It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Founding Fathers have already told us how to solve our problems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

When will Americans wake up our goverment has become destructive, and more so with every day I think this Snipit from the Decloration of Indepence speaks clearly what needs to be done!

**Mod edit**
minor spelling error in title

[edit on 16-3-2009 by spacedoubt]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
When Americans lose their comfortable lives. That may happen very soon. Only then will they think about reconstruction. We've been dumbed down but that can only work for so long. Even our founding fathers knew our government could not last forever.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stevedel0

Exactly. I have always thought this way. It will take the breakdown of our posh way of living to force many people to realize that the "conspiracy theorists" were right on the money about what was going to happen. People are waking up, though. More and more, everyday. I even swear I have seen more and more people join A.T.S. Every time I read a comment section of a story, there are people who see between the lines and comment in ways that display an awareness that surprises me. I was talking to my little brother who is 15, and he told me that he knows many kids his age and younger who talk about resistance to a coming "Police State".

[edit on 02/21/09 by daeoeste]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It is amazing how true and well written that passage is. It applies to what is going on now. When government stops serving it's purpose, the people alter or abolish it.

If only people weren't so selfish, this could be accomplished nonviolently, and through boycotts. My God, what a world would spring up from that sort of unity, and morality.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
It is amazing how true and well written that passage is. It applies to what is going on now. When government stops serving it's purpose, the people alter or abolish it.

That my friend is my greatest fear, I fear that by the time people wake up the majority of Americans will be so dependent on the government that we will just sit back and take it!

If only people weren't so selfish, this could be accomplished nonviolently, and through boycotts. My God, what a world would spring up from that sort of unity, and morality.

I also am afraid there can be no peaceful revolution, I can not see the powers that be, just giving up that power! What can we as Americans Boycott? Taxes I am sure many would rally around that, however after the first few people the government kicks out on the street, taking their homes and all properties we would fold like a house of cards. Boycott of an election sounds great, however Politicians can vote them selves! You would never get a 0 turn out on election day lol!

No I think the deceleration of independence states clearly what we need to do but I question every day if this country even has what it takes anymore. Does America have the resolve to do this, we have gotten into three wars now that we did not follow through on! Yes every American soldier lost is tragic, however 5,000 in the course of years vs the same in one day In previous wars is small In the overall scheme of things. Americans have not fought for freedom since the 1700s do we have the resolve to do so now, if it does take a violent revolution to remove our government are we going to call it off once a few people die?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett

That my friend is my greatest fear, I fear that by the time people wake up the majority of Americans will be so dependent on the government that we will just sit back and take it!

I also am afraid there can be no peaceful revolution, I can not see the powers that be, just giving up that power! What can we as Americans Boycott? Taxes I am sure many would rally around that, however after the first few people the government kicks out on the street, taking their homes and all properties we would fold like a house of cards. Boycott of an election sounds great, however Politicians can vote them selves! You would never get a 0 turn out on election day lol!

No I think the deceleration of independence states clearly what we need to do but I question every day if this country even has what it takes anymore. Does America have the resolve to do this, we have gotten into three wars now that we did not follow through on! Yes every American soldier lost is tragic, however 5,000 in the course of years vs the same in one day In previous wars is small In the overall scheme of things. Americans have not fought for freedom since the 1700s do we have the resolve to do so now, if it does take a violent revolution to remove our government are we going to call it off once a few people die?

I agree 200% humans can not achieve that heck animals cant either nothing on earth can or ever will. The day you see this will be the day you see God in the flesh walking down the street.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yeah, that's all good but...

When is the next Hannah Montana video coming out? I gotta get it for my kid before she starts THINKING.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Our present governmnet of The United States Of America will never relinquish their power and will do everything and anything to stay in power.

Remember our representatives have been bought and no longer Represent We The People. Taking care of the banks and themselves comes first and We The People that are suppose to be represented by them come last.

Oh how very well our founding fathers knew the nature of governments and with uncontrolable drunken power what they would do unto We The People.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It's amazing really, how over the course of a handful of decades we've let ourselves become so caught up in the 24/7 mindless television and videogames, consume consume consume and look at what i bought today honey, eat more buy more spend more bigger better louder faster cooler, me me me i'm better than you are and if you're on fire i wouldn't take a leak on you to put you out cuz i just got this new product and i'm so much better than everybody else though i can barely read and can't speak in a grammatically correct fashion 90% of the time, hell i can't even spell "grammatically" but i'll crack open a cold one and watch American Idol tonight so who gives a sh**?

Now I realize that many of us are good people who have families and friends and good lives and we do the best that we can, but seriously as a whole our nation has their collective head up their supersized A**.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Before a skin rash, there is usually an itch. I feel that the itch has begun and people are starting to want to scratch it. If you scatch it enough, you will get blood. There is no way around this than bloodshed.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

My God, what a world would spring up from that sort of unity, and morality.

Like a new world order

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Would someone please read this article and comment on it. I have posted it elsewhere but it seems that no one has enough rational thought to see the writing on the wall. This article explains exactly what is going on in this country and why.

If one looks closely, they will even be able to garner quite an insight as to what is about to happen again.

Nothing in this country, or world for that matter, happens by accident. There are MEN that make things happen according to a plan that was cooked up long ago and it continues to work in accordance with their plans.

The American population just seems so dense as to what is going on right in front of them. I see people on forums that comment on things they have no idea about. I actually saw a post where a guy says he has no idea how the "Presidential 'thingy' " works, but felt he was capable of commenting on a subject like the "Electoral Process" of the Presidency. Most people can't even name the 3 branches of government yet they want to post all sorts of remedies for the crux of the current government!

I really hope most people realize that nothing is going to happen in this country, no laws will be changed and no politicians will lose their jobs because someone posts on a forum. If 2 million people march to the whitehouse steps in washington protesting the income tax, do they think the politicians are gonna come running out and say, "O.K., let's change the law. The people have spoken". It ain't gonna happen in YOUR lifetime!!!!

Someone please read this and see what YOU take from it and post a comment.

fskrealityguide.blogspot.com...

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
It's amazing really, how over the course of a handful of decades we've let ourselves become so caught up in the 24/7 mindless television and videogames, consume consume consume and look at what i bought today honey, eat more buy more spend more bigger better louder faster cooler, me me me i'm better than you are and if you're on fire i wouldn't take a leak on you to put you out cuz i just got this new product and i'm so much better than everybody else though i can barely read and can't speak in a grammatically correct fashion 90% of the time, hell i can't even spell "grammatically" but i'll crack open a cold one and watch American Idol tonight so who gives a sh**?

Now I realize that many of us are good people who have families and friends and good lives and we do the best that we can, but seriously as a whole our nation has their collective head up their supersized A**.

sorry - just wanted to point out that the correct way of spelling realize is realise...thankyou please...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Declaration of Independence

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

They told us what to do. But they haven't said how to do it.

That's where the second amendment comes in ....

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

If you can't 'throw off' such government through voting and using the system ... then create a new system.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grossac
Before a skin rash, there is usually an itch. I feel that the itch has begun and people are starting to want to scratch it. If you scatch it enough, you will get blood. There is no way around this than bloodshed.

I don't think so. People are just collapsing. It is not by conspiracy or resistance that they can't pay their mortgages or consumer debt. The recent stock market implosion was caused by people, even state and local governments having no choice but to pull their money out to get needed funds.

People can't pay their taxes because they have no money, not because someone wrote a book or gave a speech.

In the end, the US will become like Mexico, with huge amounts of people moving to other areas just to survive. They will vote with their feet.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

For instance, look at what happened to New Orleans. The govt. didn't help enough people and they were treated badly after Katrina. Many left and have not returned.

Many of them will probably never return. Look at all the people who left Detroit, and the rust belt regions.

During the 50's many black people left the south. Some small towns saw entire graduating classes from high school board buses for northern destinations.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Contacting "representatives" is useless. Demonstrating is useless for both the reason that the "representatives" don't care and don't listen and that the police have demonstrated over and over again that they will place agent provocateurs in the crowds to turn things violent so they can deal with things on their terms.

98% of the American people were against the stimulus and were vocal about it and they passed it anyway... taxation without representation...

I find it interesting that by available sales numbers it would appear that the US population is better armed and has more ammo than the entire US military at this point.

They must be getting ready for duck season...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

What I meant by that is it's the only way that the people will take back what is in the DOI. The government will not allow the people. Do you thing that if 51% of the people voted to throw the government out, it would step down? Do you think the government would ever let that vote take place? HHHMMM. I dont think so.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I have no Doubt that there will be americans who will openly take overt action fighting the goverment if things keep going as they are, however will there be enouge is it even possible for us to throw down our goverment. It was easeir the first time, an ocean seperated England from the U.S! Now the enemy is in our back yard! They have us Brain washed by the MSM.

Any group that speaks out about the Goverment is compared to Waco, or timothy McVeigh! groups Like the Natinal Alliance right here in WV, openly spew Bigotry. groups like this are not the ones we want fighting for our freedoms, And any group that Overtly takes actions to overthrow the goverment Will be thrown in with these groups.

alot of people like to talk about fighting for our freedom but what about when fighting for that said freedom makes you a traitor to your county! Before George washington was an americna hero, he was first a traitor!
Are there only criminals in this country now willing to take that same risk?

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Verd_Vhett]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grossac

What I meant by that is it's the only way that the people will take back what is in the DOI. The government will not allow the people. Do you thing that if 51% of the people voted to throw the government out, it would step down? Do you think the government would ever let that vote take place? HHHMMM. I dont think so.

Exactly men with power fear loosing there Power, and to much power has been given to the federal goverment, this power needs to be removed and given to the states! I think this is why so many states are considering 10th ammendment bills, states rights is becoming an issue once more and history could repeat, because we learned nothing from it the last time!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join