It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Scurvy, I am sorry about your headache, I get those too... But the saraswathi I told you about is a wise man that once lived here in our timeline on earth, a real person, a loved person and I had the idea of incorporating him into the atlantic theme of the story, you did it by naming the whale saraswathi!

Also it makes sense to the story as well and makes it understandable how whales can possibly be part of the space opera, they can and will navigate the Yydrl.

Please get well soon. Drink loads of water...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Um Scurvy, the story I spoke of above was not fantasy, was not a story but a real life exxperince... For me, life has been been much more colorful than anything my imagination could create. So I use the things from my life and add some fun to it, like the whales or Saraswathi being a whale.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scurvy
In my writing I meant to convey it as the Dark Lord is a separate underground entity. Similar I suppose to a super villain in a comic book. He is independent of government and ruling bodies as he is simply a twised individual with malicious intent.

My thoughts for Dark Atlantis was that it would be located somewhere outside the Opichium as I thought the merging of black holes had begun and if matter starts tearing apart from there it will be nigh impossible for the crews to locate Dark Atlantis.

That's good I thought he was sort of a lone villain guy. I figured the rulers were different than the Dark Lord. But I was trying to figure out if they were related in some way that I missed. I assumed there was no connection between the two but I had to be sure. Thank you for clarifying.

I also figured the Ophiuchus Consortium had no knowledge of the Dark Lord and were not working for him but they were incidentally helping him by fleeing from the Black Holes because that is something he wanted to have happen.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Yes, Studious did capture Theresa, even though in my last post, I had her her staying hidden for the whole day, until QA was away on the pod.

So, you can go from there, where ever you want with that.

If everyone gives me the agreed upon decision of message for you guys meeting up etc. Then I can post it.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

As I explained with one of my posts (not clearly) I felt the capture was necessary as I believed the Tribunal would begin and progress quickly. Since I thought that the Tribunal would begin we would need to fit Theresa into it. She would need another trial if we did not fit her in now. She could also help clear the Penelope crew of wrongdoing. I was capturing her first to prevent chaos later.

The pace of posting was far slower than I anticipated and it was therefore unnecessary for the capture to have taken place when it did.

Originally posted by questioningall
QA, let Theresa know, she needed to keep cover for the day still, as QA needed time to get away from Yydryl before the rulers found out Theresa was "alive and well".

I did made sure she was not hiding...this time. She was told to hide not that she was hidden.
I admit error with the second capture

Here is the post on my reasoning for the capture.

Originally posted by Studious
About my recent post:
Since Theresa would need a trial of her own if we don't fit her into the current Tribunal I think it is necessary for someone to capture her........ again

Who will have temporary control of Theresa? Temporary because we might find someone to write for her.

We need to add Theresa's testimony to the Tribunal. Plus we need to do the final discussion between the three admirals before we set off on our journey.

The story thread post could be removed and reintroduced into the story later or dropped as needed. Just reply and I'll ask Masqua to remove it. (As it is past the member editing point.) After the events with the Black Hole it can be reintroduced or disregarded.

Another note:
What did you think of ideas for location and substance of the message?

I was not completely sure what it should say and I therefore did not post on that until recently. However to get the ball rolling and hopefully others posting better ideas I posted. That post goes over what had been previously mentioned by others and some ideas of my own.

As mentioned in that post my ideas are just ideas change and disregard them as desired.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Silo - the badge on your last post says (Stowaway), but the one on your next previous post says Ship's Attendant. Am I confused? (t'wouldn't be the first time!
)

That's a lot of space to fill with a jungle.... pssst! I got a line on a plethora of plants... top quality stuff... just call me "jungles R us"...

[edit on 2009/4/13 by nenothtu]

[edit on 2009/4/13 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

It's all cool, it is all of your story anyway, I have just been waiting to write myself out of it, but I haven't heard any set message yet. I definitely don't want to influence the story with a way I might do it, because all of you have to live with that. I really want to do it with your way.

But at this point, the story is being held up in my opinion, everyone is waiting for me to leave, yet I haven't gotten what and where for the meet.

So, since I am now holding it up, maybe Masqua should just go ahead and take me out as Nature. That bad guy could get me before getting the message to send out or something. I know Cindymars has been waiting on me.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
NATURE is taking notes...

I may seem to be a distant and uncaring entity regarding the crews of the Yydryl and the Penelope.

That's a fallacy. I read every post in both threads and constantly keep up on developments. My role in this is not so much to guide the story as it is to insert an occasional plot twist much in the way an earthquake would in the history of a city.

This is, more than anything your story and it will continue as your story.

Of course, any editing which needs to be done is only a U2U away from getting done.

I'm reading Plotinus' The Enneads to get a better idea of my role in this as he writes about NATURE as an entity. In particular, a segment titled Nature, Contemplation, and The One.

from Plotinus - The Enneads (Penguin Classics) pg.236

4. And Nature, asked why it brings forth its works, might answer if it cared to listen and to speak:

"It would have been more becoming to put no question but to learn in silence just as myself am silent and make no habit of talking."

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

QA waiting for Loam but really need you to take that pod into the BH. When your ready plus not waiting have a little re-writing to do and ofcourse I can leave out the BH but I am following your characters timeline. FYI

[edit on 13-4-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The newly improved version of my post (I sent Masqua a U2U with it) makes reference to this, Dirty Harry Quote.

At 2:27-2:40
"We're not just gonna let you walk outta here."
"Whose we -----?"
"Smith, Wesson and me."

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I hope the edit was satisfactory?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yes definitely. Thank you.

I had been wanting to edit it for awhile and I finally got around to writing my new version

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
ok, just finished this a few minutes ago. I've pretty much got all the parts of the BioConveyor (Elevator for the Yydryl) completed.

First the pic and then some explainations:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19f34674cde5.jpg[/atsimg]

Direct link to picture

You'll notice some changes. I added in the supports for the track. As a bonus, I can use the same supports as standard wall supports for a down the hallway view.

I decided to simplify the textures on the platform as well. The old one was "too busy" in my estimation an distracted from the shape. You'll also notice that this pic is a bit darker than the others. That's because I finished building walls on both sides, and a ceiling. The earlier pics had just the one wall and floor with daylight coming from above. This gives it a bit more realism.

For the construction phase of this I went with a white light source. I can change this to pretty much any colored light that you want. I figure on having at LEAST one light source per support with supplemental ones in between. I can easily construct some sort of organic looking light fixtures for this and I plan on build ones for each of the supports as well.

In front of the platform you'll notice a couple of walkways (part of the second one can be seen in the lower left). I figure it like this. Since the Yydryl is a organic ship, having some walkways makes sense since it would reduce wear and tear on the ship itself. Sort of like walking on a rug instead of on a hardwood floor and you'll get my meaning.

Hope you like it.

Remember I can change all kinds of things depending on what you want.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

that is awesome great job.
Will you continue with the same design style for the other parts of the ship?
If so maybe now would be the right time to choose a color scheme and standard textures

[edit on 13-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Deson

that is awesome great job.
Will you continue with the same design style for the other parts of the ship?
If so maybe now would be the right time to choose a color scheme and standard textures

[edit on 13-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

I figure the same general design style for the rest of the ship. The walls for example and I figure the walkway as well as far as textures. Pretty much I am in agreement as far as a standard "feel" or theme running through the ship. My texture collection that I have right now runs to roughly 200 - 300 right now and I can import pretty much any JPG or BMP and use that as a texture as well. I'll admit that I'm not very good good at creating 2D artwork (photoshop stuff) so I'll rely on downloadable stuff if I don't have something that will work.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Deson]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You are just as much a part of the story as anyone here Qa. if you want to blow up the ship as you leave and kill us all, that is your prerogative. You write yourself out for YOU and dont worry too much about how others need for you to.

(Please dont kill us all)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

You are just as much a part of the story as anyone here Qa. if you want to blow up the ship as you leave and kill us all, that is your prerogative. You write yourself out for YOU and dont worry too much about how others need for you to.

(Please dont kill us all)

I am confused. Did I do something wrong? CM was going to checkout QA's timeline, because someone pulled her out of the bar right infront of me, prior to her decision to leave the story (hopefully temporarily). So when she suggested going into a BH, I thought cool. Except I hated to see her character leave, I love her writing.

So I am not pressuring her, I just haven't posted in a long time and I was trying to be collaborative. Someone please instruct me what to do.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I thought we had clarified this before. Isn't it Rigel and Rigellian?

Just think this is an important point of continuity for us all to use the same planet name. I believe these are the spellings I've used throughout the opera so, I sure hope they're correct!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Well thank you for pointing it out.
I was fluffing around the other day trying to get the badges straight and mixed up my cut paste.

Ohhh! Have you got some great pics of your jungle? I've only got three I've refined down into posting - I don't want to over do it but I'd love any pics you've got. Just fix ‘em up and give me the IMG source and I'll use them...

Thanks again for the heads up on badges.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey You -
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I wasn't at all pleased with my last post.
I wanted to go strictly dialog for a number of reasons, so I tried the Alfred Hitchcock kind’a technique (failed) - You know, leaving the picture/description to the *eye* of the reader.
I feel I failed miserably but hey, them’s the breaks. Something to work harder on next time.

Thanks again...

[edit on 14-4-2009 by silo13]

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join