It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 290
<< 287  288  289    291  292  293 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Hearing about those 'shots in the dark' gave me a great idea for my next post. Of course I will not go as far as plagiarizing on the 'real' and here and now - namely the guy in Vermont who went hunting the other day, accidentally shot his best friend, watched him die, and then killed himself out of what? Grief, fear, culpability I would think. Ouch that.

Will be fun seeing Gep and Pip's reaction to Silo/Maggie with a gun too. Though I suppose in post-apocalypse that wouldn't be so out of the ordinary.

Hope all is going better.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Question: I wonder what this means for the Regalians and Buzzards? Let's stick with the Regalian's for a moment.

What will Post - Apocalypse Earth's reaction be to a Regalian? That's a huge question. Any takers?

The Buzzards are a non-issue now. They are just another race on the periphery of the Federation. They never attacked, because the Big Rip never happened to drive them from their home in a frenzied search for a new homeworld.

Remember that most Earth bound Earthlings have never, ever met a Regalian. Even the space-seasoned crew of the Penelope had never met one,and neno had only heard rumors of their existence out towards the Orion Nebula. The meeting with the Yydryl was the initial contact between the two races in any official capacity, and the only other meetings were likely to have occurred between outriders of both factions, such as prospectors and explorers who ventured towards the home territories of the other race.

Chumley is going to need a hat, and perhaps a theatrical mustache to disguise himself if he's planning on interacting with any Earthlings!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Hope all is going better.

Yeah, the baby doesn't have a fractured cheek like I'd feared - but she has a whopper of a bruise. Even has a bruise on the OTHER side of her face, which tells me that it was quite a whack to jerk her head so hard that either gravity or inertia bruised it.

Still gonna be some heavy payback.

The spider bite was dealt with by prescription of antibiotics, a steroid, and referral to a dermatologist. I don't like the idea of the steroids - I've known them to have caused problems in at least one such case - but I'm not the doctor. Had it been me bitten, I'd have just tazed the crap out of myself across the wound. Doctors will tell you that doesn't work nowadays, or more specifically that "there are no studies to show it's efficacy", but I've seen it work on snake bites in the hot woods somewhat south of here, and have no reason to believe it won't work on spider bites. The last time she was bitten, the doc zapped the bite with electricity in the hospital. I'm not sure what has changed now, other than the "lack of studies showing the efficacy of that treatment" and the need to pump up pharmaceutical sales.

The gunshots were a couple of good ol' boys trying to zero in a rifle that they said had failed them earlier in the day. Since hunting isn't allowed on Sundays here, that got to be an interesting conversation. At some point, the story changed to "getting it zeroed in for tomorrow", and references to a failure today were dropped. Personally, I believe that the beer probably had more to do with any failures than a sight misalignment, but what do I know about guns? Or beer, for that matter!

Anyhow, it's all good, and I should be off tomorrow... unless I get called in again...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm sort-of treading water as the tale is unfolding.
Like you've said, don't force it -just let it unravel
naturally (not unlike BIAD at times!!)

Well, onwards.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I'm sort-of treading water as the tale is unfolding.
Like you've said, don't force it -just let it unravel
naturally (not unlike BIAD at times!!)

Well, onwards.

I've tried 'setting up the ducks in a row' myself as you all know - and it soon ruins the fun, the ducks drown and we're left with puddles of yuck and feathers. So yeah, let's just go with it.

Sorry, gotta go, I just posted in the story line and I have, well, trail dust in my eyes.

edit on 28-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Interesting (at least to me) note.
I had a whole other post worked out.
When you posted this morning about the 'shots' that rang out?
It changed everything.
Granted Silo/Maggie, Gep and Pip didn't have to deal with drunks rifles and beer, but something ominous on it's own.

Just sayin.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Okay, so.......Now Dag knows what/who is going on!

Wow, was I surprised!!

BIAD, how soon will they be arriving at the Temple's entrance (the one hidden in the brush), if at all??
Dag and Brittle are going to be missing again....
and where they are going and how is a secret.

Guys, I think this is going just SWIMMINGLY!!!
Can't wait to read Gep and Maggie....and neno's next!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Chumley is going to need a hat, and perhaps a theatrical mustache to disguise himself if he's planning on interacting with any Earthlings!

*squeals with delight* OMG I can't WAIT to see that!! Too funny!!!

here's some recommended reading -- you guys would LOVE it....
If I can find my copy I'll scan a page that came to mind...
but --- yeah, make an effort to get a hold of this one! Hysterical, and SoOO reminds me of Chumley.
Me Write Book: It Bigfoot Memoir

author artist is Graham Roumieu. HIGHLY recommended.
here's a shot of page-spread that came to mind...

edit on 28-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Bust out laughing over 'Douglas Fir' - I can SOOOO see Chumley doing that.
Just remember the big fat green guy does have dignity.

Oh, but I needed that laugh. I got too caught up in Gep, Pip and Maggie.
Three times I edited out...
Oh wait I can't tell you what I edited out 3 times!
Just call me Cliff Hanger.

*sobby sob*

hugs

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Is this the 'chickie' who's been giving you advice?

must read - peak here

I have a feeling this is not one of Maggie/Silo's Macalister ladies... But you never know...

yom-yom-yom

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

BIAD, how soon will they be arriving at the Temple's entrance (the one hidden in the brush),
if at all??
Dag and Brittle are going to be missing again.... and where they are going and how is a secret.

That won't be a problem Ma'am... Adam and BIAD have a date with a ....(static)....(high-whine)
.... and it'll probably be snapped off at the handle!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Is this the 'chickie' who's been giving you advice?

must read - peak here

I have a feeling this is not one of Maggie/Silo's Macalister ladies... But you never know...

yom-yom-yom

It sounds like her, but the lady in question wasn't a Texan.

She was scarier than Texans - she really WAS a "hillbilly with knife skills" even on GOOD days. When Aunt Flo came calling, she could get... ummm.... mean. I've seen her bite through a telephone cord and them throw the handset through a computer screen. That was quite a feat, especially in light of it's occurrence way back when PCs were novelties, and a "computer screen" was about 8" wide and only had green letters on it, all built-in to the same box as the disk drives, which were 8" floppies.

Limber, too. She was awakened one night when her husband had her leg wrapped around her neck and was choking her with it. When she got his attention and woke him up, it seemed that he was having a nightmare about wrestling a snake in the jungle - her leg he perceived as "the biggest damn snake I ever saw" in his nightmare, and he acted accordingly.

That was HIS story, any how, and he was sticking to it.

Can't say much more about her since surreptitious hit squads of high-heeled kunoichi ninjas would no doubt be on her trail over her alleged betrayal of the secrets of the Sisterhood. She's quite a bit older now, and might not be able to take more than 6 or so of then. If they sent 7, she might be a goner, phone in hand or not.

I'm sort of awake now, and have an idea brewing in my head to get neno off that rock and on the move. In honor of good old Telephone Ninjy Girl, I may have him run into an old Wise Woman acquaintance of his on his way to try finding the rest of the folks.

I have to catch up on my TV fix, too - working last night threw my stride. I've only had cable a little while, and there are only two or 3 shows which even interest me. Two of those come on in the same night, and that was LAST night, while I was at work. One is "The Walking Dead", a zombie safari adventure, and the other is "Hell on Wheels", a western about the transcontinental railroad being built. In that last one, there is a character, Cullen Bohannon, who IS neno - right down to the little ceegars, hence my fascination with the program. They should have just named the character "nenothtu" and had done with it. Last week he had a neno moment where he just started walking towards a group of 4 or 5 miscreants, firing away with his Griswold pistol, all because they were trying to abduct a young lady under his protection at the time. Never broke stride, he just kept wlaking at them and shooting. It seemed to rattle them a bit.

Bohannon has the same characteristics and mannerisms as neno. A former Confederate soldier on a mission to exterminate every single member of a particular former Union unit who done wrong to him during the war. He got the young lady in question to a "settlement" of sorts - the camp of the railroad builders - then just turned to ride away. She asked wasn't he going in to collect the cash reward for her rescue, and he said something like "Nope. I done told you I have a job to do, and daylight's burning" and away he rode.

ETA: Cullen Bohannon:

You can see some episodes online HERE.

I couldn't figure out how to embed the music video, so it's HERE.

Trailer:

edit on 2011/11/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Ooops! I have to apologise for the last posting in the Opera.
I left my lap-top to answer a call-of-nature and BIAD 'snook'
over to it whilst I was engaged.

So now, Neno has a twin... a copy, a doppleganger... a...
oh, you know what I mean!

Hope so offence was done... (Do I sound like Dr. Murray?!)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

At first I said upon reading this post of yours above "Biad!! BAD boy in a dress!!"
Then I read the post.
LOL
So, but.....Chumley didn't suddenly become thin and lanky, dd he? So, he's a big fat Neno??
LMAO

Hilarious...!!

Then I came back to your post above...
and noted it says

Hope so offence was done

Hmmm...typo-come-Freudianslip?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

ROFLMAO! Guffaw! Guffaw!

Does Chumley realize there may be people about not entirely happy with neno?

Still. if they give him any lip, a strong stare at them ought to calm them down somewhat... ROFLMAO!

Good episode!
How confusing can this possibly get?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

No... he's still big and fa... large!!

I'm trying to get them on the ground and interacting in some way.
Well... I'm very trying, anyway!!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

LOL!!!

Okay, had an idea this morning and wanted to make some reason to use this song in the story...
then came here to see what everyone was up to...
and there it came!

Remember Chumley break-dancing at the Swamp?
Well, they're on the ground, or underground?? and come across a pretty lady, and Chum's heart goes "purr" and then...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I haven’t laughed so hard and enjoyed two posts more in a long long time, lol.

"The Yydryl computes that this planet is Earth in an unknown time. We do know that the
indigenous people looked like this" Tumbler stated and layered on the wall, a human being
walked from a Space Port Rampway and entered a long-grey rectangular vehicle with
'Greyhound' emblazoned on it's side.

Oh hell, that just got me... Still laughing... Oh hell... LOL I scared my canaries when I burst out with that one. I’m afraid I might have curdled one or both of the two little eggs they’ve laid. Well, the female laid, but how the hell she did it I still don’t know that egg is bigger than her head... ANYWAY!!!!!!

Squibs and Skinny looked on at the spectacle as Chumley pushed the wrinkles out and
grunted in his stretching. "There's a hat too" Tumbler advised as Chumley wiggled his
fingers into place.

That did it again. ROTFL.

Absolutely stand up (comedy) and genius, lol!

Thank you for making my day.

I can’t wait for Silo/Maggie to ‘see’ Chumley like that.

I just love it!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you... I'm here all week, try the veal!

Now on with the show.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Hi All - I'm not stalled I'm just 'waiting' for the little voices, lol.
All while battening down the hatches of my little vineyard before it gets really nasty out there.

One question. I've not been to the story line yet - but - could the S.O.S call from the Macalister farm possibly have been provoked by a UFO sighting?

I'm going on what Neno said - that being we've no reason to think 'Aliens' had contacted Earth - post Apocalypses.

???

top topics

<< 287  288  289    291  292  293 >>

join