It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 251
<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Honestly, I just don't get it. I'm reading what you're saying and your ability to project your theories and ideas is remarkable but falling on ears that just refuse to let the meaning in to the brain.

I know I know - two timelines - two BIADS/Nenos/Silos - etc... But... But... But... Neno is not on Ship,Silo is not, neither is BIAD, nor Adam, Dag, etc. So we could all go back? (NOT that everyone will)...

Ugh. See where I start falling all over myself already...

I'm going to have to wait and see how you and Neno explain it all to the readers and then maybe I'll get it. And hey, at least I'll be a good test to see if they do! lol If I do, everyone else will for sure!

edit on 30-9-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I know I know - two timelines - two BIADS/Nenos/Silos - etc... But... But... But... Neno is not on Ship,Silo is not, neither is BIAD, nor Adam, Dag, etc. So we could all go back? (NOT that everyone will)...

That's true... in OUR timeline, if we can get to the Yydryl, then we'd be okay.
But what if the 'Rip' offered us a chance to go back BEFORE certain events occurred?

Would you take it?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

That's true... in OUR timeline, if we can get to the Yydryl, then we'd be okay.
But what if the 'Rip' offered us a chance to go back BEFORE certain events occurred?

Would you take it?

Wow... What a question! That's a doozey! (How do you spell that, lol)

About the Storyline:

Regardless if Ernie ends up being Ben or no I've left that part of the story alone far too long, and, since the post was already most written I stuck it in.

Before Ernie takes a step into being Ben I'll wait for your opinions. I already had him made out to be something 'more' but it does not have to be Ben and really, it's not my decision to make alone...

And if he's not Ben at least it's been updates and pay no mind, Ernie can stay in wait for the zombies now for another months or so, lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I know he's Nenono's character initially, but I vote make-him-Ben.

I knew the bag of characters would run out and we'd have to start
'doubling-up'!!

Keep on rocking -girl!
(Do they still say that?!)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Ernie thanks you!

And really, it is interesting the Ernie character wrote himself as an 'outsider' and sooo much like Jack Elam. That and way back CindyMars wrote that 'someone' was 'watching' her cabin. She told Silo she wasn't sure what 'it' or 'they' were all about but it was someone/something that seemed to be on her side against the 'bad greys'.

That and I really had no plans of making him a full time character but when he tool that teleport? It's like he was saying - 'Oh yeah, I done this before!'...

So, Ben or no Ben it'll be good to get that old business tied up.

Neno?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No problems ma'am... and here's a li'l thing I
was playin' with. (OMG! that didn't sound right!)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Yes! That's exactly it! For every possibility, there is a timeline or dimension or whatever you want to call it where that possibility is a reality! For half of an infinite number (don't think on that concept of half of infinity too long - it'll get ya) of timelines, there is another BIAD, Silo, neno, etc. I say half, because there are only two possibilities - either neno IS, or he IS NOT, so half of the timelines must account for each possibility.

There's a timeline where neno is a mousy, timid little accountant, getting beat up by his wife, and there's another where neno is emperor of a Vandalia that has conquered Earth - and a timeline for each of the possible permutations in between.

Infinity - it ain't just a car!

So then, it depends on what the life IS in the rend that opens up as to whether neno would take up that life. I think he might grow to hate getting beat up by his wife every day, and straining to make out those tiny numbers on the ledger sheet, and I don't think that being Emperor of Vandalia Earth (Vandalia gets top billing, y'know) - or emperor of anything at all - would set very well with "our" version of neno.

Now, if the rend were to open in the timeline where Margo didn't die, neno got rescued from Khalamzadar, and never left her side again, would he go to that one?

Would he?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by nenothtu

Sorry I missed the above posting.

...and perhaps fly it away to a safe place?

Yes, I think she could take that part and possibly be mobbed by the odd-Ophi buzzard
that could have come through during The Dark Lord's experiments.

Muckles is a tough old fishwife - she can manage a couple of Buzzards!

My way-of thinking about timelines is, what happens to you... the actual you, the one
that is here right now?!!

Do you mean if another me comes through the aether and lands in a timeline where there is already a "me"? I think that may depend on the temporal point on the timeline. It's possible that "I" could go to an older point on a timeline where the "me" there is a child, or a newer point where I was an old man, and both could coexist. I think if the current "me" does the traveling, then the current "me" on the new timeline must also be traveling across the lines, and that is how the displacement occurs.

I'm told that every molecule in your body is replaced every 7 years or so (don't know if that's true or not), so I would say that one can't exist on a timeline where he is already present, and made up of the same set of molecules. That would preclude time travel within 7 years or so in either direction UNLESS the "me" on the new timeline is also time-travelling to another one, OR I was travelling to one of the half of the timelines where I didn't exist to begin with.

I can't handle gin... it's rum for me!

edit on 2011/9/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

On another thought.
If we went back and saw Nenothtu and his son playing in the grass -near the river with his
wife looking on from a picnic table full of goodies.
What would we do?

Neno would have a melt-down, probably, the rest of you would have to scoop him up in a bucket and get him out of there...

They say there two organs that can't pass through time... your brain and your heart.

Perhaps fortunately, neno shows no sign of possessing either of those organs!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hiding the splitter there would be a grand idea - and out of the hands of the Dark Lord, too! I think the Zombies are on the side of the Dark Lord - as I recall anyhow, and that would of course present a danger to the Splitter, giving Ben/Ernie an excuse to rip through them like so much melted butter after he heard the tale of what was going on from Mucklebones, and just what the Splitter stakes were.

Might be a potential reason to send Silo and her gang back to Yydryl, too, as "guards" on the all important Splitter, and to get Adam into the medical chamber to finish up his regeneration.

I can hear neno now - "What the HELL, Ben! You didn't save any Zombies fer ME?"

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by silo13

There be may a time in the story where The Yydryl is available to Silo, Chumley, Carpet and Adam.
That time may already have a Silo, Chumley, Carpet and Adam... so what does one do?

Let's say that 'our' Silo13 needs the Yydryl to exist in, the logic would say that our beautiful
knife-wielder would die... would 'blink' out, but what if she doesn't?
What if a way around it is discovered? Then Silo... our Silo could (if she wishes not to distrupt
her 'others' timeline) on her merry way and find new adventures.

Don't forget the other 11 or 12 "Silos" in the House o' Mirras - they just "blinked out", but where did they blink out to? How are those connected to one another? Telepathy? No connection at all? And were there 11, or 12? in other words, was "our" Silo - the one that "died" replaced by another from that series, perhaps not even knowing that herself?

But wouldn't the discovery-part be just blind luck? Wouldn't it just be fitting parts in the tale
to continue? Wouldn't it be the actions of a merciful writer... or better yet a CREATOR?!!!

Who knows what path we are on! (soft-sinister music injected here)

maybe it ain't just "the Neo"... maybe we are creating a pantheon here... Then YOU folks get to find out what it's like to be a "god" who has to wrap fish for a living because no one believes he's a real "god" that legends are told about!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Honestly, I just don't get it. I'm reading what you're saying and your ability to project your theories and ideas is remarkable but falling on ears that just refuse to let the meaning in to the brain.

Ugh. See where I start falling all over myself already...

I'm going to have to wait and see how you and Neno explain it all to the readers and then maybe I'll get it. And hey, at least I'll be a good test to see if they do! lol If I do, everyone else will for sure!

Think of the timelines as "close" or "far". A "close" one would be only slightly different from the one we left - we wouldn't be there, either - but as you progress farther and farther away, you'll eventually reach one where we never left.... We couldn't go to that one, or one set of us would blink out of existence.

An infinite number of timelines... make sure you pick one where we don't blow ourselves up! Best way to do that is to pick a "close" one, where we left from...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

About the Storyline:

Regardless if Ernie ends up being Ben or no I've left that part of the story alone far too long, and, since the post was already most written I stuck it in.

Before Ernie takes a step into being Ben I'll wait for your opinions. I already had him made out to be something 'more' but it does not have to be Ben and really, it's not my decision to make alone...

Fine by me if they turn out to be the same being - and maybe a little something more. Imagine the confusion! "Ben! How'd YOU get here? An' why you got my purty blue woman all sloppy drunk?"

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"‘If there’s anything I like? It’s a Ship full of zombies!’"

ROFLMAO!

There's something really scary and slightly disturbing about a man that thinks like that and looks like Jack Elam!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Oh NO! I spoke too soon!

"If there's anything I like -it's a Tower full of zombies"

ROFLMAO - and cryin' I'm laughing so hard!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

OH! You break her poor weee heart yet again! Alas! He's gone back to his true love after a dishonorable liaison was proven to be...not...

Oh frik, I been reading too much Dickens I have.

Then again... I wonder what will end up going on between Y'lrang and Quorra? Has too much time passed? Has the fact she's been scrumping his father play in? (Maybe she'd not been a playin' at the beast with two hind sides?)? I guess we'll have to wait and see. Though I don't see Y'lrang ever leaving his people or his sister - and Silo'll not leave Ship.

Oh well...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sigh... it's not to be, they're star-crossed... sigh... ain't life a pain when duty calls and you have to answer?

Maybe you could let that phone ring just a little longer....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
After reading your discussions about time lines I can answer - finally.
I would ‘go’. I wouldn’t ‘step through’.
From no religious perspective, only a unbashable sense of curiosity that makes my life miserable and in turn wonderful at once.
Let me try to make this short.
It’s like lying.
I despise lying in others and do my dandiest not to lie myself.
Why?
Because it ‘changes our path’.
We’ve got this road we’re on and I want to know what’s at the end of it and everything in between - without any derailment, without any wandering down other roads.
If someone lies to me, it takes away my ability to make decisions with choices based on fact and as a result I make choices that take me ‘off’ my road.
Oh bother I think I’m bungling this up.
Point is - I want to see where this road is going to take me and not jump onto another where I’ll always wonder - Did I put another me - in a place I wanted out of? And second, always wondering what would have happened if I’d stayed on the original road/timeline.

Now about Silo and the Splitter.

My first reaction? I’d rather - if your both in accord - Silo stay with Neno and BIAD. Chumley can take Adam/Carpet, Dag and Muckles back to the little Sprint along with Tibbs (if he decides to go?) and get their way back to Ship. At the same time Muckles can help Ship get well - (She’s still quite stuporous - lol - under the weather from her energy drain).

Funny thing though, as I write this I get the feeling it’s all wrong, that she should go back... ???? What say you two??? Maybe she should go?

Beyond that I hope one of you write the battle scene with Ernie and the zombies. (I got grossed out writing the one with Deson getting eaten.) Anyway, it takes no back knowledge of the Yydryl. The Antar-zombie can be whacked in the corridors of the Yydryl, the other zombies are in Ship’s Center making their way back - and that’s a clear reflection of earth so no problem there. Wot wot. And I wouldn’t think Ernie will have any problem getting rid of the zombies - there’s only around 12 of them or so - but - IF he needs a hand that would leave Carpet, Chumley along with Dag (who might just surprise you with her ability to wield a weapon when something or someone threatens her Adam) to help out.

By the way - I get the feeling the 'other' Silo’s are trapped in the Tower and it was a trick of the Mirrors to 'toy' with Silo - I don’t know though. Again, we’ll see. Maybe they are dead.

edit on 1-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Oh, and I'll leave the whole Ben thing alone, wait and see what comes up between you two.

So, all we need to figure out now is does Silo stay or go with the others to take the Splitter back - and - what in the hell are we going to do about those OPHI'S on the way to get the splitter!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
NOTES: (helps me keep my head clear, lol)

---> Off to the Tower to? Take care of the Dark Lord. Kill him? Stick him in a bottle like a Geni? (I wonder if that’s possible - I love that idea, lol). What are his weaknesses and/or his superstitions, what he fears. (Elephant and mouse thing?)

---> Release the Culs and deal with the King of Culs, Quorra and Y’lrang and his Sister. Can all the Culs be saved? Or are some - irreversibly zombie-fied? (sp?)

---> Decide who stays or goes back to Ship. Muckels for sure, Chumley, Adam/Carpet and Dag. Tibbs? Silo?

---> Ernie takes care of Zombies. Does he reveal who he is to CindyMars? Or not? Waits for Neno?

---> Ophi’s. What about the Ophi’s. I don’t believe any of them have names but we do know some ranks from the story line. (Ophi V-Point Commanders, Wing-Drones and Princes).

---> Will the Yydryl head back to the Tower to pick up BIAD, Neno and the rest? Take the Cul’s back to their planet? Fight the Ophi’s? Or is that getting too far ahead???

Think I’ll save this just to have a reference point.

What have I forgotten?

ADDED NOTE: What will and what is and what will happen to the little 'plug nickle' that absorbed all the Mirror 'power'? Will it go with the Splitter? And that thing being alive? (I LOVE THAT ADDITION BIAD).

edit on 1-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join