It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 250
<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

You know, the thought occurs to me that these "amusements" could potentially really be a gauge for the Dark Lord to measure out just what he's up against with the intruders here... recon by fire, probe to discover strengths and weaknesses...

Yeah that's the feeling I'm getting - the 'know your enemies' better than your friends kind'a thing going on.

There's got to be something in these quests/trials that he's missing though.

We've got BIAD and Death - who knows what the Dark Dude knows about them. (I can't help but wonder just what Death would do to or WITH the Dark Lord though) *shudders*

---> Then again maybe that's it right there - The Dark Lord is TERRIFIED of death - like so many other bullies...

And there's Silo's knives like you said.

Hmmm, hopefull in the Corn Circle we'll find something else the 'man behind the curtain' (so to speak) will not get to know instead of knowing. If that makes sense, lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I haven't been to the story yet - maybe it's already there - but:

So the Corn Circle could be a game of chance where Neno's prowess with the gun
will be called on. What do you guys think?

Sounds great!

And the 'One who went before' in Ernie sounds pretty cool. Considering the town where he lived never accepted him, he was righteous in a off kind of way. Sure, it can fit - like a glove actually. Makes sense he's taking the 'trip' to the Yydryl so well and CindyMars can't quite figure him out.

QUESTION: Do we need this Ben character to help with the Splitter/Dark Rift?

Have a good one - and thanks!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Little bit of freakyness (and fun) to toss out.

A week or more ago I started an update to the CindyMars/Ernie sideline, a keeping up with the zombies kind of thing. I just now went back and opened it for the first time since the rough draft began. I can't help but get a kick out of it now - especially after all the 'Jack Elam' talk from you two before.

‘Ok. Here’s the scoop,’ CindyMars slurred, chin resting on her palms her fingers cupped around her head ready to press against her ears. ‘We gots ta do somepin' about dem tings out dere.‘ She stated the obvious wondering why her tongue was going one way when she wanted it to go another. Closing one eye with a drunk’s exaggeration Cindy counted two empty Carbiox whiskey bottles between her and her handyman who gave her a naughty one eyed stare right back.

Zombies forgotten CindyMars tucked in her chin, scowled, and shook her head. ‘Ernie,’ she sighed sobering a bit, ‘just what in the hell ya doin'?’

‘Given’ ya the ol' one stare eye right back there Mam.‘ He rasp his voice like the gravel on a country road, ‘I thought maybe it was some kind’e ritual or somethin’ ‘mportant like.’ He winked and sat up straight a grin hidden behind his mouse nest of a beard.

So maybe this guy is Ben after all. OR maybe he knew Ben?

Whether it works out he is, or is not, either way it's fun to see the character know what he is all about even before we discussed it.

We shall see...

edit on 29-9-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Oh golly-gosh! I went and done it!
(Gulp) I hope it doesn't seem too far-fetched, but they have the
Splitter in their sight!

Is it okay?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'm only part-way through it (been busy scrappin'), but this struck me as funny:

Silo cleared her throat and reached for the GunMan's hand, "let's get it done, my son"
she said and then hurriedly at the tall Vandal's puzzled expression "... er, I mean my
man.. my hero" and showed an embarrassed smile.

He knows she knows, and she knows he knows, but no one knows just what or how much of what anyone else knows, and doesn't want to tip the cart, you know?

That just strikes me as awkward between the two of them, and therefore funny as can be!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Good job! We're half-way there, coming down the home stretch! Got the splitter in their sights, now to get it in their hands - and keep it away from the Dark Lord as we go to meet HIS doom!

I'm torn between keeping it with us, which would keep it in our sight at all times, but could potentially give it to the Dark Lord if we fail in the tower, and burying it out in the woods, which would keep it out of the potential danger zone of the tower,. but would leave it vulnerable to theft whether we failed or not,

Decisions, decisions.....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I second that! Great job!

Question time - to do with Neno's 'decisions'...

Help me here... If I got it right - we'll need the Splitter in the Tower - (what Neno was saying about the way the Tower is set up as a 'ray gun' type thing?)

OR

Do we need the Splitter away from the Tower? For the Big Rift? (Showing my ignorance here of that whole thing which I fess up to constantly)...

Thanks

edit on 30-9-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

They way I had it set there, the "splitter" generates whatever it is that causes the Big Rift, and the tower acts as an amplifier for that, and projects that power, or frequency, or whatever it is, out into space, where it starts up the rift. If that's the way we take it, we need to NOT put the splitter into a position where the tower can amplify it and start it to splitting the universe.

It is a key component, and without it the Dark Lord can't tune the tower to start up the Big Rift. I say "start" because as I understand it, we have gone back in time, to a time before the Big Rip, in an effort to prevent it's occurrence, rather than try to repair the damage already done in our own time. that will have temporal consequences if we are successful - the Big Rip will not have occurred, so the Ophiuchi Buzzards will not have gone on the rampage for new territory in order to try to escape it, which means the Buzzard battle will have never happened, Earth will have never been destroyed, and Bransom will have never become President.

Neno's history will have been different, since a large part of his mercenary efforts in this time line were against the Buzzards, such as the Black Rock fiasco that occurred directly prior to his shipwreck on Khalamzadar. It's entirely possible that he was shipwrecked there after some other battle, though, so that may not have changed. Different battles, perhaps, but the same line of work. Hired killers are a dime a dozen, and always in demand. Unfortunately for neno, he won't know that, since the history he carries with him now is the history he will recall when he gets back. He will have to research and re-learn who he is in the new, changed time line.

The legend of the Neo may still be in place, but how will anyone know that it's more than just a legend, or that neno IS the Neo? They won't of course. he'll just be another grunt soldier, and no one will know other than the ones who were there, and if they ever tell, no one will believe them.

The meeting with the Yydryl will not have changed, since it occurred independent of, and prior to, the destruction of Earth and the UEF. Events AFTER that destruction will be different - i.e. Bransom will still be a bit player in the UEF, and will not have the position of power she holds at the moment. Pretty good motivation for her to ally herself with the Dark Lord, eh?

The Battle of the Buzzards where the Starwolf got destroyed will never have happened. The way we all got thrown together will be different in the new time line, but it will have to be accounted for, since we ARE all together. I'm working on an idea for that.

Now, if we take the Splitter with us, we'll be able to keep an eye on it at all times. but it'll be right there for the Dark Lord to snag. If we bury it in the forest, he'll have to hunt it down, but it won't be where we can watch it to make sure he doesn't get his grubby little tentacles on it.

Decisions, decisions...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I agree... and there may be a way to sort it AND to add intrigue to the yarn.

It's to do with the 'Bat-like' images on the Corn Circle... and we know that Muckles
has the supposed power of flight. Couldn't she come to the rescue?

What do you think?#

Edit: IF the time-lines straighten out and one hand, what you've said about Neno
not being the guy he is now -and on the other, two lives follow different lines then
can Neno pass over to the 'normal' one and be himself BEFORE the rift.

The question is... will he have the opportunity and will he want to?!
Will their be TWO NENOS occupying the same space?
Which one is truly you?!!

edit on 30-9-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Neno - thank you - It's all coming clearer about the Tower and the Splitter.
As for the rest?
I'll keep rereading it and someday it will make sense to my poor wee brain. It's nto your writing skills and explanatory skills, it's just reading about what might have been is not but could be maybe is like feeding my brain beans. *brain farts*

BIAD - I'm wondering if the 'bat like things' you have there might be some of these guys:

The Battle of the Buzzards where the Starwolf got destroyed will never have happened.

I can't imagine the Ophi's will ever be satisfied without the Splitter and will not want any of the past changed. So, it seems we should have some Ophi's dropping in just about any time now? It would be strange if we did not...

More decisions...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

They will do!
Right there... right there are the creatures that the Wheel is about and
the Splitter must be protected and taken away from the Tower a.s.a.p!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I agree... and there may be a way to sort it AND to add intrigue to the yarn.

It's to do with the 'Bat-like' images on the Corn Circle... and we know that Muckles
has the supposed power of flight. Couldn't she come to the rescue?

What do you think?#

Do you mean to somehow have Muckles become the Guardian of the Splitter, and perhaps fly it away to a safe place?

Edit: IF the time-lines straighten out and on hand, what you've said about Neno
not being the guy he is now -and on the other, two lives follow different tasks then
can Neno pass over to the 'normal' one and be himself BEFORE the rift.

The question is... will he have the opportunity and will he want to?!

Neno will be the same person, but the things he remembers of his life will have, for the most part, never happened in just that same way, The "foundling" issue clears itself up - he just came from "nowhere", and that wouldn't have to change, nor would his parentage. Think of it in a "Titoresque" manner - two different "time lines". The original would still exist somewhere, some when - up until the Big Rip that was already in progress on it, (from not having been stopped before it started) snuffs out that time line. neno, OUR neno, as well as all of us, had our beginnings there, but "jumped the lines" to the NEW timeline by stopping the Big Rip. After stopping it, we would necessarily have to go to a time line where it never happened - because it got stopped. WE stopped it, so we have to then follow THAT destiny. Problem is, we "started" on another time line, and already have the memories of who we were THERE. Going to the new time line, our individual histories would be slightly different there, but our MEMORIES would be the same ones we always had.

No telling what happens to the "us" that we bump out of that time line in order to exist there. I've not thought that out yet, and there may not be enough liquor on the planet for me to reach a resolution to it
One notion is that every time we "jump the timelines", ALL of the various "we's"on the affected timelines have to jump somewhere to another one, too. it may sound heartless, but that ain't our lookout - we'll never meet them or know where they went any how.. We do, however, have to research and know THEIR histories in THAT time line, in order to not make silly mistakes in conversation that could get us locked into a looney bin - or at least looked at askance.

There's potential for hilarity until we get that figured out...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Idea is coming...

Them things in the pictures are the Opi Bizzards. That means them things on the wheel are ALSO Opi Buzzards, and so they must figure into the finale in some way. THEY are the reason we discovered the Big Rip in the first place, when they started fleeing from it and blowing our UEF planets up and such.

We live in a more "resource rich" area of the galaxy than the one they come from (according to the maps - they live in a region of space where the stars are more sparse), so after finding that out, they may just not want to give that up - maybe as bad as WE want to save the Earth, and the rest of the universe.

On top of that, Bransom has a vested interest in the destruction of Earth, since without that, she never ascends to the presidency of the UEF.

I see an alliance forming between the Dark Lord, Bransom, and the Ophiuchi Buzzards, among THEM, and against US.... naturally, they all want the Rift to happen, just as bad as we want it NOT to happen...

In the words of Connor McLeod, the Immortal Highlander - "There can be only ONE" winning side in that epic battle.

Of course, Death can always step in at the last minute, or maybe Ernie/Ben, if he's all that powerful, and zap 'em all to the time time line where the Big Rip is going to end the that time line (and the universe associated with it) just before that time line blinks out in the grand finale of the Big Rip...

So many different possibilities... I'm just brain-storming here... or maybe it's only a brain-drizzle...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

The way I see it... (and I've asked BIAD, but he just giggles in the corner!)... is that
time lines are just that and somewhere right now, you, Silo and myself are doing what
we would do if cetain 'interactions' hadn't taken place.

Nenothtu would be commanding an army somewhere, sitting with Generals and tugging
at his tight shirt-collar. Silo would be racing across town for that Gallery display that the
middle-aged woman promised at the other night's cocktail party and this writer would...
well, we'll never know will we?!

But that is our 'other' Nenos/Silos/BIADs... not the folk who are cast upon a strange
planet with strangers in a story devised by a Moderator!
The main question is, if an opening appeared where you could step into and take up
the reins of that life... would you?
Is that the path you were supposed to take?

Gin-and-tonic time -methinks!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Sorry I missed the above posting.

...and perhaps fly it away to a safe place?

Yes, I think she could take that part and possibly be mobbed by the odd-Ophi buzzard
that could have come through during The Dark Lord's experiments.

My way-of thinking about timelines is, what happens to you... the actual you, the one
that is here right now?!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I've not read the updates here yet but I want to add this link here so we don't loose it.

Here's where Neno begins talking about the Ophis.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

On another thought.
If we went back and saw Nenothtu and his son playing in the grass -near the river with his
wife looking on from a picnic table full of goodies.
What would we do?
They say there two organs that can't pass through time... your brain and your heart.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Would it apply to hide the Splitter/Corn Circle in Ship's Center?

Muckles must know the 'Light Beings' that are there - could turn it over to them or some such? If Muckles did it - without telling any of us - wouldn't that be a kicker? Hiding it in plane sight thing?

Added note: The Light Beings have no history in the story. They're something CindyMars found once in Ship's center yet there's only a picture in the story line and loose ends never tied up. All we know if they float around in Ship's Center so there’s no back-reading to do either... Just an idea.

Now about Ernie/Ben.

I'd sure like a reason to get Adam/Carpet and Dag back to Ship. They can take the Sprint if Chumley can get them back to it. And, if we get them back that would give Ernie/Ben a means to get back to Tall Town...

What if we give Ernie full reign to take care of all the Zombies? I've already started that post where CindyMars is feeling drunk. Ernie/Ben induced of course. I don't see why she couldn't nod off while Ernie/Ben goes and flips those zombies like so many pancakes? When done - it leaves Ship open to taking back Adam/Carpet and Dag, and when he hears the tales mentioning Neno - wouldn't he want to jump right on that little Sprint and fly right back?

I'd be more than willing to write finish the segue way of CindyMars falling off and leave the fighting of the zombies up to you two.

????

What's you think?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

There be may a time in the story where The Yydryl is available to Silo, Chumley, Carpet and Adam.
That time may already have a Silo, Chumley, Carpet and Adam... so what does one do?

Let's say that 'our' Silo13 needs the Yydryl to exist in, the logic would say that our beautiful
knife-wielder would die... would 'blink' out, but what if she doesn't?
What if a way around it is discovered? Then Silo... our Silo could (if she wishes not to distrupt
her 'others' timeline) on her merry way and find new adventures.

But wouldn't the discovery-part be just blind luck? Wouldn't it just be fitting parts in the tale
to continue? Wouldn't it be the actions of a merciful writer... or better yet a CREATOR?!!!

Who knows what path we are on! (soft-sinister music injected here)
edit on 30-9-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The 'Ernie-To-The-Rescue' yarn would be great, please-please give it a go.

...Hiding it in plane sight thing?

It worked in the Fairground for many years!

new topics

top topics

<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join