It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 350
<< 347  348  349    351  352  353 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Tut-tut... I'm merging you-two together again!!

My 'Gramps' -on my Father's side worked in the local Locomotive Works
and I'm not sure what my Mom's pa did... he was long-dead before I came on the stage.

I recall that after the Great War, my Mom told me that he came back with no physical
scars -but would wake in the night with a sudden gasp.
The poor man was once scraping the wallpaper of the walls of their house during
re-decorating and with plaster being a mixture of ash and lime, dust got into his eyes.

A week later, he was blind in one of them.

My Dad was in the Navy during the 2nd World War and he used to get conned into
Boxing whilst aboard his ship. "54 fights and only won two of 'em" he used to say,
but a friend of his once told me otherwise.
He always hid his light.

My Mom was from Romany-stock and could be often found conversing with
'those-who-have-gone-over' Just ponder on what that may do to a lad's imagination!!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Close enough.

No, not 'close enough'!

You wrote my character completely out of character once already. I wrote around it. Then, behind the scenes in private U2U I nicely asked you not to write for my character again. Obviously - you've continued - and I find your lack of respect for another writer appalling.

It's too late for me to edit it, and it's not worth troubling Masqua over. Good grief.

BS! And no 'good grief' about it.

I've made to this character my life for over three years of writing for her. Not you, not anyone has a right to corrupt that. No right.

And you say it's 'not worth it'? Once again - again - your lack of respect for another writer is appalling.

I repeat - Silo NEVER would have allowed a kiss between them.

Period.

And if he tried? Neno would have taken him OUT before Silo knifed him herself - as she has done before under similar circumstances in the story line.

Change it. Make it a fantasy in Adam's mind - whatever - I don't care but that kiss never happened.

Added note: I shouldn't have to ask you a second time so now I'm telling you. Do not 'write' for or about Silo again without clearing it first with me in the working thread. I allowed you the opportunity - you abused it - not once, but twice. It's not going to happen again.

This is non negotiable.

peace
edit on 20-5-2012 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I didn't write for her. I wrote what I remembered happened, and this is just like you got huffy when you thought she was "shot" but she wasn't.

I've asked every time for cooperation with my scenes and letting you all know who I'm planning to use, in what capacity. You have continued to write disjointed posts without regard for others' scenario setups, or what's going on, and then started demanding you not be over-posted. YOU pulled Adam out of his crisis with Dag and sent him to a mushy moment with Silo, NOT ME.

Enough. Stop trying to set me up to fail. I'll keep writing. You're not in charge here, silo. I've determined not to TOUCH Silo or any of your new "girls," or even "Pip." YOU SET IT UP FOR ME TO TAKE SSLAR, and here I had already decided not to have any more to do with your disconnected agenda. Just when I was thinking 'meh', whatever, I don't need Dag to interact with silo anyway...and she's already hijacked Adam with not so much as a "may I" or a "my bad." --- then you show up with a "token of cooperation" and offer Pip as a messenger.

Why did you do that? I'd have left you alone, and I'd have left Adam alone too. You suggested this latest interaction.
I've asked you repeatedly to tell me who is writing for Adam. You failed to do so, and then claim you don't know why I asked about it. You are making this difficult, and you are doing it deliberately.

Excuse the hell out of me for interpreting what you WROTE that she and Adam shared that moment. You wrote it. She allowed her cheek to smell his musty, springy chest hair, and swayed with him for a few moments and got all weepy because she saw he "cared" -- then you mocked me for being alarmed that you did so -- when he was VERY upset about Dag....WTF?!!

Again, deal with it. I'm not negotiating with you, and frankly, I find your attitude appalling, bossy, uncooperative, selfish, and shallow. If you're not having fun any more, leave. But stop with the passive aggressive stuff. I don't need your permission to write in this story, I have masqua's. I didn't even need to be "vetted", like you claimed when you first invited me. You DID invite me, and now I have a vested interest in this.

I suggested we have a reader come in to help us, and you shot that down. No matter what I do, you find a way to get pissy and make me look bad or stupid or lame. Not working anymore. I'm over it.

Lay off of criticizing and bashing me. Work on your own writing. What do you mean "Not Negotiable"? It's not your thread, it's masqua's. And I have as much right to be here as anyone else.

edit on 20-5-2012 by wildtimes because: poor sportsmanship and lack of collaboration is uncalled for in this thread. I'm sticking to my guns.

And furthermore...Silo WAS shot this time, weak in in need of recovery...and then suddenly she's bitching at Tibbs with Mucklebones, while Mucklebones was very much busy....and then she's back to being weak and in need of rest? Do you not see how you write her out of character yourself? How you jump around without resolving anything? You've demanded I write around many an infraction, and I did.

I'm tired of walking on egg-shells for your ego.

Silo's character has changed immensely over the last couple of months. Just sayin'. She needs to get her act together and decide whether she's going after Adam, or Newman, or how she's going to deal with her grief over Gep, and Ship being no longer accessible. She needs to go take care of the child she brought on board and stop injecting herself in other scenes when her own ducks are decidedly NOT in a row. Where is Pip staying? What plan does she have to build her cabin?

Why are you snippy to me, but hunky-dory with everyone else?

What the hell is going on with you? Control issue?
edit on 20-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I didn't write for her.

No, this time you re-wrote FACT and no one has the right to do that. Not you, not anyone.

I wrote the scene as it happened. Period. There was no kiss.

Oh - and if there was? Neno would have taken Adam OUT if he‘d tried - if Silo didn’t knife Adam first (like she has before).

Write around it all you want - make it a fantasy of Adam’s - whatever - but not you or anyone else has the right to change so blatantly and out of character what has already been established as fact.

FYI: Silo's 5'3. Adam is well over 6 foot. Where do you think she's going to have her face pressed when the two shared a hug? It was AWKWARD as stated in the story line - though comfort was found, it was awkward. Now, a kiss would have been a whole different ballgame. But - a kiss didn't happen. As for your 'close enough' - lol - that's like being 'kinda pregnant' - either you are, or you're not. Either it happened - or it didn't.

It didn't happen.

peace

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

I was at the movies the other day with my mom....Dark Shadows...loads of fun movie...but during the previews, there were several lengthy adds for an upcoming 3-part miniseries about the Hatfields and McCoys. Wow...talk about brutal! Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton are in it, and the trailers were ALL about murdering each other, firing squads, heads blown off at arm's length, shrieking women and pissed off guys.

Yikes. Is it really like that? Or was it??

All sorts of feuds kick up there, even to this day. The Hatfield-McCoy feud is overblown in the tales, but there WAS a fair bit of killing going on there across the Tug Fork. I'm kin to the mcCoys, and one of my friends growing up was kin to the Hatfields, but we got along just fine. That may be even more surprising considering that my great great grandpap killed one of his kin - the Vance-Horton feud. Abner Vance went to trial and was hung for it, so i reckon it blew over after a few generations.

When I was in high school, the Duncans and Grizzles were feuding. One of them got ambushed on his way to work in the mines early one morning by 6 of the opposing clan. He jumped out of his truck and shot 4 of them, ran over 2, then backed up and ran over one of THOSE again, then went on to work. The deputies picked him up at work and asked why he left the scene. he said, and I quote "I weren't gunna miss a day's work over them sumbitches." he spent 2 days in jail and had his pistol confiscated by the law, and as soon as he got out his kin bought him another pistol just in case....

Yeah, there was and is feuds that flare up in them thar hills every now and again, and they get rough at times. Theose feuds were the basis for "the Clan Wars of Vandalia" in neno's character writeup.

There is still a story told of my grandpa on my dad's side beating hell out of the high Sheriff one time. He was walking home from a job, passed through town and got a snootful to drink, then went on his way staggering home. the Sheriff took exception to that, tried to arrest him, and got left in a heap in the street. Gramps went on his merry way, unmolested. He had picked up some odd ball martial art that no one can identify these days that doesn't take long to bend a fella into a pretzel shape and tie him up with his own appendages. It''s not any of the oriental styles. I'm told it's Shawnee, but can't prove it. That's what got passed on to pap, and then me, and now my son. Dad bent up a hand-to hand instructor with it when he was in the army. it works pretty well, and not many can counter it, because they're used to karate and judo and all that Japanese rigamarole. I used it to throw a fella that weight about twice what I did at the time for about 12 feet. Sailed right through the air, pretty as you please, then rolled down a hillside.

Did either of your gramps ride horses or mules? How did they do market-stuff? Wagon? How far away from town were they, or did they live in towns? Holy cow. How did he get the carpentry and stones to the site? Or were they dropped off ahead of time?

There was a little community store in a wide spot in the dirt road at the foot of the mountain where my dad grew up, It was one of those combination general store - post office thingies. the foundation is still there, but the store is long gone, that's how the got their coffee and sugar and stuff they couldn't grow or make. Mom's family (the coal miner side) shopped at the Company Store with mine scrip, which was also right there local, within walking distance.

Dad worked horses - plowed, drew wagons and sleds, etc. depending on the weather. When i was growing up, he insisted I learn that, too, in case I ever needed to know. We had a wagon, and built a half-sole horse sled for winter use. the soles of the runners we made by splitting a hickory sapling down the middle and pegging it to the sled runners with wooden pegs - that's what made it a "half sole" sled. When the soles wore down, we just snatched them off and split another sapling. Even when I was growing up, we always used horses for gardening. I was the lucky one that got to break 'em to ride - I had 3 sisters, and none of them were up for getting thrown and tossed around until I'd gotten the horses used to the saddle. I've been dragged off against trees, thrown, and stomped a couple of times when I didn't scoot away fast enough by cantankerous critters until I convinced them just who was the Alpha.

I know my great grandpa on my mom's side used to ride a horse everywhere he went - he rode a big-assed Belgian draft horse of all things, and carried a pistol everywhere he went. He probably picked up that habit from HIS dad, who was in the 22nd VA Cavalry during the Civil War. I expect he never got out of the habit of going armed, all things considered.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Silo WAS shot this time, weak in in need of recovery...and then suddenly she's bitching at Tibbs with Mucklebones, while Mucklebones was very much busy..

Go back in the story line and take a wee peek at who wrote Muckles and Tibbs 'away' from your scenario first.

End of discussion.
I just went with what was already there.

FYI: Silo has been nearly dead and really dead a time or two now in the story - which I might add helps support Neno's everlasting-ness godhood non-kill-able stuff he does so well.

Silo's PHARS? It HEALS her. So no, it's not 'out of character' for her at all to be up and at it before the blood dries but I can see how it would confuse someone who didn't know her or hadn't read the back story.

Look W.T, this has nothing to do with my being controlling or bossy or whatever you're going on about because I could care less what you do with the rest of the characters - but leave Silo alone. She's my creation. No one has the right to change that, or her. Period.

Respect for readers and our fellow writers means we stay within FACT. We can write around it if we need to but we can't change FACT someone else has written. This supposed kiss is like writing in BIAD suddenly has eyes. It's not fact. It's not true. It's not possible. It did not happen. Pretty simple that.

peace

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I've been dragged off against trees, thrown, and stomped a couple of times when I didn't scoot away fast enough by cantankerous critters until I convinced them just who was the Alpha.

Heh...yup, all of the above....and I've got the visible scars and at least 3 healed bone fractures to prove it...!!

Love 'em, though. Too old now, I think...that whole mortality thing is looming much larger now than it did 20 years ago....or 40 years ago, when I first started riding snotty Shetland ponies around this guy's place for a quarter an hour. Nasty critters, they could be!! Ah, the stories I could tell...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Tut-tut... I'm merging you-two together again!!

My 'Gramps' -on my Father's side worked in the local Locomotive Works
and I'm not sure what my Mom's pa did... he was long-dead before I came on the stage.

I recall that after the Great War, my Mom told me that he came back with no physical
scars -but would wake in the night with a sudden gasp.
The poor man was once scraping the wallpaper of the walls of their house during
re-decorating and with plaster being a mixture of ash and lime, dust got into his eyes.

A week later, he was blind in one of them.

If you ever get a chance to watch "War Horse", take it. I think you'll like it. All that blasted gas would make ME wake up in the night fighting for breath after a bad dream of a narrow miss with it!

My Dad was in the Navy during the 2nd World War and he used to get conned into
Boxing whilst aboard his ship. "54 fights and only won two of 'em" he used to say,
but a friend of his once told me otherwise.
He always hid his light.

I can't handle boxing at all - I never got used to fist fights, and automatically go with training, so when someone takes that Marquis of Queensbury stance, it ain't long before I'm trying to tangle his arms up or take his knees out. If I can get hold of one wrist, that's usually all it takes, and he's done. I can't help it - it's just an automatic thing. I'd fail and fail HARD at boxing. that cam from gramps, too. No idea where he got it, but it's probably been in the family for generations at least. There weren't many martial arts studios up in them hills in the early 1900's, and boxing is for gentlemen, which were few and far between up there at that time, too.

My Mom was from Romany-stock and could be often found conversing with
'those-who-have-gone-over' Just ponder on what that may do to a lad's imagination!!

I talk to dead people. It's spooky when they talk back! Careful - that sort of thing can be hereditary. My dad was like that. In his case it had something to do with being born with a "caul" or "behind a veil" or something. he frequently "knew" things he shouldn't have known, That was spooky, too - especially when i was a teenager! Couldn't get away with NOTHING!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Beyond that - respect for readers and writers means we stay within FACT. We can write around it if we need to but we can't change FACT someone else has written. This supposed kiss is like writing in BIAD suddenly has eyes. It's not fact. It's not true. It's not possible. It did not happen. Pretty simple that.

Oh, okay.
Here ya go:

Adam is insane.

Have fun fleshing him out. Oh, and btw, now perhaps they ARE through, because Dag is already off-board with Muckles, Ben, Brittle, and Sslar. And she's not coming back. Plus, when insane Adam discovers what she did, he ether won't want anything more to do with her....OR maybe he'll realize there are more important things than his neediness and he'll want to help. It's great build-up for any number of outcomes.

I'm sure you can write it up for him and thereby establish through the story-line how much you've decided for some unknown reason that you can't stand me.

As for bossy and controlling and snippy....I challenge you to go back and read your posts to me...the unfriendly, distant, cold, dismissive ones. You know as well as I do you're trying to run me off. Not gonna happen.

Take Adam, I'm done with him. Oh, but, by all means, carry on writing for BIAD or neno whenever you feel like it. .... and ripping apart build-ups without so much as a "by your leave". And of course, not taking accountability. That's your high-and-mighty privileged double-standard. Far be it from me to imagine ANYTHING about ANYONE or take advantage of characterizations I see written.

They're just CHARACTERS. Any character who hasn't evolved over 3 years, or made mistakes, or had moments of weakness or bizarre impulses and spontaneous behavior is flat and boring. Silo's erratic behavior makes no sense to me, and since you don't choose to explain her, I have to go with what you present.

So I did. One more time. In an effort to collaborate and pull together some "loose ends" that you say you hate so much.

It didn't work, and so now I'm done trying.

Onward.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Love 'em, though. Too old now, I think...that whole mortality thing is looming much larger now than it did 20 years ago....or 40 years ago, when I first started riding snotty Shetland ponies around this guy's place for a quarter an hour. Nasty critters, they could be!! Ah, the stories I could tell...

Yeah, but those Shetlands are game critters! We loaded up around 800 or 900 pounds of hay on the wagon one time and hooked a Shetland to it for a photo op. Just for the picture. The dad says "I wonder..." and sure as you're born, that 300 pound pony pulled that wagon. Didn't let her pull it far, but damned if she didn't hunker down and PULL!

When i was a kid, that same pony learned the trick of sucking air into her gut to slacken the girth on a saddle. I wound up riding upside down underneath her, and hanging on for dear life. Didn't make it too far like that, though. That was one of the times I got stomped. She walked back into the barn, and I limped into it. Chalk one up for the pony!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yeah, but those Shetlands are game critters! We loaded up around 800 or 900 pounds of hay on the wagon one time and hooked a Shetland to it for a photo op. Just for the picture. The dad says "I wonder..." and sure as you're born, that 300 pound pony pulled that wagon. Didn't let her pull it far, but damned if she didn't hunker down and PULL!

When i was a kid, that same pony learned the trick of sucking air into her gut to slacken the girth on a saddle. I wound up riding upside down underneath her, and hanging on for dear life. Didn't make it too far like that, though. That was one of the times I got stomped. She walked back into the barn, and I limped into it. Chalk one up for the pony!

You know what? I've heard there might be Shetland ponies on Khalamzadar!! Go figure!!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

If you ever get a chance to watch "War Horse", take it. I think you'll like it. All that blasted gas would make ME wake up in the night fighting for breath after a bad dream of a narrow miss with it!

My mom told me I'd love that movie...haven't made a point to do so....
but we've only just got back to a semblance of solvency here....and what with the mid-life crisis that looks like a Wide Glide and is destined to have mini-apes and other such "refinements".....we're still on a budget that leaves me out.
And my boat. And oh well....
it is what it is. Housed, fed, clothed, free to write and do chores or not, read, spend time doing what I want, and soul-search.
Not a bad trade-off. The chores I could live without...but...even so, I get around to them eventually, and stay on top of those that need topping-off regularly.

I do wish he'd remember to do his own laundry on Sundays, though......*wanders off calling out "honey?*

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The stuff that horse goes through and survives in that movie, you'd swear it was a Morgan if it hadn't been raised in England! It will definitely make you wince in a couple of places, but the end is worth the wincing.

I have a trick to prevent having to do my own laundry, and it's worked on every woman I've ever met so far - they go ballistic the first time they catch me doing it, and I never have to do it again!

Here's the trick: I just gather up EVERYTHING, and toss it all in the machine at one time - no problems having to separate stuff and all that time consuming rot! I've yet to meet a woman that can stand to see me do that!

edit on 2012/5/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yeah, I was reluctant to watch it after seeing the previews, because I didn't want to weep my eyes out...like I did during Born Free, and Mighty Joe Young and numerous other movies and books about animals being injured. I never did see Gorillas in the Mist...I knew it would cause homicidal tendencies in me.

Gotta be careful when it comes to animal exploitation or pain....I go CRAZY!

So....ponies and boats and a Steampunk theme in at least one of the small cities on Khalamzadar-IV? What do you think?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So....ponies and boats and a Steampunk theme in at least one of the small cities on Khalamzadar-IV? What do you think?

Not at first. There are no inhabitants there - whoever built the cities are all gone. I've no idea where TO, only that the cities are deserted and the planet has reverted to the wild. Horses are Earth critters, and would have to be imported from Earth. Unless the former inhabitants had come to Earth in the distant past and kidnapped some horses, there wouldn't be any native ones there. That's not to say there may not be some local version of beast which could answer the purpose that horses do. Look at the movie "Avatar", and what they had for horses.

Colonizers - if neno opens it up for colonization - would probably bring horses with them, since lo-tech beats the crap out of hi-tech when there is no infrastructure in place to support the hi-tech.

Boats for sure - 77% or the surface is covered with water, so there will be some sort of boats in the ruins - especially near the coasts. the one we're in at the moment isn't near a coast, but then again, I'm not near a coast here, either, and there are boats all over the place for the lakes.

There's "other stuff" there as well - no telling what we might find mining the ruins!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I challenge you to go back and read your posts to me...the unfriendly, distant, cold, dismissive ones. You know as well as I do you're trying to run me off. Not gonna happen.

I don't have to go back and read anything. My 'happy happy joy joy' attitude with you ceased the moment you screwed with Silo writing her so completely out of character on page 69. I ‘went with it’ once as it was my responsibility after inviting you here - but that doesn’t mean I’ll allow it again. Silo the 'CO of the Yydryl' - that still makes me cringe.

FYI again: Silo is not just a ‘character‘ as you call her. After three years and more she's as real to me as most people I know. She's come very far since the beginning of the Opera and if you'd read her history you'd know that. If she doesn't make sense to you it's part your ignorance of her history and part because she's not structured. She's far from regimented. She's no authoritarian. She's not even human. But she is free.

Now for a little more intimate view. Silo got her heart and soul ripped out when she lost Swarg. Do you even know who he is? No, you don't.

And because you've not read the back history - you have no more idea how Silo has 'changed' (or not) any more than you have a sound basis for knowing Silo would never allow a kiss from anyone EVER after her Swarg. If there was a kiss between her and Gep - it was during the time she didn't even know who she was.

And if Silo has a kiss in her future? It's for Silo to say say not you.

A little more history? The one time someone tried 'funny business' with Silo? She gutted him. Got his blood all over her knife dang-it! It’s right there in the story.

A little more about Silo who you call ‘just a character’?

Silo’s more real to me than you are. You're just someone 'out there' on the other end of some computer somewhere.

Silo? She's been part of my life for a long time now. Of course I’ve not always understood her but she always comes through one way or another for those she loves. I've learned from her, laughed with her, cried with her, loved with her, gotten pissed at her and been confused and scared with and for her. She's something that started out as a little spark and now? I'm her guardian - I guess that's the best way to put it. Now? She writes herself. And there was NO kiss.

So please, leave off the personal drama here in the Opera. Me trying to 'run you off' or whatever that hogwash is? Why? I don't have to write with you. I don't have to interact with you as long as you leave Silo alone. Sure, I enjoy your writing and having a glimpse of your psyche is...interesting. But ask you to leave 'because you're not having any fun anymore'? I'd no more be that egoistical than Silo would be.

Stayyyyyyyyyyy by all means! Have a great time, enjoy your writing and interacting with others, etc. Maybe down the line we can write again together? Who knows. But...

Don’t ever frig with Silo again.

peace
edit on 20-5-2012 by silo13 because: remove pic to post below

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Just in case you missed it.

'I'll just check quick, I'll have time...' Silo kept repeating while running for her quarters.

'The droid didn't see Swarg in the healing pod that's all.' She told herself, 'But he'll be here there this time, I know he will...he can't be gone...he can't be...' She chanted running on. It was unconscionable that Swarg might be... She stopped thinking and kept running.

Ship had commanded her to her quarters to initiate manual separation of the Center. What was the difference if she took a nanosecond to run by the healing room first? What harm could there be in that? She'd just run by real quick and peak in... He'd be there. This time..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec6ff3b66e5b.jpg[/atsimg]

The light blinded her blasting right through her hands that had instinctively rose up to shield her face. Showers of stars played on the inside of her eyelids even as they clenched tightly shut against her fists.

She hadn't seen Swarg there in her room. She hadn't really seen the room at all, it had all been a blur. What she had seen outside the viewing port - an explosion so great it tore through her soul.

The room swayed as she fell to her knees, dropping onto the same piece of rug she'd shared with Swarg only moments ago, a lifetime ago. Her fingers dug deep into it's soft silky fibers like once her fingers had buried into Swarg's hair, when in pleasure she'd called out his name, his lips on hers her breath hot on his mouth. Could she still catch his scent? Could she still feel the heat where there bodies had lain? She lied to herself and answered yes as she let herself down gently to burrow deeper into the carpet letting the memories of the love they'd shared wash over her.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/761cee792859.jpg[/atsimg]

'Silo?' Carpet carefully grew his fibers over her, holding her close giving heat to the cold clamminess of her shock.

'The explosion. It was...him...' Not a question, something inside had already told her it was Swarg.

'Yes...' Carpet choked on the response feeling her body stiffen then curl in on itself almost as if she were trying to get away from him.

'Did he...hurt?' She questioned her friend after many moments had passed.

'No. I promise you. He didn't hurt. He didn't feel a thing.' Carpet, knowing his great lie didn't hesitate to reassure her.

'Ship?' She asked breathlessly. If Carpet hadn't been so close as to be nearly a part of her he'd not have heard her.

'Swarg saved Ship. Saved us all. It's over. Ship and the Center are safe.' Feeling her stiffen even more Carpet realized the bitter truth. Silo would have traded them all to have Swarg back, and with the knowledge something inside him broke.

'Listen.' He gave her a shake to bring her back from the memories, 'I know you want to sleep, but, we have to talk. And soon, ' he hesitated, 'They're things you must know. About Swarg. About you.' Only then did he add, 'About...me...'

'Sure Carpet. Whatever you say.' Her voice hollow her heart empty. She sighed before she slipped away, her body going limp.

For many moments Carpet wondered if she'd willed herself to go to Swarg, to leave them all and join him. He loved her enough to let her go but listening for signs of life Carpet was relieved hearing the steady beat of her heart, and searching closer, he caught the first faint whisper, a tiny fluttering, almost like an echo sounding from deep within her nestled under her heart. Her child. Swarg's child. Their child.

In sweet harmony the tiny heart kept time with it's mother's own beat that told Carpet they were still alive, and they were safe and right where they belonged...for now...with him.

*sob*

peace

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Neno

One of these days we're going to have to figure out Neno's parentage for real. Something I hope we'll figure out when Newman and Silo have a 'talk' down the line. Carpet (Newman) never got a chance to tell Silo the whole truth. I'm not even sure what it is.

Swarg was there, Silo was there... But so was Carpet...

Maybe now is as good a time as any to bring it up - it might work into the new story line - so - it's something to keep in mind.

Happy Sunday!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Neno

One of these days we're going to have to figure out Neno's parentage for real. Something I hope we'll figure out when Newman and Silo have a 'talk' down the line. Carpet (Newman) never got a chance to tell Silo the whole truth. I'm not even sure what it is.

Swarg was there, Silo was there... But so was Carpet...

Maybe now is as good a time as any to bring it up - it might work into the new story line - so - it's something to keep in mind.

Happy Sunday!

Well, he proceeded forth from Silo's loins, but who's his daddy is anyone's guess. Then again, they say that NO man cam ever be 100 percent sure that the kids are his
They ain't said that much since DNA testing came out, but it's still just as true - there are even defenses against DNA paternity testing for purposes of child support.

The way the conception came about, I was never quite sure what happened, how, or with who, so I've never, EVER touched upon it. It's all too confusing for me. He knows for sure who his ma is, and has never bothered to ask about his pa(s). Neno has no idea, and still thinks of Frank Carpenter as "pa".

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

edit on 20-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 347  348  349    351  352  353 >>

join