It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

There is a class of physical theories called "Kaluza-Klein theories" which seek to reconcile gravity with other fundamental forces by positing extra dimensions. In addition to the familiar 3D of human experience, there could be as many as eight more dimensions woven into the space around us. A popular yet unproven explanation for dark matter is that dark matter particles inhabit the extra dimensions. We feel their presence via the force of gravity, but do not sense them in any other way.

science.nasa.gov...

Dark Matter may already be having an effect on our solar system!

I found this link in a post by ElectricUniverse

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Feeling alot of spiritual energy in the universe today, and wonder just how far off we are on this space opera from the truth of where we are in the ultimate plan.

Wouldnt it be odd if we were creating a reality in some parallele Universe or dimension? If so my character has interface with all comps and never has to stumble type and wait for help from comp men all the time.

Ok you guys are going to think I have gone off the deep end here, as I have too, but:

I just spent the last two hours at the local health foods nutritional store after hours sitting with the owner. We are both into Reiki, and started our conversation there, well at some point she went out on a limb and told me that she saw a tall dark haired woman dressed in a flowing wrap sari type gown, (just like my character today in the story.) Standing behind me. I jumped up and said are you a channel or something, she said no not that I ever knew... I said well describe her for me and when she did she looks exactly like I see my character.

I then asked her to tune in and tell me what this woman wants me to know as it must take a ton of bricks for me to hear what she has to tell me.

The kindly pretty straight laced buisnesswoman closed her eyes and said, it has to do with a story, that she wants to talk to you about writing something or about something you are writing.

I just about jumped up and hugged her! I told her about our collaboration and my theory today about creating alternate realities or maybe even tuning into another higher dimensional realm which is happening now.

Anyway many more personal things and it lead to a plan to get together again sometime.

What a trip huh?

Well I am supposed to go sit alone and wait to recieve this transmission from the Alien woman. So, interesting...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Small Preview of the TSV (Terran Scout Vessel). Needless to say under construction. I envision 2 varietys of this. One lightly armed (scout) and the other more heavily armed. i haven't attached the rocket, gyro, weapon, or the rest of the control systems yet but you might get an idea where I'm going with this.

It's designed for people to scout out a planet after landing. Fast, and maneuverable.

(Hope that his works, I've never embedded a pic before)

Link

Edited to remove embedding and instead linked to it.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Deson]

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Deson]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Dark matter sucks in energy and light and white light pure energy expands, so this would explain alot about why we need the balance in the Universe.

This can explain both negative and positive forces, in all aspects including but not limited to Spiritual, Physical and mental planes of existence.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Very cool for the U-Mans, but I would see ours as having a bio dome , which protects us from gamma radiation and dead planet atmospheres...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Deson

Very cool for the U-Mans, but I would see ours as having a bio dome , which protects us from gamma radiation and dead planet atmospheres...

Got something planned for the Rigelians as well. What would you say to a one man scout ship with wings that look a bit like a sycamore seedling?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Nice. I'm going to bookmark your post for reference.

Silo I set it up for you. Write our meeting and get your butt herdin' snails.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

YAY!
Off to look right now!
*Happy Dance*

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This is what I've got done with Deson's Civ2 Space Station in Celestia:

You can go here to see the full-sized version, as well as a couple of views of one of his space ship designs rendered in Celestia.

I'm still coming to grips with the dual-black hole. I know that the gravitational dynamic of such an arrangement would produce an unusual equipotential gravitational Roche field, shaped like a figure 8, or more properly two egg shapes, pointed ends toward each other. Since we can't actually see the gravity field, we would observe the effects on objects within it, like stars, planets, plasma, gas, and light waves. of course, beyond the event horizon of each black hole, we would see 'nothing', since light from there can't escape. those event horizons would be the egg shapes pointed toward each other, and there would be less distortion further and further from them.

I've got the 'egg shapes' which I developed for a Celestia simulation of Robert L. Forwards novel "Rocheworld", I'll just have to investigate the other factors to see what I can come up with.

nenothtu out

Edit: fixed link

[edit on 2009/4/3 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Wow.
Very trippy - and very cool!
I can't wait to hear more what this woman has to say.

Oh I hope you write this *woman* she saw (in the long flowing sari) into your character!

Maybe that's the Space Witch Loam was talking to and she's contacting you via telepathy (or however) - getting you ready for whatever is coming down the pike as well as Loam???

*Got the Chills*

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I could have written something substantive about the meeting, but I thought it better for you to do that. Then I could go back later and add more detail from my perspective, if you wish.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

There ya go!

You sneaky thing you, lol.

It's a bit long, but, I haven't posted in days it seems and even what I did was severely cut!

And if I don't get one star for working in my moniker will now be ATS Silo (Apprentice To Ship or Attendant to Ship Silo) I'll cry.

Naw... Writing it was fun enough, I don't need a star!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sometimes the story is so good I rush off to read the next post, on many occassions I have to go back and star because I forget, lol. I hope you have posted as I am always looking forward to your contribution.

As for meditation last night, well I couldnt seem to get the owner of the health food store out of my mind and some of the things she said, so I just told the Tall Woman that I am sorry I am poor at picking up but that I wont give up trying.

I did sleep very soundly and today feel like goofing off rather than hitting the tiller. Oh wellllll Ill just keep jumping on every now and then as I am waiting for someone, anyone to enter the RB. No rush, realllly.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Nice. Will you be posting something similar in the storyline?
I'm looking forward to some of the new graphics I hope it wont come into conflict with some of the stuff I'm working on for my posts.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Marvelous job on the dialog silo, very enjoyable post!

[edit on 3-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well... it seems Interrex Captain Loam will have to cut you a new badge. The (Stowaway) one just won't do anymore.

And Silo, that is, Attendant To Ship Silo... Learn to salute.” Captain Loam commanded as he snapped out a perfect ell before moving off.

I like the new development.

Nice post also, silo.
Ncely written and a pleasure to read.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I always Star Ya!

WHERE IS QA???????

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Since your link takes me to my pictures instead. Here is an alternate link Neno's gallery

Edit to add:

Slayer69,
Since your an active member of the thread as far as I'm concerned any artwork that you come up with has priority. Mine is simply "use if you wish".

I believe the space station is something that that Nenothtu simply likes and doesn't really pertain to the story line at this point. If nature want's to incorporate it then that's cool, if nothing else I'm just glad that he was able to use it for his own fun.

Likewise, any ship designs that get used of mine are strictly in an advisory mode and in no way are official unless we are told otherwise. If Nature wants to throw anything in the future...... well that's not my decision. I have no idea what he's gonna throw at you people. (chuckle)

I've also created a separate directory for any test pictures. Link

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Deson]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Wow I am a bit freaked out with the focous coming from the witch on me. LOL

I may be writing fiction but these are all concepts and theories that I believe do exist. I believe that I exist simultaneously in multiple dimensions.

I believe in time travel but writing it, oh my! LOL
I will be working on the concepts thru research this weekend. I am sort of waiting on the rip, the captian or something to come up. Know what I mean.

Good job everyone!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Seems I need to work on my linkage skills. I suspect that link I posted will take ANY user to their own picture gallery, assuming they are logged in. So far, reports are 2 for two in taking the user to their own gallery.

The space station design allowed us to work out the modelling bugs, (and I mean WORK!), and will be rechristened and officially 'relocated' to the Earth-Moon L2 point, as L2 Station. That seems to be our R+R and refit point for Penelope.

i haven't got into the story thread yet today, but I got one for Penelope's departure from the station, and hope I can figure out way to work the viewpoint into the story. If not, I reckon it'll just be like a TV cutaway shot.

Edit to try relinking the gallery HERE
let me know if this one works right.

Here's the shot of Penelope leaving Deson's L2 Station. I've added Penelope's name and registration number along the side of the bow. Full size version is in my gallery.

Edit: changed link to Improve visibility of embedded picture.

new topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join