It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 353
<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I reckon the mixed signals I got there would go a long way in explaining why I used to get slapped so often, and why I don't waste time chasin' wimmen any more. There just ain't no figuring them - what they SAY and what they DO are two entirely different things.

Better for neno to just go fishin' and leave the woman chasin' to younger, sturdier fellas... guys that can withstand the slappin'!

edit on 2012/5/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Holy cow!! That's some hangar!

Oh, and, is the Cecilia going to be as rough a ride this time as she was when Adam was in her screaming "Is this normal?!!" I just love her.

I'm thinking I'll have Dag tell everyone to 'strap in and hold on', since Adam told her (behind the scenes, presumably after they got back to Ship) about that experience. heh heh...

Okay, I slept in today, big time, with a dream that dealt with a group of coworkers moving into a giant empty room and had to bring our own furnishings and partitions to try to come up with a workable "floor plan" to accommodate everyone...and my stuff kept getting shoved aside and my space invaded....weirdness. I had my grand piano, a dresser, a bed, a headboard, a manequin dressed in victorian Steampunk, a rifle, and a bookcase. Every time I tried this corner or that corner, trying to get a peek out the windows, I was told that space was taken, or that someone else had already moved in there...or I'd have to set up my "camp" next to the daycare group surrounded by miniature chairs and snot-nosed screamers....

ah, good times.

I decided to give up after several aborted attempts at shuffling my furniture into a workable "office/home cubicle", and got my tuckuss out of bed at 10:30.

We have apparently been selected by the Great Dane puppy that moved in with some renters with no fenced yard, to be his new parents. Six months old, and he's larger than a labrador already. Nice as he can be, and has NO interest in going back home. Go figure. Beautiful dog...
for now he's "Dude"...but I'm working on it. Naming pets is always a fun exercise. We'll see what he comes up with.

Now, on to K-IV!! Woot!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

We have apparently been selected by the Great Dane puppy that moved in with some renters with no fenced yard, to be his new parents. Six months old, and he's larger than a labrador already. Nice as he can be, and has NO interest in going back home. Go figure. Beautiful dog...

Go on... paint it green and call it Sslar!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Yeah! That works! I'll work on it tonight at work.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I've got to run for a few hours but I hope I get back to put in some pics I just wanted to get things moving.

So - Adam, Silo, all the Sisters, Newman, the Pilot Droid (DF)P3, Skinny and Squibbs are 'up there' and have been fired on, hit - oh - and all thanks to Moriah and her little 'gadget' who's also left them out of contact with Ship.

Fired on? But by who?

And what now?

Any ideas besides we have to get the hell back to Ship again??? In one piece. No drama. And quickly???

edit on 22-5-2012 by silo13 because: added a few more ???'s

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Here's one more... just fur' luck!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Here's the new old abandoned boat, in the second hangar image:

I converted one of the meshes, the original one, to a format I could use. still have to work out the textures, but from this angle ain't no English showing, nor any Earth symbols. I'm leaning towards just erasing all the writing altogether, and not fooling with putting any alien gibberish on it - then we can put whatever name we want on it later. This one still needs work - I had to reapply several of the textures after the conversion, and it looks like one is missing at the top rear of the ship.

I've got 6 or 7 different variants of this ship - this is the very first digital model, that spawned all the others, and it may be the least accurate. This is what we will find in the hangar - when we get TO the hangar.

It's a dual-purpose spaceliner. It will operate either in interstellar space OR in a planetary atmosphere - thus the wings. 168 meters long, it ought to have plenty of room for expansion.

I'm mulling over what to do with the Deson fighter's current predicament, if anything.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

At first, I thought... well, he's gotta paint it, I suppose...
But the more I look at it, the more I like it in it's take-it-or-leave-it grey!

Cool.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Some of the others have different color schemes - one is a greenish color - but ALL of them have English writing and symbols that I'll have to get rid of. The "blockiness" of the gray armor plating didn't come out very well in that image, but I'm working at it....

ETA: Actually, going back and looking at it again in Daz, NONE of the texturesd came through - there ought to be a symbol on that visible wing fin, and it's not there... looking again, nothing transferred. back to the drawing board....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You've got my juices flowing now... (Steady BIAD, steady)... here's some
I've been messing about with.
Gotta get on and write something!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

That third one is awesome!

Neno - Don't feel you have to 'do anything' - just offering the opportunity that now 'whatever/whoever' is out of hiding? It gives you an opportunity to present who your nemesis may be - or not. Maybe you don't even see them?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Didn't even know they were around - I have to figure out a way to find out about the attack, then a way to get the coordinates it came from, then go "do battle" with either the autopilot or Calvin. depending on what we find there.

ONE of the things we may find there is this new boat... maybe an auto defense for the space port that they forget to turn the lights off in when they left, or maybe Craven, using it for bait... who knows at this point?

I'm sort of partial to the third image above as well.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I am imagining that Ceclilia is going to have a huge problem....and wondering where everyone will end up. Perhaps Dag will slip into a wormhole and be back in Margot's dimension, with Gert still "awaiting sentencing"!

Heh....and maybe Brittle and Ben will...
....wheels churning....

No idea. But I'm looking forward to getting there.

in other news:
So, yeah, "Sslar"'s owners did want him back....even though he wasn't painted green.

Interesting little double-sleepover thing.....but yeah, he is too big, not well-enough mannered....48 hours was plenty. In another two months he'd have been the equivalent of a shetland pony....and able to stomp me, run away with me, throw me, rear up, and........
hey! Shetland ponies! That survived in the Starship (somehow)....
interesting.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

hey! Shetland ponies! That survived in the Starship (somehow)....
interesting.

I hadn't thought of that - but there ARE horses aboard Yydryl already - the ones from the Badlands. have to figure out "ownership" issues. I believe it was neno and BIAD what stole the horses (do they still hang people for that?) or "liberated" them from the burning town (which THEY had set on fire, heh, heh... how convenient!), but if neno gave them to Pip - and I think he did - then he can't just hijack them again without figuring out payment for them. That would go against his code of honor, such that it is, and it would teach pip the entirely wrong thing..

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is just for grins and giggle, since this episode is already over. This would be the view Muckles got from Tibbs' button cam that shook her up so:

Notice how the wing membranes are so thin that they are translucent, and you can see the horizon through them. That's probably something to do with the thickness of the atmosphere, so that large critters don't have to fight so hard to stay aloft.

Unless tracers are stitching them at the moment....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yeah, that WAS, exactly the view!!
Cool....thanks for that. I wish I were part of the Photoshopcrew, but all I can do online is scrawl things on paint (read: like an Etchasketch)....

but with a pencil and paper, I'm not that bad of an illustrator....
and your pic is EXACTLY what she saw.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I can't Photoshop, either. that was made from 3 different images, layered together, each except for the background layer with transparencies. The planet jungle and tower are the base layer, then the Snaketena with a transparent background overlaid on that, then the Starwolf with semi-transparent (smoky) windows as the top layer. The most technical thing I had to do was resize them all to fit, and crop out the Clay man figure from the Snaketena image.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

but if neno gave them to Pip - and I think he did - then he can't just hijack them again without figuring out payment for them. That would go against his code of honor, such that it is, and it would teach pip the entirely wrong thing..

It's been set up that Pip isn't interested in the Center any longer. He's been 'star struck' by Ship. I'm sure he'll be responsible and make sure the horses are cared for (along with Silo's help) but I'm sure Pip would feel absolutely honored - just honored to 'donate' those horses to the cause.

As for the fight? Maybe it's just as well everyone heads back to the Yydryl and we're left worrying about Neno. Ship will try to contact to see what your status is and give a vague description of the 'things' that shot at the Deson Fighter. That would leave it completely open to you who and what they are. No need at all to fly off the the rescue. The are in a Deson Fighter lets not forget, lol!

A simple communique should do it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BIAD & Nenothtu

I've U2U'd Masqua to ask to replace my last post. Here's the ending:

‘Excuse me,’ Jeni hesitated interrupting the three older crew members, ‘Newman Sir, may I speak to you a moment.’ Jeni didn’t wait to see if he’d follow.

‘What is it?’ Newman’s dark features and steady stare put knots in Jeni’s tongue her throat suddenly gone dry. ‘I, well...it’s just,’ remembering the ‘blips’ on the screen Jeni tried again only to have her sister butt in.

‘What my sister means Sir is...I’m feeling really...sick...sir.’ Moriah chose that moment to go a pukey shade of green - a trick she’d mastered at the age of four.

Newman lay a hand on her shoulder instantly alarmed. ‘Are you alright Mori? Want me to go get the Doc for you?’

‘No!’ Jeni exploded, ‘I mean, no it’s alright, all we need is to get her back to the Yydryl as soon as possible.’ Folding the shaking Moriah inter her arms Jeni tried to convey a sense of urgency to the now troubled Newman.

‘Then we’re on our way home.’ Newman smiled reassuringly even as his instincts told him there was a lot more to what was going on than he could even imagine ‘Get your sister and yourself secured into a flight chair and I’ll talk with P3.’ With a final pat to her shoulder Newman left them for the flight deck.

‘Attention crew. Find your seats and prepare for an emergency return to the flight deck.’ (DF)P3 whined over the loudspeaker clearly disappointed to be ending the flight so soon.

IMO the above offers more possibilities to many story lines - and - it doesn't intrude on what you're up to down there on your planet Neno.

Later? When something does come up we can make Jeni and Moriah squirm for not telling that they saw something - or - better yet have them inform the YYdryl just in time to help save the day - whatever.

Edit to Add Just in case I jumped the gun (har har) and you've already got something worked up for after the Deson Fighter was hit? No problem! Fire away and take it from there. The Fighter isn't back aboard Ship yet and really it makes no difference to me either way - I just wanted to make sure I didn't distract from the storyline on planet.

edit on 23-5-2012 by silo13 because: see above

<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join