It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yydryl Crew -

Unless some of you have objections (and please let me know if you do) I've got something exciting (I think) planned for that big hole in the middle of the Ship, so, I call *dibs* on it (lol) - again, unless any of you have great objections...and then I’ll make you arm wrestle for it.
Wait that isn’t a good idea - you all out arm me...
Anyway, the creation I’ve come up with wont *show* from the outside, but, I'm sure all you tentacled beings will truly ENJOY the *inside* - both your Regalian bodies and stomachs will really be quite pleased!
And it will lend a grand setting for some trysting...
As it wont interfere with the integrity of Ship in any way - and goes on to support the *Live Ship* theme, I hope you don't mind...

Let me know - or if you need more information I can show you some of it here in the creation thread before posting on the finished idea thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Good morning Friends! Had some comp problems yesterday but we will see today.

Loved the last few posts in the thread and look forward to all the new ideas being offered to it.

Have a few of my own which I hope to get to at some point today as the weather for my organic farm will be in good favor starting tomorrow and for the next several days.

What did you guys think of the new short story contest? I love it and am excited to see the entries on this one.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I will work with/around any ideas you care to contribute. For me personally I'm not picky about what you guys do, I'll work with it in some way, shape or form.

Hm... organic, middle of the ship, makes my belly happy... gardens, orchards, farms, a zoo perhaps?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scurvy
a zoo perhaps?

hates zoos, but the again, I ain't no Rigellian, am I?

I'm considering a new 'main thread' twist in the coming days and need a graphic of two merging black holes for the announcement. Stars around them should show 'gravitational lensing'. This will certainly also contain a report of a HUGE wormhole... so big it has never been seen before and will, of course, wipe out an entire alien race. Your choice on who.

Could the CGI experts come up with something, please? No rush. I'd like to wait and see how things develop in the trial first anyways.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
... so big it has never been seen before and will, of course, wipe out an entire alien race. Your choice on who.

Rock, paper, scissors humans?
Are we eliminating Betels or ACs instead of one of our own races?
Perhaps Rigel gets consumed and in our journeys for a new home world we encounter the human vs. AC mortal kombat going down.
Some ideas. I have no preference.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Will this mean that some time in our near future that both ships or battle groups would have to combine forces and fight off a third hostile force which is on the move away from this massive black hole in search of new worlds and they run smack into our two fleets?

Both crews would have to collaborate in order to fight off this invading force in order to SURVIVE this overwhelmingly superior alien threat.

That would be cool

Just a thought

[edit on 2-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

I'm considering a new 'main thread' twist in the coming days and need a graphic of two merging black holes for the announcement. Stars around them should show 'gravitational lensing'. This will certainly also contain a report of a HUGE wormhole... so big it has never been seen before and will, of course, wipe out an entire alien race. Your choice on who.

Here is something I just did it's a work in progress something just off the cuff

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Can't wait to see what you have in store.
Your character is cute.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Will this mean that some time in our near future that both ships or battle groups would have to combine forces and fight off a third hostile force which is on the move away from this massive black hole in search of new worlds and they run smack into our two fleets?

Both crews would have to collaborate in order to fight off this invading force in order to SURVIVE this overwhelmingly superior alien threat.

That would be cool

You're a pretty quick study!

That's exactly what I have in mind. It was talked about from the earliest posts in the opera that the Yydryl and Penelope crews would eventually be thrown together in a mutual cause, but not without some initial conflict.

I was thinking along the lines of mutual distrust and how that could develop into some fights, but there needs to be an overall threat which both face equally.

I DON'T think we want to destroy either the Earth and its colonies, nor the Rigellians around Orion, but there needs to be a third race of aliens suddenly homeless and looking for a new base. That's the dangerous bunch, both because they are a threat to Orion and Earth and that they DO need a place to call home. Wiping them all out would not be do-able nor sensible.

We can have some nice battles, a pile of diplomacy, spies... you name it.

What do you all think?

BTW... I liked that initial black hole pic.

Edit to add that the humungous wormhole also has a potent effect on the story. It's there, it's big and where can it take us?

[edit on 2/4/09 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well I am on my slow boat to china comp again... so just made my last post and was hoping masqua could edit for badge, if it is soon I can edit again and save the badge in the right place to this comp. Or just u2u me the correct way again... I seemed to have only saved in my media the one that goes in the center.

Feeling alot of spiritual energy in the universe today, and wonder just how far off we are on this space opera from the truth of where we are in the ultimate plan.

Wouldnt it be odd if we were creating a reality in some parallele Universe or dimension? If so my character has interface with all comps and never has to stumble type and wait for help from comp men all the time.

I know that for as spiritual as my character is, she has a problem with U-mans breaking into the higher spaces of our shared dimension, or soon to be shared dimension as they are so crude and cruel and barbaric. I recall going on vacation with my parents once to view a catastrope which happend over 300 years ago, it was an amazing display of lifeforce and energy leaving the planet at one time, that and we were able to harness enough Hydrogen energy for several hundreds of years for our entire planet.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Whose at your door?

Very cool thoughts on the parallel reality.

Where has QA been? Whisper?
Loam really good post yesterday.

More as a reader than a writer, I want to know whats happeneing everbody.

Good job U man crew post at the Tribunal.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Here's mine!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Scurvy no wonder Whisper is so Hot for you but where are your tentacles?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Marvel didn't have any
Just these big claw things that didn't work. I figure this is a human representation of Rigellian Scurvy, he even has a comm.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Reminds me of David Carradine

Kung Fool!

[edit on 2-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
ok, correct me if I'm wrong but the people from Rigel are from a variety of species correct?

Between beating my . against the wall concerning exporting graphics and other things I've been a bit distracted lately.

Note that these thoughts are concerning the Yydryl.

Anyhoo,

As far as the design for the inside of the ship transports (Hoverboards) I'm gonna make a small decision here based on a couple of assumptions.
I realize that there will be beings outside of the boundry but I figure that the Builders (Growers?) of the ship will be settling on averages.

1) That the vast majority of the crew are going to be upright, bi-pedal (or tripedal if using tentacles for moving) beings.

2) At least 2 manipulative (and no more than 3) limbs.

3) Height will vary between 5 foot and 6.5 feet in size.

4) Dietary needs will run anything from Vegetarian to Omnivorous and carnivorous.

5) Items like chairs and beds will be able to conform themselves to whomever sits in them (within limits). Chairs are likely to be a flat padded seat with a back that can conform to the sitter for example.

6) Backs on said chairs will have a hole located near the bottom of the seat back allowing for such things as either a tail or in the case of a Tripedal legged being for one leg to stick out the back.

7) Control systems for such things as fighters, In ship transports, and other control systems would be of two types.
a) Standard buttons, switches, steering yokes etc. For usage by the vast majority.
b) A set of 3 holes in which beings who have such things as tentacles would use. To use them you insert your manipulative limbs and sensors read the position of your "hands" and thus do the equivalent of flipping switches, rotating dials, etc. by your moving of your "hands". It would be assumed that a standard "limb language" would be used.

8) Both ships would have the equivalent of Elevators for usage by crew. Note that since the Yydryl is an organic ship the elevators would be modified "Seed pods" that would travel inside of the ship walls.

These are some thoughts of mine that I've come up with. If anyone has any thoughts on how I might be wrong, please let me know.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Deson]

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Deson]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I LIKE the way you think, Deson. Some good ideas there!

Here's some science for perusal by the crews of the Yydryl and the Penelope as a backdrop to the event of the proposed colliding black holes. We don't NEED to use this material in the opera, but I'd like to put it out there anyways as something to at least consider.

So, what causes gravity, what the heck is mass and why does it exist?

Mass

The subatomic particle that is the focus of this story is sometimes referred to as the "God particle," after the title of Nobel laureate Leon Lederman's lighthearted 1993 popular particle physics book "The God Particle: If the Universe is the Answer, What is the Question?"

[snip]

Higgs predicted the existence of the boson while working at the University of Edinburgh to explain how atoms -- and the objects they make up -- have weight.

Without the particle, the basic physics theory -- the “standard model” -- lacks a crucial element, because it fails to explain how other subatomic particles -- such as quarks and electrons -- have mass.

The Higgs theory is that the bosons create a field through which the other particles pass.

The particles that encounter difficulty going through the field as though they are passing through molasses pick up more inertia, and mass. Those that pass through more easily are lighter.

www.livescience.com...

Dark Matter

The secrets of dark matter, the mysteries of the so-called God particle, and extra dimensions in the universe are just a few of the exotic discoveries scientists are hoping to make with the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), a 17-mile (27-kilometer) circular tunnel running 300 feet (91 meters) underground near Geneva.

www.livescience.com...

Dark Energy

"It is very possible, though we don't know, that the very peculiar value -- 73 percent or whatever it is -- of the dark energy is in fact not a fundamental quantity," Livio said. "In order for this to happen, you must have many universes."

And, Livio and other cosmologists argue, current theories for how our universe began allow for an infinite number of what he calls "pocket universes," of which we are just one.

"The values of some things like the dark energy could be different in different pocket universes," Livio maintains. "But not all of them would allow life. If the value of dark energy in our universe were more than 10 times larger than it is, galaxies would never have formed, and we wouldn't be here to talk about it."

www.space.com...

Dark Matter and Light Energy

When a scientist peers into space, either through a standard telescope or with the aid of a fancy space-based observatory, the things she observes emit light energy, called electromagnetic radiation.

Some of this radiation is optical -- the visible light you see with your eyes. But this is just one type of light energy. Electromagnetic radiation comes in many wavelengths: radio waves (the longest), infrared, optical, ultraviolet, X-rays and short gamma rays (the shortest, and also the highest form of energy. See more details on these wavelengths at the bottom of this page).

Galaxies, nebulae, stars, trees, microscopic bugs and anything else that can be observed glows with energy at one of these wavelengths.

But in recent decades, researchers have become increasingly convinced that there is a vast amount of material in the universe that does not glow at all. This mysterious "dark matter" is believed by most scientists to be the most common stuff in the universe, perhaps making up 90 percent or more of the total mass.

www.space.com...

Two Black Holes

Pair of Supermassive Black Holes Inhabit Same Galaxy, Destined to Collide

Researchers have known that the galaxy known as NGC 6240 has two bright spots, called nuclei, near its center, based on observations with radio, infrared and optical telescopes. Since the central region of the galaxy is shrouded in dust, however, it cant be observed in much detail.

[snip]

"They are now spiraling towards each other," Komossa said of that future event. "The final merging of the black holes, to form a single one of larger mass, will be accompanied by an enormous burst of gravitational waves."

These waves will spread through the universe, causing ripples in the fabric of space that astronomers would be able to detect as tiny changes in distance between two points.

[snip]

When all is said and done, few stars are likely to remain in the vicinity of the merged and more massive black hole.

www.space.com...

Wormholes from Hollywood?

Wormholes seem to be unstable. If you try to travel through one, it would collapse into a black hole, which kind of sucks," said MIT physicist Max Tegmark.

It might be possible, however, to stabilize wormholes with dark energy, the enigmatic force driving the accelerating expansion of the universe. Of course, since dark energy is a mystery, it remains unknown whether there is any way to actually use it.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson

8) Both ships would have the equivalent of Elevators for usage by crew. Note that since the Yydryl is an organic ship the elevators would be modified "Seed pods" that would travel inside of the ship walls.

I likes
I LIKES!

Bravo very outside the box

I can't wait for some proofs

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Now you're getting into my fields of ATS Research
Electro-Gravitics

I go into that and many other theories in my ground breaking thread here. It may apply to some of the topics just covered. Please feel free to use it as a reference.

Definitive Back Engineered Alien Technology Research thread

Welcome

My partner in crime Bob Down Under and I have been pulling information from previously posted ATS threads and from across the web, to provide what we believe to be proof of Back Engineering Alien technology and that it is going on right under our noses.

If you are looking for a quick read May I suggest the Encyclopedia Brittanica or War and Peace, because this will be a long thread on subjects ranging from recovered craft to Government cover ups to releasing High Technology into the mainstream consumer markets and the history of how this may have happened and is still taking place to this day.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Now THERE'S a couple of months worth of reading! Lot's of good meat in there, especially the focus on liquid metals. Shape-shifting starships?

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join