It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 252
<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Musing...

I've been reading the posts where the Buzzards were introduced, and the surrounding posts, and have been stricken by a thought (it happens occasionally - I don't see them coming, and the thoughts sneak right up behind me and WHACK! one strikes me), The "timeline" we return to will have to be one that had no neno at all in it before. Here's why: we get the Big Rip stopped, The Buzzards never go on the rampage. There is never a Battle of the Buzzards at the Yydryl/Penelope rendezvous point. Silo, Swarg and Carpet never make little neno.

He never existed there.

Now THAT'S a man with no past! Since he never existed, then neither does Lt. James, his son. Neno is going to be the lonliest man in the universe, after he went to all that trouble to save the blasted thing! No past, no family, no nothing. Since he has no past there, he has no friends, or even acquaintances. No one can remember a man who never was. He'll have no "military file", no career, No Starwolf, either. The ship may exist, since it wasn't destroyed in the battle, but it won't be his, because he never was to own it. No home. He'll have the legend of the Neo who saved the universe, but can't do anything with it. Who'd believe that it was him? They'd lock him up for nutty!

I bet with a couple of days and a few beers, I can figure out a way around all that... I'm already germinating another idea Who's to say which timeline that the child neno went to? It wouldn't have to be the same one where he was conceived... somewhere between the cabin and the forest, he and the Rootak couple may have jumped lines... I'm working, I'm working... infinite timelines means there must be one where the right conditions exist...

Also, are we going to need Muckles special brand of crusty magic at the final showdown? Tibbs? THEY are the ones who know that book, you know... neno's just there for the seafood chef training! So then, she may have to come back after stashing the splitter, and informing ErnieBen of the looming battle and neno's existence, and tow ErnieBen along with her. How is she going to know ErnieBen knows neno in order to tell him? magic? "Accidental" mention of some identifying episode or feature?

I'll work on the ErnieBen the Zombie Killer post, Mull it over, see what pops out.

The Ophis on the way to get the splitter, I dunno - we'll think of something!

I'm going to go do a patrol and ruminate on these things a bit...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

He never existed there.

Yeah, I've heard of a guy - who by the way has influenced the whole world who, lol, they say 'never existed' either.

Just sayin... *Wink*

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Also, are we going to need Muckles special brand of crusty magic at the final showdown?

I would think so yes - absolutely. I guess that means Silo might have to - should - go back (with the Splitter) - unless Muckles will trust Chumley with the Splitter - which I doubt.

Well, I guess that changes things but not for the worst! Silo will be glad to get back - but miss the fight and confrontation with the Dark Lord.
(I really hope we figure out how to contain him)...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well, we could send Muckles and company back with the splitter, she stashes it, runs into ErnieBen smokin' on a pile of zombies, and says "what the hell?" to which ErineBen replies "it's zombies. I like killin' 'em - it relaxes me", and Muclkles says "Really now? I know this other guy that's like that..."

Then they both come back to Carbiox for the grand finale and class reunion...

Just a thought...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Re: BIAD's posts

The Last Sentinel always enjoyed the acting abilities of the main character.

How odd. I've just picked up the movie "The Last Sentinel", but haven't watched it yet. Maybe a project for the daylight hours today if I can't get to sleep... and for some odd reason, it seems a bit more pressing now that I be familiar with it!

Quazi-Caller - is that pronounce "kwaz-eye" or "kway-zee"? I can think of a tie-in for Silly-String Theory if it's the right one...

Seriously now - good job you two! The posts make the wheels in my mind turn now.... and they need oiling!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

...How odd. I've just picked up the movie "The Last Sentinel", but haven't watched it yet.
Maybe a project for the daylight hours today if I can't get to sleep... and for some odd reason,
it seems a bit more pressing now that I be familiar with it!

Oh heck, the atmosphere must be clear again and BIAD is picking them-damned signals once
more!

I hope I ain't racing too-far ahead, but I thought some story of the' opponents' will need padding out.
Caspak could be 'turned'? He seems the smartest of the bunch and seems to want nothing
more than dabbling through his books... just a thought.

After reading the curious quote about the movie you obtained, I have an overwhelming wish
to stand to attention with a Mystic's turban on my head, place a sealed envelope to my
brow and with closed eyes, call out "...and the winner is...?!"

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Well, we could send Muckles and company back with the splitter, she stashes it, runs into ErnieBen smokin' on a pile of zombies, and says "what the hell?" to which ErineBen replies "it's zombies. I like killin' 'em - it relaxes me", and Muclkles says "Really now? I know this other guy that's like that..."

Then they both come back to Carbiox for the grand finale and class reunion... Just a thought...

Very cool. So, it's off to the Yydryl for Silo/Chumley, Adam/Carpet/Dag/Muckles and then get them back again. Will Tibbs go also or will the lovers be split for a moment in time? Poor things.

Then of course Ernie/Ben will make it known he wishes to return for more Zombies! COOL!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

The Last Sentinel... Looks like I'll have to be taking a peek online and see what I can find.

As for more? PAD AWAY!
I's be interested to hear more about that Caspak!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

(Gulp!) Now I've done it... I presumed the zombies belonged to The Dark Lord
and the Yydryl was a side-goal of his. But it now seems that he's found a use
for it... as a live battery!

What can we do?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

How cool would that be, to "turn" one of the Buzzards, and have a doubled-agent inside the enemy camp? Have to wonder how fast neno would warm up to the idea... he seems to have a strong... dislike... for the Opis... politics sometimes makes strange bedfellows, eh?
@ neno!

I was actually looking for the TV series "The Sentinel" when I found that movie, and know nothing about it beyond the fact that it's science fiction, which I have a weakness for. That TV series, which I didn't find, seems to be the story of my life!

I think a storm over the North Atlantic must have assisted in propagation of the brain waves - you know, all that moisture in the air, and the way that water interacts with electricity... I'm full of theories lately, and have no idea how long it will take for this "smart pill" that Dr, Evil gave me to wear off...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'd say neno would insist that Tibbs stay - can't have ALL of the magicians in a single pod, where one shot could get them BOTH! Besides, what if he needs some arcane answer from the book while Muckles is off on her errand?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by silo13

What can we do?

The Yydryl zombies can belong to the Dark lord as well - we might be able to call him "the zombie master". Silo has alluded to their connection to the Dark Lord before, when they were forming in the cocoon, being fed by that miscreant little rodent, and attended to by the shape-shifter.

Here's a potential connection: we could presume that the Dark Lord has his own majii, soothsayers, or whatever, who know the legend of the Neo, which he took to heart, initiating a search for the infant neno... which would of course eventually lead him to the Yydryl, as the home plate of Silo.

Cue a flurry of zombie building.

This ain't an edit - I read up in mid-post, since something was tickling my brain. I see now that the turncoat is a Squid, rather than a Buzzard. Works for me. The zombie horde on the Yydryl seems now to have a dual purpose of sopping the birth of the Neo (too late!
) and hijacking Yydryl and bringing her to the tower, rather than Muckles going to her - but I'm sure Yydryl herself isn't going to like that notion, and between Yydryl and ErnieBen, the zombies ain't got a prayer!

However, by bringing Yydryl to us, that means she will share the same timeline and memories as we have, which could be a definite plus.

Whaddaya think, Silo?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Very cool! That so nicely ties together the reason why he had cocoons = zombies on the Yydryl. And I love the new threat to the Yydryl - very very cool that.

Now, he was using Deez to contact/stay in touch with the Yydryl. How will he now I don't know - I wouldn't doubt that he 'allows' the others to get away in the Sprint in order to follow their 'energy path' (I don't quite understand that but it's been used before in the story line making me suppose it's some kind of trail).

Loved the posts.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

However, by bringing Yydryl to us, that means she will share the same timeline and memories as we have, which could be a definite plus.

Whaddaya think, Silo?

Well Dag is determined to get Adam back to the Yydryl fat as possible. Once there I see no way that they wouldn't return to get Neno/BIAD and the rest. Kill two birds with one stone even though it will mean putting the Yydryl at risk, but, no one knows that yet soooo.... Yeah, great stuff.

I've got a post ready (almost) to set up the Adam gang to go back. I'll leave Tibbs there. I dunno if he'll decide to go and try and find you or if he'll stick to his tree and wait like Neno told him to do???

Oh, and Muckles needs to go as the Yydryl is still not 'healed' and I don't see Ernie/Ben being able to do that.

What I do see is poor old Tibbs getting awful jealous! LOL I have a feeling Muckles is going to fall in lust with Ernie/Ben.

Oh oh oh oh!!! Is there a chance they KNOW one another???? :O :O :O

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I've no idea what kind of potion Muckles has hidden under that poncho to give the Sprint the burst a energy it'll need to break away - But - I believe what will happen - or should (?) is the Dark Lord will try (and fail) to contact Deez (who's dead) and at the same time be alerted the Sprint is trying to leave orbit. He'll let the Sprint go knowing it's headed for the Yydryl. That would make sense though I'm not sure if I can write it as I don't have the Dark Lord and the throne room and all in my head.

Question. I've done a little searching around but haven't found it. Do either of you know what the tip of a tentacle is called? I need a name for Chumley's 'hand' - that last foot or so of his tentacle.

Good Sunday at you two!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That would do it... Adam get's repaired and unknown to our troope, they are
being tracked or followed.

Tentacle tip... Palp? Thumb? Barb? Vibrissa? Green bit that Chumley eats with?

(Couldn't resist this one below... from the up-and-coming movie)
I guess your contracts will be with you by now, nuh?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Absolutely love the pic! Can I 'take' it? I want to keep it on my desktop.

Yeah, the whole idea of using the Yydryl - wow - with Neno's piece of earth in it - FABULOUS twist! I can't get over it - that's just great stuff all together.

Oh, when you get a chance do you mind skimming back through the pics of the Ophi? (last page or so here i believe)... When you do would you stick a name to them so I can 'see' the ones you're writing about? I think I know the one you chose for 'hawk face' but I'd still appreciate you naming them.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

All yours Ma'am!

I'll take look at the Ophi-Buzzards... (if I dare!) and I was thinking
there may be ANOTHER
back-plot with Ophi looking on The Dark
Lord as just a means-to-an-end.
It makes the whole thing broody!

edit on 2-10-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

lol @ broody.
You're right. I to get the distinct feeling those Ophi are up to something above and beyond the Dark Lord and his messy business. They must have a real disdain for the Dark Lord from purely a cosmetic stance right down to pure disdain of his Squidness.

It'll be interesting to see what their real purpose is.

OH, and my desktop looks rather fitting now!
Thank you!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Question. I've done a little searching around but haven't found it. Do either of you know what the tip of a tentacle is called? I need a name for Chumley's 'hand' - that last foot or so of his tentacle.

I've never really thought of it... "extremity" maybe? "Distal portion"? I really don't know...

new topics

top topics

<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join