It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I know but it still seems like there should be some reference to him, heck I dont even know what species he is and I know him from Beteguise...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
ranier.hq.nasa.gov...

Found this site which may contain some helpful terminology for our adventure, I saved it to favorites and figured I could always adlib a few words within reson to come up with verbiage that will sound more scifish...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Good find, antar.

I can't wait until someone uses the 'Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor' to contact Lord Darkness.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Deson

Have you checked to see if there are newer software add ons yet?
Also check to see if here are any good third party add ons non official. Some tend to be pretty good. just a thought.

We're both checking to see if there are any sort of converters. His Celstia can handle 3ds format files and my attempts at exporting some of my Bryce creations have been less than successful. One possibility that we've been exploring as a work around is to have him create The background (stars, Nebulas, etc) in the form of a Jpg and then I can import it into Bryce as a 2D object. Then all I need to do is place the ship (or what have you) in front of it and render the result. I have a test of that right now in my picture gallery showing a space station in front of a black hole. Until I can reinstall Bryce 6.1 I can't export anything that he can really use at the moment. Parts seem to vanish off of the item. I figure that it's a problem with my Bryce software due to a messed up upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1. Or at least that's what I hope the problem is. In the meantime I can see about doing some creating using my older Bryce 5.5 (Such things as the Hover board concept mentioned in an earlier post).

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

I can't wait until someone uses the 'Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor' to contact Lord Darkness.

*perk* Where can I get one of these or is it a psychological disorder?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
And also the scraping sound that I think Qa is hearing, do we work this in as some kind of scary element or is it an outside whitenoise type interference she is picking up from the tear in our Universe?

It could be that each one of us begins rapidly to sense or hear or even see this anomoly in our own ways.

I think we all have established our charaters enough to start diving into some real adventure, and as stated in the begining it is a consensus and a personal viwe from our own prospectives which will actually help hold this together a little tighter.

I dont know maybe I am just grouchy today,

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Omgoodness I stopped upon reading that particular one to share!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ok so is nature considering the idea that we are all going to be on different sides of the fence as far as the Dark Energy Lord? I actually really like the idea.

And are you "Nature" like the Polar opposite to the Dark Lord? It would give you a rest if another took that position and threw in some stuff from time to time. It would have to be a Sci-fi loving Mod with some tec savy...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Not a bad idea, antar.

How about a triumverate?

Bad - The Dark Lord (Dark Energy capable of destroying the binding force in atoms)

Indifferent - NATURE (reports on things that 'happen' only)

Good - The Lord of Light (cohesive matter or the binding force in atoms)

[edit on 31/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Here are a few examples of what I put together from the site:
Liquid phase molecular beam- LPMB
Metallo-bioorganic semiconductors MBS
organometallic vapor phase transistor OVPT

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

And it does not mean that an individual is good or bad depending upon their views of the ultimate control force in the Universe right?

Yet sort of like in Buddism there are some who choose to take the middle path or neti-neti neither this nor that.

I have to say that Einstein had begun working on the ultimate meeting of science and religion before he died, he was experimenting on himself and his connection to the cosmos through intensive meditation.

I personally see that the ultimate truth for all living beings in this Universe will be the perfect blending of both Science of the outer and Meditaion the science of the inner. very deeply I feel this.

So for me or for my character I would see this as already having happend.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67

Originally posted by masqua

*perk* Where can I get one of these or is it a psychological disorder?

Neno whispers "pssst! pssst! Over her!" and opens a trenchcoat completely lined with black-market Heterojunction Bipolar Transistors.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Google Ummo or Ummite letters for some in depth Einstein bending synthesis of religion and science. Purported to be from "extraterrestrial" contacts, what of it I could understand sorta blew my mind. I read the letters around a year or two ago, and still yet wisps of smoke curl out of my ears sometimes from the explosion. Hyper-dimensional instantaneous communication theory, all kinds of goodies that might apply to this wee little opera.

Ummite Physics and Metaphysics - Essential Texts

[edit on 2009/3/31 by nenothtu]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

In the end conclusions I find his analysis quite redundant and reminiscent of changing one known philosophy for another known rather than to admit that there are vast amounts of consciousness available which he has not the ability to comprehend at this juncture. You cannot put everything which is of the unknowable into the known category.

I did find this paragraph interesting no doubt with implications even the author was not aware of in its truth.

An evolution in our general knowledge, acquired by us, allowing us to better understand the universe in which we live (evolution life on Earth and the biotopes, for instance) and to understand the universes (let us call them " parallel ") which are of primordial and transcendent importance for explaining of the finality of our existence, and thus the way to conduct ourselves during the few years we spend down here.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wow you guys have way jumped ahead with the Rip Lord Dark

I was thinking that maybe once (if we are going with the rip) we all find out about the rip
my character might be drawn to it. Like we all on some level want reunion with The Creator/God Source. Just thinking....

I believe that God is Science, I am up for whatever works to make the story interesting.

PS: My computer at home still is freezing up on the first page of our story thread, really weird.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Try backing up all your saves then you might want to consider a fresh install with all the patches applied then re import the saves. Also have you tried getting the latest video drivers?

You said something about issues with the skins are these all milk shade with no skins yet or are you trying with some of the textures already applied?

Or am I in left field here?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I had some problems and then installed combofix, I just typed in the address bar 'combofix" and it took me to combofix.org and I was on my way. great program, once complete run it again and then your usual antivirus. Also defragmenting from time to time helps.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Whisper ---
Eeek!
I just woke up (in Space Opera)...

Seems my time table id off from the rest of the ship with others just heading to bed - but - since I haven't met anyone else on Ship but Antar (and the knock on the head) it doesn't seem out of place my time is off.

I might be able to sneak another post in - but - really I can't do any more until I talk to Captain Loam and get it straight what I'm going to be doing on Ship.

I can't imagine a Captain as well in command as Loam would just allow a so called Stowaway to wander about with no direction or interview and as I don't want to undermine the credibility of his character I kind of have to wait for an Audience with his Captainess before I go on!

Have fun all!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Here is my old post on this. (I did not put it in quotes this time.)

I think the Tribunal control needs to be split up. I don't think I should control it alone.

That being said......

Who want's to control Rear Admiral Jonathan "Hellacious" Holingsworth III?

One of Fooks posts mentions that this admiral owed Fooks one. So I think he should be most angry at Nenothtu for Fooks murder.

Originally posted by fooks

Tried to settle down but didn't work out. My dog died the same day the divorce was final. Tore me up.
Sooooo...I had kept my flight status up all along and asked for an active duty transfer.

Rear Admiral Johnathan “Hellacious” Hollingsworth III, owed me.

Who want's to control Admiral Stevenson? John Q introduced him. He seems pretty level headed. He did have "many friends and colleagues’ stationed on the Nimitz" though.

Originally posted by John Q
This was noted in his transfer documents issued by Admiral Stevenson for Captain Luder.

It is with my recommendation that Chief Engineer John Q should be given his first commission to serve aboard the USS Penelope. Due to the fact he has studied an extra two years at the academy to achieve his Chief Engineer status, there is no one I would recommend more than him, nor is there anyone who understands wormhole technology better than him. He also has the ability to stay calm in the most intense situations even when pushed to his uttermost limits.

With that said, my only concern that I have is his lack of time spent in space or shall we say his lack of mission time. We all understand the pressure that comes with serving aboard a Federation ship and we all realise that this career is not suitable for everyone.

So Captain, if I may, would you please allow him some time whilst he adjusts to Federation life aboard a starship and offer any help should he need it.

May I also take this opportunity to wish you the best of luck with your mission. I have many friends and colleagues’ stationed on the Nimitz, we are all waiting for their safe return home.

Godspeed, Captain.

Admiral Stevenson.

I'll control Admiral Gordon since I introduced him. I would have had control be for the people who introduced these Admirals but John Q has asked for leave and Fooks is gone.

Just wondering, is everyone waiting for me to post on the Tribunal?

I figured it would be best not to write the characters arriving at the Tribunal, due to the fact that would be writing another persons role. So that is why I have not written anything about that.....yet.

EDIT: Now I have written about the Tribunal but only have the Admirals talking to each other.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You all wanted religion and big rips...I have provided the seeds to both.

reply to post by silo13

Originally posted by silo13
I might be able to sneak another post in - but - really I can't do any more until I talk to Captain Loam and get it straight what I'm going to be doing on Ship.

I can't imagine a Captain as well in command as Loam would just allow a so called Stowaway to wander about with no direction or interview and as I don't want to undermine the credibility of his character I kind of have to wait for an Audience with his Captainess before I go on!

I just sent you a U2U. I need your help in this regard. I love the uniqueness of your character so much! Frankly, I have largely avoided you because I didn't want to damage your vision on how to proceed...

Give me some direction, and I will whip up a post to make it happen.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by loam]

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join