It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Is the above a joke or is our Captain really banned?
What is that all about?
Very confused!!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Never could play well in the sandbox.

Incidentally, did you have a specific plan with respect to revealing your 'origins'?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Never could play well in the sandbox.

Incidentally, did you have a specific plan with respect to revealing your 'origins'?

Oh I forgot it is stupid April Fools Day! LOL
Got me!

Well I have changed as we have went along. Originally it was my quest to look for my lover who was on one of the Earth ships most likely the Nimitz as he is an Alien, with Cadbury knowing I was a time treaveler and therefore having me on board for his reasons.

Now I was thinking my entire purpose of existance has been to record for the Creator/Source God so she may really be drawn to want to bring about returning to Creator with her data, sort of like Voyager in that old Star Trek movie. LOL

However I would like my character to be a true ally to the majority of the crew of the Yydryl and if there is some conflict that it is resolvable.

Thoughts? Anyone?

PS: I will still have to deal with the lost lover as I introduced it in the story.
He could just be dead.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Well I have changed as we have went along. Originally it was my quest to look for my lover who was on one of the Earth ships most likely the Nimitz as he is an Alien...

I wouldn't write him off your looking for your "man" just yet.

I'm looking for Antar's father who has a HUGE (Mega Galactic Huge) Bounty (prize) on his head for any information of his whereabouts.

Maybe your *lover* took off to find Antar's father too?

Now its' just a rumor, but, such a rich one everyone who's heard about the Bounty has up and left to find this guy...

Maybe you can still be looking for him...?

Just a thought... (I just hate dead lovers)...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Excellent setup! It may be somewhat cumbersome to create a dialog between all 4 characters up on charges and the admiralty, so I propose we proceed with just the character's testimony, then have the admirals reach their decision in a final post from them. Is that sort of what you had in mind?

I believe mf_luder is in transit right about now in the real sky, so his testimony will have to wait. Seeker is in surgery in the opera, but has his holo-avatar available for testimony, unless NI pulls the plug on that, so to speak
, which I think is the way the plot is going. Studious, being in sickbay, will probably require a visit from the admirals to sickbay. Never underestimate the power of a banged-up guy in a hospital bed to 'soften' the admiralty's reaction
Neno is on the long march to the gallows, so let me know if the above is pretty much what you had in mind, and I can work out his testimony, such as it will be.

Loam: ya had me going there with the ban, until I realized that the "extreme T+C violation" was in the sig area instead of replacing the post! Good one!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I've notice you used a cropped version of the Yydryl tail section in a couple of posts, so here's a higher resolution version of you want it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf763b129584.jpg[/atsimg]

Right click and "save as" should get you the whole image, instead of just the part you can see here.

[edit on 2009/4/1 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Loam: ya had me going there with the ban, until I realized that the "extreme T+C violation" was in the sig area instead of replacing the post! Good one!

I'm so naughty.

You should see this post.

Silo and Mars, I'm cooking up ideas that involve you two. Give me some time to iron out the details and I'll pass them by you here on this thread.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by loam]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Very cool. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thought it might help with the jaggies. downsizing works better than upsizing in that regard.

I read the other post whereof you spoke. That's a lot of bleeping bleeps!

[edit on 2009/4/1 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

April fools

Dirty trick

loam

[edit on 1-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks, lets see what Loam has in mind for us.
Silo and CM have not met yet.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Looking forward to it.
I hope my creative (or not) writing is up to your idea. LOL

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I was originally going to split up the Tribunal control. With someone else controlling Admirals Hollingsworth and Stevenson.

Mentioned here....

Post on Spliting up control

Yes, I'm thinking if NI had assigned Seeker some secret mission, with a hidden package aboard the Penelope they wouldn't want him arrested.

I have something special planned for what they are going to do to Studious.......no jail time though........but it will become an integral part of Studious' life.

I was expecting Hollingsworth who was Fooks said owed him one, would be torn up about Fooks being killed and out for revenge. The others however are more forgiving because it was mind control.

Stevenson is the most pragmatic and level headed. He is concerned with making decisions and actions that are useful in practice, not just theory.

Gordon is more based on theory and principles. (probably why he has backed Studious from time to time.)

I think you are right back and forth might become too complicated. I think each member could post their testimony for the Tribunal. But they could add questions that the Tribunal asks.

The Tribunal control could then be split up and we could argue regularly for the final decision.

Example:

Witness A:

Admiral "What.....?

Witness: "Well....."

Admiral "Why....."

Witness "You see...."

Admiral "That will be all."

Witness B: (Same format as Witness A.)

Witness C: (Same format as Witness A.)

etc...

Then three of us control different admirals in the final debate of the Tribunal.

Writer A: "I think we should...."
Writer B: "No we should...."
Writer C: "Well we could..."
Writer A: "Do we all agree?"
Writer B and C "Yes"
Writer C "So the ruling is...."

That we way each get to control all the Admirals questions for our own testimony.

Then we each have control of one Admiral during the final Tribunal debate.

I'll take Gordon since I introduced him and he is a "friend" of Studious'.

I want to know what everyone thinks of this plan and as always it's just an idea.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

That seems like that would work out well Studious. I think there are three admirals right? Gordon, Hollingsworth, and Stevens unless I missed one. With you, myself, Luder, and Neno on trial, who gets to control which Admiral?

Doesn't really matter to me, I'll just be happy to see the story start rolling again.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
I think there are three admirals right? Gordon, Hollingsworth, and Stevens unless I missed one. With you, myself, Luder, and Neno on trial, who gets to control which Admiral?

You are correct, those are the three.

As for who controls who I'm not sure but...

I think I'll control Gordon since he's a friend of Studious' and I introduced him.

This previous post mentions how I think the admirals act

My Previous Post on Splitting up control (With sources for why I think the Admirals act that way.)

I think anyone could select either Hollingsworth or Stevenson.

Just post which one you want here so we all know.

Side Note:

Anyone can post their testimony to the Tribunal anytime. Each person while posting their testimony will control the questions the three admirals ask them.

Then in the end the three who control the admirals will argue about the decision.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I am having a bit of a hard time picturing your character.

I used the Superhero creator to do mine but I will just use Zhan my Avatar.

Here's the super hero pic:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/777827279ac6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I know, I know off topic but I almost posted a thread about this.

Has anyone heard of Cadie?

Google's AI?

I nearly fell over backwards and had a heart attack when I read this...

Cadie Google

Cognitive Autoheuristic Distributed-Intelligence Entity
* Introducing CADIE * Technical Specifications * CADIE's homepage Announcement March 31st, 2009 11:59:59 pm

Introducing CADIE Research group switches on world's first "artificial intelligence" tasked-array system. For several years now a small research group has been working on some challenging problems in the areas of neural networking, natural language and autonomous problem-solving. Last fall this group achieved a significant breakthrough: a powerful new technique for solving reinforcement learning problems, resulting in the first functional global-scale neuro-evolutionary learning cluster.

Since then progress has been rapid, and tonight we're pleased to announce that just moments ago, the world's first Cognitive Autoheuristic Distributed-Intelligence Entity (CADIE) was switched on and began performing some initial functions. It's an exciting moment that we're determined to build upon by coming to understand more fully what CADIE's emergence might mean, for Google and for our users. So although CADIE technology will be rolled out with the caution befitting any advance of this magnitude, in the months to come users can expect to notice her influence on various google.com properties. Earlier today, for instance, CADIE deduced from a quick scan of the visual segment of the social web a set of online design principles from which she derived this intriguing homepage.

These are merely the first steps onto what will doubtless prove a long and difficult road. Considerable bugs remain in CADIE'S programming, and considerable development clearly is called for. But we can't imagine a more important journey for Google to have undertaken. For more information about CADIE see this monograph, and follow CADIE's progress via her YouTube channel and blog.

©2009 Google

Then I read her er...its blog and youtube channel. That's when I started thinking it was a hoax. (Boy I'm gullible right?
) I was just watching a History Channel show on robots taking over, so give me a break.

Cadie's Blog

Cadie Youtube Channel

Then I read that it was an April Fools Joke here.

Eweek

Anyway in order that this not be way off topic I am thinking how far are we away from something like this?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Mightn't be a bad idea to introduce some kind of AI into the main thread either.

CADIE: What are you doing, Studious?

BTW, I hope everyone noticed this since you've all been honing your skills lately.

[edit on 1/4/09 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
To Cadie: "Oh just curling up in a bunker my dear."
er
er
er
uh Run!!

Ah interesting contest.... Thanks for informing us.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I am having a bit of a hard time picturing your character.

Hiya,
I’ve been having a horrid time trying to find a anime-creator to get a pic of my character too.
This is as close as I’ve come so far (roughly)...
I’m not pleased with it at all but not much choice at the moment - at least it’s something!
This one was created using HeroMachine - want to make sure and give credit where it’s due!

HeroMachine

See on the Ship!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2583da0a875d.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join