It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 248
<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

FANTASTIC! (what, no satelite-dish on top?:lol

So now this is it... Tower-Time!

Seriously, that's cool.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

FANTASTIC! (what, no satelite-dish on top?:lol

So now this is it... Tower-Time!

Seriously, that's cool.

A satellite dish at the top would interfere with the focus ring that's going to shoot Evil Rays into the cosmos from the Splitter to create the Big Rip! Instead, the Dark Lord mounted the satellite dish in a nearby treetop, where it wouldn't interfere with the focusing of the Evil Rays. Now he can watch CNN, C-span, and ESPN and keep himself informed as to Earth events!

Here's a photo taken by the satellite installation tech from the treetop location, 10m above the ground in a tree near the base of the tower:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16846071604e.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, I said the above more or less tongue firmly planted in cheek (or DID I?), but I think that, given the time travels involved, it may be a good idea to have gone to Carbiox "before" - before the Big Rip got started by the Dark Lord, back when he was just a Dark Lordling. it seems an easier thing to prevent than to repair. How far "before" is anyone's guess.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've got another post worked up, but it's predicated upon Silo's departure or apparent departure, and I have to wait to see what's going on at the tower that has grabbed everyone's attention before posting it in the story thread. Depending on what's going on, I may have to modify it a bit, but here's the basic post:

-----

Well, I was going to post it, but for some odd reason my posts are back to being limited to 5000 characters, so I can't. It gets cut off in the middle. I'll tinker with this machine and see if it's something on this end.

It's pretty much a conversation between neno and Q, away from the others, but isn't going to happen while everyone is focused on the "happening" at the tower.

edit on 2011/9/14 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Love the Tower. A monstrosity - a gorgeous monstrosity!

So now that Silo's so rudely interrupted the tale of the Towers, we're pretty much right back where we were before she stepped in, and, ready to hear what the two Bogles have to say.

Needless to say Silo will not be leaving... When she's through with her 'shock' she'll be more determined than ever to go ahead. (Though what that means for Adam and Carpet I've no idea)...

Feel free to do whatever you need to do to 'snap her out of it' Neno - so you can go have your talk with Quorra. Shouldn't take more than a sentence or two.

Well, I was going to post it, but for some odd reason my posts are back to being limited to 5000 characters, so I can't

And yes, this really flubbed up my posts also... Bummer...

edit on 14-9-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Will she-won't she...? That is the question.
You laid it out fair and accurate and I'm thinking she may
wait to see the percentages!

The 'lower' part of Tall Town... we gotta have a Fairground in it, I set up
such a place in previous episodes. Maybe a disused one, something ominous
and forgotten -methinks.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So there we are!

The Gunman and Y'lwren's confession and Quorra's joined up on the side of the 'good'...

As for Silo - she's gonna go in. Her 'sisters' (and brothers?) are in there right along with the imprisoned Culs.

Now what?

EDIT TO ADD: And who's got that plug nickle? Neno right? That nickle that's going to 'save the day'???
I hope?

I'll sit back and watch now... Popcorn's ready!
edit on 16-9-2011 by silo13 because: see edit

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

And who's got that plug nickle? Neno right? That nickle that's going to 'save the day'???

Noooooo. You have it M'Lady, you're the one who holds the nickel!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by silo13

And who's got that plug nickle? Neno right? That nickle that's going to 'save the day'???

Noooooo. You have it M'Lady, you're the one who holds the nickel!

Neno gave it ti Silo to pay for grog in the bar, didn't he?

laid a bunch of coinage out on the table, and that's the one she took?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

laid a bunch of coinage out on the table, and that's the one she took?

Yessir... that was the currency for your quaffing!
I'll try to get on with it somemore a.s.a.p

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Will neno be able to retrieve Caliburn? If not, how is he to prepare calamari with flair and panache in the Chambers of the Dark Lord? There's nothing quite like a shiny flashing steel windmill reminiscent of a helicopter rotor for flair and panache when preparing calamari - just as ANY Japanese chef!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Thank you BIAD, I just got through with your posts and see that yes, Silo does have the nickle!!!
(Not that I ever doubted you, just saying I just read it also).

So, I've got a post set up with Chumley, Adam/Carpet and Dag hiding on the 'outside' in the Elron grass...

Just sayin' - I'm still in hopes of a 'The Lady or the Tiger' situation. Let's see if it comes about.
Yet, who would the Lady be? Silo choosing the door knowing the tiger (or course it would be Sslar but that's giving away too much) behind one door and Quorra behind the other? Or better yet Quorra choosing the door and Silo behind one, Sslar behind the other. Yes, that's it!

Would also be interesting to have a set of Roman type 'games.'

I can almost see Neno getting his sword back during a fight! A fight opposite Y'lrang - in a 'Gladiator' type scene, for the King of the Cul's and the Dark Lord's enjoyment? Maybe even Neno against Chumley (if they're 'caught' hiding outside Tall Town)...

Lots running though my head - who knows if any of it will come to pass...

peace
edit on 21-9-2011 by silo13 because:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I do hope I haven't ruined anyone's scribblings, the yearning just came
upon me and I couldn't escape!

Hope you like it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Absolutely loved the posts... It's really pretty damn exciting when it's all coming together like this.

From here? I've got no idea how to help out here so I'm going to have to take some time to think about this one - or - I'll stick to writing something to the Chumley Bunch part of the story line - let's see what 'they' say.

The Splitter. I'm pretty psyched to see how it all pans out with the Dark Lord and such. No rush though! The process is fascinating!

Have a great Sunday!

PS - That, or, if you can give me a Reader's Digest Cliff Notes cheat sheet couple a lines on what this Splitter will do to help combat the Big Riff?

Nawwwwwwwww, I'll wait and read it in the story!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It's quite tricky thinking up the games and contests, but we're nearly
at the end of the competition... let's hope The Splitter is still hidden!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

The games and all sounds fun to deal with. It's the Splitter that I've no clue about.
Let me know please if you've got something set for the "Jasmine' room yet - if not we might take a little detour first.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have a few ideas about The Jasmine Quest and then one more... the detour would
be welcome break.

What would it be?

Edit: They're in Jasmine's Quest' RIGHT NOW!
edit on 26-9-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

EDIT - I should have checked the story line first!

I'll wait to see how it goes with you and Jaz and then we'll see!

edit on 26-9-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Ok, there ya go, the House a Mirrors.

One more post to get it done up right.

Give me a bit, I hope by the end of the day and I should have it cleared up for you two to go ahead.

Anything you'd like to see in the post let me know.

peace

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
BIAD, I like the way you've worked in the "Light Warriors" patrolling the abandoned fairgrounds!

I can't even begin to tell you how utterly disturbing the picture of BIAD doing cartwheels in a miniskirt is, though...

new topics

top topics

<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join