dont freaken think so.

This country is going to pot fast. People need to wake up and realize what the government is doing. What next the will make us start paying taxes on yard sale items? If they do I promise you right now I will be at the front of the line to kick some booty.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

If you watch C-Span, or read Politico, you will see that the CEO of Kellogg has now become the spokesperson/patsy for this subterfuge.

He is to appear before Congress and speak of the need for "food safety protections" and "inspections and reports" for everyone involved in providing food to the public.

Of course, Kellogg can afford an extra staffer and will benfit from reduced competition for it and its subsidiaries' products, most of which fall into the category of "JUNK FOOD!"

What a crock!

It is coming closer every day.

The "GIVE" program ("mandatory community service") has passed the House.

These programs, one-by-one, are slipping through while our attention is diverted.

(e.g., BHO Administration:'They got bonuses?' 'They got bonuses!' 'How did they get bonuses?' 'We gave them bonuses.' 'Oh, nevermind.')

Deny ignorance!

jw

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
These sort of control freaks for the sake of having it all are a never ending source of amazement. What can one say when beholding this level of greed.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

You can speak out before they pass this one behind our backs, too.

People are trying to make themselves heard, for what it's worth.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

jw

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here's a nice, incredible slap in the face for ALL of us.

Obamas to have a garden- like the rest of us wont be able to.

The initiative will be welcomed by advocates of the eat local movement such as Kitchen Gardeners International, a coalition of gardeners whose mission is to inspire and teach people to grow their own food.

Meanwhile, congress is making sure ya cant eat it, sell it, share it, ect...

[edit on 20-3-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Putting the hypocrisy directly in our faces is to be expected.

When BHO can make public statements and act exactly to the contrary, what stops him?

As with AIG bonuses, the Administration was 100% responsible (according to Geithner and Dodd), but Obama says he didn't know.

It will continue this way as long as we let it: Say one thing; do the opposite.

Deny Ignorance.

jw

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I see a very long table with nothing but white bowls, and emotionless robotic sheep eating the same drippy slop. With a few of us running around trying to wake the people up, while they dip aimlessly into the bowl, all with matching spoons to get a bite. That is, if you don't do something about it.

Don't let this be your future. Take care of the bullies down before they grow too big.

Troy

[edit on 20-3-2009 by cybertroy]

[edit on 20-3-2009 by cybertroy]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join