It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yep, that's the right link. You might want to do what I did and bookmark it for future linking.

By the way, I'm glad to see that you got the model imported ok. Once I have time, I can work on a version that uses actual Parts for the space docks instead of the textures like I did in the original for you.

Edit to add:

Don't let the linking bother you. I do the same thing myself. (chuckle) So you aren't alone.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Deson]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

No rush, I feel like I'm already pushing ya on to greater heights, and maybe a breakdown!

In the first link, I just navigated through my account, which of course causes everyone's own machine to read their OWN cookie, and takes 'em to their OWN picture space. Oops.

The L2 Station is now an integral part of Penelope's voyages!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Edit - double post, blasted Google links messin' up ATS loading. GRRRRR!

[edit on 2009/4/3 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

No problem.

I've got several projects running at the moment. An Organic Elevator which is a modified seed pod for the Yydryl under construction, a terran scout vehicle, and last night I made a wing shape for a future Yydryl scout vessel.

The wings are loosely based on the shape of a sycamore seed. Linkto rough shape

this will give you an idea of what the status is. By the way, the elevator seed pod isn't completed by any means. Since this will be a view from inside of the ship, I should be able to do this just Bryce.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
In the first link, I just navigated through my account, which of course causes everyone's own machine to read their OWN cookie, and takes 'em to their OWN picture space. Oops.

I was about ready to scream plagiary!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I love the space station Deson. As for the ideas on our cruisers, you just go with the flow and if we have any ideas to add we will, at this point you have free licence!

The "Celestial Orb" would be great... Or the "Planetoid Sphere"

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
reply to post by nenothtu

No problem.

I've got several projects running at the moment. An Organic Elevator which is a modified seed pod for the Yydryl under construction, a terran scout vehicle, and last night I made a wing shape for a future Yydryl scout vessel.

The wings are loosely based on the shape of a sycamore seed. Linkto rough shape

this will give you an idea of what the status is. By the way, the elevator seed pod isn't completed by any means. Since this will be a view from inside of the ship, I should be able to do this just Bryce.

You could call it the Bioconveyor...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Is anyone able to make me a really cool handheld biotransmitter? It would be able to both be a communicator to my Data center as well as check any species language and translate, it is also the main tool in the field for injuries and such.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Excellent work! I'm going out into my backyard right now to see if I have enough lumber to begin construction on a working prototype of the flying vehicle. I think I've got a spare anti-proton injection manifold laying around somewhere to start on the engine for it too... test flight will be short, just to Pluto maybe...

Doing the interiors in Bryce is a really good idea. Since it's created in Bryce, it stands to reason that Bryce would do it the best justice.

For Antar's tricorder-like gadget, Slayer69 might be best nominated for that, he has a way with technothingies.

All I do is drop other folks' work into the wild black yonder and snap a picture.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Originally posted by silo13
Naw... Writing it was fun enough, I don't need a star!

You get one anyways!

What a terrific post.

Only one minor change request:

Originally posted by silo13
...where great blue eyes twinkled with his secret...

Blue eyes????

You do mean [color=52D017]green, of course.

reply to post by cindymars

Originally posted by cindymars
Wow I am a bit freaked out with the focous coming from the witch on me. LOL

But writing that focus was so much fun.

No worries. I'm quite certain Sheppard Lo'am will feel differently than most Mossian-Slea about time-walkers....at least, I think that will be the case.

reply to post by masqua

Originally posted by masqua
Well... it seems Interrex Captain Loam will have to cut you a new badge. The (Stowaway) one just won't do anymore.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by loam]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Would this work?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Nice one You beat me to the punch.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Mine is actually an advanced blender.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Mine is actually an advanced blender.

Mine does 0 to 60 parsecs in 4 seconds

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by antar

Would this work?

I love it! It is better than I had hoped for! Big yes.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

May I use this one too? They are both excellent! Any of us could use it, hey where is Qa and Whisper? I miss them!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

You could call it the Bioconveyor...

Bioconveyor sounds good to me.

I'm more of a visually oriented person than I am with languages. Thank goodness for a Spellchecker!

I'll do some work this evening on the Bioconveyor tonight and I'll post it's status later on. I'm glad that people like it so far.

Edit to add:

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by Deson

Excellent work! I'm going out into my backyard right now to see if I have enough lumber to begin construction on a working prototype of the flying vehicle. I think I've got a spare anti-proton injection manifold laying around somewhere to start on the engine for it too... test flight will be short, just to Pluto maybe...

Doing the interiors in Bryce is a really good idea. Since it's created in Bryce, it stands to reason that Bryce would do it the best justice.

For Antar's tricorder-like gadget, Slayer69 might be best nominated for that, he has a way with technothingies.

All I do is drop other folks' work into the wild black yonder and snap a picture.

I figure that I can do interior things pretty well and maybe things that are shown only on a planetary surface. That will avoid the trouble with Texture transfers that we've been having. I've got a number of wood and other organic based textures that I can use. Missing spokes on space stations etc. The space based things, I'll work on and then convert if possible and send to you.

By the way, that Wing shape? You know what that is in reality? A Mountain! With Bryce I can import Monochromatic (Black and white) BMPs and then form mountains to fit the shape. I can even do 3D lettering. All I need is a BMP with text on it. Black Background and White lettering and I can render it. I just had this wild vision of an "Eat at Joe's" sign plastered on an asteroid!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sure thing. Just let me know what and when you need something and if I have time I'll try my best
enjoy.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

May I use this one too? They are both excellent! Any of us could use it, hey where is Qa and Whisper? I miss them!

Me too!

Ladies where are you? Come out to Plaaaaay!!!!!

Arrrrgh there any females on the U-man ship?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Preliminary Bioconveyor pod constructed. I pictured a sorta "Muscle" that fits on the back of the pod. The muscle grips a "track" for up and down movement. I also added a window, Blue glass port with a light source inside of it.

Advantages of such a system:

1) Independent of ship power. It cruises on it's own.

Disadvantages:

2) Difficult to replace parts. In essence you need to perform a small act of surgery for repair. The fastest way to "repair" one of these would simply replace the pod and muscle as a unit and replace the unit.

Assuming that this design is a go I plan on building a brief scene showing the pod, track, platform, and summoning panel.

Edit to add:

Forgot the link to the pic. ooops.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join