It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

A home in there? In the fourth one? Wow, nice camo job!

I pulled off the clearest of the three and went at trying to Photoshop it last night.

I was seeing palm fronds in my sleep!

I dunno if my Photoshop abilities and my Photoshop version are up for the job but I'm still trying...no promises though! lol

[edit on 17-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Moderator Alert!

Please help me to resize the picture in my last post!
I need the picture up but not that BIG...

Thankyou, let me know what to do, I cant resize it myself, need help.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I can resize it for you I'll post it here

If they have not fixed it yet just quote this post and cut and paste it into yours in the opera post

nice pic!

[edit on 19-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh Antar!
It's kind'a cool like that - nice visual!

*Waves Hi to Slayer*...

Where is EVERYBODY else?

[edit on 19-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I've got the right sized pic up (thanks, SLAYER), but I removed the wrong one.

Now I need to edit in the one back in that I mistakenly removed.

Hope you still have it, antar.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

I've got the right sized pic up (thanks, SLAYER), but I removed the wrong one.

Now I need to edit in the one back in that I mistakenly removed.

Hope you still have it, antar.

No problem I was just defending open mindedness on another thread and wanted to see what Silo and Antar posted. It's all good

PEACE

Originally posted by silo13

*Waves Hi to Slayer*...

Where is EVERYBODY else?

Waves back with a large home made Sub Sandwich with way too many ingredients and lots of hots!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am on the slow boat to china comp so it took me so long to finally get it over to the thread post (TY Slayer) and masqua and it was already resized... I think it still is right?

It takes me 10 minutes to move from forum to forum, sheeze, and if I have more than 2 windows open it is like lagging when I type, when I type it has a delay of several seconds to almost a minute, LOL its crazy. I really felt in creative mode this morning but after all the delay I am just glad to get anything up.

And silo... That was one of the most beautifully descriptive pieces you have posted thus far, you are a blossoming piece of perfection.

We are headed to the earths solarsystem right? Have we decided how we meet up with the U-mans on board the Penlope?

Captain Loam, hope to find you connected with the Alliance at the helm as I must urgently speak with you, yyou are welcome to take it from here and lets set course for wherever you think we can meet up with the U-mans.

I would like to see some form of hostile and not so hostile take over of earth for the last ditch run on the precious metals, and other commodities as we think theyre sun is about to go what is it nova? This was the vision I had anyway in the last post, and lets face it the Light Lord knows his business...

The big rip is causing the lower planets to go cold and so earth being just a few up from the lowest is at grave danger. With their technology they are practically unaware so we will have to grant higher knowledge to their superiors to ok the commission of the Penlope and its crew.

Also this rip is causing affects on the Earth that were never before present such as many of the things we discuss on the boards everyday. I have a few choice ideas, but am open to anything.

We need some serious action, battles, explosions and side plays, with twists added now, so everyone give it as much as you can.

Time to show our darker sides dont you think? we have defined our characters now it is time to interplay with the galaxy and hurt some enemies!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you for that post Antar - that really wraps up neatly and succinctly the next piece in the puzzle in the Opera.
I really appreciate you taking the time to post is so and in such a way I'll refer to it often I’m sure to keep the details in mind. I kind’a get lost when it gets all sci-fi technical funky...

As for your kind words, they don't go unnoticed. I’m just a little too weirder out by my own posts to know how to reply to words of praise other than to send you a heartfelt thank you.

Slayer - if you didn’t bring enough a that sub to share don’t bring any at all!
lol
Just one thing I soo miss about the States!
A huge foot long with extra-hots!
Woohoo!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
antar prepares herself for darker days ahead, and to return once agin to battle mode!

Oh and testing size...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah and those footlongs are only 5 dollars! So by the time you load one up it weighs 5 lbs, you can feed a family of 4 on one sandwich!

As far as accepting the kudos, understand, but all writers have to get positive reinforcement when it is truly deserved.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
antar prepares herself for darker days ahead, and to return once agin to battle mode!

I can't wait I've always been strangely attracted to the strong Klingon females on Star Trek

Originally posted by silo13
Slayer - if you didn’t bring enough a that sub to share don’t bring any at all!
lol

Walks away from the computer growling

Anyway I'm going to be posting either tonight or tomorrow I'm looking for a specific type of graphics to go with the story line and I'll take the given advice and make my way to the brig thanks studious for the suggestion

[edit on 19-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Oh and testing size...

BIGGER PICTURE! That looks a whole lot like my new desktop wallpaper... if it grows a bit...

For anyone who may be interested, here's a space opera written in the Oolite Universe (a computer game, but real cool graphics) written by Drew Wagar. I particularly found the intro to the sequel, "Mutabilis", on the nature of space operas interesting. The original space opera, "Status Quo", is more about technology and getting around in the Oolite universe, but the sequel, "Mutabilis", is more about the characters and their development. I ran into it on a search for programs to make new planet surface textures for our opera, as I'm of the opinion that things are about to pick up. You know how it goes... you click a link, which leads to another link, and another, ad infinitum.

The link to the page containing these downloads

Slayer: if you've put pretzels on that sub, I must conclude it was calculated to specifically BAIT Silo

Silo: Yup, there's a house in there. Really more of a 4 room cabin where my grandparents raised 12 kids. And we think WE have it rough!

[edit on 2009/4/19 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hey everyone!

Just thought that I'd pop in with my latest work. Sorry on the delay but I ended up upgrading my computer a bit and a simple job turned out to be very complicated.

Anyhow,

Been doing some thinking and here's what I've come up with for further work on the Yydryl.

Direct link

ok, first off the chair. I've designed it for both Bipedal and Tripedal use. For Bipeds, it has a back and arms. For Tripeds (and those with tails) a lower hole in the back. The upper notch is also for those who are triped. I've designed it so that if a being has 3 arms (radial symmetry) and is tall enough can use the notch for the third arm. Likewise if a Biped with a long head (Think of the movie Alien) were to sit in it the head can stick out of the back with no problems.

On the right you'll find a pod that I'm working on. It works on the same principals as the elevator pod but travels horizontally along the same type of track as the Elevator pod (Bio Conveyor Pod) that I designed earlier. Think of it as a sorta Monorail system.

Hope that you like it and I look forwards to comments.

Edit to add:
Needless to say the textures are preliminary on the chair.
I've still got some work to do on it yet.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Deson]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Love the chair and when you work out the kinks on the final go I would ask for a more smooth texture, possible? As for the color it looks definately organic in nature... think a chair that can communicate with your needs, that shapes itself to your unique contours...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hi All -
Click to enjoy a realllly incredible pic of Sand Dunes on Mars.
I'd like to have posted it embedded but it's just too cool in the *huge* mode.

Enjoy!

peace

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

OH! Enough food to feed a family! Just my size a Sub!
I'm just about ready to start eating the paint off the wall!
From February until May the *Don't feed the animal* sign goes up in flat.
I might not gain much around the holidays but what's there has to go bye bye before bikini season!

So I'll just sit here and drool and watch Slayer eat that sub all by his-self!

Pssstttt......Neno.... Do bait and switch... Offer me a pretzel then switch in a carrot stick - I’ll never know the difference... (yeah right)... FUnny enough though I don’t like pretzels for real. That’s that Silo chickie that does.

By the way - as to the person who said my U2U *self description* reminded them of what HE looked like when he was going into puberty...I said think Audry Hepburn and Twiggy NOT Spanky from Our Gang!

Tomboyish, svelte, and not overdeveloped in the boobeenie department at one point in the history of fashion was considered highly desirable.

Now if I can just get Cindymars to work her magic on me and send me back in time!

peace all (off to lick the wall)...

[edit on 20-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Just stopping in to say hi everyone! Bikinis for me went out after the 4th c-section, lol... But at one time I was voted best stomach on the local girls in Huntington beach. Oh well, makes me humble and I never was what I considered svelt, more in the volumptious category. As for the boobs anyone can look good laying down.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Those are crazy looking, makes me wonder if people live in the little horseshoe looking things...

I just think that if another world was taking pictures of our planet and wanted to convince their occupants of the unsustainability of earths surface they could take shots of the Sahara or even places like death valley.

It would be fun in the soap to release the slaves in the Mars mines... Or for that matter the slaves on the other side of the moon...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Ohhhhhh...And the first thing I said when I saw the HUGE pic (the first one you re-sized) was Nice Stomach!
I'm kind'a sorry the *big Pic* is gone - that was really cool all big like that.
(By the by svelte is just a nice way of sayin *tomboy* - I am soooo not all that, lol.)

Anyway! The mars pics (IMO) are just incredible. It's like my eyes are learning something new by looking at them. Taking in something so foreign that my eyes don't quite *get it* right off. I'm going to save that pic as my screen saver!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I was just sitting here, innocently ]:> , sipping some piping hot coffee. I'd taken a huge gulp then read:

As for the boobs anyone can look good laying down.

Some coffee got caught in my throat, the other spewing onto my desk. So much for my nifty use-to-be-white ATS mousepad

That was so funny, and unexpected from you. Thanks for the giggle!

omgs lol, aren't you laying down in one the ATS member pics? Miss antar, you are beautiful inside and out. *huggles* I think there are four of us Opera peeps on here now: Member Photos

[edit on 4/20/2009 by Whisper67]

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join