It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 288
<< 285  286  287    289  290  291 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

LOVE the song!!
Is there a more high-tech release of it anywhere? Lyrics were a bit 77ish in sound quality. Good thing she was moving her mouth, lacking subtitles!!
Love it!
Reminds me of Tracy Ulman's old fun stuff..

STORYLINE Question: BIAD, do you have a scenario in mind for when they reach Temple Cross? Fill me in and I'll be happy to work up the scene...
I was waiting to see what happened with all yall before Dag continued.
But, be warned::
She is infatuated with Brittle, and we have yet to disclose whether or not he can speak, and if so, what language...
I'm working it up now (in my mind)....can I have a few hours to let it congeal??
Then I'll take "Adam" back in hand for some tension-building re their "romance."... and some complications / obstacles to them leaving the temple....
I promise I'll post....
Unless you have already got ahead of me....please advise ASAP
edit on 26-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

...So, maybe we'll have a new writer who was seduced by our collective charms
(for once) and NOT RECRUITED!

These 'collective charms'...? you're referring to the ones displayed above are you?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Question: BIAD, do you have a scenario in mind for when they reach Temple Cross?
Fill me in and I'll be happy to work up the scene...

I was dabbling with the idea that after 'rescueing' Dag... and there's nothing to say
Brittle can't come along for the ride -We can travel to the barren place without knowing
Silo is there.
It'll be a long-drawn out saga and how to incorperate Neno, tibbs and Muckles into it is
gonna take cracker-jack timing!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I was dabbling with the idea that after 'rescuing' Dag... and there's nothing to say
Brittle can't come along for the ride -We can travel to the barren place without knowing
Silo is there.

Something tells me you all might show up as 'strangers in trouble'.
When Gep tells 'Maggie' (Silo) of the 'troubles in town' - her memory comes back.
Or something schlocky like that, lol.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
On the other hand I think we need to be prepared for Silo/Maggie not wanting to leave the 'Olis' farm.
Just sayin.
Her heart is already breaking.
Oh drama.

Added note:

This is the tune (THANK YOU BIAD) that's the inspiration for the latest Silo/Maggie/Gep chapter.

There's a still in the street outside your window
And you're keeping secrets on your pillow
Let me inside- no cause for alarm
I promise tonight not to do no harm
Yeah I promise ya babe, I won't do ya no harm

And we're caught up in the crossfire
Of heaven and hell
And we're searchin' for shelter
Lay your body down

Lay your body down
Lay your body down

Watching you dress as you turn down the lights
I forget all about the storm outside
Dark clouds roll their way over town
Heartache and pain came a-pouring down
Like hail, sleet and rain yeah they're handing it out

We're caught up in the crossfire
Of heaven and hell
And we're searchin' for shelter
Lay your body down
Lay your body down
Lay your body down

Lay your body down
Lay your body down
Lay your body down

Tell the devil that he can go back from where he came
His fiery arrows drew their bead in vain

And when the hardest part is over we'll be here And our dreams will break the boundaries of our fear The boundaries of our fear
Lay your body down
source

I hope the last part comes true for Gep and 'Maggie'...
edit on 26-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Huzzah for drama!!!

Okay, I have a partial to post on the story thread...
gimme a few, guys....

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Naw this isn't the remake I was hoping for...

Plus he drops the 'Spanish fly' line.

Ugh.

'Goes back to looking'...

(What does he/she do with bread anyway)???

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Your last posting was absolutely wonderful, thank you
for sharing... BIAD has a smile of contentedness on his
Fizzog for a change!

Edit:

... our favorite book ‘Serendipity‘ by CindyMars’

And on we go!
edit on 26-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey, do I need to do some back-story research into the CyndyMars series of books? Where do I look?

Also, this Danamhur place that I've recently discovered, has lots of photos online, and there a books available. It's a five-story underground complex of temples (humankind, water, earth, etc). I've grabbed a few shots, including one of a passage tunnel into the mountain.

One site, dated 2007 says that it has been recognized as one of the most beautiful communites on earth. At our point in time, I'm thinking it has been long forgotten, but perfectly maintained, and is a hidden universal sanctuary...anyone interested in some links?
www.damanhur.org...

I'm intrigued...think I'd like to develop a whole history / study of it (whether or not we're there long).
thoughts?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by nenothtu

If -as you describe, a dystopian future is where we find our gang... are we to go up against
the powers-that-blah-blah?
I'm still struggling a the overall plot of this one!

"Dystopian" is in the eye of the beholder. From a modern first-world perspective, farming with horses is antiquated. A future in which that is the norm would be 'dystopian' from their viewpoint. Form a current third world perspective, where it may be your wife or one of the kids pulling the plow, farming with horses would appear a step UP in the world.

It's all in how you look at it. From my perspective, farming with horses is just another way of getting by - self-sustaining, don't care who gets blown up in a fight over oil in some sand pit, because I wouldn't be needing the oil. Got a horse, y'know? It burns hay, locally produced.

So 'dystopian' from that angle is all in how you look at things. In a wider context (Huxley, Orwell, Wells, etc.) one could argue that dystopia REQUIRES inimical forces to be at work, but what I'm saying is 'inimical' can be shaped by an individual's perceptions of the world.

Now, as to the plot aspect, we haven't one - yet. It will happen, though. For plot purposes, there always has to be some antagonist, something to produce conflict in need of resolution by the protagonist. Now, whether that is huge or small is up for grabs at the moment, but an antagonist will no doubt come along.

After all, there are still several pseudo-deities trapped in that other dimension, and I'm sure they are bound to be out of sorts over their plot having been foiled...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I can't help but laugh.
I recieved a U2U I accidently deleted. It was titled to the 'Space Opera Working Thread'.
EEEK! I was sure someone was angry about my representatino of BIAD the 'Melon Carver'.
Au contraire!
She's interested in joining! OR at least wanted more information on the Space Opera! LOL!

So, maybe we'll have a new writer who was seduced by our collective charms (for once) and NOT RECRUITED!

FRESH MEAT!

Honestly, this is a great place to introduce a new character and writer. The story has not yet gelled, so nearly anything goes. They would be starting off just as we did in the original Space Opera - just a few ground rules, and whatever else happens, happens!

Seduced, you say? Been a LONG time since I was accused of anything like that - must have been something Y'ALL did!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

WHISTLES, HOOTS, STOMPING AND CLAPPING "BRAVO!!!!!"

Wow, Dude. I'm mesmerized. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
So -- there was another war 1500 years later? Or have they changed the year-count to represent some other "major discovery" or some tyrant's preference??

There's a potential that it's some sort of elven accounting of time - in the same way as there is a "jewish" calendar, an "islamic" calendar, a "gregorian" calender, a "julian" calendar.... you get the idea. The same day can bear wildly different dates depending on whose calendar is in play.

I love how you got us near the desert!!

Well done. My top hat is off to you, BIAD. And, love the new kit!!

Yup, he seems to have done his homework!

Darwin Honaker - There actually IS a family in that area named Honaker. They founded the town of Honaker, but it wasn't called that then... in the beginning, it was called "New Garden". I think the rail station there is still called "New Garden Station". The name was changed to Honaker some time last century. The Honakers were metal workers and gunsmiths. There is a beautiful hand -made "Pennsylvania" long rifle on display at the Williamsburg, VA visitor center that was made by one of them - Isaac Honaker, I think. I can't recall for sure - several were gunsmiths whose work was highly sought. The rifle in the display case at Williamsburg was made by my first wife's great-great-so many greats-back grandfather. I just can't recall for sure which Honaker that was.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Question: BIAD, do you have a scenario in mind for when they reach Temple Cross?
Fill me in and I'll be happy to work up the scene...

I was dabbling with the idea that after 'rescueing' Dag... and there's nothing to say
Silo is there.
It'll be a long-drawn out saga and how to incorperate Neno, tibbs and Muckles into it is
gonna take cracker-jack timing!

Time for neno to wake up and get up off of his lazy fanny! I'll try and work out a post or two where he, Sslar, ErnieBen, Muckles and Tibbs get gathered up into a single knot. I've got a mechanism in mind for how he can find Ernie and Sslar - by the expedient of dropping by Ben's old cabin which is only a couple of miles away from the rock. I still haven't figured out a way to gather up Muckles and Tibbs, though, and have not a clue yet as to how to get this bunch together with BIAD, Adam Dag, and most uncertainly of all, Silo. I've not got even a hint of a clue yet as to how we are to find her in the vast expanse of every possible where and every possible when.

I'll need to find a clue for that one....

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Also, this Danamhur place that I've recently discovered, has lots of photos online, and there a books available. It's a five-story underground complex of temples (humankind, water, earth, etc). I've grabbed a few shots, including one of a passage tunnel into the mountain.

One site, dated 2007 says that it has been recognized as one of the most beautiful communites on earth. At our point in time, I'm thinking it has been long forgotten, but perfectly maintained, and is a hidden universal sanctuary...anyone interested in some links?
www.damanhur.org...

I'm intrigued...think I'd like to develop a whole history / study of it (whether or not we're there long).
thoughts?

I went to the homepage of that article you linked to. here.

I'll be honest - there's something that doesn't sound quite right about that place to me. Can't really put my finger on it, but it leaves me with a vague unease. Bluntly, there's something about that writeup that scares the beejeezus out of me! "Damanhur" sounds Sanskrit, but this place is in Europe?

It brings odd associations to mind of that underground (literally UNDERGROUND, not figuratively - as in "subterranean") religious cult in "Beneath the Planet of the Apes".

Don't know why it leaves me uneasy. If they stay under ground, and I stay above ground, what possible harm could come of it?

Moorlocks?

Eloi?

I dunno.... dystopia here we come!

In all seriousness, if you want to explore the place, go for it! After all, it's your story line, your sub-plot, and I for one ain't gonna say boo about it. I can't imagine anyone discouraging you from developing that aspect to your heart's content!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Hey, do I need to do some back-story research into the CyndyMars series of books? Where do I look?

CindyMars is/was a very prolific and well renown science fiction writer (this how she could afford that amazing cabin, etc).

One of her books, Serendipity has been mentioned up a couple times in the story line. Once when Adam found and almost filched a copy of it at CindyMar's cabin, when Ernie talked about it and now when it appears at the 'Olis' cabin.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d587d99b24bc.jpg[/atsimg]

Nothing about the actual story line of the book was known until now - all that's been revealed is the name Maggie the heroine and yet, oh yeah, once Ernie said something about he read about 'teleporting' in the book.

That's the whole history. In fact I'll include some of this in the index page just in case!

I've used it as a tool - to place time and in a cheap way to introduce the true serendipitous mood ever present throughout the Space Opera.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Now, as to the plot aspect, we haven't one - yet. It will happen, though.

And most important in my opinion? We have to just LET THE PLOT HAPPEN. If we try to 'set it up' - it fails. It never seems to work out. Believe me I've tried, lol.

Also, the mystique of being a part of this 'clan' a writers is to ---> just let it happen

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I've not got even a hint of a clue yet as to how we are to find her in the vast expanse of every possible where and every possible when.

I'll need to find a clue for that one...

I'm purposefully going to keep Silo/Maggie's whereabouts as vague as can be. She will want to avoid towns. And they want towns to avoid her, lol.

I'm pretty sure when you all are in such a much a trouble it looks like there's no way out? Just about then Maggie/Silo will hear about some strangers and know it's time to go help.

Can't say much more than that.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

That Damanhur place is scary stuff. Holy cow.
It's got that 'Beneath the Planet of the Apes' feel for sure - but even more so in my opinion? It 'feel's like 'West World' - remember that FREAKY movie?

*Still gets the chills over that one*!

Whoa...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I recall "West World" from when it originally came out - Yul Brynner "losing face" is something that stuck in my head for a LONG time! It was one in a series of movies with the same theme - amusement park robots that went haywire and started erasing real folk.

I'm at work right now, and so don't have the bandwidth to watch the YouTube video, but I'll watch it when I get home. Ah, for those nostalgic good old days, when robots would occasionally go haywire and try to kill you for real! Somehow, this silly laptop that sits here and just every now and then tries to shoot laser beams into my eyes from the screen in an effort to program and mind control me just isn't the same - since it don't have legs, I can outrun it, whereas Yul Brynner with a six shooter and an electronic headache is a tougher nut to crack!

Damanhur strikes me as... I dunno, officially sanctioned cult-ish? It doesn't creep me out so much as it leaves me with a vague and lingering unease, a feeling of foreboding, I could be more at ease spending the night at Dracula's castle at Poenari in Romania. Part of the unease, I'm sure, is down to the fact that I believe the people there mean well. It's "well meaning" people on a mission that scare me more than anything else on Earth.

edit on 2011/11/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Holy Moly things work fast around here!!

Ok, well, I have to be away for a while today; but Dag is not going to be so easily discovered as we might think. As for being rescued, well........she is at the moment feeling that she has just been rescued from what would have been a life without Brittle.

She's not brainwashed, but she's going to have to "rassle" with some things before she makes a decision. Brittle is the heir-apparent to the Fae, and is overlord of the entire complex.

Only parts of it are religious temples (one for each element, plus one for each race - human, elven, gnome, faerie, and........some other things we don't even know about yet......like....giant sandworms and ......... one guy who morphed with a sandworm larva....(yeah, I know, not original)...but there could be a Temple for Leedo the Emperor...and their could be giant sandworms out in that thar dezurt.....

or not!!

Okay, lots of thinking to do while I drive to my event; just -- no one find Brittle and Dag quite yet, okay??
Please??

new topics

top topics

<< 285  286  287    289  290  291 >>

join