It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 289
<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I hope I aren't rushing on too far... the damned-thing just gets
out and begins to race around like a loon!

I will 'pad-out' the politcs of it all as we go along, but it may
need an overview from you -Sir, when you're up-and-running!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I was wondering whether Dag will find her way back into Adam's heart or
if Brittle was now the love-of-her-life... a difficult one.

Is this Dag singing about regret?!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

She's not brainwashed, but she's going to have to "rassle" with some things before she makes a decision.

I'll take your word for it - but - but - but, isn't that what alllllll brainwashed beings say?

* It's gonna be tough to tie it in to the old story line - she and Silo 'born' and 'made' at LAB, growing up together until they finally broke out - never separated, etc.

I'm thinking Dag might have a tough time with this one but knowing Wild she can pull off the story change if anyone can!

Then there's poor Adam. On the other hand...maybe not. If Dag is that fickle he's better off without her I'd think.

*EVIL GRIN*

*Disclaimer: This post is meant to do what we call here 'stu-zi-car-eh' (phonetics are beautiful huh)... Anyway, the post is meant to provoke - in a GOOD way.

edit on 27-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No, it doesn't disrupt her past in this lifetime at all. She was created from human essence, right? So....dang, I hate to give it away!! As for "poor Adam", it will sort itself out. He has some growing up to do, though. His insecurity is showing.

I'll take care of it as best as I can. I figured (perhaps prematurely) that if Silo could give birth, time-travel, live in the same here/now as her grown son....well, why can't Dag have as colorful and surprising a history as she/they do??

Anyway, I thought we had jumped to another Earth era -- where some 1600 years have passed from where we were. No? Or is the Earth's year-measuring changed from the current BC/AD one?

Seems to me a LOT has happened to Dag and Adam that we don't know yet -- and Silo and Tibbs and everyone else...
so....no worries, I'm not going to derail the whole story. Dag is recalling, and being touched by a remnant -- of a previous lifetime.
okay?! You satisfied!??
*crosses arms in a huff and thrusts chin forward* Huh?

If BIAD would just take a break, or leave Adam on his own for a bit, I wouldn't have to expose my plot so fast!!

JK, guys. Just Kidding....
Just, like I said, please dont have them come across Dag until I've got her where I want her and she goes through some things I have in mind.....

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Excellent!!! Your supposed to wonder!! Dramatic tension/conflict,....keeps you reading!!

heh....just for now, have Adam wanting to find her, but not yet successful. Meantime he is going through some serious self-evaluation, and comparing himself to the others strengths....
he "needs" Dag now...(not a good thing if it's at the expense of his own self-esteem)....

see where I'm heading with that?
Yes, they will be having a crisis -- a series of crises -- that eventually make their relationship stronger. But not within the next few weeks...

Is that cool with everyone??

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I'm thinking Dag might have a tough time with this one but knowing Wild she can pull off the story change if anyone can!

Like I said!
And no need to tell - I was just poking.

edit on 27-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
WOW you're up LATE!!!

Are you gonna do another Silo bit soon??
I'm dying to find out what that's all about!!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Yeah, It's 0114. Not able to sleep. Working on a post now - just reading what you all are up to in order to get a better handle on what time frame we're in. It's bothering me I can't get a 'feel' for the 'year'. Also wondering if we're looking at a new index of time? BC, AD, now (?) AA = after apocalypse.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Dam good song, that!!
I really like Kate W. Didn't know she could sing, but it doesn't surprise me.

....back on topic, though...
she will have regrets, yes. She will also have to make some choices that will hurt either way.
But, she is Dag. She'll survive.

Trust me, I know.!!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I dunno! I asked that too...I know we're in the year 40blahma....4 thousand something....
Still not clear on that though.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

It's been hectic, but I'll eventually be back in the saddle!

I got called in to work again tonight on an emergency basis, my bride or whatever she is got bitten by a brown recluse (the surgeon said it hit her TWICE!), and my granddaughter, 4 years old, is at the hospital at this moment because some dumbass thought it would be a good idea to take her into the woods this morning and let her shoot a BIG gun - the net result was the recoil smacked the barrel into her face, and it looks a lot like a broken cheek bone on a 4 year old to me.

The other granddaughter, the two year old, only has bruised ribs from her turn at the trigger.

I dunno what it is he uses to think with, but her pappy don't appear to have the brains God gave a fence post. I'll deal with him later.

So anyhow, it's been hectic, but I'll get back up and running as soon as the emergencies die back down to a dull roar.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I am without words. I'm also a gun enthusiast and my own was shooting at an early age. A .22 of course. I can't even begin to... NO, I'll not go there never mind... (Someone needs as arse whoopin')...

And that 'recluse' spider bite? HOLY BLEEP. That is BAD! I hope all works out there.

As for when you get back to the Story Line? Um... Could you possibly clear up the 'WHEN' part if you're up for it?

Or is that going to develop as the plot develops?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

heh....just for now, have Adam wanting to find her, but not yet successful. Meantime he is going through some serious self-evaluation, and comparing himself to the others strengths....
he "needs" Dag now...(not a good thing if it's at the expense of his own self-esteem)....

"Needy", clingy folks are such a pain, aren't they? Then again, there's nothing quite like that to make your own SELF feel... needed...

I was told a long time ago, by the woman who surreptitiously broke the confidences of the "Sisterhood" (and so whom shall remain nameless) two important, arcane facts (according to her) that have stood me in good stead throughout life:

1) In ANY relationship, the male ALWAYS has the initial advantage. It's the female's task to somehow steal that advantage, and once he loses it, he will never, EVER be able to regain it.

2) Women want to be wanted, and men need to be needed.

SHHH! Don't tell that I told!

see where I'm heading with that?
Yes, they will be having a crisis -- a series of crises -- that eventually make their relationship stronger. But not within the next few weeks...

Is that cool with everyone??

Suits me!

ETA: Now someone is shooting out there - and it's near 8PM, past dark, so they ain't deer hunting. This day just gets betterer and betterer! Back in a bit.

edit on 2011/11/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

As my friend nenothtu once said:

HOLY CRAP!

Jeez. Are you serious?? Who lets a 4-year old.....never mind. Don't get me (and Silo) started. Good grief. Yeah, pappy's got some splainin' to do.....

Wow about the recluse too!! I lived in a house infested with them for several years....none of us ever were bitten...they are quite shy, really....but yes, I do shake out my clothes. She'll be okay with some antibiotics. The girls will heal....but pappy?? Well, he should have a scar that will NEVER let him forget....maybe....a convenient dislocation of the trigger finger???

heh...sorry. My mama-bear side just got poked. Will your daughter whoop his bum, or should I book a flight??

(oh, and, um.....just in case: nice try to upstage Silo's most recent near-disaster)....

no, really, hope things get BETTER quickly!

edit on 27-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Yeah? Well, what about women who want to be wanted AND need to be needed???

Yeah, the answer is:

We are the major radar blips for the "bad boys."

Inately, and also, on purpose (until we learn to see one and say to ourselves "Self, NO!")

It's a disease.
I'm taking meds for it....but the real cure is finding a guy who puts on the "bad-boy" persona but actually loves kitties, listens to Abba, and asks you every day if you'll marry him, even 5 years after the point of "I do."

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I am without words. I'm also a gun enthusiast and my own was shooting at an early age. A .22 of course. I can't even begin to... NO, I'll not go there never mind... (Someone needs as arse whoopin')...

I've been shooting since I was about 6, but like you I started out with a .22 rifle, not some bad-ass magnum pistol! I NEVER shot a pistol until I was probably 16 or so, and didn't do very well with it - I'd have stood a better chance of hitting the target by throwing the gun at it like a rock. I improved with practice and experience, and now I can shoot one in the dark better than I can in the light - on the modified FBI course we use for qualification, I shot a 93% in the daylight and a 96% at night.

An ass whoopin' was my initial reaction, too. I've got a 3 foot long night stick we cal a "riot baton" because it's designed to wade into a crowd and start laying folks out on all sides, and I thought maybe he needed to get acquainted with it, but that notion passed like a fog in the dawn. Now I've got a much better plan, and one that I won't have to lay a glove on him to get accomplished. It will leave those invisible sorts of scars that hurt the worst. You just DON'T mess with my family.

And that 'recluse' spider bite? HOLY BLEEP. That is BAD! I hope all works out there.

Believe it or not, this is her SECOND rasslin' match with a brown recluse! I asked her didn't she learn anything about it the first time? That was before I met her. though. I dunno how I passed 50 without even getting bit by one the FIRST time, much less a second. When I was a kid in Ohio, another kid got chomped by one and it killed him. I've known what they are and what they look like since then, so have managed to avoid them. I've known 3 other adults, besides her, who have been bitten by them, and it gets pretty nasty in some cases, but isn't usually life threatening for an adult.

As for when you get back to the Story Line? Um... Could you possibly clear up the 'WHEN' part if you're up for it?

Or is that going to develop as the plot develops?

BIAD hasn't really clarified the date that Master Honaker mentioned, so my working theory for the time being is that it's late April or early May 2322 or 2323 Earth Human (Gregorian) calendar, and sometime after the year 4018 by the elven calendar.

That's what I'm working on until he says otherwise.

The war mentioned may have been a purely Otherworld War, occurring in the realm of the Fae Folk, or it may have been a side branch of the Earth Energy Wars from Luder's background to the Space Opera which I drew on for some of the background material in my posts in the Penelope canonical background thread. A cursory overview of Earth history can be found there. BIAD did mention at some point that it may be a war WE never heard of, which opens the possibility of it being purely Otherworld and unconnected with human wars.

UEF Background Thread

The technology level really doesn't correlate to the specific date, though. After all, as I type this out on a laptop computer that I can carry around with me, and which has no physical connection to the internet at all, and yet you will be able to read it within seconds on the other side of the world, there are STILL stone age tribesmen hunting peccaries with pointy sticks.

War in general tends to wreak havoc with infrastructure, and war over energy resources would tend to be exacerbated by those very shortages that caused the war to begin with, so it's really not a surprise to find large masses of folks living 300 odd years in the future from now with technology from a hundred or two hundred years ago from this point in time.

Not surprising at all - and as I mentioned before, it seems prudent to me, at least, to rely more on that older sort of tech for some things anyhow, especially critical things like eating. If one farms with horses, he will not be caught off guard or inconvenienced in the least in another Arab Oil Embargo snit.

I'm guessing that's what my dear old dad was thinking when he taught me to farm with horse power lo those many years ago. We NEVER had a tractor after I was about 5 or 6 years old. it was horse power the whole way. He taught me all sorts of antiquated stuff like that, saying cryptically "you never know when you'll need it, but when you need it, you'll already know it."

As in the TV series "Firefly" and the movie "Serenity", there is no particular reason that 19th century technology can't thrive right along side of star ships - it's a matter of practicality in some cases.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Yeah? Well, what about women who want to be wanted AND need to be needed???

Yeah, the answer is:

We are the major radar blips for the "bad boys."

Inately, and also, on purpose (until we learn to see one and say to ourselves "Self, NO!")

It's a disease.
I'm taking meds for it....but the real cure is finding a guy who puts on the "bad-boy" persona but actually loves kitties, listens to Abba, and asks you every day if you'll marry him, even 5 years after the point of "I do."

Hmmm... you may have just dropped in an important piece of the puzzle of my life that she left out lo those many years ago.

"Blips on the radar"... that explains WHY I've always wound up with those types! It's that "knight in shining armor" vs. "damsel in distress" thing - you can't just say "NO, DAMMIT!" and leave them in distress, but then you've got to live with the clingy second skin until THEY outgrow YOU, slough off, and run away, usually screaming at you.

I LOVE kitties! They are GREAT with A1 sauce, and make very good mittens if skinned properly!

I'll not comment on the marriage proposals, being guilty myself of that very thing upon occasion, long after the aisle was walked. It doesn't mean I'm NOT a "bad boy" - it only means that I may be subject to fits of temporary sanity!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Yup, now you know what your sage didn't tell ya.!!!

Uh, I almost added in that my husband WAS that "bad boy" persona....and it was only after I married him that I discovered his soft sde...
and by the way....he used to make snide remarks about my cats, and talk about barbecuing them....so, you're not gettin' that one past me, neno, no way, no how!!!
Ya big softy.

I got lucky; and I also had 3 failed marriages behind me. The one I got now? A jewel. The knight/damsel thing.
Is it perfect? Nope.
But it works. He has a heart of gold, the right principles, and the intentions and morals of Sir Valiant himself (aside from the bit about never putting his things were they belong, neglecting to pick up cat food when we're out, cluttering up his "areas" of the house...) he heh!! I love 'im. God help me, I do.
*glances at the Harley sitting immediately to her left, on which she frequently rests her feet while online* *and also hears the shreiking crowd and asinine noise of a football game coming from the bedroom while she is online at this moment*

OKAY! gonna go watch Miss Congeniality now.
ttyl!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Phew! We're gonna have to get this time-difference thing (you over there and
me here)... sorted, what were they thinking of when they brought out different
time-zones?!
Hadn't the ATS Creating Writing Forum been invented then?

Wild Times= Don't worry, BIAD and Adam won't be getting too far, the way
I write... it seems to take 3 or 4 episodes just to get them to take a train-ride!!

...know we're in the year 40blahma....4 thousand something.... Still not clear on that though...

Some sort of war happened a while back, the world is just getting back on it's
feet and as Neno indicated, post-Apocalyptic times are afoot.

OKAY! gonna go watch Miss Congeniality now.

The part where Sandra Bullock walks out of the Hanger...? that's BIAD on a good day!!

Silo= The Tumbler and it's occupants are looking for you and whenever you want,
they can touchdown and bring you home. But... I'm sure Chumley and the two 'Tin-Heads'
will get into scrapes along the way.

Neno=

...2) Women want to be wanted, and men need to be needed.

So you can imagine the conflicting feelings that BIAD goes through!!

...so my working theory for the time being is that it's late April or early May 2322 or
2323 Earth Human (Gregorian) calendar, and sometime after the year 4018 by
the elven calendar...

That'll be okay... whatever we knew has long been soaked in Rads and fell away!

On a more-serious note, I hope everyone is safe and gets well soon.
'Recluse'? That's creature I had never heard of before.
edit on 27-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Some sort of war happened a while back, the world is just getting back on it's
feet and as Neno indicated, post-Apocalyptic times are afoot.

This is all great. All great.
I love the 'Tumbler' and you got Skinny eggzactly right! He's perfect!

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what happens with Chumley and the Tin Heads.
I also don't think they're going to be as 'out of place' as I once thought. This makes it great for Chumley. He can 'get around' 'down there' can he???

Question: I wonder what this means for the Regalians and Buzzards? Let's stick with the Regalian's for a moment.

What will Post - Apocalypse Earth's reaction be to a Regalian? That's a huge question. Any takers?

edit on 28-11-2011 by silo13 because: added more after reasing the story line. Got to quite coming here first!

top topics

<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join