It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 183
<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've gotten a post up. Sorry it's been so long guys. Been very busy lately.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Good to see you Seeker. Thanks for the nice diplomatic post. I hope it allows our 2 ragtag groups to be able to come together at last.

Please everyone lets make this happen.

Go get the bad guys and keep the rift from destroying the Universe.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Go get the bad guys and keep the rift from destroying the Universe.

I agree, "time to kick some ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum".

We could make our pain in the ass "president" type politician an ambassador and send her down the the planet below to "help" them with her "diplomacy" while we get on with the "Daring Do" of saving the universe!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Any reason you might know of you're not getting my U2U's?

Ugh, lol...

Anyway Ill post one here...

Hi Hi

Nice to see you back

Just so you know - the Penelope's computer was just plugged into Chumley, our Second in command Security Officer - a big hulking Rigellian.

We didn't want to allow the Penelope into the *core* of the Yydryl again.

So, either I can write it up the Chumley *got away* with it - and you didn't seem to know the difference when you accessed the Yydryl...

Or...??? Or what???

Just saying, it wasn't the Yydryl Penelope was accessing...

Welcome back

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I had an idea. Seeker can go to and from Yydryl without any problems as Profrabbit explained. Because Yydryl is a sentient ship. If we were to Tie Sheila into the Penelopes main core, that would be more or less a sentience would it not? Sheila could then address Asher directly as the Yydryl does.

Oh and btw...I hope Penelope doesn't use windows vista....cause I might have to quit HAHAHA

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I have a request.

Silo write whatever it takes to make us united.

So we can get on with it.

No window's vista.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles

Oh and btw...I hope Penelope doesn't use windows vista....cause I might have to quit HAHAHA

Penelope uses a pirated version of Windows XP - the "Black" edition, 2009 version, as optimized. Hence the Pirate flag flying on the bulkhead in neno's quarters.

I've made a post attempting to initiate a meeting, of sorts. Y'all better not eat me, or I'll return and haunt you! Even if only in the form of indigestion....

[edit on 2009/10/3 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I have a request.

Silo write whatever it takes to make us united.

That's the plan, sure - one of us can write them a *pass* aboard.
As soon as the Penelope gets the *a-o-k* and contacts us for a request, no problem.

Can we not drop the ball on the upload to Ship even though we hooked the Penelope into Chumley? Or can I get some info to finish that part?

What the information was about Earth the Penelope was going to upload to Ship - that's now getting uploaded to Chumley?

Should I stay vague about it - to use at a later date? Like *Ok, upload complete... And Chumley says he'll digest the information and give us an update later?

Or is someone from the Penelope going to have something to say about the linking that was requested from the Penelope side?

Also - Studious, you going to let us know what you're up to on board?

We were glad to have you until this Shape Shifter thingy attacked. Now, well, I'm sure you can understand you've got us a wee it concerned since it seems that thing is keeping you tied up in knots.

Thanks

[edit on 3-10-2009 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by cindymars

I have a request.

Can we not drop the ball on the upload to Ship even though we hooked the Penelope into Chumley? Or can I get some info to finish that part?

[edit on 3-10-2009 by silo13]

How about Chumley acts as a "firewall"? digesting the information then passing it on to Yydryl?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
If we were to Tie Sheila into the Penelopes main core, that would be more or less a sentience would it not? Sheila could then address Asher directly as the Yydryl does.

Sheila is a positronic matrix AI, so cannot be tied to the ship as it's quantum streaming, square peg, round hole, you know. Sheila runs on Linux ver. 86.6, AI edition, no Macroslop allowed. :>

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

But Penelope is a huge ship and I am sure it has the components necessary to retrofit some standard processors to act as a converter box of sorts between the two computer cores

In response to Silo, just keep it vague for the moment. The point of linking the cores is to compare the two databases and see if there are any data discrepancies. Seeing as how there is a hacker in the penelope at the moment, our data could have been tampered with.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Seeing as how there is a hacker in the penelope at the moment, our data could have been tampered with.

Ok, just keep in mind Penelope is hooked up to Chumley - who again - has the information Penelope needs, but, is not Ship.

That could prove to be interesting.

Chumley might actually perceive something of this *hacker* Ship might not have.

And yeah, I'll keep it vague for now but lay some foreshadow just in case we want to use this later.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm a little vague on jacking Penelope into Chumley. The readers may be too. Is chumley acting as some sort of filter, or firewall? It seems he's able to pass on the vast data stored by Yydryl, but at the same time prevent full access, and I'm not real clear on how that's working.

Since Sheila runs on Linux kernel 86.6, you can be sure I won't be poking about her. It takes an act of congress just for me to add addons to the programs in my Linux box, even if it just involves dropping files into the program folder. She don't like that sort of thing at all! Tells me I don't "own" that folder.

I guess that's what makes her a "she"

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Regallian flatulence? And Neno has volunteered to go into THAT? A warrior's work is never done, I suppose...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Studioussssss you out there?

We really need to know what you want to do on the Yydryl before we can go on.

I mean, do you want us to get together, CindyMars, you and I and Chumley ahead of time? To try to convince us, with your tape information to let you stay?

Or do you want us to go ahead and open the door to the Penelope to come and (try) to get you?

What's up with the ShapeShifter and you? Could you let us know?

Thanks!

Oh - about Chumley and the Penelope being *plugged in* to Chumley.

Yes, I suppose he's acting as a firewall for the Yydryl.

She is UNRESPONSIVE at the moment to the crew at the moment (there's a reason for this that will come out very soon so I'd appreciate her remaining unresponsive to others - CindyMars and I are working on something behind the scenes so we can move on with the story).

So, as Chumley has everything about the Yydryl downloaded into his little pea brain (which I hope is becoming clear his little pea brain is incredible huge, it's just his social skills that are deficient) - anyway, he's got all there is to know about the Yydryl in his head.

He also can take any downloads about earth and will later upload to the Yydryl as they see fit.

It would surprise me if the Penelope knows the difference between being *hooked up * to Chumley or the Yydryl, but, the Penelope has surprised us before!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

the penelope itself probably wouldn't care where it was hooked into since it doesn't know the difference anyways. But Rabbits AI "Sheila" knows the difference.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Yes I just read that, lol!
Funny as farts that is.

I'm looking forward to either writing that part for Chumley or reading what Cindy puts up for it.

Seeker - as for this direct connection you're insinuating you have with the Yydryl, what's your reason for being *connected* to her?

She is not *your kind* and to present her as such is rewriting her history.
Nothing in her back story or her origin of life supports such a claim.

Will try to post something today while waiting for CindyMars.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Funny as farts that is.

I'm looking forward to either writing that part for Chumley or reading what Cindy puts up for it.

Seeker - as for this direct connection you're insinuating you have with the Yydryl, what's your reason for being *connected* to her?

I believe Seeker is referring to the quantum stream as his mode of existence and Yydryl's mode of thought processes, (but I may be wrong:>)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Funny as farts that is.

You could have a certain "difficult to contain" pair of hominids walk into a "waft of Chumley", thereby allowing for their capture without a "shot being fired" so-to-speak. :>

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You are waiting for me to post?

What?

I have no idea what the deal is with Chumley and tech stuff...please feel free.

I just want a tribal merge,so to speak, ASAP.

new topics

top topics

<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join