It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
My apologies on the several day delay here on my contribution. Let's say that things at the homestead have been just a little bit crazy and I haven't had the chance to do any work on graphics or designs. I've continued work on the Bio conveyor pod setup. I've just finished the basic layout of the platform, a control panel to call the elevator with buttons and a vocal arrangement to summon the elevator. Now it's a matter of getting textures right, getting parts in place, building a wall and the track. I should have a preliminary setup for you people to look at later on either today or tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I'm going to give it a shot with the copy paste aspect and whether it will work or not. This reply will be typed as basic RTF format document and then hopefully this will work out. If you are reading this then it is possible. One key thing I think after you do the copy paste is to goto the end of your document with the cursor and then press enter and that should work. I think it's something with how it reads things. Well, enough typing on my end, hopefully you'll be able to read this.

(Yep, that worked)

Edit to add:

The key is that after your copy/paste seems to be is to set the cursor at the end (in this box) and press enter. The site then seems to scan how many characters there are in your post and adjusts appropriately. I hope this is of help.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Deson]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Preliminary design concept has been posted. So far it's just the Bioconveyor, platform, and control panel. I still as of yet need to do the floor, walls, and support structure along with the track.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41623a03ecfe.jpg[/atsimg]

Direct link to full picture

I'll continue to do some more work on it. Please let me know what you think.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It appears they have fixed the copy and paste glitch.

Appears we will have to adjust the guides for posting namely:

Otherwise members may post more frequently, if such posts are 150 words or less of new text.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I like it I like it.
does it come in Mauve?

I must say thanks for all the hard work. It is a real plus to have you thanks again.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Deson

I like it I like it.
does it come in Mauve?

I must say thanks for all the hard work. It is a real plus to have you thanks again.

Unfortunately since I'm Red/Green colorblind I don't know exactly what mauve looks like. (chuckle). If you like that I think your really gonna like this one. I chose a rather nice (in my estimation) texture for floor and wall work. Pretty much all I need to do yet is add supports for the track and a sorta walkway on the floor and that should about do it. Assuming that everyone likes it. (chuckle)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6cf2d664c14.jpg[/atsimg]

Direct link

I'll have to call it as far as further artwork itself is concerned for the evening. In theory I should be able to finish it tomorrow. That should give plenty of time for people to give their input. I'll be checking back later on of course here.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Deson!!! You had better watch out or you are going to get snagged up for your genious.

It would be so very cool to have an actual working prototype of this, tell me do you see it as also bio engineered with organic synthetic DNA?

How extensive is the final draft and will we be able to get shots of it from different angles and sizes?

I am so going love using this.

One question , what is the swirly pink thing at the top?

Edit to say, OMGosh Deson just saw the different angle in the last post! Wow this is exciting...

[edit on 12-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I also like the ultradimensional quality of the control panel is it? The big swirling green tinted circular thingie, right? It is so different, almost 4D.

Kind of makes me think we should have little characters of ourselves for standing on the conveyer, that would be cool huh?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Deson

Deson!!! You had better watch out or you are going to get snagged up for your genious.

It would be so very cool to have an actual working prototype of this, tell me do you see it as also bio engineered with organic synthetic DNA?

How extensive is the final draft and will we be able to get shots of it from different angles and sizes?

I am so going love using this.

One question , what is the swirly pink thing at the top?

I figure it like this. The elevator section part is pretty much a engineered seed pod that's been attached to a organic muscle. Telling it to go up or down floors is essentially telling the muscle that there is food there and it goes up and down the track heading towards where there is food.

Here is the same pic with the parts labeled:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2fa063f0ff5f.jpg[/atsimg]

Direct link

A=Vocal Input (for those who can't press a button)
B=Summon Bio Conveyor Button
C=Main Hatch
D=Conveyor Muscle (This moves it up and down)
E=Spinal Track (replaces elevator cables)
F=Main pod Housing
G=Window

As far as the genetics concerned, it would require something that we can't do yet. You would in this case have a cross between Plant (the pod) and Animal genetics (the muscle). Someday perhaps but not anytime soon for us.

oh, and since I'm building this in a 3D program, I can render pics of this from any angle that you want. Top, side, angles, pretty much anything you want. Yes, even from inside of the pod itself if you want. I would need to construct a interior for it but yes, it can be done.

Genius? Me? Awwww shucks. I don't have the drive to be a genius.

Edit to add:
Use the direct link and open it in a different window since the embedded is cut off.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Deson]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by questioningall

Right after your dramatic dialouge, I would like you to see me the second before you enter the BH but you do not have to mention it.

I sort of need to wait for that post to do my post as I do not want to reveal your cool storyline.

I have my next entry ready but I need these events to unfold. I am also looking for images.

Scurvy good job! So creative and really cool pictures!

Would it be distracting if the art had artist name and @ copyright symbol?
I think it would be the art is great.

This guy:
farm3.static.flickr.com...

Edited to add:
OK I just read it to a friend out of context from the story
and it needs a little work.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by cindymars]

[edit on 12-4-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Scurvy -
How cool is that.

Fab post to say the least, *applauds*.
I’m so glad you’re bringing us to earth for a bit too.
It was going to be a bit of a reach to get some of the things I need without popping in for a visit so this works out just great!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Originally posted by questioningall
Hey, I am still waiting for the direction of message and the two ships meeting up, from everyone.

Sorry I haven't posted on this before but I was not sure how it should happen. But to get the ball rolling I'll just put down some ideas.

These are just ideas so change and disregard as needed.

Locations where messages are given.
Since Studious just captured Theresa......again. She could either tell him about it or mf_luder could come down to talk to her at which point she would tell him. The latter makes sense as it would further the love story perhaps. Able to talk to the person controlling her and then able to talk to the real Theresa again.

The Yydryl crew could be read the message when they are all at the meeting being planned.

Substance of Message
As for what the message should say, again I'm not sure. But Number's one two and three are ideas.

One and Three were brought up by Qa and Masqua. Number two I came up with.

Originally posted by questioningall
I can be in an escape pod, due to the fact I was threatened by the "rulers" that if I didn't straighten up and do all they wanted me to, they would destroy Yydryl. So I wanted to save everyone on board by leaving Yydryl, since they were after me, etc.

From the above quote comes Number One.

1. The message will mention to the Yydryl crew that Qa did not want to endanger the ship by staying on board. Mentioning the "rulers" the shape shifting handler guy and the threat they pose to the Yydryl.

Number Two is an idea of mine.

2. The message to the Penelope crew would involve something of an apology and a confession and perhaps recorded. The control Qa has could be detected somehow and the confession would definitely clear the Penelope crew from punishment by the Tribunal.

Originally posted by masqua
How about sending QA on a mission to contact the Yydryl? Her ambassadorial vessel is met with a deadly attack from the Rigellian ship, destroying it and its crew (including QA) but not before the message is relayed.

The message is the common threat facing both crews from the Ophiuchus Consortium.

3. The message will mention the threat the Ophiuchus pose.

Possible Alternate Number 3
Instead of having Qa warn us of this threat. Earth could find out when our outer outposts come under attack.

We could have the Yydryl go off in search of Dark Atlantis in Ophiuchus territory because of the markings found on Scurvy and Whisper.

The crew would find a conflict between the Consortium and their neighbors (Earth and others). Thus finding the threat.

This would allow the Penelope crew to be hostile when we first see the Yydryl. Thinking that maybe the Yydryl has been pulling the strings on a second conflict. (The first being the one with Alpha Centauri.)

Just an idea.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Sorry about the double post but this one is a question. The other post was an attempt to get the ball rolling on an answer.

Question:
How do the rulers relate to the Dark Lord?

How I think they relate
I've put down how I think they relate, but I'm probably wrong.

I think the rulers are the superiors of the shape shifting handler guy that threatened Qa. The guys that run the dark rooms where people like Qa lived. Sort of the secretive rulers behind the scenes running the Rigellian's.

While the Dark Lord is kind of a lone guy with an evil plan far away from the Yydryl.

Question:
How do the Ophiuchus Consortium and the Dark Lord relate?

How I think they relate.

The Dark Lord is causing the Black Holes to merge (or at least using this natural event to his advantage.)

The Ophiuchus Consortium are unaware of the Dark Lord.

Dark Atlantis is at an unknown location but our best bet is that it is in Ophiuchus territory without the Ophiuchus knowing it. (Which may prove to be wrong if we so choose) That is where we believe the Dark Lord lies. (That may prove wrong to, if we choose so later.)

I could be completely wrong about this please correct me if I missed something.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Scurvy I should probably write this in a u2u so that you will be the only one to think I am crazy afterwards but here goes...

Sunyatha Saraswathi was my very dear friend as well as a respected Tibetan healing arts Master. He was the one to grant the Symbols to initiates during the transmission of ancient and secret knowledge and of the verbal only transmissions of ancient teachings once only granted to the Kings and Pharaohs upon planet Earth, and for good cause as these teachings would if placed in the wrong hands be a threat to turning the transmissions over to the Dark Lords of this planet and enable them to use the powers against all life on this planet.

I stayed in contact with him until the time (written in my ats history) I discovered a portal to a lower astral where these dark lords used the portal to bring in their armies to be unleashed upon the earth and its inhabitants at the exact time unknown to even them.

Since that time he went underground and has since ascended to a higher order within the Universe. He always traveled with his Shakti, his woman and in this strory Saraswathi also travels with his mate Shakti in my minds eye.

He is the most peaceful of Warriors, and has the ability to do battle as if it is a piece of artwork, from nothing more than his tremndous energy. I have watched him take a full grown man down with the flick of his hand while talking to a group of students, not in ego display but to show how energy truly works when properly channeled.

He also showed us how to 'see' certain chips that had been implanted in individuals unbeknownst to them much like people have discovered alien implants. Most of them are in the base of the spine where the brainstem meets the spinal cord, they can float freely within the senovial spinal fluid and therefore go undetected during xray and examination.

I will stop here but it just blew my mind when you picked up on who the great Atlantean whale was before I even expounded on the story. As I said the pictures I was to present in the story are important and am waiting for a comp guy to help me get my good comp back up as I cant find the pics I had already to bring to the forum for the story.

The story does indeed breath through us in many repects and you have proven this.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Also could some of my fellow writers go over to the shortstory contest and comment on my little entry? It was written last night and is lost at the bottom of the page...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
this is the link to short story" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">This is the link to the Shortstory submission

Thanks as it is so low it is not being read...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
this is the link to short story" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">This is the link to the Shortstory submission

Thanks as it is so low it is not being read...

Antar the link did not work and I can't find it.
I would love to read it.
Where are the stories from the contest?
I do not see those either.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I think I found it

I believe this is the Short Story that Antar mentioned.

To find the url of a broken link go to "quote" on the post and then you can sometimes find the internet address.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly or not (I'm at work and have a terrible headache today so concentration isn't easy here, please excuse me if this is blatantly obvious) but am I understanding correctly that the whale Saraswathi is the enlightened form of antar's old friend from Earth who was at that time a Tibetan master?

It's a good idea, I just want to make sure I'm on the same page.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

In my writing I meant to convey it as the Dark Lord is a separate underground entity. Similar I suppose to a super villain in a comic book. He is independent of government and ruling bodies as he is simply a twised individual with malicious intent.

My thoughts for Dark Atlantis was that it would be located somewhere outside the Opichium as I thought the merging of black holes had begun and if matter starts tearing apart from there it will be nigh impossible for the crews to locate Dark Atlantis.

Then again we don't need to find Dark Atlantis, just Doctor Z's lab so we can unlock the Light being that will assist us in some way. Nothing saying there has to be an epic duel.

I tried to leave it open to interpretation that could be set in stone by other writers. I threw out a lot of information there but didn't want any of it to be absolute be all and end all type of stuff. I think this will give us a good back story and sets us up for some sort of gnarly mission.

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join