It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 249
<< 246  247  248    250  251  252 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
A baccy-chewin' Bogle! Tough li'l fella, too - he's enjoying it way too much, not spitting, and not turning green!

At the mention of "Meeras", I first envisioned something big, wicked, black, hairy, toothsome, and possibly bat-winged that was gonna EAT us!

Not much I can add in this segment, not being overly familiar with amusement parks, but I'm lovin' reading it! I've been contemplating writing up an interlude, fleshing out neno's background and his formative years in the Vandalian woods as a teenager, but don't know rightly where to put it. maybe Luder's background thread, or maybe start a new thread for the narrative interludes, like he did for the Cap'n's ancestor during the Energy Wars.

I dunno....

edit on 2011/9/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

We'll need the Splitter -at the worst, an indication where it is,I think we've
'dallied' too long in the Fairground and need to be off.
Ideally, if there's some way we can use the 'Test Your Strength' apparatus
to fire us so-far up the Tower -That would help!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

BIAD, I like the way you've worked in the "Light Warriors" patrolling the abandoned fairgrounds!

I'm certain I have no idea what you're referring too!

Alot of BIAD's athletic twists was done with CGI... it was a buget-call, but seeing the REAL
attempts persuaded the Director of this movie (we hope!) that 'fake' was best.

EDIT: How I'd love to have one of those laughing dummies in a glass-case involved somehow.
Maybe that could be dropped in somehow and sets up your 'Teen-Years' memories?
edit on 27-9-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There ya go - done for now.

I've got to be away from the computer tomorrow so - have at it and have fun!

And BIAD - I loved the pictures! Especially the little doll ones! Too funny!

edit on 27-9-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well don't be away too long... that is an order M'Lady!

Cheers and I truly enjoyed that Mirror episode.

The next one is for Neno... a spinning wheel that'll take all
of the Big Guy's pistol prowess!
edit on 27-9-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

EWWWWW Silo was in the presence of the Dark Lord! How creepy was that! Very cool.

So I'm up early - and now - am at a pause with the computer for the rest of the day - but - I got a little squeaker out before going.

Can't wait to see what's up next!

Have a good one!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You're one-bad hombre, nuh?!
I had no idea this-Taggart Family burned down the 'Old' Emporium... heck, they got
what they deserved. Some damn-fine fishing lures sold by Big Jim and his wife.

Does Ben come to your aid later...? I see a 'Alec Guinness-Obe 1' -style words of
caution on the horizon!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I had no idea this-Taggart Family burned down the 'Old' Emporium... heck, they got
what they deserved. Some damn-fine fishing lures sold by Big Jim and his wife.

That, it seems, is what made neno the bitter, dangerous old fart he is! Something about wiping out a man's whole family that will upset him a bit, and may come back to ruin YOUR whole day! It wasn't so much his ability to stalk through The woods and macGuyver out a ray-gun from two rocks and a pop-bottle cap that made him "dangerous" as it was the attitude developed in a hell of a hurry in the wake of the destruction of his whole family, his home, and the disappearance of his friend at the hands of the Taggart Clan.

Being "dangerous" isn't simple ability and aptitude as much as it is ATTITUDE, All the technical aptitude in the world won't make a man "dangerous" if his heart ain't in it.

NOW the Dark Lord has caused the destruction of neno's entire PLANET, so it ain't looking good for the Dark Lord. Just ask a Taggart.

If you can find one.

Does Ben come to your aid later...? I see a 'Alec Guinness-Obe 1' -style words of
caution on the horizon!

That's a possibility, which is why I built in the "disappearance" rather than finding Ben's corpse among the rest. Have to figure out how he'd get off Earth before it's destruction, though. Rather than an "Alec Guiness", though, in my mind's eye Ben's character would be played by that old beardy, gravelly-voiced, wall-eyed character in the old westerns whose name escapes me at the moment. Not Victor French, although he'd do, but another similar guy from older westerns. He had crazier eyes than Mr. French - eyes that seemed to be looking in two different directions at the same time. I'll think of his name before long....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Yes I agree -and I've had some of my top guys going over it,
Neno IS a bitter, dangerous old fart!

Seriously, the 'Ben' character may well become a much-needed
'get-out' card to play in the future... we'll see.

Oh...! and the guy to play him...?
You weren't think of this chap, were you?
Jack Elam.

One my late-Pa's favourite actors.
Now onto The 'spinning' Corn Circle.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Here‘s something you can think on Neno.

That's a possibility, which is why I built in the "disappearance" rather than finding Ben's corpse among the rest. Have to figure out how he'd get off Earth before it's destruction, though.

In the secondary CindyMars and Ernie story line:

‘Ya don’t need to take me anywhere’s Miss Mars,’ Ernie spoke, ’I‘m on ma feet and my gall is settling. Takes more than a little teleportation'en to keep me down’ Ernie panted still bent over but walked his hands up his thighs and pushed off to stand erect.

‘Teleportation-en?‘ Cindy tried to sound naive even though she hadn’t figured out what to tell her handyman yet.

Ernie winked one hazel eye behind his thick glasses his felt hat cocked to one side giving him an almost rakish air. “Nowww come on Ms. Mars, besides teleportan’en making my guts feel like road kill? I’ve always wanted to try it. I read every one of them books a yours ya see? Every one and most three times over.’ Ernie winked again and pushed his glasses up his nose.

(Then)

‘But how’d you know?‘ Cindymars marveled at her handyman's insight.

‘That’s easy Ms. Mars,‘ Ernie chuckled, ‘Cause not even you got that good a ‘magination.’ He answered honestly and added when Cindy frowned, ‘No insult intended. You’re a mighty fine storyteller but Serendipity was like reading history, not some made up tale.’

‘No insult taken Ernie.’ Cindy frowned not knowing why she felt so unsettled about his revelation but hoped she‘d remember to think on it later.

Could be ‘Ernie’ isn’t all he’s cracked up to be? Or, rather, he’s MORE... Could it be he might be your Ben? His physical description sure fits and I don’t know where the accent came at the time, but, sounds right too. :O

Anyway, I don’t want to get distracted from the Splitter but I did want to raise Ernie’s flag and wave it around a bit.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Please, let's hope against all that's holy the Corn Circle does NOT include this video I found of President Bransom.
Then again maybe it will... EEEK!!!

Get that gun ready Neno! BIAD said you'd be 'rockin' and rollin'...

Here's the 'rock' shoot those ROLLS!

*runs and hides*

All joking aside I hope we do get to see Bransom in all of this especially since it's been discovered she's been on the take from the Dark Lord.

Oh Neno would like that I bet!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Yeah, that's him! Jack Elam! The name came to me just as I was drifting off to sleep (thank God it was just the name, and not those crazy eyes, or I'd have bolted straight awake again!) as stuff often does, but I dinna get back up and throw it into the electronic waves- or I'd have been stuck at ATS again, unable to force myself away...

Just imagine Jack Elam with longer hair (ain't no barbers out in the green, are there?) and a classic "Mad Jack" outfit from Grizzly Adams, and you've got a photo of Old Ben! A maniacal laugh (ala Old Ben Gunn) probably wouldn't hurt...

edit on 2011/9/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That's a distinct possibility! One wonders then not only WHO or WHAT OldBen/Ernie is, but WHY he's involved in the story, and what it is he's "directing" with his looking out for the characters...

Does GOD look like Jack Elam? I mean the real one, not the legendary Neo one...
Funny, I thought he always looked like George Burns or Morgan Freeman, but ya just never know...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

HOLY MOTHER OF THE NEO!

I didn't need to see that right after waking up! At least I hadn't eaten yet - the "rollin' " might've made me seasick!

And in muh woods, too... maybe there really AIN'T no God!

That's one of those things that, once seen can never be UN-seen. It's stuck in my head, an' won't go 'way!

Maybe I ought to stop playing it over and over again...

I gotta git - I think Mike Baker (President of Diligence, LLC and former CIA Operative) just said my "trigger word" on National TV, and I suddenly have this urge to start tracking down a "Judy" of some sort...

ETA: OH NO! Nononononononono! That "YouTube" link on the video... it was just sitting there, staring at me... I had to click it... some demon momentarily possessed me or something... she has hundreds, maybe thousands or millions, of those videos... or maybe 16 just SEEMS like hundreds, thousands, or millions.... I can't make it STOP now! When I get up from this computer, I'm going straight to the kitchen and find a fork... for my EYES, y'know?

It IS Bransom! She's found us! She has MIND CONTROL now!

edit on 2011/9/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Love the "Corn Circle" picture! I see a "Green man" in the background, and about 3 corn husk dolls. Those things are spooky. I knew an old witch woman up in the mountains who used to build those corn husk dolls when she was "workin' the roots". She used sticks to make little geegaws too, but the dolls were always kinda creepy - worked along the same lines as a voodoo doll. I reckon they must've worked - now my kids get creeped out by ANY doll!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ages ago when I was working in another town but still trying to keep my farm going I had a problem with people stealing my fruit and veggies while I was gone. Soooo knowing the superstitious nature of the people I made my own 'corn dolls'... I nicknamed them 'voodoo' dolls and used the ripe produce-of-the-day to make them.
No one ever stole from me while they 'guarded' the property.
Ever.

Here's one...

Problems with this? This is antique Sicily. I'm sure you can imagine what people think of me now - words like 'witch' ring a bell? Oh yeah.

My point though... No matter how big - or small - I find 'beings' can be ruled by their superstitions.

Why not the Dark Lord. There has to be something that he's vulnerable to. Something simple. Something that causes him to cringe - like stepping on a crack, whatever... Just something to keep in mind...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I was trying to give the idea of pawns on a big board... a plan of destiny.
The 'Ben' character would be great to introduce as 'One--Who'd-Gone-Before'...
a John The Baptist-type!!

I suppose the question would be when?

So the Corn Circle could be a game of chance where Neno's prowess with the gun
will be called on. What do you guys think?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

GOOD GOSH -GIRL! I've seen those guys running around on
You Tube videos!

Edit: That might be a good idea, a comcern of Silo's power over the Ship?
He can and as handled Mucklebones and I guess he may have known of
Tibbs. BIAD doesn't really count -as he tends to not to give off any idea of
power.
Neno on the other hand... (red-nailed or not!)... is an unknown quantity and
dangerous to boot. The Dark Lord may be trying to get around him by using
Silo.
I would really want to give this guy to Death after all this!
(Oh, and great writing my green-fingered friend!)
edit on 28-9-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I like that! A potential for finding a chink in the armor of the Dark lord, an exploitable weakness that will be his doom...

Hey! maybe neno has a mouse in his pocket?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You know, the thought occurs to me that these "amusements" could potentially really be a gauge for the Dark Lord to measure out just what he's up against with the intruders here... recon by fire, probe to discover strengths and weaknesses... So then, in the Corn Circle, he finds that neno is a pretty fair shot, and assumes that is the form of attack he will use, since that's where his strength appears to lie.... and is caught completely unprepared for the Caliburn, because he doesn't see the Calburn sword any where around neno at the moment to make the association...

He presumes, from BIAD's "calisthentics", that BIAD is....erm... "limber"... and has prehensile hair, but there was nothing to prepare him for the old "slice-n-dice" that BIAD's wig can do....

He thinks Silo's weakness is her emotional attachments, as exhibited by the pre-Silos in the House O' Mirras, and so is currently trying to work on her new-found emotional attachment to her newly recognized son, neno... he hasn't a clue as to her knife prowess, since she is the one that got cut-up, and never demonstrated it in there... and may underestimate a mother's instincts when her child is in danger...

The commonality here is the potential for the Dark Lord to get ALL cut up, without being at all prepared for it.

Anybody have a pot of oil to deep fry the Calamari?

A pot of salt water to boil it?

heh, heh, heh.....

new topics

top topics

<< 246  247  248    250  251  252 >>

join