It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

We have beer! I will get you drunk, oh wait Cim will get you drunk and take advantage of you. She is a tall blond at the moment unless you preffer blue? I will post tomorrow.

PS: I cant believe none of you thought my made up names were funny but badgerbutt, he spit his soda.

PSS: I like buzzards!

[edit on 15-10-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Don't get me wrong, I thought those names were funny. Matter of fact, it still hurts. I was afeared that if we used something like "the Ohmyassitches" as THE name for the menace on a regular basis, we might get [CENSORED] stamped across our foreheads on a regular basis.

Tall blondes are good. Short blondes are good. Tall or short brunettes are good. Statuesque redheads knock neno speechless, though. It carries the added bonus that he can't argue or be abrasive, not being able to speak beyond "huminahuminahumina" and all.

However, the drooling can be problematic.

Blue is exotic, and otherworldly, but not a necessity. That would only cause him to remember the view on the Penelope bridge from the first first contact.

Buzzards. I reckon we'd have to capitalize it as a proper name for reference to a specific enemy entity, but it works for me. Sort of a poetry with it, buzzards just being a down-home name for "death birds", which they certainly seem to be. Nothing so noble as the "proper" name "vultures". Either way, it gets the point across, with certain negative connotations at the same time.

Be gentle with neno. He's skeert of girls. They don't play fair!

[edit on 2009/10/15 by nenothtu]

[edit on 2009/10/15 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hi All...My reasons for my last post including Carpet are two fold.

One - I hope those of you from the Penelope who might want to use Carpet will do so.

(Especially if you need comic relief when it comes to the ‘President’ you brought aboard. Who knows what kind of voices she might hear. *wink*)

Also, I’ve go to get to Ship’s Center, then back to you all to tell you exactly what’s ‘going on’ in there but at the same time be advised the Penelope has landed - so Carpet was kind enough to tell me. I‘ll get a post up about Ship‘s Center and what to expect there soon.

(The following is just an idea - nothing written in stone)

Since we were pretty certain the Shifter was trying to escape via the docking bays - if - and only if any of you are interested - feel free to use *Silo* as a Shapeshifter target - meaning - if you see Silo on the docks, and she’s got a nasty attitude towards you Penelope crew - it’s the Shapeshifter.

For all you know ‘Pseudo Silo’ might walk right up and spit in your eye then leave the area.

It would go far to characterize the Shifters disdain for you all plus it’s ability to cause trouble and at the same time get himself off the docks and back into hiding somewhere else on Ship now that you all showed up so promptly to thwart him.

Just an idea - so feel free to use *Silo* if you’d like - I'm not going to write it - just leaving any of you the option if you want it.

Regardless, I'll make my way right back to the docks in just a few moments of Ship's time.

It's only going to take one look into the Center to know we've got trouble.

Welcome aboard Penelope! A long time coming!

[edit on 16-10-2009 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I've got a question - how in the devil does one CATCH a shapeshifter? I mean, suppose you get to grappling, and he just shifts into a water shape, and flows away?

I might have to get creative here...

Thanks for the welcome, Silo! We're glad to finally be here, and don't worry a bit, I'm sure we can find something external to Yydryl to blow up, like a Hootchiecootchie warship!

Also, keep in mind the episode where neno went into coma upon having his vibrational level raised. It may have done something to his perception faculties... or something (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

If Bransom hears voices, neno might hear 'em too, and not let on.

Or just be AFRAID to let on...

[edit on 2009/10/16 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Ya know, I've no idea how you catch the Shifter... One reason I'm trying to open up him flitting from person to person so we (and the readers) can get a feel of what a slippery guy this Shifter an be.

Also about blowing things up... I dunno where people get the idea I want a fight, but I don't - unless it's while taking a bead on the Shifter.

Look forward to seeing ya all soon.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Neno thanks for the chuckes this morning.

Silo cool idea about the SS posing as you or one of us.

Lets go with the scenario the SS can only be a solid. Maybe????

Never met a SS. LOL

Off to read Silo's post.

Lets get those Buzzard Ochiwhathaveyous.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

*neno scratches ribs with long hairy arm, underhanded*

Silo not blow things up? But silo have giant gun!

OK. Silo not blow things up.

Neno sad. Fireballs pretty!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm working on the theory now that if it can't differentiate down to mimic a millibeing, which would be a solid, however supple, then it can't break down to water either.

A post is up about nenothtu's encounter with Shapeshifter Silo. Now how do you suppose THAT is going to play out when the REAL Silo please stands up?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I was trying to address the Shifter's issues in the Carpet post.

I hope it answered the questions of the Shifter's ability to only *Shift* to another viable life form - not like Carpet, water, droids, etc.

Reminds me of this clip from Disney - The Wizard Fight from Sword in the Stone when Mad Madam Mim and Merlin shapeshift.

hehehe

Let's go by Mim's rules...

(Mim) "Rule 1 - No Mineral or vegetable, only animal.
Rule 2 - No make believe things like pink dragons and stuff.
Rule 3 - No disappearing."

lol - dang I loved that flick.

peace

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Oh I'll be torching those cocoons, but not any of you U-Mans.

Or I hope not.
Like Cim said, we all got to get along.

EDIT after reading *Pinch* post.

ROTFL.

So the Shapeshifter PINCHED you?

Are you sure, really sure, he wasn't just taking a sample of you?

You better check out that wound...

You're next on the list buddy...Shapeshifter's gonna get you now.

Or us...

hehehe

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

PS: I cant believe none of you thought my made up names were funny but badgerbutt, he spit his soda.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by cindymars]

Hey,
I thought somebody might be talking about me. My shorts were getting warm.

Yup. upyuorbittskis had me rolling. Yoo-hoo out the old nostrils. Ruined a perfectly good centerfold.

Anyhow, just stopped in to say 'Hi."

Been following the thread and enjoying it.
The attempts to rename the ompaloompas have been entertaining.

I hope it's all right that I'm posting here. If anybody complains then just tell them I'm a consultant.

Here's my 'contribution' regarding the story so it's all nice and legal.

Instead of calling them opienandys, okeefenokees, Banannaramas or whatever, why not just call them Blackbirds?

Later taters.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I was trying to address the Shifter's issues in the Carpet post.

I hope it answered the questions of the Shifter's ability to only *Shift* to another viable life form - not like Carpet, water, droids, etc.

Reminds me of this clip from Disney - The Wizard Fight from Sword in the Stone when Mad Madam Mim and Merlin shapeshift.

hehehe

Let's go by Mim's rules...

(Mim) "Rule 1 - No Mineral or vegetable, only animal.
Rule 2 - No make believe things like pink dragons and stuff.
Rule 3 - No disappearing."

Ahhh yes! RULES to work with! Thanks, Silo! I particularly like the no disappearing. That should make things easier.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So the Shapeshifter PINCHED you?

Are you sure, really sure, he wasn't just taking a sample of you?

You better check out that wound...

You're next on the list buddy...Shapeshifter's gonna get you now.

Or us...

hehehe

I think he was just testing me for fat content, to see if I was protein enough for the Regallian Roasting Vats.

Seriously, I figured a pinch in the presence of those sidearms showed far more disdain than an outright slap. You know, the "you ain't even worth all THAT" mentality.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Instead of calling them opienandys, okeefenokees, Banannaramas or whatever, why not just call them Blackbirds?

Dang it! Okeefenokees was going to be my NEXT stab in the dark! I already had it planned out! Back to the drawing board, I reckon...

Yeah man, drop in any old time. It's good to know you haven't entirely abandoned us!

I'll put a pot of coffee on for when ya return to the fold.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Yeah man, drop in any old time. It's good to know you haven't entirely abandoned us!

Abandoned?

I haven't abandoned you.

Badger is off on an extremely secret and terribly dangerous mission. Super secret nighthawk commandos! Shadow section, ghost platoon, you didn't see me I wasn't here phantom-like and intrepid protector of all that is cool and sexy.

I live a life of razor edge suspense and constant peril. Not to mention that I'm doing all of this while suffering from a terminal case of vitriolic sardonicism.

Abandoned you?

You wound me Sir.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Ahhh yes! RULES to work with! Thanks, Silo! I particularly like the no disappearing. That should make things easier.

Ahhh, not my rules, those are Mim's!

But, I suppose we probably should put some kind of ground rules on the Shapeshifter.

Then again you have to catch the cat to bell it...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Abandoned?

I haven't abandoned you.

Badger is off on an extremely secret and terribly dangerous mission. Super secret nighthawk commandos! Shadow section, ghost platoon, you didn't see me I wasn't here phantom-like and intrepid protector of all that is cool and sexy.

I live a life of razor edge suspense and constant peril. Not to mention that I'm doing all of this while suffering from a terminal case of vitriolic sardonicism.

Abandoned you?

You wound me Sir.

Not at all, mon capitain Secret Squirrel! I've already got the t-shirt printed out that says "YOU DON"T KNOW ME!" for your inevitable return!

Coffee's brewin', too.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Ahhh, not my rules, those are Mim's!

But, I suppose we probably should put some kind of ground rules on the Shapeshifter.

Then again you have to catch the cat to bell it...

Ahh, but you FOUND the rules! They work as a grounding in Shapeshifter 101.

And 'bell the cat'? Yeah, I'll ring that shapeshifter's bells, alright!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I say those are the darn SS rules.
Good rules good find Silo.

Badgerbuddy we want you back.....

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I say those are the darn SS rules.
Good rules good find Silo.

Badgerbuddy we want you back.....

Yeah, what SHE said! I could have used a good pilot with some common sense in this latest episode!

Edit: for more information.

Neno is at a loss how to explain these "feelings", or rather the heightened version of them. He's always had a "combat sense". Folks that have been through a shoot 'em up or two probably understand what I mean - that nagging, crawly feeling that tell you, and lets you KNOW, for certain, that "something wicked this way comes". It's something more than a "feeling", but something short of actual sight. I don't know how to explain it any better than that.

I wouldn't claim it to be "ESP" or anything else paranormal, but it SEEMS to be outside normal sensory channels. Maybe something as simple as subconcious processing of unrecognized sensory stimuli below the normal sensory threshold. I dunno.

With neno, since that coma incident, that faculty has become heightened, more vivid, more... something.

He can't explain it any better than I can.

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join