It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 351
<< 348  349  350    352  353  354 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

From the Space Opera Rules - Page 1 this thread:

- With limited exceptions, no member can control the actions or dialogue of another member character without that member’s consent.

- Nonconforming posts will either be edited by Nature to cure any rule defects or simply deleted.

With that being said: I thought about it last night and I wrote much these same words to Masqua this morning.

Change the word 'kiss' to 'hug' as posted by me within my original content concerning the actions of my original character/creation or I'm leaving the Space Opera.

WildTimes, your rule breaking, blatant lack of respect and disregard for me and my original thought content has left me no choice in the matter. I will not remain in a collaboration where the rights of another writer have been stripped. Not now, not ever. It's morally wrong on too many levels.

NO ONE has the right to change another writer's work into something else after the fact and against their will.

NO ONE has the right to force another writer's character to perform an action that character NEVER would have done.

The fact you've neglected to right this wrong is a pure and absolute reflection of your inability to respect another writer and your lack of integrity within a Collaborative writing project as a whole. I'll not be a part of that in any way.

So it's simple. 'Kiss' gets changed to 'hug' - reflecting the truth of my content, the fact of my content, the fact Silo would never have allowed the kiss - or I'll kill my character off along with Newman and the rest of the NPC characters that are mine.

This goes so much deeper than a 'spat' between two writers.

Your actions and lack of action W.T has completely undermined the integrity of Collaborative Writing on ATS and I'm deeply appalled at this blatant allowance of one writer to manipulate another writers character against their will.

peace

edit on 21-5-2012 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

The way the conception came about, I was never quite sure what happened, how, or with who, so I've never, EVER touched upon it.

Yes, it was confusing in the respect we had Silo on the bedroom rug with Swarg - and Carpet was there unbeknownst to both of them.

It's also confusing as T&C doesn't allow a little more 'description' of the act. But honestly? I wouldn't have been more graphic anyway. The moment was between Silo and Swarg. So, what I tied was to create a kind of 'Hitchcock' moment where the 'best parts' were left up to the imagination of the reader. I guess I left TOO much up to the imagination!

Fact remains though it was Silo and Swarg...and Carpet. The natural joining of Silo and Swarg in the ways of human copulation - we presume took place, but, we're not sure. The 'essence' of Carpet getting in there? Wow, who the hell knows what that's all about.

It does make me wonder if Neno shaves more often than most U-Man's though.

peace

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The moment was between Silo and Swarg. So, what I tied was to create a kind of 'Hitchcock' moment
where the 'best parts' were left up to the imagination of the reader.
I guess I left TOO much up to the imagination!

I agree, you should have increased the volume of the background music, panned
the camera away to, say a vase of flowers or crashing waves and faded to black as the
music eased!!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

The way the conception came about, I was never quite sure what happened, how, or with who, so I've never, EVER touched upon it.

Yes, it was confusing in the respect we had Silo on the bedroom rug with Swarg - and Carpet was there unbeknownst to both of them.

I've heard rumors of "trisexual" races out there in the Black. never ran into one, but it's always a possibility. Once I got over it and realized it wasn't "try-sexual", it got easier to comprehend, but still mostly incomprehensible. When you think about it - hard, but not hard enough to make smoke fly out your ears - it's no more impossible to require DNA from three individuals than it is two. It just makes the family tree more varied and complicated. Single cell replication species would probably find bisexual reproduction incomprehensible.

Fact remains though it was Silo and Swarg...and Carpet. The natural joining of Silo and Swarg in the ways of human copulation - we presume took place, but, we're not sure. The 'essence' of Carpet getting in there? Wow, who the hell knows what that's all about.

I'm not even going to speculate - it has that "ick factor" of imagining your own parents doin' the deed.... matter of fact, I think I need to go brain-wash myself now!

It does make me wonder if Neno shaves more often than most U-Man's though.

peace

I've heard rumors that he shaves that mustache off every morning, and it's back before he gets to the breakfast table! that's just rumor, though...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by silo13

The moment was between Silo and Swarg. So, what I tied was to create a kind of 'Hitchcock' moment
where the 'best parts' were left up to the imagination of the reader.
I guess I left TOO much up to the imagination!

I agree, you should have increased the volume of the background music, panned
the camera away to, say a vase of flowers or crashing waves and faded to black as the
music eased!!

Aye... or panning off to the external "fireworks display" of the war raging around the Yydryl at that moment would have had a similar literary effect - sort of like some of those old seventies movies that shall remain nameless... there were more than one example of that use, but one comes to immediate mind.

ETA: my browser may crash, knocking me off the internet for a while, but if it does, I'll be back later. I'm running Terragen again to get a picture of the city from a different angle, showing the flooded areas beneath the tree cover. Oddly, I have found that some of the ground is "shiny" - why i have no idea - but it makes it difficult to see what is actually water, and what is just ... mud? mineral? who knows. Anyhow, i had to fiddle with the camera angle, and it's running know. e.t.a. for delivery of the photo is about another hour and a half.

edit on 2012/5/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

What about a Stork dropping Neno off at The Yydryl...?
It worked with me for 30-odd years.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

What about a Stork dropping Neno off at The Yydryl...?
It worked with me for 30-odd years.

That was just evil!

It put a picture in my mind of the poor bird flying along in a space suit with an oblong helmet to accommodate that beak, and now my ribs hurt!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

If I added a aluminum-foil sling under the 'Flying Snake-Thing' that you halved with
pulse-blast, would that fit in to the Opera and then the males-among us, wouldn't
have to write about all that.... er, yukky stuff?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I like that! Delivery via evil, man-eating Snaketena, using a space blanket instead of the traditional diaper!

Also, just so you'll know. there is bioluminescence on the planet when night comes... think floppy, limber dragon flies with the biochemicals of lightning bugs, and you won't be far off.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

That'll explain the old-wives tale about how pregant women seem to 'glow'

It's all starting to make sense now.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

True story concerning the "glow". I woke up one morning, looked at my wife, and said "you're pregnant". She laughed at me. About a week later, she comes to me and says "I think I might be pregnant. We need to go get a test." So we did. On the way back, before the test was taken, I saw a big white stork-like bird perched in the top of a cypress tree about 600 yards from the house, out in the middle of a lake. I said "OMG! Look at that bird... do you know what that IS?" It sort of shook her up, and a half hour later the test came back positive.

I have a 17 year old son now.

edit on 2012/5/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

We had some problems, there were tears and it looked like it wasn't
going to happen.
Then I got mad... no, I got angry and cried out that I'd followed 'the plan'
I'd been a good boy, putting everyone before myself and now, when it
came to that step of putting 'the next guy' on stage... well, it's just not fair.

Black hair, drank milk like it was going out of style and would be found
climbing out of those perspex bowls -the midwives put 'em in... all on the
first day!

He's twenty years-old now, at University and towers above his balding-but
grinning old-man.
But my wife said she was sure that a winged-shadow passed overhead
one late-evening... nah, must have been plane or something.
edit on 21-5-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I dunno BIAD, I just don't know...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Hmmm... maybe the clouds make it 'iffy'?
Just remember, young adults may be reading this, so
we'll go with the 'this-is-how-it-is' line!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

WHEW!

Spooked me there for a minute - I thought that might be one of the Opi BUZZARDS delivering neno!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

edit on 21-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

edit on 21-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Spooked me there for a minute - I thought that might be one of the Opi BUZZARDS delivering neno!

That stork does look mighty sketchy...

All kidding aside I'd like to (someday) see the reappearance of the Ophi in the storyline. I really enjoyed those Buzzards!

Ohhhhhh! On the other hand they might show up sooner than later!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'd like a link and re-write of each contentious word and/or sentence sent to me via pm so that the Opera can continue without further issues.

Collaboration requires a willingness to work out differences of opinion. If what is posted causes a glitch in the matrix, it needs being dealt with.

I was hoping to have this worked between yourselves and expected a request for a simple edit by the author over the past Canadian holiday weekend. Unfortunately, it didn't arrive...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Whelp, there goes that 'smithereens' post I was working on.

So - here we go! Off to figure out another way to get the Ophi's back!

Thanks for your assistance Masqua.

peace
edit on 22-5-2012 by silo13 because: content edit

new topics

top topics

<< 348  349  350    352  353  354 >>

join