It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 293
<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Provisional map:

Not great - the circles aren't to scale, they just indicate the general area of the locations, and as I've said before, my labeling sucks, but is this what you had in mind?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Great! Thank you.

It helps me with visuals when telling the 'where's and etc.
I appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hell of a culture them folks over next to the wastelands have developed. Neno would go steal him a bunch of them wimmins like we used to steal horses, but what the devil would he do with 'em after he stole 'em? I'm thinking he couldn't bring himself to trade them off or sell them, and he sure in the world couldn't keep 'em, so just what would he do with 'em?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Same thing he does with horses?

Anyhewwwwww - yes, it's either this kid Pip is a weirdo or that's really the way of things. Who knows, we'll find out sooner or later.

Between now and then I have to really go back and read the lot over again to see if I can squeak out any way these stories are going to mesh. I'm sure they will...eventually and with enough work.

Thanks again for the map.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Same thing he does with horses?

Put 'em in a harness and make 'em pull a plow? That seems a little harsh...

Anyhewwwwww - yes, it's either this kid Pip is a weirdo or that's really the way of things. Who knows, we'll find out sooner or later.

I've not gotten the impression that he'd be one to tell tales like that.

Between now and then I have to really go back and read the lot over again to see if I can squeak out any way these stories are going to mesh. I'm sure they will...eventually and with enough work.

Oh yeah, you know they're going to mesh and them gel! One possibility is that neno goes on a "liberation" raid to free some of them wimmens (or fit 'em for a harness - you just never can tell about him!) and finds poor little disoriented amnesiac Silo in the batch... or something else altogether might happen, but either way they WILL mesh!

Thanks again for the map.

My pleasure - it's a hobby with me, because I'm the wierd kid!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I've got a waterfall in mind - it's a cascade of 3 separate waterfalls, actually, where I used to go and take showers - but it's above ground, and the impression I got was that the town, the temple, the waterfall, and all of that was BELOW ground. The whole area is shot full of caves, so it could be ANYWHERE underground.

No, the waterfall was above ground. Dag was grabbed at the lakeside and taken up into the mountains to where there was a passage that went behind the waterfall. Inside the cave behind the fall was a doorway -- that was where BIAD and Adam were taken to the Victorian town. Dag was taken beyond the waterfall (out the other side) to a doorway hidden behind some brush (which no one in Gerald's party knew about -- only Brittle and his helper guy knew about it. A private entrance, so to speak.

The one I was imagining was the fall in The Last of the Mohicans (Daniel Day Lewis) (Which I just spent an hour looking for a picture of -- there are several on Google image search that CLAIM they are the one in the movie, but according to the State Park where Chimney Rock falls is the actual one in the movie does not exist. It was in a studio in Asheville. They did film in this location, however.)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Also, I've been holding auditions all week...these are the two finalists for the movie part of Brittle:

Eric Schweig (think I'm leaning toward him....)

Antonio Banderas (would be first choice except for he doesn't have the straight hair)

Also ran:
Johnny Depp (scheduling conflict, and complexion not quite peanut-brittley enough)
Keanu Reeves (didn't want to be in another movie about Neo)
Clive Owen (wrong eye color)
Nic Cage (sorry, not anymore, Nic. I've moved on)
Gerard Depardieu (seriously?)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

DAMN IT! I turned 51 today and BIAD had just commented that
my looks would 'knock the socks off' any of those guys!

But then again, the freak doesn't have any eyes, so...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

DAMN IT! I turned 51 today and BIAD had just commented that
my looks would 'knock the socks off' any of those guys!

But then again, the freak doesn't have any eyes, so...

Auditions have not yet closed, man!!
Banderas is also 51. And I'm freshly turned 53...so, no ageism in the casting process...hope is not lost!!

(I already pictured you as surpassing all others, no worries)

edit on 6-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

WOOT!
Bend over - you've got 51 big ones coming!
Grats on making it thus far in style there BIAD!

Ohhh! It's time for birthdays on the Space Opera. Why the hell not!
That's something we haven't included! Pick a B-Day for your Characters peeps! (Or not)...

AUGURI!

ADDED NOTE: Gerard Depardieu is a hottie...

edit on 6-12-2011 by silo13 because: Added Note Above

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

(I already pictured you as surpassing all others, no worries)

(the cheque is in the mail)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The down-side for BIAD, is that how does a group of paper hat-wearing
writers on a supposedly 'weird' website celebrate the Man/Girls' birthday?

"Happy Birthday to yoooou, from the Test Jar -you flewwww,
Spent your whole life in a red dress,
Tell us what's under there, please do"

It's bad enough (or BIAD enough!)... that he's in the kitchen making
the cake! (you should see him with his chef's hat on... ridiculous!)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

ADDED NOTE: Gerard Depardieu is a hottie...

Fine. He can play Gep.

EDIT to add revelation....
*gasp* You already DID cast him as Gep. That's what's with the name....GErard dePardieu.
Ha. Thought you were pretty sneaky, eh? Can't get anything past ME, silo! I'm onto you!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
OMG silo!
She tried to kill her kid??!! To stay with his father? Wow. Well, in that case I'm glad the damned rattler got her instead. Poetic justice....nice venting.

My jaw dropped open on that one. Did you see it coming?

Can't wait to hear what happened to Gep now...
he's not coming back, but....is he dead? Or did he run off with another o them wimmen? I thought he liked Silo!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ohhh! It's time for birthdays on the Space Opera. Why the hell not! That's something we haven't included! Pick a B-Day for your Characters peeps!

Gonna go with what I know here...Dag is a Scorpio. The whole month of November is her "birthday"...she was begun on the first and finished on the 21st.

Adam's birthday is April 1st. He's always had a complex about that. Finds it irritating. But ironically, he is a bit foolish. Heh.

I need to do his character survey, too....
I'll be back with that in a few.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well, the wierd trio have landed... and guess who's waiting to see his
favourite brother again?

I once asked BIAD if he really did have a brother and whether it was
Death. He was darning my socks at the time and after sucking his thumb
for the umpteenth-time, he looked up and nodded.

Then honouring me with a harrowing view as he searched for a thimble under
the couch, he said from behind his curtain of black hair...
"Well, we usually call him Kevin"

I've gotta get him some meds..., you think?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

EDIT to add revelation....
*gasp* You already DID cast him as Gep. That's what's with the name....GErard dePardieu.
Ha. Thought you were pretty sneaky, eh? Can't get anything past ME, silo! I'm onto you!

LOL, don't you just love it when a plan comes together!

Funny enough I never really did give Gep that clear of a character sketch!
MY GAWD MAUD YOU GOT IT RIGHT!
IT IS HIM!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Did you see it coming?

Strangely enough I did not. It happened during a re-write.
Strange stuff that!

I don't know if Gep is finished or not. I'll have to sleep on it, but, since now I have the visual (thanks to you) of him sooo looking DePard-however you spell it - he might just have to come back!

Woohoo!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

"Well, we usually call him Kevin"

Aha! I KNEW there was something strange about my second husband...!
All that tall, thin, handsome tortured brooding artist stuff...never wanted to get close to anyone (including me) after he successfully seduced and then married me.
Explains a lot. I wondered what happened to him.

Glad I buggered off before he really got me! (although I've been taking meds ever since the beginning of the end of our years together. yup! He's the one drove me over the edge) lol

He turned me into a newt! (It got better)

EDIT TO ADD:
And No, he may NOT play the role in the movie. Doesn't play well with others at all. You'd not like him.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Okay, dude. have a request...PLEASE give me until tomorrow to do Adam's next scene.
I've got it halfway done -- then husband put on "Big Bad John" and some crap song about 1812 that was NOT the William Tell Overture....completely disrupting my train of thought. (He turns things up WAY too loud).

Adam is NOT going to see the same as what Dag saw in the mists. No no. Nor the same as what BIAD sees, either (which I'm happy to leave to you). His vision is something completely different and related to his gig as Jack the Ripper....and as a Trojan. He has dues to pay, which Dag does not....

OK? Please, Mister Most Prolific Writer?
My turn to take Adam back in hand....but I promise I won't corrupt BIAD's character....
I just need some time to ...and sort it....get it done before you post anything else. Someone is going to relate a story to Adam touching on the futility of confronting Death. Might even include neno (a past episode) I promise you will laugh. Or at least smile and be entertained.
So. two promises. In exchange for a few hours....deal? or no deal?

now.....James Dean??? Okay. See, I just NEVER KNOW where you're headed next.

I'm dancing as fast as I can!! I'll have it posted in your early afternoon -- my morning....

new topics

top topics

<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join