It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 291
<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Okay! *clears throat and claps hands once for attention*

I am very pleased to report back that Dag has figured out what she was supposed to do....cunning little thing, she is!!

So, hope you all enjoy her little venture into the views from the past....
Next ---
she will awaken with the mantra/chant in her head, and be able to call the oarsmen...
but first she has to get to Glastonbury....

(Oh dear!!)

And she doesn't trust Brittle, really. And she is going to insist that Adam come with them....fun!!
So, between Brittle and Adam, there's this really weird vision-acuity thing, a clash of skills -- Adam can READ thoughts and desires, and Brittle can PROJECT them....
but.... but....who is going to "see" victory??!!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
BIAD comes into his own! Turned the tables on those two fair and proper, he did! Neno would've been proud - and whispered to me that he hopes there's video of the incident from some surreptitious surveillance camera.

You know those things are EVERYWHERE, right?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The viewmaster post - another one near and dear to the heart!

Making 3D pictures is yet another of my innumerable hobbies. Never got the hang of shrinking them to viewmaster discs, and can't get ahold of an old timey stereopticon, so I generally go for the "cross-eyed" method, but can hash them out in just about any format

I found the viewmaster information fascinating, but seeing 3D scenes by staring into Queen Boudicca's eyes? That was just plain SCARY!

She was a redhead, you know... saw it on the History Channel, so it's gotta be true...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thank you *bows* UMMM I mean *curties*
When I was a red-headed pirate I never EVer curtsied -- we bowed, my sisters and I, and ONLY to royalty because we HAD to.... .... So we did, and they got nice cleavage shots for our trouble. Or rearviews, whatever....

Ah, those were the days...

Yup, redhead, Queen B.....I fantasize that my ancestry is linked to hers somwhar's down the line...

I was surprised about her eyes, too, I honestly hadn't the SLIGHTEST idea how I was going to solve Dag's problem -- or IF I was going to...
I recalled putting the Queen on the wall above her cushions....and then it just took off from there...
the Viewmaster thing utterly spontaneous, pulled out of the cushion of my chair....

And I only discovered the history part when I went to find an image of one to post -- the wikipedia article told me all that stuff!! I thought it was just a toy!! The credit for the pic had to be attributed to it's author for legal use, posted as name ThePassenger, which I thought was an awesome coinkydink....and it fit right in....

Now the photo has been attributed, I can do whatever I want with the new fictitious NPC ThePassenger, eh????
Cool .... we ALL learn something new!!

*thinking...Great. Next I have to work in an Etch-a-Sketch..*

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Great Post!
I think that you'll find that connecting-the-dots in the Opera AND with
your general day-to-day life, becomes unerving and leaves you wondering
which 'story' you're actually in!

I mean, when I first joined in, BIAD was only a figment of my imagination
and now the weirdo is sitting cross-legged near me fascinated with a Christmas
bauble he found in the attic!

edit on 3-12-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

"Gilmore Bundy"? Been doing your homework again, I see!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

"Gilmore Bundy"? Been doing your homework again, I see!

*BIAD looks to the floor embarrassed and a small smile plays
on his lips* Yes Sir... er, (shuffles from one-side-to-another)... er,
I did!

edit on 3-12-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

another delighted squeal from wildtimes!!

You ARE going to work that video in, aren't you!!
Well done, sir, very well done.!!

Happy happy dance!!

*sees nenothtu sigh and begrudgingly go to dig out his Elvis impersonation costume while warming up his vocal chords and then settling down to clean his two .44s*
edit on 3-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

But... I was using the softly-softly approach and hoped that
no one saw it coming!

Yes, it's true... Neno may have to find that rhinestone jumpsuit
and the silk scarf!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Got wore out with fighting and kicking over virtual bar stools, so I came in out of the cold and made a post. It wasn't exactly the one I had in mind, but that's what rolled out when I opened my head up.

I'm still working on the other one, developing it as I run my patrols. With any luck, I'll have it up some time tonight.

In the index thread, I numbered the post according to the number it had on that page, and noticed a discrepancy with the rest of the numbering system. Are we numbering the posts by their position on the page their on, or by their number within the new story line?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Sorry I'm in a funk.
I'll try to get something out later today if I can sort out what's up with Silo/Maggie, if they'll ever see Gep again and if the boy Pip is really all he seems to be or not... Also an name explanation, and on and on...

Loving what you're all doing!!!

Have a good Sunday.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Grand post... and I'm looking forward to the next part
of the story.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I'm done posting for now. The tale ends at "Dancing in the Moonlight" for the time being. It's been a lot of posting, but I figured I better let it roll while it was already rolling...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

No problems... I'm at a loss with what to do with Tibbs and the Gray,
but I'm sure -as you say, 'something will roll around'

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
A couple of notes.

1. Neno probably isn't going to tell anyone about his new "status". I get the distinct impression that he's embarrassed by it, and more than a little put out that they stole his ability to die. Tibbs is hip, it appears, but he ain't talkin'. He didn't even tell neno - it seems Tibbs has scruples about influencing... "stuff"...

There are problems with immortality that neno hasn't yet fully grasped, I think. he only knows that he doesn't want it, but doesn't know exactly WHY he doesn't want it. people are supposed to jump at that sort of opportunity, aren't they?

just a couple of the problems are: you get to watch as everything and everyone you care about gets old and dies, while you remain unchanged. What a soul-killer that would be! Where's the thrill of living if you know that no matter what you do, it can't kill you? Where's the excitement in that?

2. I recognized the cabin Muckles and Tibbs are occupying. I could give latitude and longitude for it that are pretty close to dead on. It's down the mountainside from the rock that neno woke up on, on the north face of the mountain, in a hollow called (now) either the "John Hess Hollow" or the "Balltown Hollow", I think. It's way up in the hollow, with brush and woods grown up all around it. There's an old abandoned cemetery one or two hundred yards down the hollow from it, also overgrown. I went there once as a teenager, and poked around in the old house. Found a little rosewood box filled with old slips of paper. It was letters written between two separated lovers, and a bunch of hand-written songs that I'd never heard sung.

Don't know who saved that stuff up, or why they left those behind. Just an old abandoned house, with old abandoned stuff. They weren't mine, so I put them back into the hidey hole I got them out of. For all I know they're still there.

edit on 2011/12/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I know from conversations with BIAD that he sometimes looks on
his immortality as a curse, hence his lack of material goods and
his ability to just roll on... everything he has ever-known has gone away.

...Found a little rosewood box filled with old slips of paper.
It was letters written between two separated lovers, and a bunch of
hand-written songs that I'd never heard sung...

Oh lawks! you weren't supposed to find them!
This is getting tooooo close.
edit on 4-12-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

...Found a little rosewood box filled with old slips of paper.
It was letters written between two separated lovers, and a bunch of
hand-written songs that I'd never heard sung...

Oh lawks! you weren't supposed to find them!
This is getting tooooo close.

Here are the approximate coordinates for the house where I found them. You ought to be able to plug these straight into Google Earth if you've got it installed and go straight to the spot. You can't see the house - it's overgrown and the trees are hiding it:

Tibbs' House
36°57'02.92" N 81°59'34.21" W

Here are the precise coordinates for the rock neno woke up on, so you can get an approximation of the distances and bearings involved:

Big Rock
36°56'54.22" N 81°59'21.33" W

Here are the precise coordinates of what's left of the house I grew up in. That square thingy is the foundation walls of the root cellar that was under it, and is all that remains:

Home Place
36°57'20.05" N 82°01'12.11" W

For orientation purposes, here are the coordinates of where Ben's Cabin stands. It's occupied right now by an ancient farm house that was abandoned when I lived there, but which appears to have someone living in it now:

Ben's Cabin
36°56'41.96" N 82°00'40.15" W

The "clanking" noise I heard which sounded like it was coming from the inside of the mountain was here:

Clanking Noise
36°57'29.21" N 82°00'07.58" W

The Inscription Rock (really called "Little Rock") is approximately here:

Little Rock
36°56'36.91" N 82°00'12.14" W

The overlay appears to be slightly mismatched at that point, and I believe the actual image of Little Rock is the gray lump just south of there, which appears to be just outside the woodline, but the "woodline" is really just the way the shadows fall. The rock sits right on top of the mountain, right on the ridge, like it was dropped there or something. It's not "attached", or bedrock, and I have no idea how it came to rest there. The "woodline" really marks the ridge of the mountain, shadows to the north appearing as woods, and sunny to the south, appearing as a relatively cleared area.

ETA: I just figured out that you can copy and paste these coordinates into Google Maps and get the same views, without installing Google Earth. It works best if you set the view option to "Earth" to get a recent satellite image of the area.

edit on 2011/12/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Good sir, I want to thank you humbly, from the bottom of my heart, for your contributions to my entertainment and education this morning!!

I read the working thread first....looked at all of your coordinates....(awesomely beautiful), trying to get a handle on our whereabouts....

Then went to the Opera thread....
I am now approximately halfway through All I Want, which is one of my FAVORITE songs and has been burned to discs in my home on probably 10 different mixes....

THANK YOU.

Big hug for you nenothtu. One of my awesome, cool new friends and teammates, and a fellow 50something....

EDIT TO ADD: Crap, song ended as I was wrapping up this post...sigh.
Guess I'll have to go back and play it again and READ the post with it this time....
*settles into chair with fresh cup o' Joe*
edit on 4-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Wow, you two are amazing...(you and neno) (well, you and BIAD, also) (BIAD and Neo)

I'm so wrapped up in our story I can't keep it out of my head!!

Okay, Dag has some work to do; I hope she's up to it!!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I didn't like my last two posts.
They felt rushed, cheap, lacked depth and it just, well, wasn't wat I wanted.
I'm not making excuses I'm crucifying myself.
But it's all for the good.
Why?
Because it's goading me to try harder - learn more - etc.
In the process I ran across this video and there's some real nuts of wisdom in it.

Enjoy and my apologies to the group as a whole over my participation this week.

JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT TIME!

*wink*

YOU MEAN - BRANSOM AND THE BUZZARDS!!!

lol

Night All!

peace

edit on 4-12-2011 by silo13 because: second vid

new topics

top topics

<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join