It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 352
<< 349  350  351    353  354  355 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu & BIAD

I edited this post here - edited out the part about me being in hopes we might encounter the Ophi around Neno's planet. I don't want to mess up BIAD's bad guy or force said 'bad guy' to make an alliance with the Ophi. Though if you really want to BIAD it would be cool.

After the Edit my questions are this:

- Neno - may I include one of your 'planet pics' in my next post? Or are you through with them?

- We know Chumley and Ship are back on the Yydryl. Do you have any ongoing communication with Ship from where you are now? Has that been established - the StarWolf to Ship connection?

- If you've established contact with Ship - would that mean you would also have contact with the Deson fighter?

Here's what I'm thinking. Please let me know which option you would rather I run with.

- Moriah lied. She never got permission from Ship to leave taking everyone aboard a Deson fighter for a glorified joy ride. They're all grounded before take off when Ship and Chumley receives their 'signing on' and 'request to fly coordinates' etc.

- The Deson fighter and all aboard get as far as above your planet. When recognized as a fighter (from below) 'something' or 'someone' on the planet becomes...agitated. From there I'd leave it up to you who/what that 'something' or 'someone' is and make a hasty skedaddle back to Ship - maybe even having the StarWolf crew telling the Deson crew to 'get the hell out of the region' etc???

Depending on your choice I might have more questions to clear by you first.

Thanks!

edit on 22-5-2012 by silo13 because: see edit above

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by nenothtu

Spooked me there for a minute - I thought that might be one of the Opi BUZZARDS delivering neno!

That stork does look mighty sketchy...

All kidding aside I'd like to (someday) see the reappearance of the Ophi in the storyline. I really enjoyed those Buzzards!

Ohhhhhh! On the other hand they might show up sooner than later!

It could happen...

This is a view of the sky from the rock where neno woke up on after the elimination of the Big Rip at around 04:30 this morning:

You will probably have to scroll over to see it, but I've marked the location of Khalamzadar with a circle near the top center of the image. The data at the top left pertains to the star the planet is orbiting. I picked a real star to situate the system around before I made the planets for it. It's "w Herculis", AKA "HIP 84862" from the Hipparcos catalog .

I added in labels and artwork marking the constellations, and you can see tha the Ophiuchi constellation is "right next door". Hercules is the constellation fighting the Hydra, and Ophiuchi is the constellation holding the big snake.

Going back to the galactic overhead map in this post in the UEF background thread for canonical material, we find this map:

It shows the location of Khalamzadar. It's "in the direction" of Ophiuchus, but well within UEF Space. it's not a hard trip from Khalamzadar to the buffer zone between the Opi Consortium and the UEF. Since neither the UEF or the Opis claim that buffer zone, it's not beyond the pale that we might end up there at some point and run into Opis who are poking around there, too. I would imagine it to be an uneasy "truce" between them, since neither has a claim on the area - but both would obviously have to be there for some reason... The Opis, living in an area of the galaxy where stars are somewhat sparser than the UEF, (and a LOT sparser than the Orion Alliance where the Regalians come from), could be there looking for more resources to exploit. I've not yet come up with a reason why WE would be there, but I'm sure someone can figure one out - we've a fairly creative bunch here!

Yeah, that stork is no doubt a double-agent for the Opis. I'm glad neno survived, because I see from his bare feet poking out that had he died young, he'd have died without his boots on!

edit on 2012/5/22 by nenothtu because: tip-top Empire-Consortium

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

he'd have died without his boots on!

*Busts out laughing*

DANG! You noticed, lol. I couldn't find any boots in Neno's little feet size.

Please read up as I edited my last post with a couple a questions for you.

Thanks.

Edit to Add

Oh! So it might be the Ophi! Now that's got some possibilities! But again maybe BIAD has his own set of accoutrements for the bad guy. I'm still thinking something in a bear suit wearing a hat but then again with all this stork talk...

edit on 22-5-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Go with the tale any-which-way you wish, the guy and his wolves can be
interwoven in it somehow.

Ophi-Buzzards... the scourge of The Yydryl crew!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu & BIAD

I edited this post here - edited out the part about me being in hopes we might encounter the Ophi around Neno's planet. I don't want to mess up BIAD's bad guy or force said 'bad guy' to make an alliance with the Ophi. Though if you really want to BIAD it would be cool.

Neno will make a mad dash back into the interior to pick up a load of nukes if he encounters ANY Opis on his planet, and the Daisy Cutters won't cut them down. Neno HATES Opis, even though they've done nothing to him in this time line - he still recalls what they did in the last one, even if the rest of the universe doesn't, and he'll deal roughly with them if they invade "his" planet so far into UEF space. He might even hire his own mercs from Wilson's Rogue Rangers to ferret them out of "his" star system.

What's that? Neno is perpetually broke? Pshaw! I can find a hire price for them mucho pronto!

After the Edit my questions are this:

- Neno - may I include one of your 'planet pics' in my next post? Or are you through with them?

Absolutely. Once I post them anywhere here, they're community property as far as I'm concerned. Do with them as you will.

- We know Chumley and Ship are back on the Yydryl. Do you have any ongoing communication with Ship from where you are now? Has that been established - the StarWolf to Ship connection?

I don't think it has yet been established, but it's logical that there would be one. Most maritime operations have a common frequency where communications can be established, then taken to another frequency if necessary.

- If you've established contact with Ship - would that mean you would also have contact with the Deson fighter?

Same as above.

Here's what I'm thinking. Please let me know which option you would rather I run with.

- Moriah lied. She never got permission from Ship to leave taking everyone aboard a Deson fighter for a glorified joy ride. They're all grounded before take off when Ship and Chumley receives their 'signing on' and 'request to fly coordinates' etc.

- The Deson fighter and all aboard get as far as above your planet. When recognized as a fighter (from below) 'something' or 'someone' on the planet becomes...agitated. From there I'd leave it up to you who/what that 'something' or 'someone' is and make a hasty skedaddle back to Ship - maybe even having the StarWolf crew telling the Deson crew to 'get the hell out of the region' etc???

Depending on your choice I might have more questions to clear by you first.

Thanks!

Either option works for me. Concerning the second, once upon a time, I was having a drunken flashback in the night time, out in my yard. My pap had made some potato wine, and like an idiot I drank about a half gallon of it, because it was SMOOTH - tasted like kool-aid. He kept saying "you better ease up on that stuff - it'll get with you afore ye know it!" But I didn't listen. Oops. anyhow, I wound up outside in the dark, and he was out there babysitting me. I won't go into all the gory details,but I recall SEEING a sniper team coming over a ridge to get me - and of course anyone near me. I was hollering and going off something awful, and there were foreign languages involved (that made my sister's skin crawl - she thought there were other people out there jumping me for real). It woke mom up, and she stepped out on the porch to see what the ruckus was about, and when I saw her there I got alarmed and told her point blank to "Get yer goddamned ass back in that house, NOW!".

Well now, not knowing what was going on, nor knowing what it was I was seeing, that sort of hurt her feelings. I had some 'splainin' to do the next day. The fact was, I preferred that she not get shot, and what I was seeing was as real to me as my dad sitting there telling me it WASN'T real. I didn't think I had time to be nice about it, and wanted her out of the line of fire, YESTERDAY. So the StarWolf crew telling the fighter crew to "get the hell out of the region" after being fired upon would not be beyond the pale, but it COULD create some confusion!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I'll make it vague then for the most part cause now you've got me thinking about those wolves? The Ophi just don't sound right. I dunno.

Anyway, the The Deson Fighter with all aboard will head out for it's joy ride and 'something big' will give threat - probably in and around the time they're trying to contact the StarWolf.

Now that I've got the heads up from you two I'm not sure how it will work out but please don't hold up anything you're doing to wait on my post. I've got to ask WildTimes where she's headed as she's about to 'lift off' with Sslar.

Thanks
edit on 22-5-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The Deson Fighter's loaded and ready for take off.

If either your Cecelia or the fighter come in contact with 'something' on the way down the Deson fighter will be forced to head back to Ship ASAP.

BUT - if you need the fighter to protect Cecilia either coming or going??? Don't hesitate to call a S.O.S - I'm sure the girls would LOVE to see some real fireworks!

peace

edit on 22-5-2012 by silo13 because: spelling oops

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Now that I've got the heads up from you two I'm not sure how it will work out but please don't hold up anything you're doing to wait on my post. I've got to ask WildTimes where she's headed as she's about to 'lift off' with Sslar.

It won't hold up anything I'm working on, so don't worry about it. Dag, Sslar Ben, Muckles, Brittle, and company have ALREADY exited Yydryl - they're already on their way to the surface, according to her last post. Might already be down there by now.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Here's a link to the post that got the whole thing rolling. I'm not finding anything in it that would indicate Silo would pop a knife into Adam's ribs over a kiss - matter of fact, it's looking just the other way to me. That's the reason I made the post immediately beneath it - I got the same vibes that there were nefarious goings-on behind the lines.

It looks like the offending post on page 73 has already been dealt with, so nevermind.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I've got a posting ready where Valve, Bernard V and Akron are down on the planet doing abit
of a dig... they're really meeting up with Mr. Jordan to head-off any problems that Carimono
might start.
Can this help with your 'Ophi' idea?
edit on 22-5-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Still, with that mat of chest hair getting tangled up, it does only read like a hug to me.

Anyways, thanks for the linky and I sincerely hope this issue can finally be over with.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
PSSST!

Calling all Photoshop crewmembers... I need a hangar bay shot for use as a background. the grubbier and more overgrown, the better - it needs to look deserted. Any takers? No hurry - I still have to re-work some model textures (which I HOPE I have the capacity to do), but that interior is beyond my current technological level...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yup, it's done and over now. Onward!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I don't like my Dressing Room... Neno get's a trailer, Dag has a view of
the gardens and Silo gets a damned paddock for her horses!!

Can you help?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

There's always the potential for planetary defenses that are on "autopilot". that could have been the original reason for neno's first crash there, now that I think about it. Corot may have taken the defense grid over as well, so that they aren't truly on autopilot. that would explain why he let neno land (trying to force a showdown with neno) and would shoot at anyone ELSE trying to land (trying to prevent reinforcements). In this latter scenario, Cecelia would either have to dodge the bullets or otherwise find some way around the defense grid. Same for the Deson flyer - it would either have to dodge bullets, or skedaddle back to Yydryl.

Of course, a "near miss" and a crash landing for either or both would give them a taste of neno's original experience with the world, and force a rescue effort... and probably a showdown incidental to that... maybe Calvarium is shooting at them to "cut some bait"?

edit on 2012/5/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by masqua

I don't like my Dressing Room... Neno get's a trailer, Dag has a view of
the gardens and Silo gets a damned paddock for her horses!!

Can you help?

yeah, but my trailer has a view of a brick wall on one side and the trash midden on the other - nothing's EVER perfect!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
PSSST!

Calling all Photoshop crewmembers... I need a hangar bay shot for use as a background. the grubbier and more overgrown, the better - it needs to look deserted. Any takers? No hurry - I still have to re-work some model textures (which I HOPE I have the capacity to do), but that interior is beyond my current technological level...

I've got a couple of images of 'forgotten' craft on the ground, would these help?

(This planet is void of anyone, isn't it?!)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I'm looking for just the hangar bay as a background image. it would need to be large enough to accommodate a 168 meter craft. If nothing else, I'll just park it on a pad in the great outdoors - the same way we see airplanes nowadays parked on the runway skirts.

I re-did the teture files for the Penelope to put her name and registration number on her, but am now having to erase the "old" name from this space craft and replace it with some alien-looking gibberish. I might just go the whole route and re-paint her in "Human colors" with an English name after neno re-christens it.

There MUST be a few cans of paint laying around the hangar here somewhere...

The planet is void of any native sentients, but there may be "interlopers".... who will need dealing with.

I also made a "map" of the city we are in or near at the moment. The intruding swamp, or flood, or whatever it is crawls right up to the base of the tallest building (the one with double towers sticking up out of the jungle, looking like a shotgun barrel aimed at the sky). half of it is flooded, but there is a clear side where it's NOT flooded, which is a good thing, since the top of those towers is where neno has in mind of placing the claim plaque with it's locator beacon.

Orthographic view of the city (minus the tree cover) showing the flooded area (from the north, facing south):

Overhead map (north at top):

The towers in question are in the upper left quadrant ("north-west"). the "swamp line" runs right through the base of them.

edit on 2012/5/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

BIAD - Since Silo and the rest don't know that I'll see what happens - when it happens!
I'm sure someone will be screaming into the microphone right off - I'll leave it open to see who answers.

Though really - do you think the 'buzzards of terror' belong around a wolf pack? I dunno, your last post got me thinking!

peace

edit on 22-5-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu & Masqua

Silly males.

Silo is 5'3 and Adam well over 6 foot. Think logistics boys. That's more than 12 inches between them. That explains why Silo's face is smashed into Adam's chest hair after a hug he gave to comfort her during a crying binge. (Tell me you've never been there, lol.)

That, and the hug came after touching her 'awkwardly'. He's no raw boy. Awkward would not be a word anyone would use in conjunction with a boy-girl kiss from Adam.

And think about it lol. If there was a kiss - and their most decidedly was not - Adam would have had to swoop down to crush his lips against hers - or - Silo would have had to pull his head down by the hair to crush her lips against his - or they both would have tried at the same time at the same time resulting in a lot of swooping and tangling and crushing that would have been outright AWESOME!

But nope. No kiss. Silo wouldn't do that. Ever. Besides that? When I write a kiss? You'll know it.

peace
edit on 22-5-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 349  350  351    353  354  355 >>

join